Novak Djoković

Profile aktywnych graczy ATP Tour.
Joao

Re: Novak Djoković

Post autor: Joao »

W wyniku słabszej końcowki sezonu Djoković łącznie z Borgiem zajmuje 10. miejsce. jeśli chodzi o bilnas wygranych meczow w erze open.
1. McEnroe, John (USA) 82-3 96,5% (1984)
2. Connors, Jimmy (USA) 93-4 95,9 % (1974)
3. Federer, Roger (SUI) 81-4 95,3 % (2005)
4. Federer, Roger (SUI) 92-5 94,8 % (2006)
5. Borg, Bjorn (SWE) 84-6 93,3 % (1979)
6. Lendl, Ivan (TCH) 74-6 92,5 % (1986)
6. Federer, Roger (SUI) 74-6 92,5 % (2004)
8. Lendl, Ivan (TCH) 84-7 92,3 % (1985)
9. Lendl, Ivan (TCH) 106-9 92,2 % (1982)
10. Borg, Bjorn (SWE) 70-6 92,1 % (1980)
10. Novak Djoković (SRB) 70-6 92,1 % (2011)
Joao

Re: ATP World Tour Finals 2011

Novak jest dopiero drugim tenisistą od 1990 roku, który osiągnął ponad 90 % zwycięstw w sezonie. Nie dokonali tego Sampras, Agassi, nie zrobi tego Nadal. W latach 70. i 80. łatwiej było o dominację. 90 % przekraczali kilka razy: Connors, Lendl i Borg.

Jednak mniej udana druga część sezonu pozostawia pewien niesmak. Sezon Djokovicia klasyfikuję o jeden szczebel niżej od osiągnięć Federera z 2006.

Porówanjmy (Roger 2006 - Novak 2011):
Tytuły wielkoszlemowe: 3 - 3
Tytuły Masters-1000: 4 - 5
Zwycięstwo w WTF: 1 - 0
Bilans zwycięstw: 94,8 % - 92,1 %
Liczba tytułów: 12 - 10
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

TP WORLD TOUR FANTASY
Novak The Key To Fantasy Success

Obrazek
Tijana Krstic (centre) and her best friend, Marija Manić,
met Novak Djokovic four years ago at an exhibition match
in Belgrade.

It’s been another big season for Serbian tennis. Novak Djokovic won three Grand Slam titles and finished year-end World No. 1; Janko Tipsarevic made a striking impression when he entered the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals as an alternate; and now, Serbia’s Tijana Krstic is revealed as the winner of the 2011 ATP World Tour Draw Challenge Circuit.

In her first year playing the Draw Challenge, Tijana finished first out of 30,515 people to win a VIP trip for two to the 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals at London’s O2 Arena.

"I knew that I had a chance to win long before [the end of the season]," explained Tijana. "I was in fourth place after the Rome Masters 1000, but I couldn't reduce the difference in points until the Paris Draw Challenge. I put [Roger] Federer to win the tournament, while others ahead of me put Andy Murray. I knew I had won the Challenge after Federer got into the final.

"I have never been before, so I'm very excited about the prize because it is a dream-come-true. I always wanted to see a big match."

Tijana will take her best friend and roommate, Marija Manić, to London with her, after crediting her friend with both alerting her to the Challenge, and giving her valuable advice throughout the season. Both are huge Djokovic fans, and it is the World No. 1’s success this season that Tijana believes was the key to her own victory.

"I always put Djoković as winner when he played the tournament, and I'm sure that if he didn't perform so good this year, I wouldn't have won this Challenge," she declared, before further elaborating on her tactics. "For first and second-round picks I studied the head-to-heads, and for other matches I guessed. I follow tennis and I knew all the players’ current form. That was my criteria for picking."

A keen tennis fan, Tijana has attended the Serbia Open for the past two years and witnessed all her nation’s home Davis Cup ties. She was also one of the 100,000 people who turned out in Belgrade to welcome home Djokovic after his Wimbledon success.

"Here in Serbia, we have a tradition of waiting for all the athletes after winning big competitions, but none of the athletes or teams have ever been greeted by so many people," she recalled. "That was one of the nights that everyone will remember for life, and especially Novak, I think.

"He has done a lot for Serbia. As well as being the best player we ever had, he is a great man. He is kind with fans, always ready for jokes," explained Tijana, who had the opportunity to meet Djokovic four years ago at an exhibition match in Belgrade. "He helps people with problems by giving money to charity. And of course, he is great showman. Every time I watch him on TV, I am proud that we have such a man in our country."

The Draw Challenge returns in 2012 at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, with the opportunity to win more great prizes.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... inner.aspx
MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Novak Djokovic confident of carrying on good form into 2012

Obrazek

BBC Sport at the O2 Arena Novak Djokovic with the Wimbledon trophy Djokovic won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open in 2011

One of the greatest individual seasons in tennis history came to an end on Friday as Novak Djokovic was eliminated from the ATP World Tour Finals.

Djokovic's defeat by Janko Tipsarevic, coupled with Tomas Berdych's victory over David Ferrer, meant the 24-year-old Serb could not reach the semi-finals.

However, he ends the year in possession of the number one ranking, three of the four Grand Slam titles and a 70-6 win-loss record.

"I had an unbelievable year," said Djokovic. "Nothing can ruin that. I will always remember this year as the best of my life."

Djokovic started 2011 by lifting his second Australian Open crown with victory over British number one Andy Murray and remained unbeaten until he fell to Roger Federer in the French Open semi-finals.

It ended his winning run at 43 matches dating back to Serbia's triumph in the 2010 Davis Cup final, and 41 for the year.

He was one victory short of equalling John McEnroe's best ever start to a year of 42 wins, and three behind Guillermo Vilas's all-time record run of 46 matches.

Djokovic recovered to win Wimbledon, becoming world number one for the first time, and then triumphed in the US Open.

He beat 10-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal in both finals and ended the campaign with 10 titles.

"He won everything a person can win," said fellow-Serb Tipsarevic. "He had the best season in the history of the sport."

After the US Open, Djokovic was troubled by back, abdominal and shoulder injuries, playing only eight matches between Flushing Meadows and the year-end championship at London's O2 Arena.

He scraped through his opening group match against Berdych before losing to Ferrer and Tipsarevic.

"My body says that it's overload," stated Djokovic. "It's been too much this year. Mentally I feel a little bit drained.

"I just don't have the freshness in my mind for the matches and I don't have the dynamics that I had in all 10 months of the year.

"But this is something to be expected after the year I had and now I just want to prepare well for 2012."

Djokovic will take some time off before beginning his preparations for 2012, with his first goal the Australian Open from 16-29 January.

"I will have a couple of weeks' rest and preparation," he added.

"I'm playing a couple of exhibition matches in Abu Dhabi and maybe some in Australia, then getting ready for Melbourne.

"I think I have more than enough time to get my old strength back and prepare well. So I'm sure that if I have as good preparation as I had last year, I'm confident I can do well in Australia."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/15902284.stm
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
Awatar użytkownika
Barty
Administrator

Post autor: Barty »

Djokovic Among GQ's Men Of The Year

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic was named Ace of the Year
in the GQ 2011 Men of the Year list.

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has been named Ace of the Year in GQ’s 2011 Men of the Year list. GQ is the leading men’s general-interest magazine, with a monthly readership of 6.6 million readers.

The Serb, who is recognised in the December issue of the magazine, is joined on the exclusive list by the likes of Jay-Z (King of the Year), Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake (Showmen of the Year) and Gary Oldman (Icon of the Year).

To read the GQ feature on Djokovic and see a behind-the-scenes video of his photo shoot, click here.

Below is a complete list of the 2011 Men of the Year:

Jay-Z – King of the Year
Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake – Showmen of the Year
Michael Fassbender – Breakout of the Year
Mila Kunis – Knockout of the Year
Cast of Breaking Bad – Badasses of the Year
Steve Carell – Ham of the Year
Kyle Chandler – Coach of the Year
Louis C.K. – Comic Genius of the Year
Peter Dinklage – Stud of the Year
Novak Djokovic – Ace of the Year
David Kinch – Chef of the Year
Frank Ocean – Rookie of the Year
Gary Oldman – Icon of the Year
Trey Parker & Matt Stone - Theater Geeks of the Year
Oscar Pistorius – Superhuman of the Year
Derrick Rose – MVP of the Year
Michael Shannon – Fanatic of the Year
Kristen Wiig – Bro of the Year
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -List.aspx
Tytuły (27):
2023: Wiedeń 2022: Miami, Astana, Bazylea, WTF Turyn 2021: Monte Carlo, Madryt, Winston-Salem 2019: Newport, US Open, 2018: Brisbane, Quito, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Roland Garros, 2017: Auckland, Waszyngton, Shenzen, 2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros, 2013: US Open, 2012: Nicea, 2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Finały (36):
2024: Brisbane, Cordoba, Estoril 2023: Auckland, Rotterdam, Dubaj, Barcelona 2022: Rotterdam, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Rzym, Newport, Hamburg, Gijon 2021: Monachium, Rzym, 2020: Rzym, Antwerpia, 2019: Rotterdam, Rzym, Roland Garros, 2018: Halle, 2017: Stuttgart, 2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea, 2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn, 2014: Doha, 2013: Cincinnati, 2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm, 2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
ginny

Post autor: ginny »

Novak Đoković, najlepszy tenisista na świecie, zdobywca trzech z czterech tegorocznych pucharów Wielkiego Szlema, rozpoczyna karierę aktorską. Uważany za pierwszorzędnego showmana na korcie, Đoković pojawi się w "Niezniszczalnych 2".

Serb jest już na planie filmu w Bułgarii, gdzie trafił na osobiste zaproszenie producenta filmu Aviego Lernera. Tenisista zagra samego siebie.

Niestety nie wiadomo, jakie są sceny z jego udziałem. Tego dowiemy się latem przyszłego toku, kiedy film trafi do kin.

http://www.filmweb.pl/news/Najlepszy+te ... h%22-79993
sheva

Post autor: sheva »

Djokovic: "I have nothing to lose"

By Patrick McEnroe
ESPN The Magazine

Obrazek
In 2011, Jokovic became only the sixth man of the open era to win three grand slams in a single season.

This story appears in the Dec. 12, 2011, "Interview Issue" of ESPN The Magazine.

McENROE: People ask me, "What's been the difference for Novak? The serve? The forehand?"

DJOKOVIC: It's true that I have improved but by a very small percentage. It's the same game I've had the last couple of years; it's my mental approach on the court that's changed. That was the difference. I stepped it up. I matured and said, "It's my time. I can do it. I can win major titles." I think luck falls on not just the brave but also the ones who believe they belong there.

You had some difficulties with your serve last year. How were you able to get through that? Everybody could see that I changed my service motion, and my shoulder suffered a bit. In 2009 and the start of 2010, I played nearly 100 matches, the most in my career, and that's one reason my shoulder suffered. It got tired and heavy. I started feeling in practices that I really didn't feel comfortable with my serve, and then I tried to compensate with other muscles. But it just turned around. In six months I came back, got back my old service motion, and it was just something that came automatically. I was saying, "It's not me intentionally." In the next six months of 2010, starting around the U.S. Open, I felt my serve was getting back. Reaching the finals was a springboard. That moment was a turning point.

The shot people remember most is from this year's U.S. Open -- your first match-point return against Roger Federer. What was going through your mind? When Roger's serving for the match at a grand slam, there is a very small chance that he's going to let it go. But I was surprisingly relaxed. I said, "Okay, I have nothing to lose." I stopped thinking too much about what could happen and relied on my physical and mental strength to play the right shots at the right time. I didn't want to do what I'd done the last three, four years, where every time I got to the semifinals or the finals of a grand slam, I lose to Roger and Rafa--not because I'm playing bad, just because they are more dominant than I am mentally.

The night before your Wimbledon final against Nadal, I saw you on your bicycle with two of your brothers and maybe an uncle. Was that your idea? We called it a little Avatar adventure. We always try to get some reconnection with nature because that's a life force, and I think that's where I find my peace.

Last year we played against you and your country in the Davis Cup, and I was blown away by how well you handled all the pressure. When you're in Serbia, how do you use all of that attention to motivate you? People look up to me as somebody who is able to switch the image of our country from negative to positive. Yes, it feels like a heavy burden, but it's enjoyable. How many people can say they represent their country, not just in sport but in the world? I have been through two wars in my 24 years, and I know what it's like to be without anything, to see the bombs flying above your head. You have to look for the light in the dark tunnel, and my country finds its peace in watching sports. That's why people value our success as their own success.

If you could play one great player from the past, who would it be? Pete Sampras. He was my all-time idol. I just remember watching Pete when I was 4 years old. I don't have a tennis tradition in my family. I grew up in a skiing resort in Serbia. My father had been a professional. He met my mother on the ski slope. I was born on the snow with skis. When I was a baby, he skied with me on his back. Even today, as a professional tennis player, my biggest passion and my most-loved sport is skiing. But it was my destiny to start playing tennis. At 6, I was watching Pete Sampras win Wimbledon, and I imagined myself playing for the Wimbledon title. So Pete is somebody I always looked up to.

What's your motivation now going into the Australian Open and moving forward into 2012? I'm only 24, and I want to have many more successful years, win as many major titles as possible. The Olympics are coming up. I want a medal.
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/72 ... n-magazine
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
sheva

Post autor: sheva »

Mac worries about Djokovic 2012 fitness

Obrazek

John McEnroe just can't help himself - when an opinion is called for, he's all over it.

Therefore, it's no surprise that the former ace of three decades ago has offered his thoughts on the current state of world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, whose season swung from perfect to pedestrian after a run of injuries stopped his progress cold after winning the US Open.

The formerly fragile Serb, noted in the past for his four Grand Slam injury and illness retirements, played like a superman as he won 10 titles in 2011 - but did little due to injury from mid-September until exiting in the group stage of last week's season-ending final in London.

Mac has his concerns about how Djokovic will perform in just a few weeks when he begins 2012 at the rich Abu Dhabi exhibition.

"Djokovic is the favorite for the Australian Open but if he retired at two sets to one down in the quarterfinals because he couldn't breathe that also wouldn't shock me," said McEnroe of the Melbourne defending champ.

"It looked like he had conquered that sort of thing but going down the stretch in the last few months of this year maybe he wasn't digging as deep as he could. Perhaps he was already thinking about next year."

Mac is keeping his tennis eye in on the senior tour, which he wedges in between well-paid television commentary jobs that keep him almost as busy as he was during his playing career, when he set a record of 82-3 in a magical 1984 season.
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20111 ... 12_fitness
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

The 10 Greatest Men's Seasons: No. 3, Djokovic's 2011

Obrazek
Even after his win in Melbourne, we never
could have guessed what was in store for
Djokovic in a season that, for a while,
flirted with perfection.

It’s often said that men’s tennis is deeper and more competitive than it has ever been. And it’s true; the sport has never been played at a higher level. But over the last five years, it hasn’t been the excellence of the ATP as a whole that’s been most impressive. It has been the dominance of the top players despite that depth. Since 2006, we’ve seen three players—Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic—put together seasons that rank among the most gloriously accomplished of the Open era.

Now that the third and perhaps finest of those seasons, Djokovic’s remarkable 2011, is complete, it seems like a good time to look back at where it—as well as Federer’s and Nadal’s best years—fits among the greatest single seasons of the Open era. There’s no right answer, and that’s what makes this parlor game so much fun. Here we present our countdown of the 10 best men’s seasons since the Open era began in 1968.

No. 3: Novak Djokovic, 2011

Novak Djokovic didn’t finish 2011 well, but that shouldn’t cause us to forget how brilliantly he began it, and how brilliantly he continued it through the Grand Slam season. Djokovic started by winning his second Australian Open, but he didn’t stop there. He went on to tie John McEnroe’s record for consecutive wins to open a season, with 42, a streak that included wins in four straight finals over top-ranked Rafael Nadal. What was unprecedented was that two of those wins came in Masters finals on clay, a surface that the Spaniard had always owned. But like McEnroe, the 43rd match, at the French Open, was one too many for Djokovic: He lost a classic semifinal to Roger Federer. Djokovic was back on track at Wimbledon, where he beat Nadal in yet another final. The capper came in the year’s last major, the U.S. Open, where Djokovic saved two match points to beat Federer in the semis, and then ground down the previously indefatigable Nadal. He won three Slams and a record five Masters titles, but what elevates Djokovic’s season above virtually all others is what he did against two all-time greats: It’s one thing to go 82-3 against everybody like McEnroe did in 1984; it’s even more impressive to go 10-1 against Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
http://www.tennis.com/articles/template ... 1&zoneid=9
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

2011 w liczbach

Ranking: 1
Bilans meczów: 70-6
Tytuły: 10 (Australian Open, Dubaj, Indian Wells, Miami, Belgrad, Madryt, Rzym, Wimbledon, Kanada, US Open)
Finały: 1 (Cincinnati)
Zarobki: $12,619,803
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
ginny

Nie było niespodzianki. Djoković najlepszy

Lider światowego rankingu tenisistów Serb Novak Djoković został wybrany najlepszym sportowcem Bałkanów 2011 roku. Wyprzedził zdobywcę alpejskiego Pucharu Świata Chorwata Ivicę Kostelica oraz mistrza świata w pływaniu długodystansowym Bułgara Petara Stojczewa.

Djoković otrzymał 91 głosów, Kostelic - 61, a Stojczew - 40. Wyboru w corocznym plebiscycie dokonali przedstawiciele 11 agencji prasowych działających w tej części Europy.

24-letni Serb rozpoczął rok od serii 43 wygranych meczów, zanim przerwał ją Szwajcar Roger Federer w półfinale wielkoszlemowego Roland Garros.

W sumie, w całym roku, Djoković miał bilans spotkań 70-6. Triumfował również w trzech z czterech imprez wielkoszlemowych: Australian Open, Wimbledonie i US Open, w pięciu z dziewięciu w cyklu ATP Masters 1000: w Indian Wells, Miami, Rzymie, Madrycie i Montrealu, a także w turniejach ATP w Dubaju i rodzinnym Belgradzie. Zarobił rekordową sumę w historii - 12 619 803 dolarów.

4 lipca został po raz pierwszy w karierze liderem rankingu ATP World Tour, detronizując Hiszpana Rafaela Nadala, którego pokonał w tym roku we wszystkich sześciu pojedynkach.
http://sport.tvp.pl/tenis/aktualnosci/n ... zy/5896634
ginny

PLAYER NEWS
Vote For Djokovic As Sports Illustrated Cover

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic's US Open victory as
been selected as one of the Top 15
sporting moments of 2011 by Sports
Illustrated.

Tennis fans have the chance to make World No. 1 Novak Djokovic’s US Open triumph the year-end front cover of Sports Illustrated, which has a weekly audience of nearly 21 million adults.

Sports Illustrated is inviting its Facebook fans to vote for their top five sporting moments of 2011, with the winning moment to grace the cover of the magazine’s year-end double issue, which hits newsstands on 21st December.

Fans can vote for the moment when Djokovic won his third Grand Slam championship of the year at Flushing Meadows, defeating Rafael Nadal in the final. The Serb had earlier triumphed at the Australian Open (d. Murray) and Wimbledon (d. Nadal), and won a total of 10 tour-level titles in one of the greatest seasons tennis has ever seen.

Other sporting moments that have made the Top 15, selected by the editorial staff of Sports Illustrated, are Lionel Messi and Barcelona’s victory in the Champions League final, golfer Rory McIlroy’s US Open triumph, and the Green Bay Packers’ XLV Super Bowl win.

Voting runs through to Friday 16th December. Click here to cast your vote.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Cover.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

King Djokovic reigns supreme

Obrazek

PARIS: With three Grand Slam titles, five Masters, a 70-6 winning year and a record cash haul of 12.6 million dollars, Novak Djokovic was the king of 2011.

Spurred on by leading Serbia to a maiden Davis Cup title at the back end of 2010, the 24-year-old put together a 43-match winning run in the first half of 2011.

It was a surge which brought him the Australian Open title in January and was only ended by a rejuvenated Roger Federer in the semi-finals at Roland Garros.

As well as claiming a second title in Melbourne, Djokovic won all the season's opening four Masters at Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, defeating Rafael Nadal in the finals of all of them.

The Serb then defeated Nadal to win Wimbledon -- taking the Spaniard's world number one spot in the process -- before clinching the US Open.

Again Nadal was the vanquished opponent in the final after Djokovic had defeated Federer from two sets, and two match points down, in a breathtaking semi-final.

Djokovic's landmark season eventually took its toll with a combination of back and shoulder trouble comdemning him to four defeats in the year's closing stages.

"I had an unbelievable year. Nothing can really ruin that. I will always remember this year as the best of my life," he said.

Even John McEnroe, whose season winning record of 82 wins against just three defeats, set in 1984, was briefly within the Serb's sights after his US Open victory when he was at 64 wins against two losses, was in awe.

"He has had the greatest year in the history of our sport," said the American.

Djokovic probably played one of the shots of the year on match point against Federer at Flushing Meadows when he unleashed an all-or-nothing forehand service return which left the great Swiss rooted to the spot.

Federer double-faulted on the second match point and Djokovic was on his way again.

The figures back up Djokovic's year of dominance. He beat Nadal six times out of six, Federer four out of five and world number four Andy Murray, two in three, with the Briton's win coming courtesy of an injury retirement in the final in Cincinnati.

The world's leading three men have now won 29 of the last 32 Grand Slam crowns.

Since the start of 2004, only Gaston Gaudio (2004 French Open), Marat Safin (2005 Australian Open) and Juan Martin del Potro (2009 US Open) have broken their stranglehold.

Nadal took his majors collection to 10 in 2011 with a sixth French Open title to equal Bjorn Borg's record Paris haul.

The Spaniard lost his number one spot to Djokovic and cut a jaded, frustrated figure as the year closed, complaining about player burn-out and scheduling at the US Open.

But claiming the winning point for a fifth Davis Cup triumph against Argentina in Seville in December at least breathed new life into the Spaniard.

Nadal will skip the Davis Cup in 2012, preferring to conserve his energy for his Olympic title defence and a new assault on Djokovic.

He is also wary of the drawbacks of constant action on the court -- in 2011, Nadal played 84 matches, more than any of the top four.

"I know the one way to change the situation is to work more, think more about tennis, do everything in the right shape, do everything good inside the court, everything good outside the court," said the Spaniard.

Nadal finished the year with three titles, the last of which was the French Open in June.

Federer, meanwhile, defied those who believe that having celebrated his 30th birthday in 2011, his best was behind him.

The Swiss won his first title in Doha in January before picking up three more in the home straight in Basel, Paris and a sixth World Tour finals trophy.

In between, he had suffered his first ever Grand Slam loss after being two sets up when Jo-Wilfried Tsonga stunned him in the Wimbledon quarter-finals.

He had previously boasted a 178-0 Grand Slam win-loss record when winning the first two sets. That proud record was further blemished by Djokovic at the US Open.

But his World Tour Finals win in London means Federer, who finished the season without a Grand Slam title for the first time since 2002, will go into the new campaign on the back of a 17-match winning run.

"For me, it was the strongest finish I've ever had in my career. I'm looking forward to next year," he said.
http://www.brecorder.com/sports/38881-k ... reme-.html
Art

Post autor: Art »

Djoković: wciąż mam coś do udowodnienia

Serb Novak Djoković ma za sobą najlepszy w karierze rok, w którym wygrał trzy z czterech turniejów wielkoszlemowych i objął prowadzenie w rankingu ATP World Tour. Teraz tenisista z Belgradu odpoczywa i trenuje w Abu Zabi, co łączy ze swoją pasją do win.
– Nie da się ukryć, że po tym, czego udało mi się dokonać w tym roku nie omieszkałem uczcić lampką ulubionego wina. No dobrze, to było więcej niż jeden kieliszek, ale i powód do tego był ważny. Zresztą nigdy nie ukrywałem, że lubię wina. Oczywiście w następnych dniach nie grałem w tenisa, ani nawet nie trenowałem. Miałem więc dobre wytłumaczenie, a to był po prostu początek krótkich wakacji, a teraz czas na pracę i przygotowania do kolejnego roku – powiedział Djoković podczas spotkania z dziennikarzami w Abu Zabi.

Właśnie w Zjednoczonych Emiratach Arabskich tenisista z Belgradu przebywa od kilku dni. Trenuje tam przed nowym sezonem i przygotowuje się jednocześnie do udziału w pokazowym turnieju z udziałem kilku innych czołowych tenisistów świata, w tym Hiszpana Rafaela Nadala (nr 2.) czy Szwajcara Rogera Federera (3.), który rozpocznie się 29 grudnia, a zakończy w Sylwestra.

– Ten rok był dla mnie po prostu niewiarygodny, mam nadzieję, że przez to nie będzie niepowtarzalny. Czy uda mi się powtórzyć choćby większość z tych wyników? Kto wie? Na pewno chciałbym i wierzę, że to jest możliwe. Jak zawsze patrzę do przodu optymistycznie. Po prostu ufam swoim zdolnościom, zaangażowaniu i formie, a reszta i tak jest przecież zupełnie niewytłumaczalna, tak jak talent. Czemu więc to nie miałoby się powtórzyć? – dodał ze śmiechem 24-letni Serb.

W 2011 roku Djoković wygrał 70 meczów, a poniósł tylko sześć porażek, w tym dwukrotnie skreczował z powodu kontuzji. 4 lipca po raz pierwszy w karierze objął prowadzenie w rankingu ATP World Tour i od tego czasu nieprzerwanie jest jego liderem. Zarobił rekordową sumę 12 619 803 dolarów.

Serb rozpoczął sezon od serii 43 wygranych meczów, a od grudnia 2010 roku (odniósł dwa zwycięstwa w finale Pucharu Davisa) był niepokonany w 45 pojedynkach. Tę serię przerwał dopiero w czerwcu Federer w półfinale wielkoszlemowego Roland Garros.

Djoković triumfował w trzech z czterech imprezach zaliczanych do Wielkiego Szlema: Australian Open, Wimbledonie i US Open, w pięciu z dziewięciu w cyklu ATP Masters 1000: w Indian Wells, Miami, Rzymie, Madrycie i Montrealu, a także w turniejach ATP w Dubaju i rodzinnym Belgradzie. Sześciokrotnie pokonał w ich finałach Nadala.

– Nie uważam, żebym osiągnął wszystko, bo wciąż mam coś do udowodnienia. Przecież przez całą karierę nie stoi się mentalnie w tym samym miejscu, lecz wciąż i wciąż się rozwija poprzez ciężką pracę i cierpliwość. Cztery, pięć lat temu wierzyłem, że kiedyś będę numerem jeden i to zrealizowałem. Teraz muszę jeszcze udoskonalić swoją grę, poprawić nawet najdrobniejsze szczegóły jak to tylko będzie możliwe. Pomoże mi w tym pewność siebie, której nabrałem choćby dzięki zwycięstwom w największych turniejach. Poza tym wynikowo mógłbym jeszcze choćby skompletować Wielkiego Szlema – uważa tenisista z Belgradu, który w Abu Zabi zmierzy się 29 grudnia z Francuzem Gaelem Monfilsem.

Zwycięzca w półfinale zmierzy się z Federerem, natomiast w drugiej połówce skróconej drabinki Nadal czeka na lepszego zawodnika w meczu Hiszpana Davida Ferrera z Francuzem Jo-Wilfriedem Tsongą. W Sylwestra rozegrany zostanie finał.
http://sport.tvp.pl/tenis/aktualnosci/d ... ia/5946817
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Djokovic confident with his game after 2011 breakthrough

Obrazek

Novak Djokovic momentarily interrupted his harsh dietary regime - he remains gluten-free - by enjoying a few glasses of wine to celebrate the season of his life and toast the chances of a repeat in 2012.

While the Serb admitted to feeling the effects of his libations for a morning, he's now back in harness, determined to prove that his ten titles and world No. 1 status achieved in 0211 was no fluke.

To that end, everything will remain the same in his camp as the countdown to 2012 picks up pace. “I'm sticking with the same regime, my diet and the same way of practicing,” the Serb said prior to Christmas. “Nothing has changed, I need to believe in my qualities, in my abilities.

Djokovic will kick-start 2012 in Abu Dhabi from December 29 along with Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Gael Monfils Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and David Ferrer at a three-day exhibition.

But it's another standout ATP season that he most concerned about. "I need to believe I can repeat this year again. It’s going to be an incredible and a difficult task to achieve, but you never know - nothing is impossible.”

The 70-6 player said that with his track record, he's full of optimism for next year. "It doesn't make sense to be anything else than optimistic.” But he added: “There’s still room for improvement. The game that I have is good enough to be one of the best on all surfaces. I just need to maintain that level."
Źródło: http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20111 ... eakthrough
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Đoković odpoczywa i przygotowuje się do sezonu w Abu Zabi

Serb Novak Đoković ma za sobą najlepszy w karierze rok, w którym wygrał trzy z czterech turniejów wielkoszlemowych i objął prowadzenie w rankingu ATP World Tour. Teraz tenisista z Belgradu odpoczywa i trenuje w Abu Zabi, co łączy ze swoją pasją do win.- Nie da się ukryć, że po tym, czego udało mi się dokonać w tym roku nie omieszkałem uczcić lampką ulubionego wina. No dobrze, to było więcej niż jeden kieliszek, ale i powód do tego był ważny. Zresztą nigdy nie ukrywałem, że lubię wina. Oczywiście w następnych dniach nie grałem w tenisa, ani nawet nie trenowałem. Miałem więc dobre wytłumaczenie, a to był po prostu początek krótkich wakacji, a teraz czas na pracę i przygotowania do kolejnego roku - powiedział Đoković podczas spotkania z dziennikarzami w Abu Zabi.

Właśnie w Zjednoczonych Emiratach Arabskich tenisista z Belgradu przebywa od kilku dni. Trenuje tam przed nowym sezonem i przygotowuje się jednocześnie do udziału w pokazowym turnieju z udziałem kilku innych czołowych tenisistów świata, w tym Hiszpana Rafaela Nadala (nr 2.) czy Szwajcara Rogera Federera (3.), który rozpocznie się 29 grudnia, a zakończy w Sylwestra.

- Ten rok był dla mnie po prostu niewiarygodny, mam nadzieję, że przez to nie będzie niepowtarzalny. Czy uda mi się powtórzyć choćby większość z tych wyników? Kto wie? Na pewno chciałbym i wierzę, że to jest możliwe. Jak zawsze patrzę do przodu optymistycznie. Po prostu ufam swoim zdolnościom, zaangażowaniu i formie, a reszta i tak jest przecież zupełnie niewytłumaczalna, tak jak talent. Czemu więc to nie miałoby się powtórzyć? - dodał ze śmiechem 24-letni Serb.

W 2011 roku Đoković wygrał 70 meczów, a poniósł tylko sześć porażek, w tym dwukrotnie skreczował z powodu kontuzji. 4 lipca po raz pierwszy w karierze objął prowadzenie w rankingu ATP World Tour i od tego czasu nieprzerwanie jest jego liderem. Zarobił rekordową sumę 12 619 803 dolarów.

Serb rozpoczął sezon od serii 43 wygranych meczów, a od grudnia 2010 roku (odniósł dwa zwycięstwa w finale Pucharu Davisa) był niepokonany w 45 pojedynkach. Tę serię przerwał dopiero w czerwcu Federer w półfinale wielkoszlemowego Roland Garros.

Đoković triumfował w trzech z czterech imprezach zaliczanych do Wielkiego Szlema: Australian Open, Wimbledonie i US Open, w pięciu z dziewięciu w serii Masters 1000: w Indian Wells, Miami, Rzymie, Madrycie i Montrealu, a także w turniejach w Dubaju i rodzinnym Belgradzie. Sześciokrotnie pokonał w ich finałach Nadala.

- Nie uważam, żebym osiągnął wszystko, bo wciąż mam coś do udowodnienia. Przecież przez całą karierę nie stoi się mentalnie w tym samym miejscu, lecz wciąż i wciąż się rozwija poprzez ciężką pracę i cierpliwość. Cztery, pięć lat temu wierzyłem, że kiedyś będę numerem jeden i to zrealizowałem. Teraz muszę jeszcze udoskonalić swoją grę, poprawić nawet najdrobniejsze szczegóły jak to tylko będzie możliwe. Pomoże mi w tym pewność siebie, której nabrałem choćby dzięki zwycięstwom w największych turniejach. Poza tym wynikowo mógłbym jeszcze choćby skompletować Wielkiego Szlema - uważa tenisista z Belgradu, który w Abu Zabi zmierzy się 29 grudnia z Francuzem Monfilsem.

Zwycięzca w półfinale zmierzy się z Federerem, natomiast w drugiej połówce skróconej drabinki Nadal czeka na lepszego zawodnika w meczu Hiszpana Davida Ferrera z Francuzem Jo-Wilfriedem Tsongą. W Sylwestra rozegrany zostanie finał.
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ ... -abu-zabi/
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Djokovic Named BBC Overseas Sports Personality Of The Year

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic won the 2011 BBC Overseas
Sports Personality of the Year award.

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic won the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year award on Thursday night. He beat Barcelona and Argentina footballer Lionel Messi and German Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel to the prestigious award.

"Thank you for this beautiful award," Djokovic told BBC Sport in a recorded interview. "I am very honoured and privileged to be on the list of great champions who have won this award in the past.

"Looking back on 2011, it has been the best season of my career. I won three Grand Slams and, who knows, next year, one of my goals is to go for all four."

The 24-year-old Serbian compiled a 70-6 match record in 2011, which included winning his first 41 matches. He won the Australian Open, Wimbledon, US Open and seven other singles titles.

First awarded in 1960, Djokovic follows in the footsteps of Rod Laver, who won in 1969, Arthur Ashe (1975), Bjorn Borg (1979), Jimmy Connors (1982), Boris Becker (1985), Andre Agassi (1992), Goran Ivanisevic (2001), Roger Federer (2004, 2006-07) and Rafael Nadal (2010).

The winner was decided by a panel of sports editors from British national and regional newspapers and magazines.

Djokovic was recently nominated for the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award. The awards ceremony will be held on 6 February in London.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Award.aspx
Joao

Re: Tenisowe filmiki, reklamy, kompilacje itp

Joao

Re: Tenisowe filmiki, reklamy, kompilacje itp

Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere »

Djokovic najlepszym sportowcem Europy w 54. Ankiecie PAP
Spoiler:
http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/Wydarzen ... 1,964.html
"Kto jest dobry? Kto zły? Nie ma ludzi dobrych i złych, są tylko złe albo dobre uczynki. I ludzie, którzy miotają się między nimi." Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
ODPOWIEDZ