Novak Djoković

Profile aktywnych graczy ATP Tour.
sheva

Re: Novak Djoković

Post autor: sheva »

Djokovic tłumaczy, co zmienił w swojej grze

- Novak Djokovic wskoczył na wyższy poziom - tak postawę triumfatora US Open tuż po finałowym meczu ocenił Mats Wilander. - Myślę, że to dopiero początek. On najwyraźniej złapał odpowiednią falę i nic nie wskazuje na to, by fala ta miała się skończyć. On jest tak dobry - komplementował Nole'a Szwed.

W poniedziałek 24-letni Serb sięgnął po trzeci wielkoszlemowy tytuł w tym roku. Numer jeden światowego tenisa pokonał w finale Rafaela Nadala 6:2, 6:4, 6:7, 6:1, udowadniając, że dominacja Nadala i Federera w męskim tenisie to już przeszłość.

- W ostatnim czasie największe zmiany zaszły w mojej głowie - przyznał otwarcie Djokovic. - W ostatnich kilku latach moja gra prawie się nie zmieniła. Większość moich uderzeń jest taka sama, jak przedtem. Zmieniło się za to podejście do gry. Staram się grać agresywniej. Inaczej rozgrywać półfinały i finał największych imprez - dodał.

Nowego Djokovicia mogliśmy zobaczyć w półfinałowym meczu z Federerem. Przy dwóch piłkach meczowych Szwajcara Serb postanowił z maksymalnym ryzykiem zagrać forhendowy return. Atomowe uderzenie Nole'a trafiło w linię, sprawiając, że pewność siebie umknęła gdzieś Rogerowi.

- Wcześniej czekałem na błędy rywali. Moje nastawienie nie było wystarczająco pozytywne. Nie wierzyłem, że mogę wygrywać - wyjaśnił Novak.

W poniedziałkowym finale mimo kilku dolegliwości odwaga i determinacja nie opuściły Serba ani na chwilę.

- Miałem problem z żebrami i bolącymi plecami. Łapały mnie również skurcze w nodze. Największy ból odczuwałem przy serwowaniu. Koncentrowałem się bardziej na precyzji niż na sile. W późniejszej fazie meczu starałem się skracać punkty. Nadal był w lepszej dyspozycji fizycznej - wyjawił Djokovic.

Komplementów pod adresem swojego rywala nie szczędził również Nadal.

- W tym sezonie Novak spisuje się znakomicie. Jego tenis się na naprawdę wysokim poziomie. Jestem zawiedziony porażką, ale ten człowiek dokonywał niewiarygodnych rzeczy. To, co osiągnął w tym roku najprawdopodobniej nie będzie możliwe do powtórzenia - zakończył Rafa.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/us-open-5 ... tory.shtml
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
Art

Post autor: Art »

Novak the Wall

Obrazek

Most kids learn to play tennis by hitting against a wall. Maybe it’s a garage door or a fence in an alleyway.

On Monday night, Rafael Nadal must have flashed back to his childhood, batting a tennis ball against a stone wall on the ancient Mediterranean island of Mallorca.

For the sixth time in a final this year, Nadal ran into an impenetrable stone wall. Novak Djokovic, the Serb who supplanted Nadal at No. 1 and, like the Spaniard last year, won three of four Grand Slam titles, refused to give ground.

Throughout an intensely physical, 4-hour, 10-minute final, Djokovic was unyielding. His all-but-invincible tennis smothered the court and his Spanish opponent.

Nadal served, and returns were smacked back at his feet. Nadal hit wide to the corners, and the ball came back deeper and harder. Djokovic’s maddening consistency and muscular efficiency kept the Spaniard, a 10-time major winner, at bay until the third set, when only Nadal’s astonishing will kept him in the match.

The Serb’s relentless game is air-tight, but his head is just as impregnable.

It’s often said that tennis is played as much between the ears as it is between the lines. And not coincidentally, that’s the space—Nadal’s head—that Djokovic has stubbornly occupied all year.

Tennis is forehands and backhands, serves and returns, but it’s the psychological makeup of the game, even more than the strict matchup of styles and strategies, that defines the minute differences among the game’s elites.

And that’s where Djokovic’s dominance has been most resolute. Through nine months, nothing has dented his ability to apply and withstand pressure.

The Mallorcan, no stranger to holding a psychological advantage over even the likes of Roger Federer, has admitted that "Djokovic is in his head.” After six unsuccessful tries to defeat Djokovic, Nadal must feel as helpless as a child trying to beat a wall.

Since reaching the final last year and falling to Nadal, the Serb has dramatically improved his game and conditioning. Once beset by breathing and stamina issues, he is in spectacular shape after adopting a gluten-free diet and spending free time in an oxygen-boosting pod. His serve is wholly reformed; he turns defense into offense as well as Federer; and he changes direction of the ball better than perhaps anyone who’s played the game.

Djokovic has zero weaknesses. He doesn’t miss. And he simply believes he can do no wrong.

The 2011 US Open was the first major in which Djokovic carried the pressure firmly on his shoulders. After winning the Australian Open and Wimbledon, as well as five Master’s series titles, and losing just twice all year, he was expected to win the US Open.

It’s a new type of pressure, living up to expectations and an entire field gunning for you. Federer and Nadal know that pressure well.

Now it’s Novak Djokovic’s turn. And he’s thriving in it.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articl ... promo=home
ginny

Post autor: ginny »

Daring Djokovic wins first US Open and chases history

Obrazek

Historic seasons are usually hard to come by, but not as much in the last decade. However, Novak Djokovic's run to his first US Open title in a year when he also won the Australian Open again and grabbed his first Wimbledon crown is right up there with John McEnroe's incredible 1984 season, Roger Federer's whirlwind 2004-07 seasons (the Swiss won three Slams in 2004, 2006 and 2007) and slightly better than the three-Slam 2010 season put together by the man he vanquished, 6-2, 6-4, 6-7, 6-1, in the 2011 final, Rafael Nadal.

While it may have appeared going into the final that Djokovic had Nadal's number so firmly tucked in his pocket that year that it would be a routine victory, that was never going to be the case, as the defending champion is one of the most committed fighters of the Open Era, and despite losing to the Serbian in five finals entering the US Open finale, he promised to engage in a battle.

He did so in four hours and 10 minutes, but in the end, Djokovic's much-improved skill set won the day, as Nadal just could not find a way to push through him and win enough offensive rallies. Even though the Spaniard stood incredibly tall at the end of the third set and looked like he might be able to outlast Djokovic in five sets, the Serbian didn't waver in the fourth and hit right through him.

While there have been occasions in history when a man who has won three Grand Slams in the prior year has been overtaken by another great player in the succeeding year (think Nadal passing Federer in 2008, when he won two Slams and the Olympic gold medal), it's hard to find an instance when a 24-year-old took down a 25-year-old on six successive occasions in a season, let alone at the same time besting another player, 16-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer, who is considered by many to be the greatest ever, on four occasions and in two Grand Slam semis -- the Aussie Open and the US Open.

What is particularity unique about Djokovic is that it took him three years from when he won his first Grand Slam at the 2008 Aussie Open to win his second at the 2011 Aussie Open, and he then was able to all but run the table at the majors, with his sole loss coming to Federer in the 2011 Roland Garros semis. He would talk endlessly about attempting to end the Federer-Nadal dual-opoly, but until the start of this season, he had consistently fallen at the tail end of the Slams. Take last year's US Open, when like this year, he amazingly fought off two match points against Federer in the semifinals. He had tremendous momentum going into the final, but Nadal flat out exhausted him in the final.

But this season, he put aside a number of personal distractions that were affecting him on court, changed his diet, began to believe more in his offense and stopped hoping that his opponents would err at crunch time and took it to them.

Consequently, in 2011, he has lapped two men, Federer and Nadal, who are almost surely amongst the top five greatest players ever. He managed to find a way to nullify the Swiss' never-ending variety of shots and throw enough roundhouse blows at the ultimate body-puncher Nadal to knock him out again and again.

The Spaniard does not see radical differences in his game but important ones.

“He's having less mistakes than before,” Nadal said. “He's enough confident in every moment to keep believing in one more ball, one more ball. So that's why. I think his forehand is not more painful than before; his backhand is not more painful than before; he serve the same. Don't know if he's bringing tennis to another level. For sure this season he's doing fantastic. His level is really, really high. But when one very good player stays with that confidence and winning so many matches, and the matches you have a big chance to lose you keep winning, the season is probably impossible to repeat. His level for sure is fantastic. He's doing very well mentally, everything.”

Had he fallen at the US Open to either Federer or Nadal, the view of Djokovic's season would have changed, for despite his excellent match record, plenty of notable men have won two Slams in a year. But not many have won three. So now a humorous prankster from small Serbia has joined an elite club of greats.

He's 64-2 on the year and has won 10 titles. McEnroe ended 1984 with an 82-3 record, which is still the best mark in the history of the Open Era, but he did not compete in the Aussie Open and only won two Slams -- Wimbledon and the US Open. If Djokovic only drops another match the rest of the season, his mark will have to be considered superior. After his rousing performance in New York, he seems up to the task.

“I've had an amazing year,” Djokovic said, “and it keeps going.”
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articl ... promo=home
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

Trochę NYTimes'a:
Dominant Victory in Dominant Year

Obrazek

Forecasting nobility in sports is tougher than predicting the weather, which mercifully held Monday at the sodden United States Open for the final between Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.

After Nadal defeated Djokovic in four sets a year ago to complete a career Grand Slam, a debate raged about whether Nadal or Roger Federer, the 16-time major champion, deserved to lead the greatest-player-of-all-time conversation.

This year the talk has turned like pages in a history book to a discussion of whether Djokovic is in the midst of the all-time greatest season. It is an argument the top-ranked Djokovic ended with the authority of an overhead smash winner by dethroning Nadal, 6-2, 6-4, 6-7 (3), 6-1.

“Maybe it is the best match I played this year,” Djokovic said. “I stepped on the court believing I could win. I didn’t give him any comfort. I didn’t give him any room.”

Djokovic extended his match record for the year to 64-2 and secured his fourth career major title and his third of 2011. It was his sixth victory — all in finals — this year against Nadal, the No. 2 seed, who told him during the awards ceremony: “What you did this year is probably impossible to repeat. So well done.”

When they last met, in the Wimbledon final, Nadal was beaten, 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3, and sounded utterly defeated afterward, as if Djokovic had made off with his confidence along with his crown.

“I go back to Spain more happy today than after the Wimbledon final,” Nadal said, “because after here I think I am on the right way to try to beat him. After Wimbledon, I didn’t feel that.”

The match at Arthur Ashe Stadium lasted 4 hours 10 minutes, which was not too tough a trial for the 24-year-old Djokovic. He spent four years honing his patience while stuck at No. 3 in the world behind Nadal and Federer — not always in that order. Djokovic’s hard-won forbearance was an asset on a night that featured one 17-minute game, a few 30-stroke rallies and numerous displays of can-you-top-this shot-making.

There were 17 breaks of service, including 11 by Djokovic, an astonishing statistic given that Nadal was broken only five times during the 2010 tournament. Nadal’s serve was not the dagger it was last year, but Djokovic returns so well, the racket is like a shield in his hands. On Monday it kept him from getting hurt by Nadal’s serve.

That’s not to say he wasn’t hurting. Before the fourth set, Djokovic was facedown on the court receiving medical treatment for a strained muscle in his back. Forty-two minutes later, after striking the last of his 20 forehand winners on his first championship point, he ended up faceup on the court, howling at the full moon.

In his postmatch news conference, Nadal was asked if fatigue was a factor in the outcome (he had one less day of rest in the final weekend than Djokovic). He was asked if the six-minute injury timeout that Djokovic took threw him off his rhythm.

“We are starting the press conference in a bad way, I think,” he said with a smile. “Let’s talk about the match. It’s not the right moment to find excuses if he stops the match or if I was tired. I fought until the last point. I tried my best in every moment.” He added, “But in general, I think he did great, no?”

Men’s tennis is top-heavy right now, which is what makes it so attractive. Federer’s brilliance in 2005-6, when he was 173-9, compelled Nadal to keep improving, and when Nadal elevated his game, it stimulated Djokovic to upgrade his.

After his 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2 loss to Nadal last year, Djokovic said: “He’s getting better each time you play him. He’s so mentally strong and dedicated to this sport. He has all the capabilities, everything he needs, in order to be the biggest ever.”

It’s not a coincidence his opponents are saying much the same thing about Djokovic in 2011. He has improved his fitness and conditioning, enabling him to chase down everything, it seems, but the setting sun. He has shored up his forehand, and seen his self-belief soar.

The anything-you-can-do-I-will-aim-to-do-better mind-set of the top three players has elevated the games of those like Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Mardy Fish who are in hot pursuit.

“Djokovic didn’t arrive this year, no?” Nadal said, adding: “For me is a little bit strange about the people here from tennis talks about Djokovic, about his big new improvement. Djokovic was here before, no? Djokovic played fantastic before. He had fantastic potential to be where he is today.”

Of all the improvements in Djokovic’s game, his unflappability stands out. In 2008, he played Andy Roddick in an Open quarterfinal and allowed the partisan crowd to burrow under his skin.

On Monday, fans were calling balls “out” during points and Djokovic didn’t come unglued. He kept his composure in the third set when he was down by 3-4 and 30-40 on his serve and faulted on his first attempt. Fans rooting for a longer match responded with lusty cheers, but Djokovic remained stone-faced.

He left it to the chair umpire Carlos Ramos to gently admonish the crowd, then put his second serve into play and hit a backhand winner on the 30th stroke on his way to a hold.

In the first two sets, Nadal looked like someone climbing a very steep mountain who kept losing his toehold. Nadal jumped out to 2-0 leads only to have Djokovic come storming back on the strength of his penetrating ground strokes. In the end, Djokovic had too much firepower, too much confidence.

“He’s enough confident in every moment to keep believing in one more ball, one more ball,” Nadal said, adding: “His level, for sure, is fantastic. He’s doing very well mentally everything. So just accept that. Accept the challenge and work.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/sport ... ref=tennis
MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
sheva

Nikt nie zarobił na korcie tyle, ile Djoko w tym roku!

Obrazek

Rekordowy sezon z bilansem 64-2 (zwycięstwa-porażki) pozwolił Novakowi Djokoviciowi zgarnąć rekordowe pieniądze. Serb jest w tym momencie na samym szczycie. Ma nieograniczone możliwości i zapowiada, że to dopiero początek.

Trzecie zwycięstwo w Wielkim Szlemie w tym roku wywindowało zarobki Djokovicia (z samych turniejów) do zawrotnej sumy 10.609.318 dolarów (12 turniejów). Nikt jeszcze tyle nie zarobił w jednym sezonie, jak podaje federacja ATP. Tylko dwóch tenisistów zgarnęło podobne pieniądze. Rafael Nadal w 2010 (10.171.998 dol, 17 turniejów ) i Roger Federer w 2007 roku (10.130.620, 16 turniejów).

Serbski numer 1 wywiózł z Nowego Jorku czek w wysokości 2,3 mln. dolarów - za zwycięstwo w ostatnim wielkoszlemowym turnieju w tym roku, plus 500-tysięczny bonus za najlepszy wynik w U.S. Open Series Standings, który zlicza wyniki z turniejów przygotowujących do US Open.

Zaraz po zwycięstwie na nowojorskich kortach Novak Djoković imprezował do białego rana, a dzień później spotkał się z dziennikarzami symbolicznie na szczycie Empire State Bulding. Wyglądał na wykończonego - jak donosi "Daily Telegraph". - Zdecydowanie był wczoraj gluten - Djoković zażartował, nawiązując do swojej diety bezglutenowej i oczywiście do imprezy z okazji zwycięstwa. Cztery godziny po pasjonującym meczu nastąpiły cztery godziny zabawy i mniej niż cztery godziny snu.

- Nie czuję się świeżo w tym momencie - przyznał Djoko. - Ale z dobrego powodu. To był dla mnie niesamowity turniej, zwłaszcza finał. Gdy wygrywasz, jesteś najszczęśliwszy. Nasi przyjaciele zorganizowali małe przyjęcie w hotelu w dzielnicy Soho. Zebraliśmy ludzi, których znamy, podkręciliśmy muzykę i mieliśmy miły wieczór - wyjaśnił Djoković, któremu towarzyszyła przyszła żona Jelena Ristić.

O 6:45 "Djoker" był już gotowy do serii telewizyjnych wywiadów dla amerykańskich telewizji śniadaniowych. - Tak, to był długi poranek. Nie jestem rannym ptaszkiem - żartował.

Co dalej?

- Nie jestem Chrisem Angelem - stwierdził Djoković mając na myśli iluzjonistę z Las Vegas, którego głównym numerem jest chodzenie po wodzie. - Ale któregoś dnia mogę spróbować - śmiał się.

Widać od razu, dlaczego Djoković jest rozchwytywanty przez hollywoodzkich agentów i otrzymał już kilka filmowych ofert. Jest naturalnie ekspresyjny, niezależnie od uderzania w klatkę po odprawieniu Federera albo wznoszeniu w górę pięści w geście radości. Po zwycięstwie w trzech wielkoszlemowych turniejach w tym roku, coraz głośniej mówi się o tym, czy byłby w stanie zwyciężyć w czterech w kolejnym sezonie. Nie udało się to nikomu od czasów Roda Lavera w 1969 roku.

- Jest dużo do udowodnienia, sporo turniejów więcej do wygrania. Tak długo, jak będę miał pragnienie i przeczucie, że mogę wygrać każdy mecz, w którym gram, zawsze będę mieć najwyższe ambicje. Myślę, że udowodniłem to w tym finale, że mam możliwości równej gry na różnych nawierzchniach. To nastawienie i wiara w siebie zaprowadziła mnie do tego miejsca. Muszę tak trzymać - wyjaśnił.

Trudny moment

W czasie finału z Nadalem Djoković odczuł trudny moment. - Mówiąc szczerze, miałem wątpliwości. Fizycznie nie czułem się najlepiej. Nie byłem świeży, miałem problemy. Mięśnie pomiędzy żebrami były napięte i musiałem wziąć masaż. Rafa był lepiej przygotowany ode mnie, czuł, że może coś zrobić. To był jego moment, żeby chwycić szansę. Ale ja zacząłem szukać precyzji w serwie niż prędkości.

Serb od marca i turnieju Indian Wells nieprzerwanie wygrywał z Nadalem. Czy ma to wpływ na jego grę? - Czuję, ze mam psychologiczną przewagę. Gdy grasz te wspomnienia wracają i pomagają nabrać pewności, żeby robić to, co się sprawdziło.

Co ciekawe, Nadal z Djokoviciem są szóstą najczęściej wpadającą na siebie parą rywali w cyklu od czasu ery Open. Spotykali się 29-krotnie. 16:13 prowadzi Hiszpan. Liderem rankingu jest para Ivan Lendl - Joe McEnroe. Lendl wygrał 21:15.

Wygrywanie to przeznaczenie

- Marzeniem mojego życia było to, by być najlepszym. Taki miałem cel w głowie. Wielokrotnie podczas swojej kariery krytykowano mnie za agresywne podejście, za bycie nierealistycznym. Ja patrzyłem na to w inny sposób. Nigdy nie przestałem wierzyć, że mogę być najlepszy, ponieważ wiedziałem, że mam umiejętności.

- Gdy wygrałem pierwszego szlema w Australii w 2008 roku, to był moment, kiedy wzniosłem się na kolejny poziom. Zobaczyłem, że do tam przynależę. Jeśli dzieciak ma marzenie, nic nie jest go w stanie powstrzymać - podsumował Novak Djoković.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/us-open-5 ... tory.shtml

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Djokovic Embarks On New York Media Blitz

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic’s work rate during a Tuesday media blitz in New York City came close to matching his output on court Monday when he defeated Rafael Nadal in a grueling four-set US Open final.

Djokovic, who won his third Grand Slam title of the season, began his day hitting the morning shows, CBS’ Early Show and NBC’s Today before an interview on ABC’s Regis and Kelly. Djokovic also journeyed to the top of the Empire State Building for a photo shoot before sitting down for a round-table interview with the New York Times, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal and the Associated Press. He also appeared on Jimmy Fallon.
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/930 ... 6CE1A.ashx
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
ginny

Awatar użytkownika
Alan

Post autor: Alan »

Novak Đoković: Dzisiejszego wieczoru będzie trochę glutenu oraz alkoholu

ObrazekObrazek

Novak Đoković zwyciężył w międzynarodowych mistrzostwach Stanów Zjednoczonych. Najlepszy aktualnie tenisista globu zdobył swoje czwarte w karierze wielkoszlemowe trofeum. - Bardzo chciałbym skompletować Wielkiego Szlema, ale do tego potrzeba mi jeszcze trochę czasu - wyznał Đoković.
24-letni Đoković zrewanżował się w poniedziałek Rafaelowi Nadalowi za ubiegłoroczną porażkę w finale zawodów na Flushing Meadows. Serbski tenisista odniósł już w obecnym sezonie szóste zwycięstwo nad Hiszpanem. - Mój poprzedni występ w Nowym Jorku był z pewnością jednym z punktów zwrotnych w mojej karierze, bo pozwolił mi uwierzyć we własne siły. Jeszcze niedawno w spotkaniach z Rafą czy Rogerem czekałem po prostu na ich błędy, jakby nie wierząc w możliwość ich pokonania - wyznał Đoković.

Zapytany o możliwość wywalczenia Wielkiego Szlema reprezentant Serbii odpowiedział bez namysłu: - W dalszym ciągu chcę zdobywać kolejne trofea, również te wielkoszlemowe. Kieruje mną wielka miłość do sportu i duża chęć odnoszenia kolejnych zwycięstw. Dopóki te uczucie będzie mi towarzyszyło, to z pewnością będę się starał o kolejne tytuły.

Na konferencji prasowej nie mogło zabraknąć również pytań o stosowaną przez lidera światowego rankingu dietę, która również przyczyniła się do sukcesów serbskiego tenisisty. - Dzień przed meczem jadłem przede wszystkim bezglutenowe posiłki, głównie ryż, ale dzisiejszego wieczoru będzie trochę glutenu oraz alkoholu - stwierdził Đoković.

Reprezentant Serbii nie będzie miał jednak zbyt dużo czasu na świętowanie, bo zaraz po powrocie do ojczyzny weźmie udział w spotkaniu Pucharu Davisa przeciwko Argentynie. - Uważam, że reprezentacja Serbii świetnie by sobie poradziła również beze mnie. Kwestie te uzgodnimy jeszcze po moim powrocie do kraju - zakończył Đoković.
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ ... lutenu-or/
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Djokovic vague on Davis Cup plans

Obrazek

Djokovic vague on Davis Cup plans Drained but satisfied US Open winner Novak Djokovic seems to be keeping his options open until the last minute regarding his ability to play in the weekend Davis Cup World Group semi-finals as champion Serbia host Argentina.

The No. 1 who beat Rafael Nadal in a dramatic four-set final, was vague about his immediately plans. "I have many commitments in Serbia," Djokovic said before leaving New York, "I will think about recovering the most and enjoying the victory and what I have done so far; Davis Cup comes in couple of days.

"But I'm going to be on the team anyway. So we'll see," he said, seeming to leave details of his participation open to interpretation.

While he makes sure his body is ready for more tennis after winning all but two of his matches this season, Djokovic is naturally full of confidence about carrying on with the season of his life.

"I don't believe anybody is invincible," he said. "The (small) amount of matches that I lost this year is just incredible. Positive attitude is actually something that keeps you on top of your game.

"When I won (43 straight wins until losing to Roger Federer in the French Open semis) in the opening two, three months of the year, everybody was wondering when the streak will end.

"I was trying not to pay attention on that. I was trying to really take one match at a time, keep things very simple, and, you know, believe that this streak can go forever. But I knew it's not going to go forever."
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 ... _Cup_plans
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Novak 2011: "najbogatszy" sezon w historii.

Nole przekroczył w tym roku kwotę ponad 10,5 miliona dolarów, jaki 'podniósł' z kortu. Nikt nigdy wcześniej nie zarobił takiej sumy pieniędzy na oficjalnych premiach za uzyskiwane wyniki.

1. Novak Djokovic (2011) - $10,609,318 - 12 turniejowych startów
2. Rafael Nadal (2010) - $10,171,998 - 17
3. Roger Federer (2007) - $10,130,620 - 16.

Serb jest także pierwszym od czasów Jima Couriera (1992) zawodnikiem, który wygrał imprezę wielkoszlemową, po raz pierwszy grając w niej jako #1 z rozstawienia.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Kiedy się kończy "okres pochwalny" Djokovicia? Już 3 dni minęły od finału! :P
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

robpal pisze:Kiedy się kończy "okres pochwalny" Djokovicia? Już 3 dni minęły od finału! :P
Jak w necie przestaną o nim pisać i wygrzebywać rozmaite statystyki z nim w roli głównej. :D
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Jeszcze jego ślub trzeba przetrwać :/
Awatar użytkownika
Shinoda

Post autor: Shinoda »

Ok, to łap! :D
US Open - Murray to be Djokovic's best man

Obrazek

British number one Andy Murray is to be best man at the wedding of Novak Djokovic when the Serb gets married next month.

Local media in both Serbia and Scotland reported that the Scot will be stood next to Djokovic when he weds Jelena Ristic in Kosovo in October.

The world number one's fiancee - who has been his on-and-off girlfriend for five years - is rarely seen at tennis tournaments, instead spending most of her time at the home she shares with Djokovic in Monaco, where she is studying for a masters degree.

As for Djokovic and Murray, their fierce on-court rivalry belies the fact that they have been friends ever since they started facing each other regularly in junior tournaments at the age of 12.

Murray won that first match with ease, but since then Djokovic has gone on to have the greater success.

They still practice and socialise together regularly, even though Djokovic admitted earlier this year that it is difficult to remain friends while being rivals: "The reality is none of us can be real mates while we are fighting for history," he said.

"But one day, when we've all retired, I look forward to sitting down over a beer with them all, and their families, and remember what we went through."

Eurosport
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02092011/ ... t-man.html
2003 US Open
Awatar użytkownika
Nadalito

Post autor: Nadalito »

Wywiad z Marjanem Vajdą, trenerem Novaka Djokovicia:

Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Fajny gif z dotychczasowym dorobkiem Nole w 2011 roku:

Obrazek
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

PD: 3 porażka w sezonie.

Novak poddał dziś mecz przeciwko Juanowi Martinowi del Potro. Serbski gwiazdor przegrał tym samym 3 oficjalny mecz w tym roku, po raz drugi zszedł przedwcześnie z kortu.

Djoković wciąż ma bajeczny bilans gier w 2011: 64-3.
Djokovic no superman as Davis Cup ends in injury tears

Obrazek

Djokovic no superman as Davis Cup ends in injury tears The charmed tennis season of Serb Novak Djokovic may make a turn towards reality after the world No. 1 was forced to quit a Davis Cup match at the weekend as nation lost for the first time in their history at the Belgrade arena.

The 66-2 player with ten titles in 2011, including three of the four Grand Slams, rolled his ankle in the second set after 90 minutes against Juan Del Potro as Serbia took the semi-final loss. The capitulation sends three-times tournament finalist Argentina into the December 1-3 final to face Spain.

Djokovic, exhausted from his miracle season and especially tired after winning the US Open on Monday night over Nadal, rolled his ankle and had to be helped in tears to the team bench,where he gave away the match and the chance for Serbia to move ahead.

"I feel very disappointed to end the tie in this way, I tried although I was only 60 percent fit and I got into the match knowing there was a risk of aggravating the injury which I first felt at the U.S. Open," said Djokovic, who may now get some welcome rest after his winning efforts so far in 2011.

"We knew my condition was not good but we believed that even so I would have a better chance against Del Potro than my teammate Viktor Troicki would, at the end of the day it was my decision and it backfired.”

"I am not saying I would have won if I had been 100 percent fit because Del Potro played at a very high level today and never in my professional career did I struggle with my return of serve as I did today.”

"The important thing now is to determine the extent of my injury and how long it will take me to recover, I was able to battle through the pain in the U.S. Open final but not today."
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 ... jury_tears
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
sheva

Dlaczego Djoković poddał mecz z Del Potro?

Obrazek

Najlepszy tenisista świata po raz kolejny w tym sezonie doznał kontuzji. Z powodu urazu barku Novak Djoković musiał poddać pojedynek z Juanem Martinem Del Potro podczas niedzielnego spotkania w Pucharze Davisa. - Nie chciałem pogłębiać urazu - przyznał Nole. Serbia uległa Argentynie 2:3.

To był czwarty mecz w tej rywalizacji. Djoković nie był w stanie grać przy stanie 6:7 (7), 0:3. Ta porażka oznaczała, że Serbia nie obroni pucharu wywalczonego pod koniec zeszłego roku. Wtedy bowiem ekipa z Bałkanów przegrywała 1:3, co oznaczało, że ostatnie spotkanie nie będzie miało znaczenia.

Argentyna awansowała do finału w którym zmierzy się z Hiszpanią.

- Jestem bardzo rozczarowany, że tak zakończyłem ten mecz. Próbowałem, ale byłem sprawny tylko w 60 % i wiedziałem, że przystępując do walki mogę pogłębić uraz, który po raz pierwszy pojawił się podczas US Open.

- Wiedzieliśmy, że moja kondycja nie jest dobra, ale wierzyłem, że będę w stanie walczyć z Del Potro. Nie mówię, że wygrałbym z Martinem, gdybym był w 100 procentach zdrowy, bo on grał na bardzo wysokim poziomie i nigdy w karierze nie miałem takich problemów z returnem jak właśnie w niedzielę.

- Teraz ważne jest, aby określić jak poważna jest kontuzja i jak długo potrwa jej leczenie. Byłem w stanie walczyć z bólem podczas US Open, ale nie byłem w stanie w niedzielę. Ten występ był błędem - przyznał Nole dla którego była to trzecia porażka w sezonie, a druga z powodu urazu.

Del Potro wcześniej pokonał Janko Tipsarevicia. Teraz czekają go starcia z Rafaelem Nadalem.

- Smutno mi z powodu tego, co stało się Djoko, bo on ma znakomity sezon. Mam nadzieję, że dojdzie do siebie szybko - mówił Del Potro. - Novak musiał czuć się nieco zmęczony po powrocie z Nowego Jorku. Był wymagającym rywalem, ale ja byłem bardzo pewny siebie. Świetnie funkcjonował serwis i forehand. Jestem zachwycony, że jesteśmy w finale. Wiemy, że Hiszpanie będą faworytami, ale my łatwo się nie podamy - dodał Argentyńczyk.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/davis-cup ... tory.shtml

Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Djoković: Nie będę narażał zdrowia

Obrazek

Novak Djoković prawdopodobnie nie zagra w październikowych turniejach w Pekinie (ATP 500) i Szanghaju (ATP Masters 1000). - Pewne jest, że nie będę narażał zdrowia dla występu w jednym, czy dwóch turniejach - zaznaczył lider światowego rankingu, który w niedzielę poddał mecz z Juanem Martinem del Potro z powodu urazu pleców.

Powodem rezygnacji Serba z udziału w dwóch azjatyckich imprezach jest kontuzja pleców, której nabawił się już podczas US Open. Uraz dał o sobie znać także w spotkaniu z Juanem Martinem del Potro w ramach rozgrywek o Puchar Davisa. Djoković poddał mecz przy stanie 6:7(5) 0:3, przekreślając tym samym szanse Serbów na awans do finału. - Byłem sprawny tylko w 60% i miałem świadomość, że przystępując do walki mogę pogłębić uraz, który pojawił się podczas US Open - komentował po meczu.

Wiadomo już, że tenisista ma naderwany mięsień pleców. - Potrzebuję odpoczynku, ale ciężko jeszcze przewidzieć jak długo będę pauzował - przyznał Djoković na łamach serbskiego dziennika „Sportske Novosti”. Mówi się, że powrót do zdrowia zajmie mu od trzech do sześciu tygodni.

Serbski tenisista przyzwyczaił nas jednak do tego, że nigdy nie traci humoru. W rozmowie z dziennikiem "Blic" żartował, że prawdopodobnie uraz pogłębił się podczas oglądania finałowego meczu mistrzostw Europy siatkarzy, w którym Serbowie pokonali Włochów 3:1. - Gdy siatkarze zdobyli złoty medal, podskoczyłem tak wysoko, że kontuzja z pewnością się pogorszyła - komentował tenisista. - Jestem zachwycony, że serbski sport przeżywa najpiękniejsze chwile w swojej historii - dodał zwycięzca trzech tegorocznych turniejów wielkoszlemowych.

Jeżeli lider rankingu ATP rzeczywiście nie zagra w China Open i Shanghai Rolex Masters, straci trochę punktów w rankingu. W ubiegłych edycjach imprez radził sobie dobrze - w pierwszym okazał się najlepszy, a w drugim dotarł do półfinału. Za te występy do jego rankingowego dorobku dodano 860 punktów. Póki co, jego przewaga nad drugim Rafaelem Nadalem jest jednak bezpieczna i wynosi 4100 punktów.
Źródło: http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,64987,10320 ... rowia.html
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
ginny

Nole signs up with Mercedes

By signing a sponsorship deal with German Mercedes company, Novak became a new brand ambassador of the most famous car manufacturer in the world.

"I am glad that I became an ambassador of the world's leading automobile company. Through this cooperation, I will try to conceive many humanitarian activities at national and international level", said the number 1 tennis player of the world at the press conference in the Tennis Centre "Novak" in Dorcol.

The representative of Mercedes said that Serbia can be proud of an athlete such as Novak.

"Novak raised tennis to a higher level and of course he is the world's leading athlete in 2011", Binder said.

"With his personality and outstanding sports achievements Novak won the hearts of millions of people around the world", said Binder.

http://www.novakdjokovic.rs/news.php?ak ... 37&jezik=2
ODPOWIEDZ