Obrazek

R32 Austin Krajicek (USA) 6-1, 6-4
R16 Xavier Malisse (BEL) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
Q Andy Roddick (USA) 2-6, 7-6(9), 6-4
S John Isner (USA) 7-5, 7-6(4)
W Marinko Matosevic (AUS) 6-4, 7-6(2)
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis

MTT career highlights (16-10):

2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Re: Kevin Anderson

Post autor: robpal » 05 mar 2012, 21:31

Anderson z tytułem w Delray Beach!

Obrazek

Kevin Anderson wywalczył drugi tytuł w karierze, pokonując w finale imprezy w Delray Beach Marinko Matosevicia. Ubiegłoroczny triumfator imprezy w Johannesburgu pokonał po drodze m. in. Andy'ego Roddicka (broniąc w drugim secie trzech piłek meczowych) oraz Johna Isnera. Dzięki wygranej w USA, Afrykanin awansował na 30. miejsce w rankingu ATP, wyrównując swój najlepszy dotychczasowy wynik.

Kevin Anderson - tytuły w singlu (2):
2012 (1) Delray Beach
2011 (1) Johannesburg

MTT career highlights (16-10):

2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE » 05 mar 2012, 23:57

W przerwie między sezonami Kevin zmienił stan cywilny i tak sobie wtedy pomyślałem, że mógłby trochę w najbliższym czasie powygrywać, żeby jego dzieci miały bezpieczną przyszłość. :P Chyba trochę bez sensu myśl, ale całkiem spontanicznie mi się nawinęła. ;)
MTT - tytuły (17)
2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000
2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg
2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (21)
2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger » 19 mar 2012, 9:12

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 28
Tytuły (12):
2018: Doha, Pekin
2017: Szanghaj, Bazylea
2016: Queen's Club, Atlanta
2014: Pekin
2013: Montpellier, Atlanta
2012: Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea

Finały (17):
2018: Dubaj, Umag
2017: Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon
2016: Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch
2013: Barcelona, Madryt, Paryż - Bercy
2012: Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea
2011: Los Angeles

Gra podwójna:

Tytuły (5): Wimbledon’13, Australian Open’15, Roland Garros’15, Us Open'17, MTT Finals'18
Finały (3): Us Open’15, Wimbledon’16, US Open'18
Art

Post autor: Art » 22 mar 2012, 21:40

Green Card keeps Anderson out of Davis Cup match

South Africa’s best tennis player, Kevin Anderson, cannot compete in the Davis Cup due to his application for US citizenship.

South African No.1 Kevin Anderson is set to miss the upcoming Davis Cup match with Slovenia due to issues with his attempt to gain US citizenship.

The crucial Euro-Africa tie will take place at the Arthur Ashe Tennis Centre in Johannesburg during the weekend of 6 to 8 April. A victory is needed for South Africa to qualify for the world play-offs. Should this happen it would be the country’s fourth time in succession they have qualified for the playoffs.

Anderson, who is enjoying his highest ever ranking, currently no.28 in the world, is in the process of applying for a US citizenship and cannot leave the country while this is underway.

“Kevin told me that while he is in the process of obtaining his green card he is not able to leave the US without a visa, ” team captain John-Laffnie De Jager told journalists.

The news is a blow for South Africa, as Anderson is playing some of the best tennis of his career at the moment. He recently won his second career title and his first on foreign soil when he became the first South African to win the 20-year -old Delray Beach Championship, impressively seeing off former Grand Slam winner Andy Roddick and top 15 player John Isner en route to the title.

The news comes on the heels of the news that South Africans Rik De Voest and Fritz Wolmerans have also ruled themselves out of the reckoning, leaving team captain De Jager with a real selection headache.

De Voest has asked not to be considered due to personal problems and Wolmerans has just returned from a lengthy lay-off from injuries and is not for ready for matches of Davis Cup intensity just yet.

With South Africa missing three of their top players, the odds are stacked against De Jager and his team to clinch qualification for the world play-off, however home advantage cannot be sniffed at.

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/gr ... -match.htm
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger » 30 maja 2012, 18:41

Kevin Anderson Q&A: Love Of The Great Outdoors

Obrazek

World No. 34 Kevin Anderson advanced to the Roland Garros third round for the first time on Wednesday after beating Horacio Zeballos of Argentina 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-0. Afterwards the South African told ATPWorldTour.com of his love for the great outdoors and the importance of recovery during Grand Slam championships.

Kevin, you’re through to the third round here for the first time, but what a battle it’s been. You went 11-9 in the fifth set against Rui Machado, saving four match points, and then went four sets against Horacio Zeballos today. How are you feeling?
I’m definitely happy that I was able to get through this match at all, but it was easier than my last match. Each match has its own challenges and I think after losing the second set today I was able to come back nicely to take the third and the fourth set. I’m obviously pleased to get through even my first match, just to give myself an opportunity in this match. I felt as though I played well and I’m definitely looking forward to my next match.

When you’re going through a Grand Slam, how difficult and important is recovery after these five-set matches?
I think that’s one of the most important things, especially after a match like I played in the first round, which was longer than most matches. Fortunately, actually, I had two days off, finishing the match we were only out there for 30 minutes or so, so it’s going to be nice having another day off tomorrow. I thought I was able to recover nicely today, my body felt healthy. I think for me, the main thing will be having a light day tomorrow, probably hit a little bit, but I think if I do that I’ll be able to prepare well for my next match.

How do you face the challenge of Tomas Berdych?
I’ve played him a couple of times now this year already and he’s beaten me both times. I’ve learned a few things from both times I’ve played him. I know I’m going to have to play well. He’s obviously a very good player. For me, it’s just going to be a pretty relaxed day tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to the challenge on Friday. I’m going to have to play well and that’s why I’m here. It’s going to be a fun match and something I’m looking forward to.

Have you had chance to enjoy Paris in your free time?
A little bit. We were here for a whole week beforehand. I’ve been to Paris a few times. We’re staying right by the Eiffel Tower, which is nice. I haven’t done as much sightseeing as I have in previous years, but maybe tomorrow I’ll have a few hours to do something.

You got married last November, how has the first six months of married life been for you?
It’s been, I guess, interesting compared to most other married couples. We haven’t seen each other a lot. Luckily, my wife’s here with me this week, so we’re really having a good time. She was able to get some time off work. I think, hopefully, later this year we’ll be able to spend a little bit more time together.

One of your hobbies is outdoor adventuring... Can you tell us more about that?
I know it’s a pretty broad concept [laughs]. But I just love being outside. In the States, specifically when I go out west like California, I love doing the mountain trails, hiking. Even if it’s just scuba diving or stuff like that, I just find those things kind of fun. Specifically it has been sort of mountainous, but I’m up for everything.

I spent the last few off seasons in Florida, so there’s not a whole lot of outdoor activities going on there! It was nice, during our honeymoon last year, we went to St. Lucia. There’s quite a bit of stuff we did there like zip-lining, we went up a couple of mountains, snorkelling and stuff. So it was a pretty active honeymoon. I just think that’s how I am.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... erson.aspx
Tytuły (12):
2018: Doha, Pekin
2017: Szanghaj, Bazylea
2016: Queen's Club, Atlanta
2014: Pekin
2013: Montpellier, Atlanta
2012: Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea

Finały (17):
2018: Dubaj, Umag
2017: Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon
2016: Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch
2013: Barcelona, Madryt, Paryż - Bercy
2012: Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea
2011: Los Angeles

Gra podwójna:

Tytuły (5): Wimbledon’13, Australian Open’15, Roland Garros’15, Us Open'17, MTT Finals'18
Finały (3): Us Open’15, Wimbledon’16, US Open'18
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 » 13 sie 2012, 21:03

twitter:

@kevinanderson18 (Kevin Anderson)
I guess I'm a real tennis player now, with a twitter verification badge and all
Awatar użytkownika
Samurray

Post autor: Samurray » 26 sie 2012, 21:54

Injured Anderson won’t play Davis Cup

Obrazek

South Africa's Davis Cup team will face Canada in their upcoming World Group Playoff tie with out their top player Kevin Anderson in Montreal from September 14 to 16. Tennis South Africa (TSA) announced that 21-year-old Nikala Scholtz will be joining Izak van der Merwe (ranked 152), Rik de Voest (177), and Raven Klaasen (ranked 551) at the Uniprix Stadium in Montreal for the tie.

Unfortunately, after much deliberation, I cannot commit to playing in the upcoming Davis Cup tie against Canada in September,” said Anderson. “This is not a decision I have taken lightly as I always consider it an honour to represent my country. However, the tie comes at the end of a long hard court season which has traditionally taken its toll on my body, especially my knee. In the summer of 2011, my knee injury reached a climax and I compromised it by playing Davis Cup – a decision which cost me eight months of rehabilitation. The knee is still healing and my doctor and physio believe I need to undergo further treatment and rehabilitation at the end of the hard court season, beginning straight after the US Open. I wish my compatriots great success and I will be right behind the team and look forward to joining up with them again when my body is fully ready.”

Scholtz is the son of former Western Province rugby player Calla Scholtz. The team captain, John-Laffnie de Jager, admitted he was also disappointed that Anderson has chosen not to play but understands he made a decision that staying healthy and his own career this year were his priorities.

“I have to respect that and good luck to him,” De Jager said. “My job is now to focus on the guys who will be playing and making sure they are ready to win this very important tie for us. Izak, Rik and Raven are experienced Davis Cup players and know what to expect. Nikala Scholtz was our top junior and has been playing great tennis for the University of Mississippi. This will be a great experience for him and an opportunity to become part of the Davis Cup family.”

Canada and South Africa will meet for the second time although the first tie between the two nations was all the way back in 1913, when Canada claimed the victory. Although South Africa were initially awarded home advantage they asked to switch the tie to Canada for financial reasons. Canada have spent just a single year in the World Group in their latest spell at the top level of Davis Cup competition. In the first round they were overpowered by a star-studded French team in Vancouver, leading them to have to fight for their place in the division for next year. South Africa are bidding for a place in the top tier for the first time since 1998 but have missed out in the play-offs in each of the last three years. They saw off the challenge of Slovakia in Europe/Africa Zone Group I earlier this year to try and make it fourth-time lucky in their attempt at promotion.
http://www.iol.co.za/sport/tennis/injur ... -1.1362186
I can cry like Roger, just a shame I can't play like him. AM
sheva

Post autor: sheva » 16 wrz 2012, 15:23

An Open Letter Regarding My Decision Not to Play Davis Cup

Obrazek

Firstly, I would like to wish team SA the best of luck this weekend. It is unfortunate that it will not be played in South Africa, but nevertheless I know the boys will play their hearts out. I will certainly be following their progress and supporting them all the way.

There has been talk and speculation as to why I am not playing this tie against Canada in the news and on social media. At first, I thought it was better to stay quiet. Some people understand my decisions, others don't – that’s life. I appreciate the support and can understand fair criticism. However, as is often the case with the media, facts get misrepresented. I do not think forming opinions which are based on inaccurate information is fair or beneficial. Additionally, I've heard statements that are not only incorrect but also out of touch with the reality of professional tennis. For these reasons, I felt it was necessary to set the record straight.

Playing professional tennis is a very demanding profession. It differs to most other sports in terms of its individuality and global reach. The season is all year round, it is played in all parts of the world and is increasingly competitive. Yet I wouldn't change what I do for the world. It's my job, and one that I love doing.

In order to keep improving and be successful there are a few factors to consider. Besides motivation and hard work, one needs to find a way to stay healthy. I have learned that this requires proper tournament scheduling and rest periods. Another major factor is having a strong support team. Due to the success I have experienced so far, I can finally afford to employ a full time coach and physiotherapist. However, as one can imagine this is very expensive. At a minimum this type of setup costs a player $250,000 a year (R2,000,000 at the current exchange rate).

I have funded my entire career on my own. I find myself in a tricky position in attracting sponsors when I am a South African living mainly in the United States, so I have to rely heavily on prize money which is never guaranteed. Having both a coach and a physio travel with me is a huge financial burden. The prize money for someone with my ranking is not as much as you might expect when compared to the costs of life on tour; it is certainly not comparable to the earnings of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, etc. Tennis South Africa (TSA) has never provided financial support or funding to help cover the costs of playing on the tour.

In 2011 I played Davis Cup because it was financially attractive to do so; I was able to cover my expenses during the Davis Cup week and also the opportunity cost of adjusting my tournament schedule. However for this tie against Canada, TSA was not able to provide the support that justified me sacrificing my schedule and increasing my risk of injury. If I am injured during Davis Cup play, which happened last year, I receive no support, assistance or insurance from anybody. I am on my own. I told TSA during Wimbledon that the compensation for the tie needed to be sufficient to address the issues at hand. I was available to the play the tie against Canada if TSA had made me an offer that addressed my concerns. However, they did not.

Critics insinuate that the honor of playing for one's country should necessitate a player to compete in Davis Cup ties, regardless of what financial incentives are (or are not) being offered. Of course playing for my country is a massive incentive to play, but I would be foolish not to weigh the consequences as well.

I would also like to clarify my participation in the World Team Tennis (WTT) finals this week. My decision to play WTT finals came months after my choice not to play Davis Cup. About a month ago, I was asked if I wanted to compete in the finals of the WTT, which happens to take place the same weekend as the Canadian Davis Cup tie. The physical demands of WTT (which consists of a first to 5 games singles and doubles match) cannot be compared to a Davis Cup tie (which potentially involves 3 different 5 set matches over 3 days). Anybody who suggests otherwise clearly does not know the facts. It has been suggested in the press and by Davis Cup captain JL de Jager that I fabricated an injury to excuse myself from Davis Cup, while having the intention of playing WTT all along. Not only is this completely untrue and unrepresentative of the facts, but it is also impossible given that the WTT team I will play for had not qualified for the finals until early August.

Finally, I think it is important to point out that I am not the only player who has voiced concerns about the physical and scheduling demands of the Davis Cup. There have been a lot of discussions about possible ways to change the Davis Cup format. It is ridiculous that in addition to the already demanding tour schedule, there are on average 3 Davis Cup ties a year. It is common for top players to make themselves unavailable to play Davis Cup, including Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray. I would like nothing more than to see a new Davis Cup format that would make it easier for all our best players to compete.

At the end of the day, I believe that I have to look out for my own career and my family’s future. My whole life I have made countless sacrifices in order to be the best athlete I can be. Unfortunately, sometimes that means making tough decisions, especially when it comes to Davis Cup. I am a proud South African and I don’t believe I have to prove this by sacrificial Davis Cup participation, 3 times a year. I proudly represent South Africa every time I step out onto the court; I fundamentally believe that South African representation at ATP, WTA and Grand Slam events is just as important for tennis in South Africa as the Davis Cup.

http://kevinandersontennis.blogspot.com ... ision.html

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere » 18 paź 2012, 21:44

15.10.2012 (debel)

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 86
"Kto jest dobry? Kto zły? Nie ma ludzi dobrych i złych, są tylko złe albo dobre uczynki. I ludzie, którzy miotają się między nimi." Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere » 26 paź 2012, 5:58

Basel 2012 Thursday Interview Anderson

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk0G2kVsn8Y&list=UUY_5h5zaSwN7Or4kIJDYNXA&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
"Kto jest dobry? Kto zły? Nie ma ludzi dobrych i złych, są tylko złe albo dobre uczynki. I ludzie, którzy miotają się między nimi." Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere » 15 lis 2012, 8:35

2012 w liczbach

Ranking: 36
Bilans meczów: 30-26 (53,6 %)
Łączna liczba spotkań: 56
Tytuły: 1 (Delray Beach)
Finały: 0
Zarobki: $711,108
Awatar użytkownika
Rroggerr

Post autor: Rroggerr » 05 gru 2012, 12:24

PLAYER NEWS 2012
Anderson Parts Ways With Coach Vosloo

Obrazek
Among his highlights with Vosloo, Anderson won the Delray Beach title.

South African No. 1 Kevin Anderson and coach Louis Vosloo have parted ways.

The two began working together in April of 2010. During his time with Vosloo, Anderson captured two ATP World Tour titles and broke the Top 30 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, peaking at No. 28 on 19 March 2012.

“It’s been a great experience working with Louis,” said Anderson. “I feel like I have improved immensely under his guidance and will always respect and look up to him as a coach and a friend. He helped me grow as a person, both on and off the court. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”

The 26-year-old Anderson finished the year as the World No. 37 with a 30-26 record.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Ways.aspx
GOLDEN ERA OF TENNIS
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere » 07 sty 2013, 21:55

Anderson Discusses Hopes For 2013

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiJXpXWa9D0&list=UUY_5h5zaSwN7Or4kIJDYNXA&index=5[/youtube]
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE » 08 sty 2013, 10:51

Setka Andersona.

Podczas turnieju Apia International w Sydney, Kevin odniósł swoje setne zwycięstwo meczowe w zawodowym Tourze. Zawodnik z RPA potrzebował 188 spotkań, by dokonać tej sztuki, a udała się mu ona ostatecznie dziś - po zwycięstwie 63 36 63 w I rundzie nad Aljażem Bedene ze Słowenii.
MTT - tytuły (17)
2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (21)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere » 12 sty 2013, 9:37

Kevin Anderson Warming Up: Apia International Sydney 2013

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfJRmcCgeBg[/youtube]
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE » 12 sty 2013, 12:35

Finał w Sydney!

Świetnie zaczął nowy sezon Kevin Anderson - od 4. finału w zawodowej karierze. Zawodnik z RPA, pomimo świetnej gry, musiał ostatecznie uznać wyższość zawodnika gospodarzy - Bernarda Tomica. Był to drugi przegrany przez Andersona finał.

Kevin Anderson - finały w singlu (2)
2013 (1) Sydney
2008 (1) Las Vegas
MTT - tytuły (17)
2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (21)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Rroggerr

Post autor: Rroggerr » 18 sty 2013, 13:00

AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013
Anderson Emotional After Breaking New Ground; Faces Berdych Next
Melbourne, Australia

Obrazek
Kevin Anderson has become the first South African man since Wayne Ferreira in 2003 to reach the fourth round of a Grand Slam championship.

Kevin Anderson admitted he got very emotional towards the end of his five-set third-round victory over Fernando Verdasco at the Australian Open on Friday.

Anderson hit 55 winners to beat the Spanish No. 22 seed and 2009 semi-finalist 4-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-2, in three hours and 46 minutes, on Hisense Arena.

"I was very emotional at the end,” said Anderson. “I tried my best to win it at 5-2, it's a little easier than having to serve it out, I was pretty happy to see that forehand go by."

The victory meant that Anderson became the first South African man to reach the Last 16 of a major championship since Wayne Ferreira, when he reached the 2003 Australian Open semi-finals.

TV Schedule | Launch Live Scores

"[Getting to the fourth round of a major] was definitely on my mind, I had fallen short in the third round four times I think,” said Anderson. “I just tried to focus on what I was doing out there in terms of the game I was trying to play. It really meant a lot to me, getting through that match, especially a five-set match.

"It would definitely be up there in one of the most important and best matches I've played, the only ones in the same ballpark would have been the finals I've played at the 250 [ATP World Tour] level.

"It was one of the most important matches of my life and hopefully I'll be able to reproduce more of those in the future."

Anderson will next meet fifth seed Tomas Berdych, who is making his 10th straight appearance at Melbourne Park.

Anderson said, “I'll definitely know what to expect. I've played Tomas a few times now. He's a tough player to play against. He's been Top 10 for a number of years [and reached a] Grand Slam final."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... round.aspx
GOLDEN ERA OF TENNIS
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere » 19 sty 2013, 21:59

Interview: Kevin Anderson - Australian Open 2013

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvjffVpH19I[/youtube]
ODPOWIEDZ