Miejsce zamieszkania: Gold Coast Australia
Data i miejsce urodzenia: 21 października 1992
Stuttgart Niemcy
Wzrost: 193 cm
Masa ciała: 77 kg
Gra praworęczna, oburęczny backhand
Status profesjonalny: 2009
MTT bilans finałów (17-26)
W: Queen's Club 13, Monte Carlo 14, Australian Open 15, Nottingham 15, Chennai 16, Rio de Janeiro 17, Wiedeń 17, Acapulco 18, Madryt 18, Queen's Club 21, Cincinnati 21, Indian Wells 21, World Tour Finals 21, s-Hertogenbosch 22, Roland Garros 23, Astana 23, Hong Kong 24
F: Auckland 14, Miami 14, Roland Garros 14, Waszyngton 14, World Tour Finals 14, Rio de Janeiro 15, US Open 15, Estoril 16, Pekin 17, Rio de Janeiro 18, Monte Carlo 18, Rzym 18, Lyon 18, Metz 18, Hamburg 20, Madryt 21, St. Petersburg 21, Adelajda-2 22, Buenos Aires 22, Rio de Janeiro 22, Cincinnati 22, Astana 22, Rio de Janeiro 23, Bastad 23, Rio de Janeiro 24, Dubaj 24
Awatar użytkownika
Mario

Re: Bernard Tomić

Post autor: Mario »

Bernard Tomić - osiągnięcia

Tytuły singlowe (1):
2013 (1) Sydney

Finały singlowe (1)
2014 (1) Sydney
MTT bilans finałów (17-26)
W: Queen's Club 13, Monte Carlo 14, Australian Open 15, Nottingham 15, Chennai 16, Rio de Janeiro 17, Wiedeń 17, Acapulco 18, Madryt 18, Queen's Club 21, Cincinnati 21, Indian Wells 21, World Tour Finals 21, s-Hertogenbosch 22, Roland Garros 23, Astana 23, Hong Kong 24
F: Auckland 14, Miami 14, Roland Garros 14, Waszyngton 14, World Tour Finals 14, Rio de Janeiro 15, US Open 15, Estoril 16, Pekin 17, Rio de Janeiro 18, Monte Carlo 18, Rzym 18, Lyon 18, Metz 18, Hamburg 20, Madryt 21, St. Petersburg 21, Adelajda-2 22, Buenos Aires 22, Rio de Janeiro 22, Cincinnati 22, Astana 22, Rio de Janeiro 23, Bastad 23, Rio de Janeiro 24, Dubaj 24
Awatar użytkownika
Wujek Toni

Post autor: Wujek Toni »

Bollettieri: Tomic could do anything

Nick Bollettieri, the most famous coach in world tennis, has hailed Australian wunderkind Bernard Tomic the real deal and a potential superstar.

"I think Bernard has the ability to do just about anything," Bollettieri told AAP after watching Tomic advance to the third round of the US Open junior championship at Flushing Meadows on Thursday (AEST).

Bollettieri, who has guided no less than 10 players to the world No.1 ranking – including Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, Boris Becker, Monica Seles, Serena and Venus Williams, Martina Hingis and Maria Sharapova – has taken a special interest in Tomic who had a recent three-month stint at the coach's famed tennis academy in Florida.

The 77-year-old believes Tomic has all the qualities required to be a champion, including excellent court craft, brilliant shot-making, a strong mind, athleticism and a great work ethic.

But his ringing endorsement also came with some sage advice for the Gold Coast prodigy.

Bollettieri believes the next two years will be vital for Tomic as he makes the transition from the juniors to the professional ranks.

Bollettieri says the 16-year-old needs to make some important adjustments in order to fulfil both his own considerable potential and also live up to the hype and expectations of a nation desperate for a new tennis star.

"He's smart as hell," Bollettieri said.

"Probably smarter than most juniors, I would say. He allows you to sleep and then he can come up with the shot.

"And he's got all the shots, but he's got a lot of things that he'll have to change to be a professional.

"The next couple of years he's got to get big balls and he's got to get out there and he's got to be a little bit more aggressive, and on the second serve [get] a little bit more heat.

"But he can do it."

Bollettieri says Tomic right now reminds him of a junior Miloslav Mecir, the Slovak-born 1980s great who used cunning and guile, rather than a power game, to work his opponents around the court.

"I don't think keeping the ball in play is going to win in the pros," Bollettieri said.

"He's got the shots but, in his mind, he gets into that playing like Mecir. But Mecir's style of play today would have a tough time.

"Mecir would have to add to it, so you've got to have a little bit more.

"Bernard's got a good attitude. He has a beautiful slice, great hands – sometimes too great. He's got a good serve; without using his legs, he's got a very good serve.

"I mean, for 17, you can't ask for much better than that.

"But he's got to be a little bit more offensive.

"I believe what he has to do now is, he has to bulk up a little tiny bit and realise what it takes to be a professional. When he gets 10 or 15 more pounds up above, that's going to make a big difference too."

Bollettieri said Tomic's fighting 4-6 7-5 6-1 US Open junior victory over American Alexander Domijan was a classic example of the gifted youngster playing too tentatively.

"When you're making the transition from the juniors to the pros, the way you play here, you will not make it as a pro," he said.

"Tomic, he also has to get more into the match, make some emotion – not negatively – but put your head up a little bit and show the guys on the other side of the net who you are."
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/News.asp ... ewsid=6196
"Zabrałem kiedyś Rafaela wraz z Pico Monaco na ryby. Pamiętam, że chłopcy niezwykle radowali się na myśl o spędzeniu w taki sposób tamtego poranka - lato miało się już ku końcowi i była to jedna z ostatni okazji, by złowić kilka moren przed zamknięciem sezonu. Przypominam sobie bardzo dokładnie moment, gdy Rafael próbował po raz pierwszy zarzucić swoją wędkę , siedząc na skraju barki. Samą czynność wykonał nienagannie - widać było gołym okiem, że chłopak ma do wędkarstwa talent i czerpie z niego wielką przyjemność. Mimo to nie omieszkałem zbliżyć się do mojego bratanka, po czym chwyciłem go dosyć łagodnie, acz pewnie za muskularne prawe ramię, którym to przed chwilą zarzucił energicznie żyłkę wraz ze spławikiem i rzekłem: 'Którą ręką Cię uczyłem?'" Toni Nadal, Życie moje
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

2010 w liczbach
Bilans spotkań: 4-6
Ranking: 208 (awans o 80 miejsc, w porównaniu z rokiem poprzednim)
Tytuły: 0
Finały: 0
Zarobki: $99,086
Awatar użytkownika
Wujek Toni

Post autor: Wujek Toni »

Playing Inside Out

Obrazek

Here’s a rally to consider. Feliciano Lopez cracks a forehand as hard as he can. Bernard Tomic, 18-year-old Australian mystery talent, casually picks it up off the Plexicushion on a short hop and floats it back. Lopez hits the same shot again, this time harder and more precisely placed toward the corner. Tomic lopes to his right and short-hops it back again. The ball seems to slow down as he swings. This time Lopez chips a backhand and comes to the net. Tomic lopes to his left and caresses a backhand pass crosscourt, past Lopez and an inch inside the sideline.

I’m sitting next to my friend Chris Clarey of the Herald-Tribune. This is the type of point we've come out to Hisense Arena this afternoon to see. “It’s the Mecir thing,” Chris says, referring to Czechoslovakia’s Miloslav Mecir, a famously stylish and original finesse player of the 1980s. “It’s like catnip for tennis writers.”

Bernard Tomic is tennis-writer’s darling. The term, if it were a real term and not one I just made up here, would refer to a player who brings something different to the court, who either elevates it with style or turns it inside out with originality. You would think, in an individual sport with so many varying and strong personalities, that these types of people would pop up every few months—every player has their own way of playing, after all. But they don’t come around all that often. Whether it was the serve-and-volley Big Game of the 1960s, or the power baseline game today, it’s hard to buck the tried and true, to play a game that hasn’t already been proven to work.

“I hit a lot of funky shots,” Tomic admits. “I like to make people miss.” It’s been that way since he started playing. The success he had with his funky game encouraged him to keep at it rather than switch to something more conventional. “I can hit hard,” he says, “but it’s not my game to hit hard.”

Tomic’s game, as Clarey noted, is reminiscent of Mecir’s. It’s also reminiscent of another tennis-writer’s darling and descendent of the bearded Czech maestro, Andy Murray. All three have great feel, hit their two-handed backhands with a deceptively soft and smooth swing, change speeds deftly, and like to work the ball around rather than end points from the middle of the court with their forehands.

But Tomic’s game is weirder than Murray’s. It’s almost perverse. He spends the majority of his time soft-balling, seemingly because that’s just what he enjoys doing. When he gets a forehand that he can drill, he might cup a short crosscourt slice instead. The shot doesn’t penetrate, and he ends up ceding ground back to his opponent, but it does do two things to his opponent. It keeps him guessing, and, if Tomic goes on to win the point, it irritates the hell out of him. After losing a point in which Tomic hit this shot today, Lopez gave the kid a sarcastic thumb’s up. “Nice work, you little so and so.”

It was nice work for Tomic today, who won in straight sets to reach his first Grand Slam third round and a Saturday night date with Rafael Nadal in Rod Laver Arena. Tomic not only annoyed Lopez, he played the big points better as well. He saved some of his best stuff for the tiebreakers; on set point in the first set, he unleashed the hardest backhand he had hit so far that afternoon. When he got down 0-3 in the second set, it looked for a second like Tomic might quit and hand that set over. He didn’t.

It’s fun, as a tennis-writer or spectator, to watch Tomic think. He never does exactly what you expect, and when he does, that’s even more surprising. He uses very little backswing and hits with his back straight up and down, both Mecir-esque qualities. His serve might be the funkiest shot of all. He hits it the way you might have taught a beginner to hit a serve in 1975, raising both arms straight up together. It’s a measure of Tomic’s timing that he can use this rudimentary motion to make the ball go 120 m.p.h.

The question is, and the question that Australian tennis has been asking for about five years now, is whether this style is more than just style. Can it do more than draw the aficionados? Can Tomic win?

As I said earlier, Roger Rasheed, Gael Monfils’ coach, doesn’t think funkiness will get it done. And sometimes Tomic’s off-speed stuff serves no purpose at all. He seems happy to hit a surprising shot, like a slice forehand, for its own sake, or rally with no discernible purpose. Tomic is very good at playing within himself, but he can cross into cute territory. The best touch players have always coupled that touch with something else: John McEnroe had his serve, Murray has his speed and his return. Tomic, whether he likes it or not, will have to compromise and hit the ball hard more than once per set. He already can do it if he wants.

Tomic maintains that there’s a method behind his game as it stands now. “The way I play, I catch a lot of guys out with not a lot of power,” Tomic says. “My strengths are, you know, I can find players' weaknesses really quickly. That’s what I’ve always been good at when I was young.”

Tomic has been a figure of controversy for years in Australia. He has a stage dad who has kept him out of competition for unexplained reasons, and he’s occasionally come across as an egomaniac in the making—as in when he reportedly refused to practice with Lleyton Hewitt because Hewitt “wasn’t good enough” (still love to imagine Rusty’s reaction when he heard that). Today you wouldn’t have known it. The fans were behind Tomic all the way, and during his press conference he appeared as fresh-faced as you would expect an 18-year-old to be after a big win at home.

Tomic still has the adolescent habit of stopping sentences early, right when the thought is done, and at the point where an adult would add a finishing touch (Sorry, I can’t explain it better; you’d know what I mean if you saw it.) But he was at his most open when he was asked about his thoughts on his next match. against Nadal.

Tomic said, “I think I’ll settle down in a day or two.”

“Is it excitement, or nervousness?”

A smile of recognition spread across Tomic’s face, as if he were realizing something for the first time. “It’s excitement, that what it is!”

Then the adolescent diffidence set back in. “He won't like my game. It’s an opportunity I’m going to take . . . I think.”

Tomic was then asked, since he says he's so good at finding players’ flaws, which one he would be looking for in Nadal.

He thought for a second. Then he sat back and laughed.
http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2011/01 ... -out-.html
"Zabrałem kiedyś Rafaela wraz z Pico Monaco na ryby. Pamiętam, że chłopcy niezwykle radowali się na myśl o spędzeniu w taki sposób tamtego poranka - lato miało się już ku końcowi i była to jedna z ostatni okazji, by złowić kilka moren przed zamknięciem sezonu. Przypominam sobie bardzo dokładnie moment, gdy Rafael próbował po raz pierwszy zarzucić swoją wędkę , siedząc na skraju barki. Samą czynność wykonał nienagannie - widać było gołym okiem, że chłopak ma do wędkarstwa talent i czerpie z niego wielką przyjemność. Mimo to nie omieszkałem zbliżyć się do mojego bratanka, po czym chwyciłem go dosyć łagodnie, acz pewnie za muskularne prawe ramię, którym to przed chwilą zarzucił energicznie żyłkę wraz ze spławikiem i rzekłem: 'Którą ręką Cię uczyłem?'" Toni Nadal, Życie moje
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

John McEnroe says Bernard Tomic can boost nation's tennis stocks

JOHN McEnroe says young gun Bernard Tomic has the potential to revive Australian tennis.

But he must weather pressure from not only his home nation but also his father, John Tomic, to do it, the former world No.1 says.

Tomic, 18, will be Australia's top-ranked male when the new standings are issued after Wimbledon. He will move to about world No.25.

Former world No.1 Lleyton Hewitt will slip to about 180 after his second-round exit.

Tomic won through to the third round, where he was due to face fifth-seed Robin Soderling overnight - the man who knocked out Hewitt - after overcoming Russian Igor Andreev 4-6 5-7 6-3 6-4 6-1.

McEnroe, who has practised with Tomic in the past, noted the young Australian's game was "unorthodox" but had the potential to go far if he could show the mental resolve.

"His game is unusual. He is a bit unorthodox. He'll throw up the pace and give you different looks, sort of what Andy Murray has successfully done," McEnroe said.

"Obviously there is a lot of hope and pressure on him, certainly his father has been someone who has put a lot of pressure on him as well.

"It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, but hopefully he'll make the type of progress that will spark Australian tennis.

McEnroe said while Hewitt's effort against Soderling was gallant, it showed the Australian was battling.

"He looks like he's got fire and desire and he played well. I mean, Soderling is five in the world," McEnroe said.

"His body just can't take the abuse, his hip is a major problem and when it rains it pours."

Pat Rafter believes Hewitt and Tomic will forge a strong working relationship ahead of next month's Davis Cup tie against China.

Hewitt and Tomic fell out over a practice court dispute two years ago but those tensions have thawed.

"Bernard and Lleyton saw each other today and they were all good," Rafter said. "They've always understood that this is Davis Cup, this is for Australia, and to do well we need to play together."

Rafter sat courtside as Tomic came from 0-2 down in the third set to win effortlessly against Andreev.

Rafter was particularly impressed with the Tomic's dominant fifth set.

"A win is a win. We'll take it," Rafter said. "The thing I liked about it is he was down a break in the third and two sets to love and he found a way of coming back and winning."

Andreev agreed Tomic had great potential.

"He played really, really well," the Russian said. '"He's a complete player, technically."

"Mentally, he's very good. He's a fighter and he defends very well."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni ... 6082001537
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Bernard Tomić po raz pierwszy w 1/4 turnieju wielkoszlemowego!

Obrazek

Australijski nastolatek pokonał w 3 setach Belga Xaviera Malisse'a i zagra po raz 1 w ćwierćfinale 1 z 4 największych turniejów tenisowych świata - Wimbledonie. Brawo! ;) Bernard w tegorocznej edycji Mistrzostw odniósł swoje największe zwycięstwo w dotychczasowej karierze. W meczu 3 rundy pokonał 5 tenisistę rankingu - Robina Soderlinga.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Tomic Youngest In Wimbledon QFs since 1986

Obrazek
Tomic cruised to victory over
Malisse in just 81 minutes.

Australian qualifier Bernard Tomic’s dream Wimbledon run continued Monday as he became the youngest man since Boris Becker in 1986 to reach the quarter-finals of The Championships. At the age of 18 years and 255 days, Tomic followed up his victory over World No. 5 Robin Soderling by dismissing 2002 semi-finalist Xavier Malisse 6-1, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.

"I never thought I'd be here the second week, especially in the quarter-finals," said Tomic. "What a feeling and what a tournament it's been for me. It's an unbelievable achievement. I've learnt a lot. It's a great honour to do it here in Wimbledon. I'm at a position now where I've never been happier. I'm looking forward to playing on Wednesday."

In a dominant display, the Gold Coast native committed just eight unforced errors and fired 37 winners. He broke Malisse’s serve four times from 11 opportunities and saved the two break points he faced as he cruised to victory in just 81 minutes. He is the first qualifier to reach the last eight at Wimbledon since Vladimir Voltchkov in 2000.

"Since quallies, I tried to play a little bit more relaxed than I'm used to," explained Tomic. "I've been doing that ever since I qualified. Now I found my game, where I need it be, and that's to have fun, relax out there, not play under pressure. I think now I really learnt the way I should play my game."

As a result of his Wimbledon performance, Tomic will now become the No. 1 Australian, taking over from Lleyton Hewitt who has held the national top spot since 17 May, 2004. The right-hander impressed in a third-round defeat to Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open in January and since then has posted strong results on the ATP Challenger Tour.

In the quarter-finals, Tomic will play World No. 2 Novak Djokovic, who defeated Michael Llodra 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.

"What a match it's going to be," declared Tomic. "To play against a guy like him that's No. 2 in the world, it doesn't get really better than that. He's obviously won Grand Slams before. My relationship's really good with him. I've hit with him a lot of times. He's a cool guy."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... lodra.aspx
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Wimbledon - Najmłodszy ćwierćfinalista od 25 lat! Bernard Tomić.

Bernard Tomić pokonał w trzech setach Xaviera Malisse i pewnie awansował do ćwierćfinału Wimbledonu. 18-letni Australijczyk jest najmłodszym tenisistą od 1986 i pierwszym kwalifikantem od 2000 roku, który w Londynie zaszedł tak daleko.

Sklasyfikowany na 158. miejscu listy ATP Tomić potrzebował zaledwie 81 minut do odprawienia 6:1, 7:5, 6:4 Malisse (42. ATP). Nie da się ukryć, że to właśnie za jego sprawą w percepcji obserwatorów na dalszy plan schodzą dotychczasowe dokonania Łukasza Kubota, z którym przygodę z tegorocznym Wimbledonem rozpoczynał w pierwszej rundzie eliminacji.

Ostatnim tenisistą, który w tak młodym wieku awansował do najlepszej ósemki w Londynie był ćwierć wieku temu Boris Becker. Ostatnim kwalifikantem był natomiast Władimir Wołczkow, którego sensacyjny marsz w 2000 roku został zakończony dopiero w półfinale przez Pete'a Samprasa. Potem o wyczynach Białorusina słychać już było niewiele.

Tomić tymczasem wydaje się mieć wszystko, co potrzebne, żeby zadomowić się na wysokich miejscach rankingu na dłużej. Ten nastoletni tenisista występem w Wimbledonie zdołał już pozbawić Lleytona Hewitta utrzymywanego przez 11 lat miana najwyżej sklasyfikowanego na liście ATP Australijczyka. W następnej rundzie Tomić zagra z rozstawionym z dwójką Novakiem Djokoviciem. Według fachowców, nie będzie w tym pojedynku na straconej pozycji, jeśli tylko podejdzie do niego z takim samym pozbawionym lęku nastawieniem, jakie prezentował do tej pory w Londynie.

W meczu z narzekającym na jakość posiadanych rakiet Malisse, Australijczyk kompletnie nie był przerażony stawką i bezwzględnie wykorzystywał błędy rywala. Ci, którzy śledzą tenisa od więcej niż dwóch dekad, potrafili dopatrzeć się w jego uderzeniach charakterystycznego dla Johna McEnroe delikatnego niskiego slice'owego beckhandu oraz potężnego nurkującego woleja z kolekcji Borisa Beckera.

- Nie sądziłem, że będę tutaj w drugim tygodniu turnieju - powiedział po meczu Tomić, który w pierwszej rundzie kwalifikacji przegrywał przy własnym serwisie z Sabastienem Rieschickiem 15:40 przy stanie 4:4 w decydującym secie. Australijczyk odrobił straty, wygrał, a potem w eliminacjach pokonał jeszcze dwóch rywali. W turnieju głównym ograł Nikolaja Dawidienko, żeby w drugiej rundzie odrobić dwa sety i przełamanie z Igorem Andrejewem. W trzeciej rundzie nadspodziewanie gładko pokonał w trzech setach Robina Soderlinga.

- W drugiej rundzie przegrywałem do zera po dwóch setach i było 2:0 dla mojego rywala. Sprawy nie wyglądały wtedy dla mnie najlepiej. Mój przeciwnik miał wszystko pod kontrolą, ale to tylko pokazuje, że jeśli walczysz, wszystko może się odwrócić.

- Teraz odnalazłem swoją grę na nowo. Cieszę się nią, na korcie potrafię być zrelaksowany, nie wywieram na sobie presji w przeciwieństwie do tego, co było jakieś sześć miesięcy temu, kiedy grałem bardziej defensywnie - wyjaśnił sensacyjny, najmłodszy od 25 lat ćwierćfinalista Wimbledonu.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/wimbledon ... tory.shtml
Awatar użytkownika
Barty
Administrator

Post autor: Barty »

Krzysztof Rawa, w swoim artykule, podał kilka ciekawostek dotyczących wczesnego życia Bernarda. Chyba warto je tu przytoczyć. ;)
Bernard Tomic był najmniej znanym ćwierćfinalistą, ale podkreślano, że jak na 18 lat i 251 dni życia umie dużo, tak młodo na trawie wygrywali tylko Boris Becker, John McEnroe i Bjoern Borg. Ostatnim nastolatkiem w tej fazie turnieju był Federer, dziesięć lat temu.

Kariera chłopaka, który urodził się w Stuttgarcie – płynie w nim krew bałkańska (chorwacka po ojcu, bośniacka po mamie) – i od trzeciego roku życia jest obywatelem Australii, przebiega dynamicznie, dowodem są tytuły w turniejach Orange Bowl oraz zwycięstwa w juniorskich Australian Open (2008) i US Open (2009).
Rodzina na cudzym

W przerwach między sukcesami rodzina Tomiców (karierę syna prowadzi ojciec Ivica) burzyła krew australijskim działaczom, bo zdarzało się, że zdolny chłopak schodził z kortu bez wyraźnej przyczyny, kłócił się z sędziami albo odmawiał treningów z Lleytonem Hewittem, mówiąc, że to za słaby partner.

Gdy karano go dyskwalifikacjami i odmową przyznania dzikich kart, Ivica Tomic groził startami syna w barwach Chorwacji, mówiąc, że na antypodach czuje się jak rodzina na cudzym, nie swoim gruncie.

Waśnie zatarł czas, Bernard ponoć zmądrzał i był w stanie trochę postraszyć Djokovicia. Choć do półfinału nie awansował, można śmiało zakładać, że jego rewolwerowy forhend kiedyś go tam wprowadzi. Djoković – Tsonga to pierwsza para półfinałowa. Na drugą typy były żelazne: Nadal i Murray. Zostały potwierdzone czynami.
http://www.rp.pl/artykul/60574,681050-J ... rerem.html
Tytuły (27):
2023: Wiedeń 2022: Miami, Astana, Bazylea, WTF Turyn 2021: Monte Carlo, Madryt, Winston-Salem 2019: Newport, US Open, 2018: Brisbane, Quito, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Roland Garros, 2017: Auckland, Waszyngton, Shenzen, 2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros, 2013: US Open, 2012: Nicea, 2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Finały (36):
2024: Brisbane, Cordoba, Estoril 2023: Auckland, Rotterdam, Dubaj, Barcelona 2022: Rotterdam, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Rzym, Newport, Hamburg, Gijon 2021: Monachium, Rzym, 2020: Rzym, Antwerpia, 2019: Rotterdam, Rzym, Roland Garros, 2018: Halle, 2017: Stuttgart, 2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea, 2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn, 2014: Doha, 2013: Cincinnati, 2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm, 2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Awatar użytkownika
Robertinho

Post autor: Robertinho »

Bernard Tomic jets off to Monte Carlo

Obrazek

Bernard Tomic headed straight to the airport bound for Monte Carlo after losing to Novak Djokovic. Getty Images
BERNARD Tomic is believed to be setting up a new base in Europe's playground of the rich and famous - Monte Carlo.
The Queenslander flew to Monte Carlo after his Wimbledon quarter-final defeat clasping the largest prizemoney cheque of his short career - $210,000.

Tomic, 18, would not reveal why he would take the unusual step of flying to Monaco after losing to world No. 2 Novak Djokovic and then travelling back 36 hours later to join the Australian Davis Cup training camp in London.
"I'm flying to Monte Carlo I'll be back on Friday," he said.
Asked why he was headed to Monte Carlo, he smiled and said: "I have a few things I have to do there."
Tomic has lived most of his life on the Gold Coast, apart from extended stints while training in Florida.

Most Australian professionals have used an overseas base at some stage of their career.
Lleyton Hewitt (Bahamas), Pat Rafter (Bermuda) and Mark Woodforde (Monte Carlo) have all used tax havens at various stages of their careers.
The main reason is to cut down on travel, with the majority of the circuit being played in north America and Europe.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni ... 6084556226
Czołem Uśmiechniętej Polsce!
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Introducing Bernard Tomic

Australian teenager Bernard Tomic isn’t exactly new to the tennis world. The youngster has long made headlines in the Australian press. When he was a kid, there was a lot of talk about his potential as the future of Australian tennis. But as he got older, stories turned to his on-court behavior, which included an arsenal of infractions for various offenses and even once a short ban for refusing to play a match after a dispute at the Sorrento Challenger.

Now, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find the story surrounding the ban just the tiniest bit amusing. How could I not? Without getting into the gory details, Tomic was ordered off-court by his father after the elder Tomic got into a heated argument with officials over some alleged un-penalized foot faults "perpetrated" by opponent Marinko Matosevic. In the middle of the match. It had all the makings of a seedy daytime drama. Alas, Tennis Australia was not as amused as I was.

Be that as it may, I think it’s about time Tomic made headlines for something positive. That young man can play tennis. And in the world of ATP tennis, where many players think that the only way to win is to hit the ball as hard as they can, Tomic’s crafty game is refreshing and offers a fascinating contrast to the likes of Juan Martin Del Potro and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (not that there is anything wrong with DelPo or Tsonga).

Having only seen Tomic play a total of about 5 times, I’m not qualified to offer a full discourse on the ins and outs of his game. But what I’ve seen is enough to tell me that there is some strategy behind his seemingly slow ground strokes. Brilliant strategy even. With most of the men’s game dedicated to blasting away from the baseline, Tomic has taken the opposite approach.

At first glance, he looks as though he’s incapable of hitting the ball hard. It comes off his racket and seems to float lazily to his opponent’s side of the court. Except strangely it always seems to land deep. The brilliance, of course, is that those big hitters are then forced to generate ALL of their own pace. One only need watch Tomic’s match against Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon quarters to see what I mean.

Djokovic was forced to take much bigger swipes at the ball to get anywhere near the kind of power he’s used to generating. And to Djokovic’s frustration, Tomic proved perfectly capable of hitting big...he just refused to do so unless he was poised to hit a clean winner. The Serb ended up winning in 4, but not before he got a taste of Tomic’s brand of opportunistic, strategic tennis designed to make his opponent play badly. Nole will surely take the win, but you can bet he was miserable doing it. And tired.

Tomic has potential coming out of his ears. Watch for him to make some real noise in the ATP.
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/blog/Chery ... nard_Tomic
Awatar użytkownika
Jacuszyn

Post autor: Jacuszyn »

Bernard Tomic: 'Myślę, że stać mnie na wygranie Szlema w ciągu najbliższych 2 lat'.
Bernard Tomic wants to win Slam

WIMBLEDON, England -- Bernard Tomic has never been short of confidence. And his performance at Wimbledon showed why.

In January, the teen told an Australian newspaper that he was sure he would be the world's top-ranked player one day. At that point, he was 17 and had won one tour-level match.

At 18, he is a Wimbledon quarterfinalist and after losing 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 to second-seeded Novak Djokovic, he said his next step is to win a Grand Slam title.

"I definitely think I have the game ... to win a major in the next hopefully two years," Tomic said.

Tomic gave Djokovic a scare on Wednesday. The No. 158-ranked Australian, a regular hitting partner of the Serb, hooked a spectacular forehand winner onto the baseline to level the match at one set all.

He led by a break at 3-1 in the third set but faltered for the first time when he dropped serve in the sixth game and Djokovic reeled off seven games in a row to take the set and a 2-0 lead in the fourth.

"I had my chances," Tomic said. "If I was a little smarter, I probably would have done the opposite of what I did. I was just a little bit relaxed. Obviously when I relax I played better.

"It was a bad idea. I wasn't at the same focus level as I was to win the second set," he said.

Tomic threatened another revival when he leveled the fourth set at 2-2. Djokovic showed his relief at breaking again at 5-5 when he turned to the crowd and let out a huge roar.

"I can't say I played great, but I think you have to give him credit," Djokovic said. "He was playing some really great shots, great rallies. He was making me work very hard."

Tomic, who was the youngest player in the draw at Wimbledon after coming through qualifying, is set to improve his ranking from No. 158 to around No. 72, replacing Lleyton Hewitt as the Australian No. 1.

His run at Wimbledon has given him much grander ambitions. Only Boris Becker, John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg have reached the quarterfinals here at a younger age.

"It's something that you really think about and makes you wonder what can you be in life and how many tournaments and Grand Slams you can win," Tomic said. "But to be mentioned amongst those people and those greats is truly good."

Tomic is still coached by his father, John, but Goran Ivanisevic's former coach Mario Tudor and fitness trainer Josko Silic are now part of his team.

Ivanisevic and Australia's Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter sat next to each other on Court 1 to watch Tomic in action. Tomic said Ivanisevic told him: "Look, if you don't win it this time, you'll win it one day."

Djokovic, who said after Tomic's first-round win over Nikolay Davydenko that the Australian could be the surprise of the tournament, congratulated Tomic at the net as they shook hands. He then joined with the rest of Court 1 in applauding the teen's performance.

"I'm sure if he continues this way," Djokovic said. "He's going to be a top player very soon."
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis ... id=6716891
MTT:
Singles W(18): Kuala Lumpur 09, Memphis 10, Eastbourne 10, World Tour Finals 10, Cincinnati 12, Auckland 14, Sydney 16, Quito 17, Buenos Aires 17, Halle 17, Umag 17, Auckland 18, Eastbourne 19, Geneva 22, Auckland 23, Washington 23, Paris 23, Miami 24
Singles F(15): Metz 09, Basel 09, Johannesburg 10, Stuttgart 10, Toronto 10, Valencia 10, San Jose 11, Buenos Aires 16, Miami 17, Tokyo 17, IO Tokyo 20, Tokyo 23, Montpellier 24, Buenos Aires 24, Monte Carlo 24
Doubles W (5): Roland Garros 11, US Open 11, Monte Carlo 23, Toronto 23, World Tour Finals 23
Art

Post autor: Art »

Byłe gwiazdy o Tomiciu:

Goran Ivanisević:
"Of course Bernard can win a grand slam," Ivanisevic said.
"It depends on him but I think he's gonna be top 10. I will be very shocked if he doesn't make top 10.
"After that, it depends on him. He can do whatever he wants if he works hard. He has a good team around him, he's done a great job and this is an unbelievable thing for Australia after Lleyton Hewitt.
"I think he should be proud of himself for this performance against Djokovic. He's going to improve by playing matches like this.
"This match shows he can play with the top guys. He was 3-1 up in the third, then he went somewhere for 5-6 games. Then he came back.
"If he won the fourth set, everything is open."
Jewgienij Kafielnikow:
Russian Kafelnikov says Tomic has all the elements to succeed, including tactical intelligence and physical strength. "The kid is physically very strong, which is a huge criteria in these days if you want to play at a high level," Kafelnikov said.
"He's got good technique, good understanding of how to play.
"If he stays on the right course I'm sure, if he's got the proper mindset and proper people around him, he'll do OK. He'll make top 30 without a question. He's a big kid with a great physical ability.
"He can set the target even higher. Top 20, top 10, easily."
Cedric Pioline:
"He's already a very good player, even if I think Djokovic is a little bit tired with all the matches he's played since the beginning of the year," Pioline said.
"But still, the way he played, he was really calm. He had a really good strategy, good shots and waiting for the right ball to try to make a shot on.
Źródło: telegraph.co.uk
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 68
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Bernard Tomić, w swojej bogatej karierze juniorskiej, wygrał 8 turniejów. Najważniejsze z nich to juniorskie imprezy wielkoszlemowe (2):
1. Australia Australian Open 2008
2. US Open 2009

Na 'dorosłym' szczeblu Bernard zwyciężał 2 razy w turniejach rangi challenger:
1. Melbourne 2009
2. Burnie 2010

Najlepsze wyniki w WS:
AO - 3 runda
RG - 1 runda
Wim - 1/4 finału
USO - 2 runda kwalifikacji
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

TOMIC SIGNS UP FOR HOMETOWN EVENT IN BRISBANE

Wimbledon quarter-finalist and hometown hero, Bernard Tomic, confirmed today that he will start his tennis year in Queensland.

The World No. 68 has enjoyed a quick post-Wimbledon break at home on the Gold Coast and said he was looking forward to starting his Australian summer campaign at the Brisbane International.

“January's coming and that's Australian Open and Brisbane International time,” Tomic said. “You want to get here [Brisbane] before and prepare.

“I haven't won a round yet in Brisbane, in the last three years, and if I can push and play well early in Brisbane... get some confidence before I lead into the Australian Open, I think it will be a really big benefit me for the 2012 Australian Open.

Buy Tickets

“Brisbane is a great tournament for me, I love playing there. It's my favourite place to play. Hopefully I can do well here, in Australia and in the future.”

Brisbane International Tournament Director Cameron Pearson said he was looking forward to welcoming the Gold Coast teenager to Brisbane in 2012.

“It’s a real coup to have Australia’s latest rising star, Bernard Tomic, commit to the Brisbane International,” Pearson said.

“Bernard’s achievements last month at Wimbledon were nothing short of sensational. He became the youngest Grand Slam quarter-finalist since Boris Becker in 1986 and only the fifth qualifier to reach the last eight of a Grand Slam during the Open era.

“He managed to upset this year’s Brisbane International champion and World No.5 Robin Soderling, former No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko, Xavier Malisse (No.41) and had eventual champion and World No.1 Novak Djokovic under enormous pressure in his quarter-final loss.

“At the Australian Open Bernard held his own against Rafael Nadal after upsetting Feliciano Lopez (No.24) and Jeremy Chardy (No.58).

“Add to that he is a Queensland boy and Australia’s current No.1 men’s tennis player and he is the perfect first men’s announcement for the Brisbane International. I look forward to welcoming him in 2012 and have no doubt his home crowd will get behind him this coming January.”

The Djokovic and Tomic contest at Wimbledon was billed as the most significant for Australian men’s tennis since Lleyton Hewitt’s 2005 Australian Open final against Marat Safin.

He was the first 18-year-old to reach the final eight at the event since 1990 when Goran Ivanisevic, his hero growing up, made it to the semi-finals.

The Gold Coast teenager is the seventh Australian to reach the quarter-finals of Wimbledon in the past 25 years joining Hewitt, Mark Philippoussis, Patrick Rafter, Todd Woodbridge, Jason Stoltenberg and Pat Cash, who all reached semi-finals or better.

Tomic is currently ranked No. 68 in the world and is only one of two teenagers in the Top 100. He flies out on Monday morning for the North American summer circuit, culminating with the US Open where he will play in the main draw for the first time as a Top 100 player.

The Brisbane International commenced in 2009 with world-class talent including Djokovic, Andy Roddick and Soderling competing over the past three years.

Prize money for this combined ATP/WTA tour event will increase to USD$1.1million in 2012, a 63 per cent increase, then to USD$1.55 million in 2013.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... firms.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Bernard Tomic pumped for US Open campaign

Obrazek

BUOYED by his Wimbledon odyssey, Bernard Tomic leaves for America believing anything's possible at the upcoming US Open.

The season's final grand slam gets underway in four weeks and the 2008 US Open junior champion can't wait for his Big Apple encore following his head-turning run to the last eight at the All England Club.

"I love playing there in New York," Tomic told AAP today.

"The conditions and the courts really suit me - the ball stays pretty low and it's not too fast - so I think I can do really good at the Open if I get a good draw.

"What I have to do is stay fit and healthy over the next month and have a good preparation with those lead-up tournaments."

Tomic, one of only two teenagers in the world's top 100, will contest Masters Series events in Montreal and Cincinnati before completing his Open build-up in North Carolina.

Having won seven straight matches to reach the Wimbledon quarter-finals from qualifying, the 18-year-old shooting star is refusing to set a goal for his Flushing Meadows main draw debut.

Tomic said stretching eventual champion and newly-crowned world No.1 Novak Djokovic to four tight sets at Wimbledon only enhanced his belief he was a grand slam winner in the making.

"Knowing now that you're only a few matches away from winning a slam and even seeing Novak win Wimbledon after that is something that makes you say to yourself that you could do it one day if you work hard," he said.

"I think it's there. I think I have the capabilities of playing well and winning slams in the future.

"It's just a matter of when it happens, when I'm physically there.

"In the next year or two, I think there's a lot more improvement that I can work on to be like Novak and Rafa and Roger and to be at the stage where they are now."

After opening 2011 ranked No.208, Tomic has soared to a career-high 68th and, with no points to defend, is sure to climb even higher before the season is over.

"My aim this year was to crack the top 100 and I did that in eight days at Wimbledon, so I'm happy," he said.

"The new goal is definitely to try to break the top 30, 40 by the end of the year.

"Hopefully if I stay healthy, I feel I've got a good shot."

Tomic also confirmed on Sunday that he would open his 2012 season at the Brisbane International from January 1-8.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni ... 6105441121
Awatar użytkownika
Barty
Administrator

Re: Bernard Tomic

Post autor: Barty »

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 61
Tytuły (27):
2023: Wiedeń 2022: Miami, Astana, Bazylea, WTF Turyn 2021: Monte Carlo, Madryt, Winston-Salem 2019: Newport, US Open, 2018: Brisbane, Quito, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Roland Garros, 2017: Auckland, Waszyngton, Shenzen, 2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros, 2013: US Open, 2012: Nicea, 2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Finały (36):
2024: Brisbane, Cordoba, Estoril 2023: Auckland, Rotterdam, Dubaj, Barcelona 2022: Rotterdam, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Rzym, Newport, Hamburg, Gijon 2021: Monachium, Rzym, 2020: Rzym, Antwerpia, 2019: Rotterdam, Rzym, Roland Garros, 2018: Halle, 2017: Stuttgart, 2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea, 2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn, 2014: Doha, 2013: Cincinnati, 2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm, 2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Awatar użytkownika
Samurray

Re: Bernard Tomic

Post autor: Samurray »

Tomic to receive Rafter support during US Open

Bernard Tomic is hoping to make use of the wealth of experience possessed by Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter during the US Open later this month.

Tomic has been threatening to make a big breakthrough for several years now and the abundantly talented teenager did just that at Wimbledon, becoming the youngest quarter-finalist since Boris Becker and beating Robin Soderling in the process.

It took him up to a career high of 71 in the world and he's gunning for more success at Flushing Meadows where another good run could push him into the top 50.

Rafter won two US Open titles during his career, back in 1997 and 1998 and Tomic feels he is the perfect man to help him fine tune his game for the hard courts of New York.

"I'm looking forward to seeing him again at the US Open," Tomic told Australian media. "We get along great. He's become a friend and we've built a relationship outside the Davis Cup. I'm on the right track the way I'm trying to play, and Pat will only help. I know I've got a lot more improving to do."

Tomic has not had much success at the US Open in the past, losing in the first round of qualifying last year but this has been a breakthrough season for him and after testing both Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic in the slams, he feels there is much more to come.

"The conditions and the courts (in New York) really suit me, the ball stays pretty low and it's not too fast. I think I can do really well if I get a good draw," he enthused.
http://www.live-tennis.com/category/Ten ... 108030032/
I can cry like Roger, just a shame I can't play like him. AM
ODPOWIEDZ