Grigor Dimitrov

Profile aktywnych graczy ATP Tour.
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Re: Grigor Dimitrov

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Miami: Dimitrov w IV rundzie, bije tenisistę z Top-10!

Grigor odniósł dziś szczególne zwycięstwo. Pokonując Tomasa Berdycha w III rundzie turnieju ATP w Miami, zanotował pierwszy wygrany mecz przeciwko zawodnikowi z czołowej "10" świata. Jego bilans w starciach z tak wysoko notowaną grupą jest jednak mocno niekorzystny: 1-9.

Bułgarski tenisista po raz pierwszy w karierze wygrał 3 pojedynki w tym samym turnieju ATP Tour.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

Grisza odnalazł swojego anioła:

MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

DIMITROV RECORDS FIRST TOP 10 WIN OVER BERDYCH; TIPSAREVIC NEXT

Obrazek
Grigor Dimitrov has a 1-9 record
against Top 10 players.

Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov recorded his first victory over a Top 10 star Sunday when he beat No. 7-ranked Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic 6-3, 2-6, 6-4 in two hours and 16 minutes at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami.

Dimitrov, now 1-9 lifetime against the elite of the South African Airways ATP Rankings, saved five of seven break points to reach the fourth round of an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament for the first time. Berdych, the 2010 runner-up in Miami, who also hit six aces in the pair's second encounter, won four more total points.

"Today was a great match, a great day for me," said World No. 101 Dimitrov. "I didn't expect to play that well. I didn't make enough first serves, though. got a bit lucky at 4 4 in the third [set], and I was happy to close the match."

The 20-year-old Dimitrov will next challenge ninth-seeded Serbian Janko Tipsarevic, who fired down 10 aces past No. 18 seed Alexandr Dolgopolov of the Ukraine for a 6-4, 5-7, 6-2 victory in two hours and six minutes.

Tipsarevic leads Dimitrov 2-0 in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series, with both meetings coming last year at the AEGON International in Eastbourne and the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington.

Fourth seed and 2009 champion Andy Murray, who owns an apartment in Miami, advanced without hitting a ball when Canadian Milos Raonic, the No. 26 seed, withdrew due to a right ankle injury.

"Yesterday, at the end of practice, we finished doing an hour long practice, and I was just moving back and I rolled over my ankle and ended up spraining it," explained Raonic.

Murray goes onto face French No. 13 seed Gilles Simon, who won 76 per cent of his service points to beat No. 22 seed Jurgen Melzer of Austria 7-6(5), 6-4 in one hour and 39 minutes. Simon, who now leads Melzer 3-2, has a 12-7 season record.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Wins.aspx
Art

Post autor: Art »

One Hand Tied Behind His Back

My personal highlight of the opening weekend: Grigor Dimitrov’s overjoyed reaction to his win over Tomas Berdych. A Top 10 scalp (kind of a harsh term, isn't it?) has been a long time coming for this stylish and occasionally troubled former junior champ from Bulgaria. If there’s anything missing from the ATP right now, it’s young blood, someone to look out for. And Dimitrov, who is no cookie-cutter grinding baseliner, would be a great someone to look out for.

My personal lowlight: Seeing Dimitrov hit 18 winners in the first set of his next match, against Janko Tipsarevic, yet lose it in a tiebreaker after he threw in his first two double faults of the match. Dimitrov went on to lose the second 6-2.

There seem to be two possible Dimitrov stories to tell. One tells us that the ATP is a tougher nut than ever to crack. Teen prodigies have disappeared, the Top 4 win everything worth winning, and the rank-and-file are more competent than ever. Thus, progress is measured by one small step at a time, even for someone as talented as Dimitrov.

The second possible Dimitrov narrative is simpler, and, unfortunately, more disheartening: His backhand isn’t good enough. He committed 22 unforced errors in the first set against Tipsy; 20 of them came from the backhand side. Dimitrov has a one-hander, which gives him much of his flair, but it also makes it a less reliable shot than, say, Tipsarevic’s solid two-fister.

Of the Top 11 men in the world at the moment, only one, the 30-year-old Federer, uses a one-hander. I’ve been hoping that Dimitrov would be the guy who proved that you can still use one hand and win. Now I’m hoping he’s not the guy who proves the opposite.
http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2012/03 ... gle+Reader
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Dimitrov laughs off Serena questions

Obrazek

Grigor Dimitrov always expected to hit the headlines one day, but what he never expected was that the majority of interest would surround his private life.

The Bulgarian 20-year-old has become a high-profile name at recent tournaments due the growing obsession over the nature of his relationship with Serena Williams, who has been spotted courtside at his matches.

Dimitrov has laughed off questions in that direction, but the attention he always craved has clearly not been entirely unwelcome, after one of the best performances of his career at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami this week.

There Dimitrov, currently the world number 101, claimed his first career win over a top 10-ranked opponent in Tomas Berdych, before finally bowing out in the fourth round to Janko Tipsarevic.

Dimitrov is a former world number one junior who won both the Wimbledon and US Open titles in a stellar 2008 before making the immediate decision to concentrate on the senior circuit.

Big things were expected of the then teenage Bulgarian - but then, exactly the same had been said for his two immediate predecessors as Wimbledon junior champions, Donald Young and Thiemo de Bakker.

"I remember playing juniors and then coming up to these guys and I thought it was going to be a walk in the park," Dimitrov admitted this week. "But obviously it's not. Actually I'm pretty happy that I've got so far."

Dimitrov's progress has been slow and steady. Three years after committing to the seniors, he is yet to reach a tour final, and has not gone beyond the second round in his six main draw appearances at Grand Slams.

"It's very tough," admitted Dimitrov. "Nowadays I think the tennis is getting really competitive and it's a very physical sport so you've got to be on top every time.

"Of course you have your bad days, and you have to escape a little bit from them.

"The preparation (this season) was one of the best I did since I came on the tour. It has paid off a lot. I was expecting to play a little better at the beginning of the year, but obviously it wasn't the right time for me."

If there is any truth in the rumours of his relationship with Williams, Dimitrov can expect to stay in the headlines for some time to come. But the way it is finally going, his tennis could soon be doing just as much of the talking.
http://www.espnstar.com/home/news/detail/item777440/
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Konferencja prasowa po wygranej w III rundzie z Tomasem Berdychem:
Spoiler:
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Te ... March.aspx
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Wywiad po porażce w Bukareszcie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZGfgRHD ... r_embedded[/youtube]
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Grigor Dimitrov Q&A: A Bulgarian In Paris

Obrazek

World No. 87 Grigor Dimitrov is one of the most talented young prospects on the ATP World Tour. On Tuesday, the 21-year-old Bulgarian won a main draw match at Roland Garros for the first time when he defeated American Donald Young 7-6(3), 6-1, 6-1. Afterwards, he caught up with ATPWorldTour.com to share his top Paris sightseeing tips and his Top 50 ambitions.

Grigor, your first win at Roland Garros, you must be delighted with that?
Oh yeah, definitely. Especially with me living here in Paris, it’s a great feeling. I’ve been waiting for this tournament for quite a long time and I’m pretty happy to go through the first round. What a great day to play today as well. Everything has been quite good and I feel great. I live by myself in Paris, but all my relatives came to watch me, so there was just a great feeling today. My Mum and Dad, friends, everyone was here and they were supporting me all the way. I was glad I could close it out in three sets as well.

What makes Roland Garros special for you? How is it different to the other Grand Slams?
It’s on clay courts [laughs]. I think first of all the place is great. There’s tonnes of people that are attending the tournament. People are appreciating this tournament a lot. I think it’s always a special place. It’s the summer so everyone is feeling quite well, everyone’s been practising and in the rhythm. So you really can see who has played well and who is ready to continue the year in a good style.

You mentioned you live in Paris, what’s your top sightseeing tip for people visiting the city?
I live actually a little bit outside of the city. I’m not a city boy, definitely. I live in the countryside. But in the city there’s obviously tonnes of restaurants you can visit. There’s lounges and of course the Louvre – it’s well known worldwide. All these sites you can just check out. There’s tonnes of things to do, you’re never bored.

You’ve come close to the Top 50 before, what do you think you need to do to take that next step?
It’s always nice to be consistent of course. Every player is travelling for that. I think if you are consistent and injury free and improve your game all the time, working on special things, you automatically become better. Everything is starting to become more fluid for you and automatically you win more matches, get more points and the ranking goes up. Personally, I think I can improve a bunch of things. I just have to take a little time. I’m not worried about it.

What do you like to do in your free time? How do you relax away from the court?
I’m quite a laidback guy. I like to stay home and chill a little bit. I’ve been biking a lot in the countryside, especially when the weather is like this. It’s just amazing trying to find everything around you. I’m quite an easy guy, I like movies.

Bulgaria aren’t involved in the European Championships this summer, but are you a football fan? Will you be following the Euros?
I’m not a fan like some of the other guys on tour, but I like soccer, I play quite often. I try to enjoy it as much as possible. In my free time I play a lot of soccer and I follow sometimes whatever’s happening in the world.
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... itrov.aspx
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Queens Club: pierwszy półfinał ATP.

Obrazek

21-letni Bułgar po raz pierwszy w karierze zagra o finał zawodowego turnieju tenisowego z cyklu ATP Tour. ;)
World No. 72 Grigor Dimitrov cried on court Friday after reaching his first ATP World Tour semi-final at the AEGON Championships. The 21-year-old Bulgarian, a former Wimbledon junior champion, upended ninth-seeded South African Kevin Anderson 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 in the quarter-finals at The Queen’s Club.

Dimitrov, who had not dropped a set in his first three matches, withstood 15 aces from Anderson in the match that was twice delayed by rain in the second set. He broke serve three times from nine opportunities to prevail in just over two hours.

"I was basically kind of stuck after the first set, but thank God it rained so I had time to go back in the locker and had time to review the first set and see what I did good and see what I did bad," said Dimitrov. "After I think I was just more focused and more steady than him. It was ups and downs, but what's important is the end result. I got a couple of tears. It was a good moment. I always wanted to share this with the people that I love."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... revic.aspx
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Obrazek

Grigor cały czas bez finału ATP. 21-leni Bułgar zagrał w 1/2 finału imprezy w Bastad, gdzie na jego drodze stanął David Ferrer.
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Grigor gotów do startu w igrzykach (via FB).
Taking off for Olympics (with my dad) - dressed for success :)

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Po raz kolejny marzenia o finale imprezy ATP trzeba odłożyć na przyszłość, ale Bułgar znów zagrał w turniejowym półfinale (Gstaad) - trzecim w karierze i trzecim w sezonie.

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Barty
Administrator

Post autor: Barty »

Po porażce w Toronto:
Hi from Toronto! Tough match yesterday. A little injured but i ll be good for Cincinnati. Couple of days off and back on track!.
Tytuły (27):
2023: Wiedeń 2022: Miami, Astana, Bazylea, WTF Turyn 2021: Monte Carlo, Madryt, Winston-Salem 2019: Newport, US Open, 2018: Brisbane, Quito, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Roland Garros, 2017: Auckland, Waszyngton, Shenzen, 2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros, 2013: US Open, 2012: Nicea, 2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Finały (36):
2024: Brisbane, Cordoba, Estoril 2023: Auckland, Rotterdam, Dubaj, Barcelona 2022: Rotterdam, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Rzym, Newport, Hamburg, Gijon 2021: Monachium, Rzym, 2020: Rzym, Antwerpia, 2019: Rotterdam, Rzym, Roland Garros, 2018: Halle, 2017: Stuttgart, 2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea, 2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn, 2014: Doha, 2013: Cincinnati, 2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm, 2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

To choć trochę usprawiedliwia ostatnie dwie żenujące wtopy Grigora. Za FB:
Hey guys! Still struggling with my injury,at least i tried yesterday! Tomorrow i have a meeting with the doctor which will make an ex-ray and see whats next for me. Fingers crossed!
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
DEUCE US Open 2012
by Kate Flory | 19.08.2012

Obrazek
Grigor Dimitrov is beginning to make his mark on the ATP World Tour, but on his own terms.

Grigror Dimitrov has been touted as the next Roger Federer for the past few years. He's deflected the pressure admirably and is now ready to make his mark on the ATP World Tour.

The southern Bulgarian city of Haskovo has produced few notable natives. A revolutionary named Tane Nikolov in the 19th century, Stanimir Kolev Stoilov, who went on to be manager of the national football team, and now Grigor Dimitrov – one of the most prodigious talents on the ATP World Tour.

When his mother, Maria, handed him a racquet and ball aged five, it was love at first sight. Dimitrov was taught to wield the instruments by his father, Dimitar, a tennis coach, who remembers his son’s passion to play as an obsession. "Grigor was eager to learn. Any element that I was teaching, Grigor performed as easily as a painter drawing. His desire was to play tennis. He was obsessed, thinking and playing from sunrise to sunset. Maintaining his interest was not difficult for us."
Obrazek An outstanding junior, with titles at Wimbledon and the US Open in 2008, Dimitrov began to work with Peter Lundgren at the start of 2009, after leaving Bulgaria for the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy in Paris.

So impressed was Lundgren that he was of a mind to liken the youngster, at the time ranked just inside the Top 350 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings, to his former star pupil, Roger Federer. It was a comment made with the best of intentions, but one that caught the imagination of the media. Suddenly, the world was watching Dimitrov’s development.

"The expectations put on him were much too big and for sure did not help him," observes current coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, who took over the management of Dimitrov’s career at the start of the season. "It put unbelievable pressure on the shoulders of an 18-year-old kid who had not proven anything at a professional level. Grigor is very clever and sensible. He understands the situation and is now ready to move forward."
"I think you have to present yourself the way you are"

Looking back, Dimitrov remembers, "Of course it [brought extra pressure], but I think he did it in a good way. It’s a nice thing to hear, but that’s not the point. Sometimes it depends how much pressure you want to put on yourself and how much pressure you’re going to give yourself."

Indeed, Dimitrov is very much his own man. He can be a coach’s dream, but also a tactical nightmare. Described by his agent, Nina Wennerström, as "a happy, fun and spontaneous person, which is appreciated by the media, and with a charm and sincerity that the fans really like," Dimitrov is very much a believer in that same freedom of expression on the tennis court. It’s not hard to see why his style has been likened to that of the most successful player in the history of the game.
Obrazek "I’m me!" declares Dimitrov to DEUCE. "I think you have to present yourself the way you are and I think that’s what most matters to me. As long as I play my game, I play the way I feel, the way I want to express myself on court. I think the most important thing right now is to really come out on court and play the game, each match, the way I want to play the game and the way I’m meant to play it."

With Mouratoglou at the helm, a certain amount of discipline and tactical nous has been instilled, but it has been a long learning curve. What the Frenchman terms "impatience", Dimitrov describes as "boredom" – an affliction under control now, but which did sprout problems as a creative but inexperienced junior.

"Not nowadays, thank God, but when I was a junior I got bored quite often so I was always doing some absolutely weird shots," Dimitrov told Tennis Podcast. "I don't know why I was doing them, even now. But first of all, that's life, and secondly you don't play the same match twice, so it's kind of fun!

"Everything is up to you, everything is in yourself," is his philosophy. "It doesn't matter how many times you come into a match with [the coaching team] telling you, 'Hey, you've got to do this, you've got to do that.’ It's more up to you. I listen to my inner voice. If I want to do it, I'll do it, if not? Well... I think it's very important to improvise. Sometimes one of the weirdest things can be the winningest shot."

Under Mouratoglou, it would seem that Dimitrov is learning to harness that streak of genius. "I believe that all the top players have something special," says the coach. "He needs to feel the freedom to let his creativity speak. He is currently learning to know and discover himself through all the aspects of a tennis player. He has to be himself on court as much as possible, even though he sometimes makes mistakes, because it is the way to feel his difference and make a strength out of it."
"He needs to feel the freedom to let his creativity speak"

In the past 18 months, Bernard Tomic, Ryan Harrison, Milos Raonic and Alexandr Dolgopolov have dominated the headlines as youngsters who have made their respective breakthroughs on the ATP World Tour. With his South African Airways ATP Ranking hovering between 50 and 80, Dimitrov had begun to slide off the radar somewhat. But 2012 has seen the 6’2’’ right-hander mature, understand his game and play to his strengths. The results followed swiftly.

At the AEGON Championships he reached his first ATP World Tour semi-final with victory over World No. 30 Kevin Anderson. It was a result that brought tears to his eyes and the celebratory hugs from his father and girlfriend, both sitting courtside. He would lose to David Nalbandian the following day, but key lessons had been learned from his four victories that week.

"When you go up with the big guys you realise that everyone is trying hard, everyone is playing well, everyone is going for their thing," he explains. "You have to present yourself the way you are and understand yourself better, so that every time you go out you can do better. [The AEGON Championships] was a great moment for me, especially on grass and especially at Queen’s; it’s one of my favourite tournaments.

"I played a few grass-court players and it took a lot out of me to beat some of them. I was very happy with it. Reaching my first semi-final was a great moment for me. No-one will give you the match. I knew that a long time ago, but when you participate in tournaments for the whole week you see how everyone is."
Obrazek It proved to be the catalyst for Dimitrov. On the European clay-courts after Wimbledon, where he had been forced to retire ill against Marcos Baghdatis in the second round, he reached back-to-back semi-finals at the SkiStar Swedish Open in Bastad (l. to Ferrer) and the Crédit Agricole Suisse Open Gstaad (l. to Bellucci), propelling his ranking ever closer to the as-yet-impenetrable Top 50.

Looking over his shoulder, World No. 1 Federer has been quick to praise the rise of the latest crop of players on the ATP World Tour, but also to sympathise with their growing pains. "Anything is possible, right?" remarks the Swiss. "They could all be No. 1 in the world at one point or they could never be in the Top 5. We don't know right now. Eventually you feel like you're going to break through, and then it can be frustrating.

"I went through the same thing. The important thing is to just keep on working hard and not get too frustrated by the whole travelling and losing early and just spending time on the practice courts. I'm sure they'll learn and they'll be great players in the future."

"In the younger generation I think everyone is ahead right now," comments Dimitrov. "First of all, I’m very happy for them. Hopefully one day we all can compete for the same thing. From person to person, some go a bit quicker, other people take their time. You’ve just got to do what you’ve got to do, give it your best every day and see where you are."
"Grigor doesn't have a limited potential"

If he had previously trailed behind his contemporaries, it is not something that has concerned Mouratoglou, who shares Dimitrov’s view that each player must develop at his own pace.

"I think that if Grigor did not break into the Top 50 these past few years, it just means that he was not ready," says Mouratoglou. "He rose in the rankings quite fast, but obviously, some pieces were missing to keep on moving forward. I believe that he is now developing as a complete player who will be solid and able to keep on rising in the next years.

"Grigor doesn't have a limited potential. He wants to succeed and it is all about work and development in the next three years. If he keeps his motivation and will to make it, I am sure that he will achieve great successes in this sport."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- ... itrov.aspx
Joao

Re: Tenisowe filmiki, reklamy, kompilacje itp

Post autor: Joao »

Joao

Joao

Joao