Lucas

Madryt / Rzym 2016

Post autor: Lucas »

Obrazek
TOURNAMENT INFO

TIER: Premier
PRIZE MONEY: $4,771,360 SURFACE: Clay
DIRECTOR: Manolo Santana
Total Financial Commitment: $4,785,714. WTA tennis in Madrid dates back to 1996, with an event held the week before the French Open through 2003. Also, the Spanish capital hosted the season-ending WTA Championships in 2006 and 2007. What is now known as the Mutua Madrid Open, one of four Premier Mandatory tournaments on the calendar, debuted in 2009 running alongside the ATP event that launched in 2002.

The venue that hosts the event, La Caja Mágica (The Magic Box), was unveiled in 2009 at a special ceremony attended by the Spanish Prime Minister and Mayor of Madrid. The facility houses three clay courts with retractable roofs. Center Court - Manolo Santana Stadium - can hold 12,500 people, and Court 2 - Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario Stadium - and Court 3 seat 3,500 and 2,500, respectively. That allows for up to three matches to be played simultaneously in the event of rain, a luxury that none of the four majors offer.

Since its inception, the tournament has been a leader in innovations. Those have included having models work as ball boys and ball girls, showing the finals in 3D at Spanish cinemas, having Elena Dementieva and Caroline Wozniacki play 'Underground Tennis' on the tracks of one of Madrid's busiest Metro stations in 2009 and having Maria Sharapova square off with Spanish motorcycle rider Fonsi Nieto in a speed competition of her serve against his bike in 2010. The idea that received the most attention was the event becoming the first-ever to be played on blue clay - switching from its traditional red clay - for 2012.

Back to red clay in 2013, Madrid saw its first repeat winner in Serena Williams. Maria Sharapova was victorious in 2014.
Obrazek
TOURNAMENT INFO

TIER: Premier
PRIZE MONEY: $0 SURFACE: Clay
DIRECTOR: Sergio Palmieri
Two weeks prior to the start of the French Open, the stars of the WTA travel to the Italian capital for the Internazionali BNL d'Italia. Widely considered the second most prestigious clay event after Roland Garros, the Premier tournament's roll of champions reads like a who's who of all-time greats.

Leading the way is Chris Evert, who captured the trophy five times. Following closely behind are Gabriela Sabatini and Conchita Martínez, both of whom won a place in the hearts of the crowd at the Foro Italico with four title runs, and Serena Williams with three. Other winners include Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Martina Hingis, Kim Clijsters, Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova. Only Evert, Graf, Seles and Serena Williams have netted the Rome-French Open double in the same year.

After spending its first five years at the Tennis Club Milano, the event moved to the Benito Mussolini-built Foro Italico in northern Rome, in 1935, where it has stayed for all but three years since. The complex, which hosts an ATP event the same week, consists of 11 courts, with the jewel the 10,400-seater Centre Court.
“I doubt about myself, I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”- Rafa Nadal

"There are other tournaments in which I would like to win. However, in the end, trophies are just pieces of metal. The main thing that I took from tennis is love. She will remain with me forever, and I am sincerely grateful for this “ - David Ferrer
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Re: Madryt / Rzym 2016

INSIDER PODCAST: HOLA MADRID

Obrazek
Spoiler:
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/5 ... ola-madrid
“I doubt about myself, I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”- Rafa Nadal

"There are other tournaments in which I would like to win. However, in the end, trophies are just pieces of metal. The main thing that I took from tennis is love. She will remain with me forever, and I am sincerely grateful for this “ - David Ferrer
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Obrazek

Drabinka Madrytu:

[1] Agnieszka Radwańska (POL) - Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
Caroline Garcia (FRA) - Johanna Konta (GBR)
Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)
Camila Giorgi (ITA) - [15] Sara Errani (ITA)

[9] Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) - Q
Kristina Mladenovic (FRA) - Q
Jelena Jankovic (SRB) - [WC] Sorana Cirstea (ROU)
Danka Kovinic (MNE) - [7] Roberta Vinci (ITA)

[4] Victoria Azarenka (BLR) - Laura Robson (GBR)
Alize Cornet (FRA) - [WC] Paula Badosa (ESP)
Q - Monica Niculescu (ROU)
Q - [14] Ana Ivanovic (SRB)

[12] Elina Svitolina (UKR) - Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)
Daria Gavrilova (AUS) - Yulia Putintseva (KAZ)
Q - Jelena Ostapenko (LAT)
[WC] Lara Arruabarrena (ESP) - [5] Petra Kvitova (CZE)

[6] Simana Halep (ROU) - Misaki Doi (JPN)
Karin Knapp (ITA) - Margarita Gasparyan (RUS)
Annika Beck (GER) - Ekaterina Makarova (RUS)
Andra Petkovic (GER) - [10] Timea Bacsinszky (SUI)

[13] Karolina Pliskova (CZE) - [WC] Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)
Anna-Lena Friedsam (GER) - Christina McHale (USA)
Irina Camelia Begu (ROU) - Eugenie Bouchard (CAN)
Anna-Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK) - [3] Garbine Muguruza (ESP)

[8] Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) - Timea Babos (HUN)
Sabine Lisicki (GER) - Q
[WC] Sara Sorribes Tormo (ESP) - Samantha Stosur (AUS)
Coco Vandeveghe (USA) - [11] Lucie Safarova (CZE)

[16] Sloane Stephens (USA) - Teliana Pereira (BRA)
Daria Kasatkina (RUS) - Q
Q - Madison Keys (USA)
Barbora Strycova (CZE) - [2] Angelique Kerber (GER)

Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Room to Grow in Madrid
When I contemplated writing the Madrid women’s preview earlier in the week, the theme that jumped out was: “Is it time for Serena Williams to start worrying?” On Friday, Serena pulled out of the Premier Mandatory event citing a debilitating fever, which makes my question both more relevant and harder to answer. Now she’ll have to defend her French Open title having played just one event on clay (assuming she’s entered in Rome next week). And now there’s more room for another player—Victoria Azarenka? Angelique Kerber? Petra Kvitova?—to win a title and build some momentum heading into Paris.

For the next week, though, Serena won’t be the story. Who might be? Let's break down the draw.
Spoiler:
Semifinals: Kvitova d. Kuznetsova; Kerber d. Muguruza

Final: Kvitova d. Kerber

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/04/ ... yXx1tKLSUk

Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Hankmoody

Post autor: Hankmoody »

Z tej Svitoliny to już chyba nic nie będzie, niby porażka z Darią mi nie wadzi, bo lubię obie, ale spodziewałem się więcej niż zwyciestwa w Baku i Kuala Lumpur. Na rozkładzie z czołowych tenisistek też szału nie ma.

A na Sloane to już chyba trzeba postawić ostatecznie krzyżyk.
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Serbskiej apokalipsy ciąg dalszy. Ana wyeliminowana przez Luisę Chirico, jednego seta przegrała 1-6. "Brawo Ona" :facepalm: (z całym szacunkiem dla rywalki, która grała całkiem solidnie przez te 6 gemów, co je obejrzałem).

Hank, nie przesadzałbym ze Sloane, niedawno wygrała zieloną mączkę w Charlestone, więc nie ma tragedii.

Hankmoody

Generalnie jej występy na cegle mi powiewają, ona miała wygrywać poza nią.
Awatar użytkownika
Mario

Post autor: Mario »

Nie rozumiem narzekań na Anę, właśnie uniknęła blamażu z Azarenką (kto wie czy czasem nie podwójnego bajgla). Nic lepszego w tym turnieju nie mogło się przydarzyć.

A co do Sloane, zależy co mamy na myśli. Jeśli chodzi o wielkie granie, a do takiego chyba aspirowała, faktycznie jest stracona, ale karierę a'la Bacsinszky pewnie będzie miała.
MTT bilans finałów (17-26)
W: Queen's Club 13, Monte Carlo 14, Australian Open 15, Nottingham 15, Chennai 16, Rio de Janeiro 17, Wiedeń 17, Acapulco 18, Madryt 18, Queen's Club 21, Cincinnati 21, Indian Wells 21, World Tour Finals 21, s-Hertogenbosch 22, Roland Garros 23, Astana 23, Hong Kong 24
F: Auckland 14, Miami 14, Roland Garros 14, Waszyngton 14, World Tour Finals 14, Rio de Janeiro 15, US Open 15, Estoril 16, Pekin 17, Rio de Janeiro 18, Monte Carlo 18, Rzym 18, Lyon 18, Metz 18, Hamburg 20, Madryt 21, St. Petersburg 21, Adelajda-2 22, Buenos Aires 22, Rio de Janeiro 22, Cincinnati 22, Astana 22, Rio de Janeiro 23, Bastad 23, Rio de Janeiro 24, Dubaj 24
Awatar użytkownika
Jacques D.

Post autor: Jacques D. »

Hankmoody pisze:Z tej Svitoliny to już chyba nic nie będzie, niby porażka z Darią mi nie wadzi, bo lubię obie, ale spodziewałem się więcej niż zwyciestwa w Baku i Kuala Lumpur. Na rozkładzie z czołowych tenisistek też szału nie ma.
Delikatnie mówiąc. Też liczę już tylko na kilka "większych momentów" w przyszłości ze strony Eliny. Tylko, że to jest problem z całym tym pokoleniem, z którym jeszcze 2 sezony temu wiązano wielkie nadzieje. Żadna z tych dziewczyn nie zgłasza akcesu do bycia w niedalekiej przyszłości kimś, kto tworzyć będzie historię tenisa kobiecego. I nie chodzi tu wyłącznie o kwestie mentalne, tenisowo też żadna z nich nie rozwinęła się w taki sposób, który by pozwalał myśleć o w miarę szybkiej stabilizacji na tym najwyższym poziomie.

Jeśli chodzi o Ukrainkę to tak mniej w kontekście dzisiejszego meczu, a bardziej ogólnie, bo akurat Darii na pewno tego zwycięstwa nie będę żałował.
Hankmoody

Jeśli chodzi o pokolenie tych młodych, to aktualnie największe szanse na sukces daje Bencic. Moim zdaniem, jest to taka Wozniacki, tylko z duzo większym potencjałem ofensywnym (Dunka w tym aspekcie w zasadzie nie istniała, poza kontrami). A przecież Caro swego czasu trzymała się długo na jedynce.

No i Muguruza, nie wierzę że Hiszpańska wersja tenisa bum bum czegoś poważnego w swoim życiu nie wygra, obstawiam ja na 4 szlemy.
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Aktualnie Gabi męczy się okrutnie, chyba posiedzę z Nią przez 3 sety.

Hankmoody

Daj spokój, gra jakby miała jaja powiązane. Gdyby Begu udało się wyserwować tego pierwszego seta to bylyby już w szatni.
Co gorsze, Rumunia zaraz puści też seta numer 2.
Hankmoody

Toż to kwintesencja betonu ATP, Begu prowadzi cały set z przewaga przełamania, serwując na niego przegrywa oczywiście pierwszego seta, z murowanym faworytem wyrzucając minimalnie 2 piłki w aut,
W drugim secie powtórka, prowadzenie z przełamaniem cały set, serwując na seta mało jest 40:0.
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Internet mi fiksuje cały dzień, więc uciekła mi końcówka drugiej partii, ale pewnie nic nowego tam nie było. Muguruza sadzi dziś wielbłądy, jest rozregulowana i apatyczna. Do tego Rumunka często wrzucała Hiszpance takie balony na końcowa, po których ta nie wiedziała co zrobić i dębiała. Będzie teraz ciężko, bo motywacja u Gabi raczej średnia (a szkoda, bo to jednak Jej publika; swoją drogą mogliby widzowie nieco podgrzać atmosferę, niby kibicują, ale jakoś tak skromnie, bez hiszpańskiego ognia).

Hankmoody

To się zgadza, Hiszpanka zdecydowanie nie jest dziś w najwyżej dyspozycji, szczególnie mentalnej.
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Chyba hiszpańskie magiczne pudełko okaże się dziś trumienką dla reprezentantki gospodarzy. Nie na takie sztuczki się umawiałem :D.

Begu jest gotowa wiele oddać, ale mimo to trzeba najpierw samemu coś grać.

Hankmoody

Ja tam zdecydowanie za Begu. Hiszpanka słaba, do tego bez większego zaangażowania.
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Koniec męki, zasłużenie wygrywa Begu. Jeśli panna Muguruza zamierza kłopotać swojego utytułowanego rodaka grą mieszaną w Rio to niech lepiej poprawi formę, bo szkoda Jego czasu. Katastrofa totalna, Gabi ogarniaj sie !

Zablokowany