Sezon 2011 - grudniowe dyskusje/podsumowania

Obrazek
Anula

Re: Sezon 2011 - grudniowe dyskusje

Post autor: Anula »

Joao pisze:Pal licho czy jakiś gagatek z Szwajcarii czy inszego lenna dominuje czy zbiera w cztery litery. Ja chcę w następnym sezonie zobaczyć coś konkretnego, a nie przebijankę. No proszę was nie gloryfiukjmy tego czegoś co pozostało z tenisa, tych martwych zgliszczy.
Zawsze możesz obejrzeć mecze deblowe. :P ;)
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Właśnie się zastanawiam czy w następnym roku zobaczę Novaka opierającego ręce na kolanach i sapiącego głęboko po kolejnej morderczej wymianie z Rafaelem. Czy znów ujrzę ten jego zmęczony wzrok. Czy zobaczę jego słynne przysiady mające uzdrowić chore kolana.

Czy Nadal znów będzie wydzielać ogromne ilości potu i będzie wyglądać jak niedźwiadek polarny podczas lata. Całą jego postać, każdy centymetr ciała będzie pokrywać warstwa przezroczystej substancji. Czy będzie mi dane zaobserwować te trzy zmarszczki powstające na hiszpańskim czole podczas serwisu.

Murray i ten jego zniechęcony wzrok, jakby grał za karę. Biedny człowiek zbyt zależny od matki. Powinien jak najszybciej zerwać tę toksyczną pępowinę i poszukać radości życia. I jeszcze te oczekiwania angielskich mediów i kibiców. Chyba pora zrzucić z siebie ten syzyfowy ciężar.

I na koniec Federer. Ten to sprawia wrażenie zniechęconego, ale to tylko zasłona dymna. Jemu się chce bardziej od innych, ale niestety chcieć nie zawsze zamienia się w móc. Te trzy zmarszczki na czole podczas odbioru serwisu, ten zacięty wyraz twarzy są tego dobrym przykładem.
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

BIGGEST UPSETS OF THE YEAR - NOS. 3-5

ATPWorldTour.com reviews the Top 5 upsets of the year, beginning with Nos. 5-3.

5. Milos Raonic d. Fernando Verdasco, 7-6(6), 7-6(5), San Jose Final

Obrazek
Milos Raonic overturned then-World No. 9 Fernando
Verdasco to win his first ATP World Tour title in San Jose.

The signs were there that Milos Raonic was set to announce himself in a big way when he upset World No. 10 Mikhail Youzhny to reach the fourth round of the Australian Open in January. The 20-year-old Canadian fulfilled that promise with a scintillating run the following month in San Jose that culminated in victory in the final over then-World No. 9 Fernando Verdasco.

Raonic did not drop a set in his three matches to reach the final, and exhibited great poise and big match temperament to hold his nerve and edge the vastly more experienced Verdasco in two tie-break sets in the final. He faced down four set points as he rallied from a 2-6 deficit to clinch the first set breaker, and was always in control in the second set decider to claim victory on his third match point.

While defending champion and top seed Verdasco was contesting his 14th tour-level final, the No. 84-ranked Raonic, who had started the year at World No. 156, was appearing in just his eighth tour-level main draw and became the first Canadian in 16 years to win an ATP World Tour title.

"It’s been amazing... I came here and had probably my best week," declared Raonic. "I can’t stop smiling. I’m happy about it and I hope I can keep it going more than six weeks into the full year schedule and see where I am at the end of the year."

Success in San Jose proved to be the catalyst for Raonic, who reached the Memphis final a week later after beating Verdasco (in a third-set tie-break) in the first round. He finished the year at No. 31 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, earning him the ATP World Tour Newcomer of the Year Award presented by Moët & Chandon.

4. Alex Bogomolov Jr. d. Andy Murray, 6-1, 7-5, Miami 2nd RD

Obrazek

Two years earlier Alex Bogomolov Jr., had thought he would not play tennis again after undergoing wrist surgery, but victory over then-World No. 5 Andy Murray in the second round of the Sony Ericsson Open gave the Russian the ignition he needed to go on and enjoy a career-best season on the ATP World Tour.

Then 27 years old, Bogomolov Jr., went into the clash with Murray as a qualifier ranked World No. 118, but he stunned the Scot in straight sets to record the biggest win of his career. A combination of his steady play and Murray’s inability to settle saw Bogomolov Jr., race to a 4-0 lead before securing the opener. The right-hander squandered a 5-3 advantage in the second set as Murray staged a late fightback, but the Scot faltered on serve again in the 12th game and Bogomolov Jr., converted his first match point.

"Coming back from injuries, from my surgery [two years ago], was definitely something special, as well, because I didn't think I was going to play tennis again," said Bogomolov Jr. "So to get the first win after that was big."

And the Russian proved it was no fluke as he went on to compile a 27-21 match record, eclipsing the total number of matches he’d won on the ATP World Tour prior to this season (21-40 record from 2002-’10). Having started the year at World No. 166 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, Bogomolov Jr., finished 2011 at a career-high No. 33 and earned the ATP World Tour Most Improved Player of the Year Award.

3. Kei Nishikori d. Novak Djokovic, 2-6, 7-6(4), 6-0, Basel SF

Obrazek

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic had lost just three matches all season and was bidding to reach his 12th tour-level final of the year when he stumbled against an inspired Kei Nishikori, the then-World No. 32 who, two weeks earlier, had reached his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 semi-final in Shanghai.

The 24-year-old Djokovic was looking good to secure his 68th win of what had been a phenomenal season when he clinched the first set in 36 minutes. The Serb then fought back from a break down in the second set and was two points from victory when leading 0/30 on Nishikori’s serve at 4-5. The Japanese player dug his heels in, though, forced a tie-break and managed to level the match.

The third set belonged to the 21-year-old wild card. He broke Djokovic three times and won 80 per cent of his service points to complete the upset in two hours and 16 minutes, becoming the first Japenese player on the ATP World Tour to defeat a World No. 1.

"It feels great. I was missing too much in the first set, but at the end of the second set, I started playing well," said Nishikori, who was just the sixth player to win a set 6-0 against Djokovic on the ATP World Tour, and first since Mardy Fish achieved the feat in a second-round loss to Djokovic at Indian Wells in 2010.

Nishikori went on to lose to Roger Federer in the final, but made history as the highest-ever ranked Japanese male player at World No. 24 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on 7 November.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -To-5.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Nie było w tym roku mega sensacji, choćby tych na wzór porażki Nadala z Soderlingiem czy takiej, jaką mogłaby być eliminacja Federera przez Fallę. ATP trochę poszło na skróty i okroiło temat niespodzianek do 5. :P

Jak tenisowe wakacje mijają? :P
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Joao

DUN I LOVE pisze:Jak tenisowe wakacje mijają? :P
Bądź błogosławiony błogi odpoczynku :ok: .
Anula

DUN I LOVE pisze: Jak tenisowe wakacje mijają? :P
Na oglądaniu ulubionych meczyków z ostatnich paru lat. ;-D
Joao

Anula pisze: Na oglądaniu ulubionych meczyków z ostatnich paru lat. ;-D
A może zdradzisz jakie to meczyki :P ?
Anula

Joao pisze:...A może zdradzisz jakie to meczyki :P ?
Czemu nie. ;) :P Na przykład, te:
Nadal-Federer Rzym 2006
Nadal-Federer RG 2005
Nadal-Federer AO 2009
Nadal-Verdasco AO 2009
Nadal-Federer Wimbledon 2008
Moya-Hewitt AO 2001
Ostatnio zmieniony 08 gru 2011, 20:57 przez Anula, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

Anula pisze: Nadal-Federer AO 2008
Nadal-Verdasco AO 2008
W 2008 Tsonga nas obił :(
MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
Bizon

Post autor: Bizon »

No właśnie, patrząc na te niespodzianki sami widzimy jakie mamy interesujące i zaskakujące rozgrywki. Gdzie tam niespodzianki 2011, zakwalifikowałbym wyżej wymienione pojedynki do rubryki "największe sensacje tenisa w XXI wieku".

Verdasco jest w stanie przegrać absolutnie z każdym jeżeli osiągnie swoje apogeum kontuzji mózgu, Murray leczył kaca po finale AO do turnieju w Rzymie, a Djokovic ledwo dyszał od zakończenia US Open.
MTT GOAT, 144 weeks #1, 2010, 2011, 2012 Year-end no. 1
W: LA 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11, Cincinnati 11, Paryż-Bercy 11, Monte Carlo 12, Tokio 12, Dusseldorf 14
F: Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, LA 10, Memphis 11, Waszyngton 11, Montreal 11, Szanghaj 12, WTF 12, Madryt 14
Anula

robpal pisze:
Anula pisze: Nadal-Federer AO 2008
Nadal-Verdasco AO 2008
W 2008 Tsonga nas obił :(
Poprawione. Oczywiście, rok 2009. ;)
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Bizon pisze:No właśnie, patrząc na te niespodzianki sami widzimy jakie mamy interesujące i zaskakujące rozgrywki. Gdzie tam niespodzianki 2011, zakwalifikowałbym wyżej wymienione pojedynki do rubryki "największe sensacje tenisa w XXI wieku".

Verdasco jest w stanie przegrać absolutnie z każdym jeżeli osiągnie swoje apogeum kontuzji mózgu, Murray leczył kaca po finale AO do turnieju w Rzymie, a Djokovic ledwo dyszał od zakończenia US Open.
Poczekaj na nr. 1 i 2. :D

BIGGEST UPSETS OF THE YEAR - TOP 2

Obrazek
Donald Young claimed the biggest
scalp of his career when he upended
Andy Murray in Indian Wells.

1. Donald Young d. Andy Murray, 7-6(4), 6-3, Indian Wells 2nd RD

Then-ranked World No. 143, Donald Young pulled off an astonishing upset of then-No. 5-ranked Andy Murray in the second round of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

With the Scot still reeling from defeat in his third Grand Slam final at the Australian Open (l. to Djokovic), Young took full advantage to claim the biggest scalp of his career and would go on to make a significant climb in the South African Airways ATP Rankings during the year.

Having qualified into the main draw, Young recorded just his second tour-level win of the year to set up the clash with Murray, and broke the Dunblane native four times as he wrapped up the unlikely victory in one hour and 34 minutes. The highest-ranked player Young had previously beaten was a 32nd-ranked Feliciano Lopez in 2008 at the same stage of the year’s first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament.

"I'd been in this position a couple of times with a few players and had not won the match," reflected Young. "I just told myself this time I was going to see it through and not let the nerves get the best of me."

The American, now 22, went on to put together a career-best season, highlighted by reaching his first final at the PTT Thailand Open in Bangkok – where Murray reaped his revenge – and defeating World No. 14 Stanislas Wawrinka en route to the US Open fourth round, also falling to Murray. He finished the year a career-high World No. 39 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, 88 places higher than his starting position.

2. Ivan Dodig d. Rafael Nadal, 1-6, 7-6(5), 7-6(5), Montreal 2nd RD

Obrazek

Five weeks after finishing runner-up to Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon final, Rafael Nadal was rocked on his return to action as he was beaten by World No. 41 Ivan Dodig in his opening match at the Rogers Cup in Montreal.

It was the Spaniard’s earliest defeat at an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament since falling to Juan Carlos Ferrero in the second round of the 2008 Internazionali BNL d’Italia.

The Spaniard squandered a 6-1, 3-1 lead and also served for the match at 5-3 in the third set, but was unable to close out victory against the tenacious Dodig, who clinched the improbable victory in a deciding third-set tie-break.

"I had to close the match with the 5-3 [lead] in the third set. I had to close that match probably in the second when I was playing very well, 6-1, 3-1," lamented Nadal.

The result marked the biggest win of Dodig’s career. The on-the-rise Croatian had more than halved his South African Airways ATP Ranking since the start of the year, helped by winning his first ATP World Tour title at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors (d. Berrer), and would go on to reach a career-high World No. 32 in October.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Year.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
Robertinho

Post autor: Robertinho »

No to się Murray postarał. :D
Czołem Uśmiechniętej Polsce!
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

TOP COMEBACKS OF THE YEAR - NOS. 3-5

ATPWorldTour.com reviews the Top 5 comebacks of the year, beginning with Nos. 3-5.

5. Robin Soderling d. Lleyton Hewitt, 6-7(5), 3-6, 7-5, 6-4, 6-4, Wimbledon 2nd RD

Obrazek
Robin Soderling came back from a
two-sets deficit for the third time
in his career.

Lleyton Hewitt had to feel good about his chances after jumping out to a 7-6(5), 6-3 lead against World No. 5 Robin Soderling at Wimbledon. The former World No. 1 had established a two-sets lead 94 times in Grand Slam competition and won all but one of those matches, his sole loss coming to Tommy Robredo at Roland Garros back in 2003.

Soderling, meanwhile, had battled back from a two-sets deficit twice before, most recently in 2005 at Roland Garros. “I tried not to think about the scoreline,” he said. “Instead, I tried to keep looking forward. I know I was playing pretty well. I served well. And if I could just start to move a little bit better, start to return a little bit better than the first two sets, I knew I had a good chance.”

Two games away from defeat at 5-5 in the third set, Soderling broke Hewitt for the first time to begin his comeback, and he broke the Australian at the end of a tight fourth set to level the match.

Hewitt fought to regain the momentum with a service break in the third game of the fifth set, but his retaliation would be short lived as Soderling immediately levelled. The Swede broke Hewitt to love in the 10th game to close out the dramatic victory in just under four hours.

4. Andy Murray d. Viktor Troicki, 4-6, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5, Roland Garros 4th RD

Obrazek

Andy Murray had torn a tendon in his right ankle during his third-round match at Roland Garros, and looked troubled when he confronted Viktor Troicki for a quarter-final spot a couple days later. After losing five straight games to start the match and four straight to end the second, he surrendered his serve for a sixth time to give Troicki a 2-1 lead in the third.

But the match proved to be far from over. The British No. 1 immediately broke back, had his ankle re-taped and fought to draw level at two-sets apiece before darkness suspended play Monday night.

When the pair resumed the match Tuesday afternoon, Troicki was once again first out the blocks. He broke Murray in the sixth game and held the match on his racquet in the ninth game. However, tight shots crept into the Serb’s game at 5-3, 30/0 and Murray took full advantage to strike back. The Scot reeled off a total of five straight games from 2-5 down to claim victory after three hours and 26 minutes.

The match was also notable for a rare incident in the sixth game of the final set. Believing that the point was over after an out-of-position Murray threw up a defensive lob, a ballboy charged onto the court as Troicki put away an easy smash on top of the net, forcing umpire Pascal Maria to call for the point to be replayed. Murray won the replayed point but Troicki still broke serve for a 4-2 lead.

“Today, more so than yesterday, I was really nervous, it was very windy on the court,” admitted Murray, who completed a comeback from two sets down for the fifth time in his career. “Once I went behind again I loosened up a little bit and started going for my shots more. I got through it, but emotionally it was pretty challenging.”

3. Ivan Dodig d. Rafael Nadal, 1-6, 7-6(5), 7-6(5), Montreal 2nd RD

Obrazek

One could be forgiven had they chalked this one up as a win for Rafael Nadal early into the second set. The Spaniard, a finalist in the first five ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments of 2011 and a two-time Montreal champion, appeared on his way to a routine victory in his second-round opener after building a 6-1, 3-1 lead against 41st-ranked Croatian Ivan Dodig.

Dodig had won just four matches in Masters 1000 competition and never in succession, but found a new level of composure with his back against the wall. “I think I relaxed more and my serve started to work,” said the 26 year old, “especially after I broke him [for the] first time. I was getting more points with my serve. I was getting also like more relaxed during the rallies. I was going more for the shots.”

Dodig successfully drew level with Nadal not just once, but three times. In the decisive set, Dodig fought back from an 0-3 start, and after losing serve for a second time to fall behind 3-5, prevented Nadal from serving out the match. With both players two points from victory at 5-5 in the tie-break, Dodig fired his 19th ace to reach match point and won the subsequent point to pull off the improbable comeback.

“I know it's very tough when you play these guys to be aggressive,” said Dodig. “Today I had some chances and I think I used them. I finished the match by myself. I didn’t wait for his mistakes.”
TOP COMEBACKS OF THE YEAR - NOS. 1-2

ATPWorldTour.com reviews the Top 2 comebacks of the 2011 season.

2. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga d. Roger Federer, 3-6, 6-7(3), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4, Wimbledon QF

Obrazek
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga became the first player to overturn
a two-sets deficit and beat Roger Federer in Grand Slam action.

Roger Federer had a perfect track record after winning the first two sets in a Grand Slam match, 178-0 going into his quarter-final match at Wimbledon, and looked in good stead against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. He raced to a 5-0 advantage in the second set tie-break and closed out a seemingly commanding two-set lead with a forehand winner.

But Tsonga, who had dropped nine straight sets to the six-time Wimbledon champion, was not discouraged. “Every time I was feeling like a dream, even at two sets down, because I was in the quarter-finals again Roger Federer,” he explained. “The stadium was full. I was not ridiculous. I was in my match. I’m the kind of player who likes these big moments.”

With head held high, Tsonga broke Federer with forehand winners in the third games of the following two sets, and then seized an early service break in the fifth set as he used his booming forehand to draw a crucial error in the first game. Tsonga had allowed Federer just one break point up to that point, in the second game of the match, and continued his strong service display to deny his opponent any chances to regain the break. “I served just unbelievable,” assessed the Frenchman, who won 40 of his 49 service points over the final two sets.

After three hours and eight minutes, Tsonga served out the match to love and followed with his trademark victory celebration on Centre Court. “It will be, for sure, one of the best memories in my career,” he said. “I felt so good on the court. I was quick. I was just perfect today.”

1. Novak Djokovic d. Roger Federer, 6-7(7), 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5, US Open SF

Obrazek

The outlook seemed bleak for Novak Djokovic after Roger Federer took the first two sets of their semi-final match at the US Open. Federer had a 178-1 record when winning the first two sets of a Grand Slam match - the one blemish coming against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at Wimbledon a couple months earlier. Djokovic had clawed back from a 0-2 sets deficit just once in his career - also at Wimbledon, though all the way back in 2005 against Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, a victory that lifted him into the Top 100 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings for the first time.

This time, wearing the badge of World No. 1 , Djokovic roared back to force a decider with service breaks to start both the third and fourth sets. Federer regained the upper-hand in the fifth, breaking Djokovic’s serve in the eight game and setting up two match points, a situation they’d found themselves in a year earlier. In that match, Djokovic had come up with two winners, down 4-5, 15/40, and had admitted afterwards: “To be honest I was just closing my eyes and hitting forehands as fast as I can on the match points.”

Would history favour Djokovic again? He saved the first match point, returning a 108 mph serve with a forehand winner that caught the line, and a second when Federer’s forehand bounced off the netcord and wide. With the crowd loudly saluting Djokovic’s efforts, an unnerved Federer followed with a double-fault on break point chance for the Serbian. He was unable to recover, conceding another service break as Djokovic proceeded to seal the victory on his first match point after three hours and 51 minutes.

“I had to take my chance,” said Djokovic, who went on to defeat Rafael Nadal in the final. “I was very close to being on my way back home. He was serving. He was 40/15 up. I managed to hit that amazing forehand return which got me back. I got a little bit of energy from the crowd, and I fought back.”
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -2011.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Jest to dużo ciekawsze zestawienie niż wcześniejszy ranking największych niespodzianek tego roku. :P

Bardzo krótkie te wakacje. Za 2,5 tygodnia, tuż po Świętach, rusza pokazówka w Abu Dhabi.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

BEST ATP WORLD TOUR MATCHES OF THE YEAR - NOS. 3-5

5. Richard Gasquet d. Roger Federer, 4-6, 7-6(2), 7-6(4), Rome 3rd RD

Obrazek
Richard Gasquet's trademark backhand
helped him to a memorable victory over
Roger Federer in the third round in Rome.

5. Richard Gasquet d. Roger Federer, 4-6, 7-6(2), 7-6(4), Rome 3rd RD

Richard Gasquet showed great flair and guts as he ended an eight-match losing run against Roger Federer, rallying from a set and 2-4 down to prevail in their highly entertaining third-round contest at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia that featured two of the most watchable single-handed backhands in the game.

The Frenchman was staring down the barrel of a ninth defeat in 10 meetings with Federer, but exhibited superb reflexes at the net to claw his way back into contention in the second set at 4-4. He levelled the match with a dominant display in the second set tie-break, hurting Federer with a range of groundstroke winners, and again held his nerve in the third-set decider to clinch victory in two hours and 19 minutes. It was Federer’s earliest defeat at a tour-level event since falling to Ernests Gulbis in the Rome second round a year earlier.

"I [played] a very good match for sure and as you can imagine I am very happy to beat Roger," said Gasquet, who went on to beat World No. 7 Tomas Berdych in the quarter-finals before falling to Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals. "This does not happen many times, so I have to enjoy it. His forehand is very fast and the court today was very fast and [it was] very difficult conditions, but I tried to play good as I had nothing to lose and this is very important. I cannot play my game [under] a lot of pressure."

Federer was left to rue the advantage he had let slip, lamenting, "I had multiple chances [to win]. That is how it goes. Sometimes it is unfortunate because I was playing well and then it didn’t happen at all any more so it was a disappointing end to the match."

4. Andy Roddick d. Milos Raonic, 7-6(7), 6-7(11), 7-5, Memphis Final

Obrazek

American Andy Roddick needed the "best shot I’ve ever hit in my life" to end the courageous run of fast-rising Canadian Milos Raonic, a winner of eight straight matches, at the Regions Morgan Keegan Championship.

The final was billed as a battle between two big servers, and sticking to the script, the first two sets went to tie-breaks, where both players had their fair share of chances. Roddick clinched the first set with his eighth ace of the match after saving two set points. In the second set, Raonic fought off elimination as he faced down three match points and converted on his fourth set point of the tie-break.

Roddick finally broke open a lead in the third set and held two chances to go up 5-1, but Raonic rallied to hold. The tenacious youngster capitalised on his fifth break point in the ensuing game to get back on serve and saved a fourth match point at 4-5. But his 32-ace effort, taking him to a tournament record 129 for the week, would not be enough to force a third consecutive tie-break.

In arguably the most spectacular championship point of all-time, Raonic angled away a crisp forehand volley that looked good enough to get him back to deuce, but Roddick launched into a full sprint and dived forward to connect with the ball. As he rolled on the ground, his forehand pass fell into the open court, causing the crowd to erupt in celebration.

"He had a great volley there," said Roddick, who claimed his 30th tour-level title. "I don’t really remember much else besides the fact that I went for the ball, I hit it, I didn’t really think much of it. Then I heard people cheering. I was like, 'No, there’s no way that went in.' I guess it did."

3. Tomas Berdych d. Janko Tipsarevic, 2-6, 6-3, 7-6(6), Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Round Robin

Obrazek

Tomas Berdych had lost a heartbreaker in his first round robin match at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Holding match point against World No. 1 Novak Djokovic at 6-5 in the third set, the Czech mis-timed a forehand, then committed a slew of unforced errors in the tie-break to see victory slip from his grasp.

Two days later, the effects of that loss appeared to haunt Berdych when he stepped back out on court against another Serbian, Janko Tipsarevic, who had entered the line-up as a late replacement for British No. 1 Andy Murray. Berdych dropped two of his first three services games and committed a total of 11 unforced errors in the opening set, including seven on his forehand.

The Czech would not stay down for long. Adopting aggressive tactics, he drew level with a single break of serve in the second set, then denied Tipsarevic an opportunity to pull ahead in the third set as he came to the net to save break point in the fourth game.

Berdych held to love to send the match to a decisive tie-break and gained the first mini-break to go up 5-3, but with the match on his racquet at 5-4, he lost his two service points with forehand errors to bring up match point for Tipsarevic. The Serbian also faltered on his next two points, first directing a backhand volley long, then double-faulting to find himself match point down. Tipsarevic could only watch as Berdych sealed the victory with a forehand winner, as he slipped to the court after returning serve and slipped once again as he attempted to get up.

"One point. That's the best [thing] about tennis, that it’s not over until the last ball [has] bounced twice or is in the net," said Berdych, reflecting on the symmetry of his loss and win. "I think that’s really nice about sports. That's what I like. I was a bit unlucky on Monday. I got luckier here."

Tipsarevic, who looked to have seriously hurt his ankle on match point, made a remarkable recovery to upset his countryman Djokovic two days later.

A co tu robi spotkanie nr. 3? :roll:
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

jaccol55 pisze:A co tu robi spotkanie nr. 3? :roll:
Końcówka meczu w wykonaniu Janko była epicka. :D
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

THE 2 BEST ATP WORLD TOUR MATCHES OF 2011

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal
contested an exhilarating final at
the Sony Ericsson Open

ATPWorldTour.com reviews the two best ATP World Tour matches of the year.

2. Novak Djokovic d. Rafael Nadal, 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(4), Miami Final

You know it’s been a special contest when the runner-up declares, "I was there fighting until the last point… nothing left in my body right now, so that's the sport. I love these kinds of matches." Those were the words of Rafael Nadal after falling to Novak Djokovic in an electrifying Sony Ericsson Open final, two weeks after also losing to the Serb in the BNP Paribas Open championship match.

Djokovic came from a set down and prevailed in a decisive tie-break to turn up the heat on the Spaniard in the battle for the No. 1 South African Airways ATP Ranking and improve to a 24-0 match record in 2011.

Appearing in his third Miami final, Nadal raced to a 5-1 lead, ending Djokovic’s streak of 41 consecutive service holds at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament, and although Djokovic cut the deficit, Nadal held on to close out the opener in 57 minutes. The high intensity and level of play carried over into the second set, but it was Djokovic who upped the ante on his groundstrokes, creating a 3-0 advantage after saving a break point in the third game and going on to level the match.

Nadal and Djokovic received a standing ovation from the sell-out 14,625 crowd as an intense third set went to a tie-break, with neither player engineering a break point chance. After five successive mini-breaks, Djokovic took control as he established a 6-2 lead and after being denied on his first two match points, converted his third to win the Sony Ericsson Open for the second time in five years.

"It was one of the closest and best finals that I have played ever," said Djokovic. "I think it was a very high level of tennis today. I think everybody enjoyed it, even us playing. It was very close, and up to the last stroke we really didn't know which way it's going to go."

1. Novak Djokovic d. Andy Murray, 6-1, 3-6, 7-6(2), Rome SF

Obrazek

After witnessing what we have labelled the best ATP World Tour match of the 2011 season, Bob Bryan felt compelled to tweet: "Just watched some of the greatest displays of shot-making & guts I have ever seen. Thank u @andy_murray & @DjokerNole. You are both champs."

It was in the semi-finals of the Internazionali BNL d’Italia that Andy Murray came so close to ending Novak Djokovic’s then-37-match winning streak, but was ultimately denied by the Serb, who had simply forgotten how to lose.

Two of the best backhands in the game went head-to-head under the lights at the Foro Italico in an exhilarating semi-final defined by long, gruelling points. After losing serve three times to surrender the first set to an inspired Djokovic, Murray stationed himself behind the baseline, hurting Djokovic with his crisp ball striking and plentiful drop shots. The Scot, who came of age on clay in the 2011 European swing, levelled the match after breaking in the sixth game of the second set, and rallied from a 1-3 deficit in the decider to break for a 5-4 lead after excelling in the pair’s punishing exchanges.

However, when serving for the match, Murray came within two points of victory four times, but could not engineer a match point and the resilient Djokovic converted his third break point as the Scot double faulted. In the subsequent tie-break, Djokovic made Murray rue his missed opportunity as he stepped up a gear and claimed the dramatic victory in just over three hours.

"I’m one of the best closers in tennis and I very rarely, especially against the best players, lose matches when serving," lamented Murray, who would later go on to reach the Roland Garros semi-finals for the first time.

"Andy played a really good match tonight. He was unfortunate not to finish it out," said Djokovic. "It’s an amazing achievement... a great effort from both of us." The Belgrade native went on to stun defending champion Rafael Nadal in straight sets in the final.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -2011.aspx

A gdzie się podziało w tym wszystkim spotkanie Federera z Djoko na RG? :wtf:
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

jaccol55 pisze:A gdzie się podziało w tym wszystkim spotkanie Federera z Djoko na RG? :wtf:
To są tylko mecze ATP World Tour. Na Szlemy pewnie przyjdzie jeszcze czas. ;)
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Zablokowany