Lucas

Wimbledon 2015

Post autor: Lucas »

Obrazek

TOURNAMENT INFO
TIER: Grand Slams
PRIZE MONEY: $20,458,117 SURFACE: Grass
DIRECTOR: Richard Lewis
Wimbledon, also known as The Championships, is considered by many the world's most prestigious tournament. Launched in 1877, the event is held in late June and early July at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London and is the only major still played on grass - the game's original surface.

Other traditions include no matches on the middle Sunday, a strict player dress code, the eating of strawberries and cream, the absence of sponsor advertising around the courts and royal patronage.

Since 2001, Wimbledon's courts have been sown with 100% perennial ryegrass. The main show courts, Centre Court and Court 1, are normally used just during The Championships' fortnight, and the remaining 17 courts are used regularly for other events hosted by the club. To the delight of players, fans and media, a retractable roof was installed prior to the 2009 staging. The show courts were competed on an additional time in 2012, as the facility hosted the Summer Olympics tennis event three weeks after Wimbledon.

In another break from tradition, starting in 2015, The Championships will begin a week later on the calendar, allowing for three weeks instead of two between the end of the French Open and the start of Wimbledon.

WTA legend Martina Navratilova has the ladies tournament record with nine singles titles. She also has the Open Era record with seven doubles titles. On top of that, she has four mixed doubles crowns, giving her a remarkable 20 Wimbledon triumphs altogether. Others who have dominated the event in the Open Era include Steffi Graf with seven singles titles and Serena and Venus Williams, with five each.
“I doubt about myself, I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”- Rafa Nadal

"There are other tournaments in which I would like to win. However, in the end, trophies are just pieces of metal. The main thing that I took from tennis is love. She will remain with me forever, and I am sincerely grateful for this “ - David Ferrer
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Re: Wimbledon 2015

15 GREAT DRESSES FROM THE RED CARPET
The WTA stars were out in full force at the WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party presented by Dubai Duty Free - check out 15 of the very best pics from the red carpet right here on the WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party page!
http://www.wtatennis.com/prewimbledonpa ... red-carpet
“I doubt about myself, I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”- Rafa Nadal

"There are other tournaments in which I would like to win. However, in the end, trophies are just pieces of metal. The main thing that I took from tennis is love. She will remain with me forever, and I am sincerely grateful for this “ - David Ferrer
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

WIMBLEDON DRAW: WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE?

LONDON, England - The official draw ceremony for Wimbledon took place at the All-England Club on Friday morning, with some mouthwatering match-ups early on and further down the road...

Here's the breakdown of each quarter of the draw - where all the Top 32 seeds fell in the draw:

SERENA'S QUARTER (top quarter)
(1) Serena Williams (USA) vs (32) Caroline Garcia (FRA) in 3r
(16) Venus Williams (USA) vs (19) Sara Errani (ITA) in 3r
(9) Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP) vs (23) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) in 3r
(7) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) vs (30) Belinda Bencic (SUI) in 3r

MARIA'S QUARTER (second quarter)
(4) Maria Sharapova (RUS) vs (29) Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) in 3r
(14) Andrea Petkovic (GER) vs (24) Flavia Pennetta (ITA) in 3r
(11) Karolina Pliskova (CZE) vs (22) Samantha Stosur (AUS) in 3r
(6) Lucie Safarova (CZE) vs (27) Barbora Strycova (CZE) in 3r

SIMONA'S QUARTER (third quarter)
(5) Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) vs (31) Camila Giorgi (ITA) in 3r
(10) Angelique Kerber (GER) vs (20) Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) in 3r
(15) Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) vs (18) Sabine Lisicki (GER) in 3r
(3) Simona Halep (ROU) vs (26) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) in 3r

PETRA'S QUARTER (bottom quarter)
(8) Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) vs (25) Alizé Cornet (FRA) in 3r
(12) Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) vs (21) Madison Keys (USA) in 3r
(13) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) vs (17) Elina Svitolina (UKR) in 3r
(2) Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs (28) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) in 3r

Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

WIMBLEDON: TOP EIGHT SEEDS' HISTORIES

Obrazek

LONDON, England - Serena Williams has experienced plenty of highs and also a few lows down the years at the All-England Club. But how does her Wimbledon record stack up against that of title rivals Petra Kvitova and Maria Sharapova? Read on to delve into the résumés of all the leading seeds as well as a few potential dark horses at SW19...
Spoiler:
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/4 ... -histories

Awatar użytkownika
Jacques D.

Post autor: Jacques D. »

No fajną pierwszą rundę ma Serena. Będzie wreszcie okazja zobaczyć Margaritę Gasparyan na większym korcie. :)
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

No to teraz już jestem spokojny o wynik Isi. Wojtek Fibak:
Losowanie było udane, korzystne, wszystkie przeciwniczki są do ogrania, aż do Kvitovej, tylko pytanie, czy ona do tego etapu w ogóle dojdzie. Jestem optymistą, wierzę, że Agnieszka już pokazuje swój najlepszy tenis, wszystko to czym czaruje i zachwyca cały świata i dla mnie jest jedną z faworytek tego Wimbledonu

Awatar użytkownika
Mario

Post autor: Mario »

Tak w ogóle, to gdzie jest drabinka? Nie żeby mnie to interesowało (już sprawdziłem z kim gra Ana, więcej nie trzeba), ale mówimy o jednym z ważniejszych elementów wątku turniejowego...
MTT bilans finałów (17-26)
W: Queen's Club 13, Monte Carlo 14, Australian Open 15, Nottingham 15, Chennai 16, Rio de Janeiro 17, Wiedeń 17, Acapulco 18, Madryt 18, Queen's Club 21, Cincinnati 21, Indian Wells 21, World Tour Finals 21, s-Hertogenbosch 22, Roland Garros 23, Astana 23, Hong Kong 24
F: Auckland 14, Miami 14, Roland Garros 14, Waszyngton 14, World Tour Finals 14, Rio de Janeiro 15, US Open 15, Estoril 16, Pekin 17, Rio de Janeiro 18, Monte Carlo 18, Rzym 18, Lyon 18, Metz 18, Hamburg 20, Madryt 21, St. Petersburg 21, Adelajda-2 22, Buenos Aires 22, Rio de Janeiro 22, Cincinnati 22, Astana 22, Rio de Janeiro 23, Bastad 23, Rio de Janeiro 24, Dubaj 24
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Proszę :)

(1) Serena WILLIAMS (USA) v. (Q) Margarita GASPARYAN (RUS)
Timea BABOS (HUN) v. (Q) Petra CETKOVSKA (CZE)
Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) v. Dominika CIBULKOVA (SVK)
Heather WATSON (GBR) v. (32) Caroline GARCIA (FRA)

(19) Sara ERRANI (ITA) v. Francesca SCHIAVONE (ITA)
Aleksandra KRUNIC (SRB) v. Roberta VINCI (ITA)
Marina ERAKOVIC (NZL) v. Yulia PUTINTSEVA (KAZ)
Madison BRENGLE (USA) v. (16) Venus WILLIAMS (USA)

(9) Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO (ESP) v. (WC) Jelena OSTAPENKO (LAT)
Alexandra DULGERU (ROU) v. Kristina MLADENOVIC (FRA)
Kirsten FLIPKENS (BEL) v. Annika BECK (GER)
(WC) Anett KONTAVEIT (EST) v. (23) Victoria AZARENKA (BLR)

(30) Belinda BENCIC (SUI) v. Tsvetana PIRONKOVA (BUL)
Vitalia DIATCHENKO (RUS) v. Anna-Lena FRIEDSAM (GER)
Alison VAN UYTVANCK (BEL) v. (Q) Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS (USA)
(Q) Yi-Fan XU (CHN) v. (7) Ana IVANOVIC (SRB)

(4) Maria SHARAPOVA (RUS) v. (WC) Johanna KONTA (GBR)
(Q) Richel HOGENKAMP (NED) v. Qiang WANG (CHN)
Nicole GIBBS (USA) v. Lesia TSURENKO (UKR)
Daria GAVRILOVA (AUS) v. (29) Irina-Camelia BEGU (ROU)

(24) Flavia PENNETTA (ITA) v. Zarina DIYAS (KAZ)
Lin ZHU (CHN) v. (Q) Aliaksandra SASNOVICH (BLR)
Mariana DUQUE-MARINO (COL) v. Naomi BROADY (GBR)
Shelby ROGERS (USA) v. (14) Andrea PETKOVIC (GER)

(11) Karolina PLISKOVA (CZE) v. Irina FALCONI (USA)
CoCo VANDEWEGHE (USA) v. Anna Karolina SCHMIEDLOVA (SVK)
(PR) Edina GALLOVITS-HALL (USA) v. Urszula RADWANSKA (POL)
Danka KOVINIC (MNE) v. (22) Samantha STOSUR (AUS)

(27) Barbora STRYCOVA (CZE) v. Sloane STEPHENS (USA)
Polona HERCOG (SLO) v. Lauren DAVIS (USA)
(Q) Su-Wei HSIEH (TPE) v. Kaia KANEPI (EST)
Alison RISKE (USA) v. (6) Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(5) Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) v. SaiSai ZHENG (CHN)
Katerina SINIAKOVA (CZE) v. Denisa ALLERTOVA (CZE)
Lara ARRUABARRENA (ESP) v. Pauline PARMENTIER (FRA)
Teliana PEREIRA (BRA) v. (31) Camila GIORGI (ITA)

(20) Garbine MUGURUZA (ESP) v. Varvara LEPCHENKO (USA)
Mirjana LUCIC-BARONI (CRO) v. Yaroslava SHVEDOVA (KAZ)
Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA (RUS) v. Mona BARTHEL (GER)
Carina WITTHOEFT (GER) v. (10) Angelique KERBER (GER)

(15) Timea BACSINSZKY (SUI) v. Julia GOERGES (GER)
Sesil KARATANTCHEVA (BUL) v. Silvia SOLER-ESPINOSA (ESP)
Johanna LARSSON (SWE) v. Christina McHALE (USA)
Jarmila GAJDOSOVA (AUS) v. (18) Sabine LISICKI (GER)

(26) Svetlana KUZNETSOVA (RUS) v. (Q) Laura SIEGEMUND (GER)
Kristyna PLISKOVA (CZE) v. Tereza SMITKOVA (CZE)
Monica PUIG (PUR) v. Monica NICULESCU (ROU)
Jana CEPELOVA (SVK) v. (3) Simona HALEP (ROU)

(8) Ekaterina MAKAROVA (RUS) v. (Q) Sachia VICKERY (USA)
Karin KNAPP (ITA) v. Magdalena RYBARIKOVA (SVK)
Andreea MITU (ROU) v. (Q) Olga GOVORTSOVA (BLR)
Ana KONJUH (CRO) v. (25) Alize CORNET (FRA)

(21) Madison KEYS (USA) v. Stefanie VOEGELE (SUI)
Yanina WICKMAYER (BEL) v. Elizaveta KULICHKOVA (RUS)
Tatiana MARIA (GER) v. Bojana JOVANOVSKI (SRB)
(Q) Ying-Ying DUAN v. (12) Eugenie BOUCHARD (CAN)

(13) Agnieszka RADWANSKA (POL) v. Lucie HRADECKA (CZE)
Ajla TOMLJANOVIC (AUS) v. Klara KOUKALOVA (CZE)
(Q) Tamira PASZEK (AUT) v. Casey DELLACQUA (AUS)
Misaki DOI (JPN) v. (17) Elina SVITOLINA (UKR)

(28) Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB) v. Elena VESNINA (RUS)
Evgeniya RODINA (RUS) v. (WC) Laura ROBSON (GBR)
Magda LINETTE (POL) v. Kurumi NARA (JPN)
Kiki BERTENS (NED) v. (2) Petra KVITOVA (CZE)

Za:http://www.wtatenis.pl/

Awatar użytkownika
Mario

Skąd się takie tenisistki, jak ta dzisiejsza rywalka Any, biorą w turnieju to nie mam pojęcia...
W: Queen's Club 13, Monte Carlo 14, Australian Open 15, Nottingham 15, Chennai 16, Rio de Janeiro 17, Wiedeń 17, Acapulco 18, Madryt 18, Queen's Club 21, Cincinnati 21, Indian Wells 21, World Tour Finals 21, s-Hertogenbosch 22, Roland Garros 23, Astana 23, Hong Kong 24
F: Auckland 14, Miami 14, Roland Garros 14, Waszyngton 14, World Tour Finals 14, Rio de Janeiro 15, US Open 15, Estoril 16, Pekin 17, Rio de Janeiro 18, Monte Carlo 18, Rzym 18, Lyon 18, Metz 18, Hamburg 20, Madryt 21, St. Petersburg 21, Adelajda-2 22, Buenos Aires 22, Rio de Janeiro 22, Cincinnati 22, Astana 22, Rio de Janeiro 23, Bastad 23, Rio de Janeiro 24, Dubaj 24
Awatar użytkownika
lake

Post autor: lake »

Ta to się wzięła z kwali, ale co powiedzieć o zawodniczce, której nie wiele zabrakło do rozstawienia a odjechała na rowerze z babcią Venus?

MTT Career highlights:
GS: W Wimbledon '15, US Open '17
WTF: -SF '17
M 1000: W Indian Wells '14, Monte Carlo '17, F IW '16, Cincinnati '17
ATP 500:W Halle '18 F Waszyngton '16
ATP 250: W s-Hertogenbosch '14, Newport '17, Sankt Petersburg '17 F Chennai '17, F Quito '17

Debel:
GS: US Open '17, '19, F US Open '15, F Wimbledon '16
M 1000: W Indian Wells '19, Rzym '19, F Miami '19
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

Trzy rowery w dwa dni na WS? :roll:
MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Gienia :| :( :/

Niby można było się spodziewać, bo forma została na facebooku, a do tego doszedł uraz, ale i tak szkoda. W zasadzie będzie zaczynać od nowa marsz do czołówki Kanadyjka, nie jestem pewien czy wystarczy zapału. Żałość nad żałościami, taki potencjał i taki zjazd. Cóż, dno zostało osiągnięte ( mam na myśli całokształt, niekoniecznie dzisiejszy występ) pora się podneść.

Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

Halep, jeśli się nie ogarnie, to też zaraz pożegna się z imprezą.
MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

No i popłynęła Rumunka, co za dzień :(

Awatar użytkownika
lake

Post autor: lake »

Kvitova może i straciła gema ale uwinęła się w 35 minut. Szybciej niż 3 rowerki. Współczuje Radwańskiej w ich ewentualnym meczu.

MTT Career highlights:
GS: W Wimbledon '15, US Open '17
WTF: -SF '17
M 1000: W Indian Wells '14, Monte Carlo '17, F IW '16, Cincinnati '17
ATP 500:W Halle '18 F Waszyngton '16
ATP 250: W s-Hertogenbosch '14, Newport '17, Sankt Petersburg '17 F Chennai '17, F Quito '17

Debel:
GS: US Open '17, '19, F US Open '15, F Wimbledon '16
M 1000: W Indian Wells '19, Rzym '19, F Miami '19
Awatar użytkownika
Mario

Lucas pisze:Cóż, dno zostało osiągnięte ( mam na myśli całokształt, niekoniecznie dzisiejszy występ) pora się podneść.
Dnem będą ogony top 100, które zostaną osiągnięte w okolicach Melbourne, więc jeszcze poczekajmy...
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Zdążyłem zobaczyć jak Masha sadzi 3 df w gemie, zanim uciekli z tenisem z PSN, katastrofa.

Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Bywa i tak.

Obrazek
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Jacques D.

Post autor: Jacques D. »

O ile pamiętam, Genie nie jest obecnie tenisistką, lecz celebrytką, dokąd zatem miała dojść? :)

Aha, teatrzyk Sereny czas zacząć. Melodramatyczna mimika i zaciskanie co chwila pięści w wygranym w szatni meczu z Babos...
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Ana poza turniejem. Jak Masha wypadnie znowu będę kibicować Williams, co za los :/ . Mario widziałeś może mecz Serbki?

Zablokowany