http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... ramme.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Re: Sezon AD2013 - podsumowanie.

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Best Off-Court Moments: No. 1 Celebration; Nadal & Djokovic On Ice

Obrazek
Ross Hutchins announced his remission from cancer
after undergoing six months of treatment.

Rally Against Cancer
Ross Hutchins learnt last Christmas that he had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, revealing the news in the opening week of the 2013 season after Andy Murray dedicated his Brisbane triumph to him. The next six months, he underwent treatment at The Royal Marsden. He also used his diagnosis to raise £177,000 for the world-leading cancer centre, bringing together players and celebrities for the “Rally Against Cancer” at the Aegon Championships.

A month after the charity exhibition, Hutchins took to Twitter to share good news. “Was a big day today,met my Oncologist and I am now in remission :) So grateful to fantastic Professor Cunningham and his team @royalmarsden”

Birthday Suit
John Isner worked up his courage to appear in the buff for ESPN The Magazine’s Body Issue, which annually celebrates the physique of athletes. The American had turned down ESPN’s offer to appear in last year’s issue, before agreeing to be photographed sans clothing on the tennis court of Palm Springs.

“This is something I never would've imagined myself doing,” said Isner. “Tennis players aren't jacked like football players, but we are certainly in good shape, and if my photo shows that in any way, that will be good.”

The photograph didn’t just appear in the magazine, but also on t-shirts made and worn by Isner’s grandfather and his friends.

Home Swiss Home

Obrazek

Back at home for the Credit Agricole Suisse Open Gstaad, Stanislas Wawrinka and Roger Federer both enjoyed a bit of what the Swiss Alps have to offer.

Wawrinka took in the sights from high above, taking a parachute jump in the Bernese mountains. “It was a great experience,” he said. “Of course, you get very nervous just before jumping off the plane but once you are in the air it’s a great feeling.”

Federer tried out the sport of flag throwing, a traditional activity in the Alps, and was also presented with a cow named Desiree from tournament organisers. “She won’t be in my trophy room, that’s for sure,” he quipped.

No. 1 Celebration
“I’m like a little boy here,” said Roger Federer, as the ATP commemorated the 40th anniversary of the Emirates ATP Rankings with an unprecedented gathering of World No. 1s. From Ilie Nastase to Novak Djokovic, 19 legends shared the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York and spoke about reaching the pinnacle of the sport.

“Growing up, in early childhood, you are inspired to show that love and appreciation and passion towards the sport, and of course there is this big drive - waking up every morning, working so hard, developing skills - to be No. 1 in the world,” said Djokovic. “Not many players have achieved that and to sit with fellow champions... I’m really honoured to be here.”

The evening also included a tribute to former ATP Executive Chairman and President Brad Drewett, who established the ATP Heritage programme before passing away in May following a battle with Motor Neurone Disease. “It means a lot for me to be here and to be honouring Brad's legacy,” said Lleyton Hewitt.

The Proposal

Obrazek

In his 100th week at No. 1 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, Novak Djokovic popped the question to long-time girlfriend Jelena Ristic. The Serbian first announced their engagement on Facebook, posting, “Getting used to introducing Jelena as my fiancé and future wife :) So happy!” A few minutes later, he Tweeted, “Meet my fiancé and future wife :) So happy! Thank you for wonderful wishes #NoleFam and friends! http://say.ly/fWF6P6R

Djokovic, who hasn’t lost a match since getting engaged in late September, elaborated on his proposal ahead of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. “It’s an incredible experience. Throughout my life I’ve played many big matches in front of 20,000 people and fighting for many Grand Slam trophies and with high adrenaline and excitement, but this is still something I haven’t experienced in my life and I’m just glad.”

Royal Honour

Obrazek

Judy Murray had reason to shed tears this year - not only at The All England Club, where she watched her youngest son win the Wimbledon singles title, but also at Buckingham Palace, where he was presented an OBE (Officer of Order of British Empire). “Yes, I cried. #OBE,” she Tweeted, sharing a picture of Andy with his medal.

Andy Murray received his OBE, for services to tennis, at His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge’s first investiture ceremony. The Scot was awarded the honour in the New Year Honours’ List last December in recognition of his triumphs at the US Open and London Olympics. “It was good fun,” he said of his day at the palace. “I went with my parents, my girlfriend, met a lot of very interesting people.”

A Game Of Inches
Ivo Karlovic refused to give up his distinction as the tallest player in the history of the ATP World Tour, re-assessing his height after John Isner matched him at 6’10” this summer. “Due to the recent increase in John Isner’s height, I had to double check mine. And what do you know?!! Your boy is 6’11! #tennismakesyougrow”, Karlovic Tweeted.

The Croat confirmed the stat at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow, where a team of five people completed the measurement. “Don’t know when I grew. Maybe they stretched me in the hospital,” joked Karlovic, who was hospitalised due to a case of viral meningitis in March.

(N)Ice Court

Obrazek

After six meetings this season, including the championship match of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic concluded 2013 on a court in icy Patagonia. The rivals took in the breathtaking landscape in front of the Perito Moreno Glacier, a four-mile thick mass of ice, as they had a hit aboard a barge in an event dubbed “Tennis on Ancient Ice”.

“My parents suggested I visit the glacier,” said Nadal, who Tweeted, “I've just been in one of the most spectacular places that I’ve ever seen before, the PeritoMoreno! Really amazing!” Djokovic concurred. “I never thought I would find a place this wonderful.”
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... art-2.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
Saboteur

Post autor: Saboteur »

ATP WORLD TOUR SEASON REVIEW
BEST YOUNG GUNS IN 2013
Best Of 2013

Obrazek

ATPWorldTour.com profiles the best young players of the 2013 season - Top 100 players aged 22 and under and teenagers in the Top 200 - listed by their year-end Emirates ATP Ranking.

Milos Raonic, No. 11 (22 years, 11 months)
Milos Raonic led the way for the young guns in 2013, becoming the first player born in the 1990s - and also the first Canadian - to rank inside the Top 10. He ensured his place in the ATP’s elite this past August when he defeated countryman Vasek Pospisil to reach his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final at the Coupe Rogers.

“To be able to do it here in Montréal is pretty amazing. For me it's a very special day to at least get to a goal I set for myself earlier this year,” said Raonic, who had begun the season at No. 13 in the Emirates ATP Rankings.

For the second year in a row, Raonic won a personal-best 45 matches and collected a pair of titles. He successfully defended his San Jose crown in February with victory over Tommy Haas in the final, and posted consecutive Top 10 victories over Richard Gasquet and Tomas Berdych to win Bangkok in September. He also reached the final in Tokyo and fourth round at the Australian Open and US Open.

He stayed in the running for a Barclays ATP World Tour Finals berth in the final week of the season, and went to London as an alternate. “I see how close I came,” said Raonic, Sportsnet’s 2013 Canadian Athlete of the Year. “I know I can improve a lot more.”

Grigor Dimitrov, No. 23 (22 years, 7 months)
Grigor Dimitrov set a goal of reaching the Top 20 of the Emirates ATP Rankings in 2013, and came awfully close. He climbed from No. 48 to a high of No. 22 in October, when he made history as the first Bulgarian to win an ATP World Tour title. The 22 year old rallied from a set down to upset a No. 3-ranked David Ferrer in the If Stockholm Open final, and said afterwards, “That’s big not only for me but also for the country. They need to see that everyone can succeed.”

Dimitrov made waves from the opening week of the season. He knocked off Milos Raonic, Jurgen Melzer and Marcos Baghdatis in succession to advance to his first tour-level final in Brisbane, finishing runner-up to Andy Murray.

In between Brisbane and Stockholm, Dimitrov continued to make headlines. He reached his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 quarter-final in Monte-Carlo, where he took the opening set off eight-time champion Rafael Nadal before falling in three. He then scored his biggest career win when he stunned World No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the second round of the Mutua Madrid Open, a match that spanned three hours and five minutes. “Of course this has been what I've been working for, to play matches like that, and why not win them?” he said.

Bernard Tomic, No. 51 (21 years, 1 month)
TomicBernard Tomic began 2013 in the best possible way, thrilling his fellow Aussies by winning the Apia International Sydney on the eve of the Australian Open. “It's an amazing feeling,” said Tomic, who at 20 years of age would finish as the youngest winner of the season. “It’s my first title, and I know I’ll win a lot more if I keep this attitude up.”

Tomic reached two other quarter-finals in 2013, in Marseille and Eastbourne, and once again made his mark at Wimbledon, where he reached the Round of 16 for the second time in three years. He opened with a five-set win over a 19th-ranked Sam Querrey, beat former World No. 4 James Blake and then upset World No. 9 Richard Gasquet before falling to Tomas Berdych. He also helped lift Australia back into the 2014 Davis Cup World Group with a 4-0 record in singles play.

His efforts helped him finish as his country’s top player, at No. 51 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, for a second time.

Pablo Carreno Busta, No. 65 (22 years, 5 months)
Pablo Carrero Busta dropped outside the Top 700 of the Emirates ATP Rankings after a seven-month injury lay-off in 2012, but soared into the Top 70 in 2013, earning him the distinction of Most Improved Player of the Year in the ATP World Tour Awards presented by Moet & Chandon.

The Spaniard shined on all three levels of men’s professional tennis. He was invincible on the Futures circuit, winning seven titles and 35 matches in succession. On the ATP Challenger Tour, he put together a 15-match winning streak and a 4-0 mark in finals. After recording his first ATP World Tour win in Casablanca, he strung together six straight wins in qualifying and reached the semi-finals in Oeiras. He also qualified for his first Grand Slam tournament at Roland Garros.

Carreno Busta broke into the Top 100 in August and had reached a career-high No. 65 by November, when he was recognised in an on-court ceremony at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. “I could never have imagined this,” the 22 year old said of his success. “It was an incredible season, winning seven Futures titles. I improved my tennis and my [Emirates ATP] Ranking and I would love to be here next year at The O2.

Jiri Vesely, No. 84 (20 years, 5 months)
VeselyThe ATP World Tour Awards presented by Moet & Chandon introduced a new category this year: ATP Star of Tomorrow presented by Emirates, awarded to the youngest player in the year-end Top 100. The distinction went to the Czech Republic’s Jiri Vesely, who finished at No. 84 in the Emirates ATP Rankings.

“I started the year No. 263; I never expected to make the Top 100,” admitted Vesely, who broke through on 8 July, two days before his 20th birthday. The 6’6” left-hander made his tour-level main draw debut as a qualifier at Roland Garros and captured three ATP Challenger Tour titles from five finals, contributing to his rise to a career-high No. 78 by August.

At the top of Vesely’s priority list for 2014 will be recording his first tour-level win. He opens the year at the Aircel Chennai Open.

Nick Kyrgios, No. 186 (18 years, 7 months)
Winning the boys’ single title on home soil would be the pinnacle of the year for most teens, but not Australia’s Nick Kyrgios. For the Canberra native, it paled in comparison to his first-round win at Roland Garros.

Kyrgios entered the main draw as a late replacement for injured countryman John Millman, a wild card recipient, and in his tour-level debut, upset former World No. 8 Radek Stepanek in three tie-break sets. “It felt about ten times better than the championship point at junior Australian Open,” he said. Later that night, he wrote in a post on his official website, “I am so excited to get my first Grand Slam win under my belt against such an accomplished and successful warrior as Radek Stepanek, it really does feel great and although I knew I had a chance, I wasn’t expecting to go out there and win.”

The 6’4” Australian also won his first ATP Challenger Tour title in Sydney, two months before his 18th birthday, and qualified for the US Open. He finished the season as the youngest player in the Top 200, reaching a high of No. 177 in October.

Lucas Pouille, No. 192 (19 years, 9 months)
PouilleFrenchman Lucas Pouille joined Kyrgios as the only teenagers in the year-end Top 200, finishing at No. 192 in the Emirates ATP Rankings.

After competing predominantly on the Futures circuit in 2012, Pouille got his first taste of playing on the ATP World Tour in February at the indoor hard-court tournaments in Montpellier and Marseille. His first tour-level win came a few months later. With 30 family members and friends supporting him from the stands on his Grand Slam debut at Roland Garros, Pouille clinched a straight-sets win over Alez Kuznetsov.

“When I ended the match I was just on Cloud 9,” he said. “But if that was the case, it was because people believed in me, believed I could go into the second round. So I’m very proud to win here, to go into the next round.”

Pouille lost to Dimitrov in the second round, but the next week qualified for the grass-court tournament in ‘s-Hertogenbosch. He broke into the Top 200 in October after reaching the semi-finals of the Kazan Challenger.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Guns.aspx
Tytuły (4): 2023: Doha; 2017: Chennai, Queens Club; 2012: Memphis
Finały (6): 2017: Newport, Montreal; 2014: Abu Dhabi, Metz; 2013: Pekin, Atlanta

twitter.com/saboteur_cod
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Our 2013 tennis tantrums of the year
http://espn.go.com/blog/espntennis/post ... f-the-year
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Rroggerr

Post autor: Rroggerr »

Tak jak nasza Agnieszka, Dimitrow dostał nagrodę shot-makera sezonu - chyba zasłużenie, bo rzeczywiście można kojarzyć Griszę z bardzo efektownymi zagraniami. Osobiście jego tenis bardzo lubię (młody, jednoręczny backhand, ładny tenis - czego chcieć więcej?), ale szczerze jak jego talent jest demonizowany, tak i nieszczególnie potrafię go utożsamiać, jak wielu to robi, z ofensywnym tenisem.

Okej, ma bardzo dobry serwis i świetny forehand - bardzo poprawił krycie kortu i ładnie pozycjonuje przeciwników, nie ma problemów z wolejem (choć nie gra go wcale bardzo dobrze) i smeczem. Ale te jego najlepsze mecze i turnieje w tym roku - Brisbane i Sztokholm, to wcale nie ofensywny tenis, a regularne przebijanie, jak z Baghdatisem, czy ewidentne oddanie pola popełniającemu błąd na błędzie przeciwnikowi jak Paire. Fajne wyniki, które cieszyły, ale to były wymęczone zwycięstwa i tenis bez pazura, na tle przeciwników co najwyżej solidnych. Dlatego duże nadzieje wiązałbym z Rasheedem - Dimitrow ma duże pole, żeby wzmocnić się fizycznie, a kto, jak kto, ale właśnie Rasheed powinien mu mocno w tym pomóc. Liczę, że nie tylko kondycja, ale i sam tenis nabierze na charakterze - bo jak dotychczas średnio co drugi mecz Dimitrowa nakazuje mi zgodzić się ze słowami Wilandera.
Awatar użytkownika
grzes430

Post autor: grzes430 »

ATP WORLD TOUR SEASON REVIEW
BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN 2013
Best Of 2013
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Media.aspx
MTT:
Tytuły (8): US OPEN 2012 -debel, Sztokholm 2012, Australian Open 2013 - debel, Abu Dhabi 2014, Barcelona 2014, Australian Open 2016 - debel, Marsylia 2018, ATP Finals 2018 - debel

Finały (8): US OPEN 2013, Monte Carlo 2014, Umag 2014, Rotterdam 2015, Sydney 2016, US OPEN 2016 - debel, Winston-Salem 2018, US OPEN 2018 - debel
Awatar użytkownika
Jacuszyn

Post autor: Jacuszyn »

Dominacja Nadala, historyczny Murray, polski Wimbledon - ATP 2013 w pigułce

Spoiler:
Więcej: http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/40515 ... -w-pigulce
MTT:
Singles W(18): Kuala Lumpur 09, Memphis 10, Eastbourne 10, World Tour Finals 10, Cincinnati 12, Auckland 14, Sydney 16, Quito 17, Buenos Aires 17, Halle 17, Umag 17, Auckland 18, Eastbourne 19, Geneva 22, Auckland 23, Washington 23, Paris 23, Miami 24
Singles F(15): Metz 09, Basel 09, Johannesburg 10, Stuttgart 10, Toronto 10, Valencia 10, San Jose 11, Buenos Aires 16, Miami 17, Tokyo 17, IO Tokyo 20, Tokyo 23, Montpellier 24, Buenos Aires 24, Monte Carlo 24
Doubles W (5): Roland Garros 11, US Open 11, Monte Carlo 23, Toronto 23, World Tour Finals 23
Zablokowany