Laura Robson

Profile tenisistek.
Advantage

Re: Laura Robson

Post autor: Advantage »

Laura Robson to miss US Open in August with injured wrist

British number two Laura Robson will miss the US Open in August as she continues to recover from a wrist injury.

The 20-year-old, who has already pulled out of Wimbledon, has completed just one match in 2014.

Robson has slipped from 46th in the world rankings to 80th.

"I went through a very, very depressed stage," said Robson, "I didn't go on any tennis websites because I was so jealous of everyone able to play."

Robson told BBC Sport that she is now "past that stage" and will be able to start playing mini tennis with sponge balls in August.

"At the moment it's kind of a day-to-day thing in terms of pain and how the inflammation is going, but rehab seems to be coming along nicely," she said.

The US Open - the final Grand Slam of the year - gets under way on 25 August in New York.

Robson's only full match to date this year was a swift defeat by Kirsten Flipkens at the Australian Open in January, and she is already targeting Melbourne next year on her route back up the rankings.

"I'd still like to be able to play some matches at the end of this year and get some competitive tennis in before Australia," she said.

"I'm basically going to be playing some very small tournaments to try and get my ranking up again."

The former Wimbledon junior champion admitted that such an extended absence from tennis has been hard to cope with.

"I didn't look at the live scores, and I didn't watch any tennis on TV.

"But now I'm kind of past that and I'm looking forward to being able to watch Wimbledon as a spectator for once."

Robson will be working as part of the BBC commentary team at Wimbledon, which begins on 23 June.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/tennis/27860786
Advantage

Laura Robson targets Australian Open in January as she recovers from wrist surgery

Obrazek
Laura Robson: Hoping to be playing some tournaments by the end of the year.

Laura Robson admits she will have to start her career all over again after she recovers from major wrist surgery.

The Briton's sole match in 2014 was a one-sided defeat to Kirsten Flipkens in the Australian Open in January, as she battled her wrist injury.

Robson will next target the first major of next year in Melbourne after going under the knife in April on her injured left wrist, which she initially damaged in December 2013.

The 20-year-old expects to compete in UK challenger tournaments in a bid for fitness, form and raking points once she completes her protracted recovery.

Robson said she "felt like a child again" in the aftermath of her operation, struggling to dress herself and cut her own food.

Itching to return to action, Robson said she has been reduced to tears, at times frustrated with rehabilitation while her peers train and compete.

"I don't actually know my recovery timescale," said the British No 2.

"The most important thing is not to rush it.

"I kept trying to come back too soon, and that kept making it worse.

Starting from scratch

"In a way it's like starting from scratch, starting all over again - but I do have the experience of four or five years behind me which is a big help.

"It's a challenge - I get to play all my favourite challengers in England again.

"It's all part of the recovery process, I'll have a protected ranking, so will be able to choose some tournaments and come up with a smart schedule, and see how it goes.

"You can't go into a slam without having played a fair few matches beforehand; you need to build confidence but also to see how the wrist is going.

"Hopefully by the end of this year I'll be playing some tournaments: as long as I get some matches in I don't really care where I play.

"It is going to be a new start because I'll virtually have no ranking by that point, but I'm looking forward to it, it should be a good experience.

"It was only after the surgery I realised how much I rely on my left hand: I had to have help to cut my food and tie my hair, I felt like a child again."

Tears

Robson, who reached the fourth round at Wimbledon last year, revealed she shed tears in what has been an emotional time for her.

"It is a bit depressing, because everyone's out there enjoying themselves, hitting the ball hard, competing, while I'm off to move my wrist a centimetre each way.

"There have definitely been tears, especially when I spoke to the surgeon on Skype and I told him I was going to fly out there and 99 per cent sure I was going to do the surgery.

"It hits how long you won't be playing and how useless you're going to be.

"Sometimes I can't do anything and it hits you.

"I had to walk to the National Tennis Centre for six weeks because I wasn't allowed to drive, and that's a 40-minute walk each way.

"It got a bit emotional when you're doing that wishing you could drive."
http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/1 ... st-surgery
Advantage

Grunge, Snapchat and rackets: The five things Laura Robson can't live without

Obrazek
British tennis champ, Laura Robson goes through 20 tennis rackets a year.

BRITAIN's No1 female tennis player Laura Robson is a social media addict and is smitten with her new kitten.

1. IPOD

Music is very important to me and I use it to spur me on when I am competing or training and then to calm me down afterwards.

At last year's Wimbledon I put my iPod on for a few minutes before every match and would listen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers' track Can't Stop. For me it became the anthem of the tournament.

When I'm training I love a bit of rock to get me going and Pearl Jam is an absolute must for lifting weights. Then when I want to relax I'll wind down with Damien Rice.

2. MY KITTEN

I have a 10-week-old kitten called Waffles and I am absolutely smitten with her. It is funny because I was a committed dog person until I spotted her cute little face in my local pet shop and that was it. There was no looking back.

A couple of times lately I have told friends that I can't go out because I want to stay in and make sure Waffles is OK. Really though she doesn't need much looking after as she is very independent.

It only took me two days to house-train her which made me very proud. One day I'd love to live on a farm with at least three horses, 10 dogs, countless cats and a couple of donkeys thrown in. It's my dream to be surrounded by animals.

3. SNAPCHAT

My friends and I all spend an incredible amount of time glued to our phones and at the moment my favourite app is Snapchat.

It is great for sending photos or little videos and I am forever circulating pictures of me pulling ridiculous faces or Waffles playing with her toys. It's all a bit silly but the great thing about Snapchat is that every picture you send disappears after about 10 seconds so there is no incriminating trail left behind.

4. TENNIS RACKET

I probably get through about 20 tennis rackets a year so I can't get too sentimental about each and every one of them. But I am particular about how finely strung they are.

Being a left-handed player has always given me a huge advantage as the ball bounces slightly differently which can be a real challenge for your competitor. I look after my tennis gear but I'm not precious about it.

I did keep the racket I used when I won the Wimbledon Junior Girls' Championship six years ago but I later donated it to charity as that seemed a more useful thing to do with it.

5. GRAPES

Being in professional sport means I have to pay special attention to my diet all the time.

Even though I won't be competing in Wimbledon this year because I've injured my wrist, every morning I still have to force down a sludge green vegetable smoothie. Later I will have a protein shake as I need to flood my body with anti-inflammatories.

Luckily I do enjoy fruit and vegetables and I'm addicted to grapes, especially the red ones. In the summer I like to freeze them as they make an incredibly refreshing snack.

Of course like anybody else I can't be sensible all the time and I do have the odd guilty pleasure. Every now and then I will take myself off to Nandos for a chicken-filled pitta.

Laura Robson was speaking on behalf of Virgin Active's Active Aces, a tennis coaching programme that will run at all of its 21 rackets clubs, helping coach the next generation of British tennis stars and inspiring activeness through sport in youngsters across the country. Visit virginactive.co.uk for more information.
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/lif ... ite-things
Advantage

The Injured Robson Will Be In Wimbledon, But In A Broadcast Booth

Laura Robson is adjusting to being in the booth instead of on the court at this year's Wimbledon. With the 20-year-old still sidelined following wrist surgery, she will be taking part in the tournament as a commentator for BBC.

She has been receiving some training for the position, and has been told to speak naturally but with emphasis. "My voice is apparently quite monotone, so when something is fantastic, it isn't 'fantastic', it's 'fan-tas-tic,'" she said.

Robson said that she had at first found it tough to watch other players after undergoing surgery, but decided to take up the gig at the tournament rather than following it on television.

"I am getting more and more used to it because I am doing more stuff with other players. I did a BBC interview with [Maria] Sharapova yesterday. But do I really want to be a part of it? Do I want to be at Wimbledon every day when I know I can’t play? Unavoidable, I guess. If I were staying at home, there would be so much coverage about it so I wouldn’t be tennis-free anyway so I thought, ‘Why not go big," she said.

As a preview, she offered her analysis of her fellow up-and-comers during the French Open. "I think it’s a fantastic thing for young players to come through and everyone was waiting for that point, my age group or the year above to start doing better in Slams," she said.

Genie [Bouchard] has definitely done that, and [Garbiñe] Muguruza has played really well. For [French finalist Simona] Halep, she has always been a great player but in the last year or so she has got so much better, basically. I thought she played fantastically well."

Robson, who has also withdrawn from the US Open, says she is still working out her scheduled return to the game.
http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=40340
Advantage

Laura przechodzi do Nike. ;)
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Post autor: Lucas »

Laura Robson nie zagra w Australian Open
Spoiler:
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/49170 ... alian-open
“I doubt about myself, I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”- Rafa Nadal

"There are other tournaments in which I would like to win. However, in the end, trophies are just pieces of metal. The main thing that I took from tennis is love. She will remain with me forever, and I am sincerely grateful for this “ - David Ferrer
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Laura zagra w kwalifikacjach do turnieju Eastbourne

Fotka z twitera zawodniczki:

Obrazek
Tournament bound... Is this real life? #pumped
“I doubt about myself, I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”- Rafa Nadal

"There are other tournaments in which I would like to win. However, in the end, trophies are just pieces of metal. The main thing that I took from tennis is love. She will remain with me forever, and I am sincerely grateful for this “ - David Ferrer
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Wimbledon 2015: Laura Robson talks to the media following her 6-4, 6-4 1-st round defeat by Evgeniya Rodina
Spoiler:
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/art ... round.html

Awatar użytkownika
filip.g

Post autor: filip.g »

Wiadomo co się dzieje z Laurą? Z tego co się orientuję, to swój ostatni występ zakończyła kreczem... Coś poważnego?
Awatar użytkownika
Mario

Post autor: Mario »

Chyba widziałem jej nazwisko w kwalach do NH jak sprawdzałem wyniki. Trzysetowa wtopa z McHale w 2 rundzie z tego co pamiętam.
MTT bilans finałów (17-26)
W: Queen's Club 13, Monte Carlo 14, Australian Open 15, Nottingham 15, Chennai 16, Rio de Janeiro 17, Wiedeń 17, Acapulco 18, Madryt 18, Queen's Club 21, Cincinnati 21, Indian Wells 21, World Tour Finals 21, s-Hertogenbosch 22, Roland Garros 23, Astana 23, Hong Kong 24
F: Auckland 14, Miami 14, Roland Garros 14, Waszyngton 14, World Tour Finals 14, Rio de Janeiro 15, US Open 15, Estoril 16, Pekin 17, Rio de Janeiro 18, Monte Carlo 18, Rzym 18, Lyon 18, Metz 18, Hamburg 20, Madryt 21, St. Petersburg 21, Adelajda-2 22, Buenos Aires 22, Rio de Janeiro 22, Cincinnati 22, Astana 22, Rio de Janeiro 23, Bastad 23, Rio de Janeiro 24, Dubaj 24
Awatar użytkownika
filip.g

Post autor: filip.g »

Mario pisze:Chyba widziałem jej nazwisko w kwalach do NH jak sprawdzałem wyniki. Trzysetowa wtopa z McHale w 2 rundzie z tego co pamiętam.
Dzięki za info. Trzymam mocno za nią kciuki.
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

10 lat temu wygrała juniorski Wimbledon. Kontuzje dalej niszczą karierę Laury Robson
Spoiler:
https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/tenis/76374 ... -laury-rob

Awatar użytkownika
Damian
Kontakt:

Post autor: Damian »

2018 w liczbach:
Ranking: 564
Bilans meczów: 9/7
Tytuły: 0
Finały: 0
Zarobki: $16,736

MTT - OSIĄGNIĘCIA:

MTT (Singiel) - Tytuły (34) / Finały (20)
Spoiler:
MTT (DEBEL) - Tytuły (7) / Finały (7)
Spoiler:
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Niesamowicie zastopowana przez kontuzje i problemy z formą. Kolejny sezon do kosza.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Lucas

Tenis. Kariera zniszczona przez kontuzje. Laura Robson przeszła kolejną operację
Spoiler:
https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/tenis/86034 ... a-operacje

Awatar użytkownika
Damian
Kontakt:

2019 w liczbach:
Ranking: -
Bilans meczów: 5-4
Zarobki: $1,091

MTT - OSIĄGNIĘCIA:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Po roku przerwy Laura znowu odbija.

MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Damian
Kontakt:

MTT - OSIĄGNIĘCIA:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Awatar użytkownika
Damian
Kontakt:

Laura Robson unsure about her tennis future after undergoing third hip operation
Spoiler:
https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/1 ... -operation

MTT - OSIĄGNIĘCIA:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Awatar użytkownika
Damian
Kontakt:

2021 w liczbach:
Ranking: -
Bilans meczów: 0-0
Zarobki: $0

MTT - OSIĄGNIĘCIA:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ODPOWIEDZ