mtenis.com.pl

mtenis.com.pl

Forum tenisowe ATP
Dzisiaj jest 19 lis 2017, 18:52

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 58 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3
Autor Wiadomość
PostZamieszczono: 15 kwie 2012, 23:09 
Awatar użytkownika

Obrazek

PostZamieszczono: 16 kwie 2012, 10:34 
Awatar użytkownika

PostZamieszczono: 17 kwie 2012, 0:59 
Awatar użytkownika

Obrazek

PostZamieszczono: 17 kwie 2012, 18:44 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Ivan Ljubicic Retires from Tour: A Look at Some of His Career Highlights

Obrazek

Today, 33-year-old Ivan Ljubicic from Croatia retired from the ATP tour. It was known that he would do so at his home tournament, Monte Carlo, this year; the question merely was how far he would go in the tournament.

In the end, his 15 years on the ATP tour ended when he lost in the first round against countryman Ivan Dodig, 6-0, 6-3. That marks a fitting passing of the torch to a countryman a few years younger than Ljubicic.

Ljubicic is the second-greatest Croatian player ever, only slightly overshadowed by Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic. He's well-liked on tour, not least among fellow Croats, to whom he's always been kind of a leader.

Ivan's best years tennis-wise were 2005-2006, when he reached his one and only slam semifinal (losing to Rafael Nadal at the French Open in 2006) and climbed as high as third on the ATP tour rankings. He also reached three Masters finals but lost all of them (to Nadal, Roger Federer and Tomas Berdych).

Moreover, he helped Croatia win the Davis Cup in 2005, winning 11 of his 12 rubbers. In the first round, he and Mario Ancíc became one of two teams to ever defeat the Bryan brothers in a Davis Cup match.

Ljubicic also beat Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick in that tie, the latter in five sets, to create one of the biggest Davis Cup surprises in recent memory (the tie was even played in the US).

See highlights here. Ljubicic and Croatia marched on to the title.

Another highlight for the 6'4" Croat was the 2004 Olympics, where he and Mario Ancíc won a bronze medal.

Obrazek

But perhaps his biggest single success came at the tail end of his career, when he, after having been runner-up in three Masters finals, finally got a win at Indian Wells in 2010, two days before his 31st birthday, becoming the oldest man to win his first Masters final.

Ljubicic went on a dream run, beating world No. 2 Novak Djokovic in straights, Juan Monaco (No. 27) in the quarters, world No. 3 Rafael Nadal in the semis, clinching the third set tiebreak 7-1 after losing the first set and finally, world No. 8 Andy Roddick in two tight tiebreaks.

His big serve, always his most important asset on the court, carried him through what any observer must have thought to be an impossible task beforehand. But Ivan didn't.

Any tennis fan not blinded by a love of one player and one player only must have loved that run. Finally, Ljubicic got his Masters trophy after being denied so many times. It would have been the equivalent, on a smaller scale, to Andy Roddick finally winning at Wimbledon in 2009.

Ljubicic himself recalls that Masters title, the Olympic bronze medal, the Davis Cup win, making it to world No. 3 and making it to the World Tour Finals in 2005 and 2006 as the high points of his career.

Coming into the locker room after his defeat at Monte Carlo, he received an ovation from his fellow players.

"Really to feel also now walking into the locker room, all the guys standing and clapping, it's something beautiful to see how guys respected me and the way I represented them for many, many years," Ljubicic told the ATP, referring to his many years at the Player Council, where he served as president.

Ljubicic retires with a very decent 10-31 against the Big Four (Nadal, Djokovic, Federer, Andy Murray), having beaten all of them at least twice. He won 10 ATP tour titles. But the sweetest one of those 10 was definitely the Masters at Indian Wells. Said Ljubicic to Deuce:

“It was fantastic to have that success at 31. I really enjoyed the tournament from the first round to the final.”

So did we. Good luck, Ivan.

Źródło: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1146 ... his-career

2014: Pekin
2013: Montpellier, Atlanta
2012: Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea

Finały (15):
2017: Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon
2016: Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch
2013: Barcelona, Madryt, Paryż - Bercy
2012: Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea
2011: Los Angeles

Gra podwójna:

Tytuły (4): Wimbledon’13, Australian Open’15, Roland Garros’15, Us Open'17
Finały (2): Us Open’15, Wimbledon’16

PostZamieszczono: 18 kwie 2012, 19:23 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Ljubicic Visits Special Olympics Monaco Centre

Obrazek

Newly retired Croatian Ivan Ljubicic visited the Special Olympics Monaco centre on Wednesday morning in Monte-Carlo. The 33 year old is an ambassador for the organisation and was presented with a poster commemorating his career and retirement during the visit.

Ljubicic, a Monte-Carlo resident, was named ATP Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of Year in 2007 in recognition of his work with the Special Olympics and last year was awarded an ATP Aces for Charity grant for the organisation.

Ljubicic retired from the ATP World Tour with a first-round defeat to countryman Ivan Dodig on Sunday at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... mpics.aspx

Finały (15):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 20 kwie 2012, 7:39 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Ivan Ljubicic: The Journey Continues

Obrazek

Ivan Ljubicic has called time on his playing career, but still feels a responsibility to the game. Richard Evans sits down with the elder statesman, who reflects on his journey and shares what’s next.

With tears in his eyes, Ivan Ljubicic bid farewell to a remarkable playing career here at the Monte Carlo Country Club. His last appearance took the form of a first-round loss to compatriot Ivan Dodig, but it didn’t matter. It was all about what had gone before and now, what path he will take in the future.

The decision this highly intelligent and popular Croat will make in the next few weeks will not only determine his personal future but could have a considerable effect on the sport he has played with such style and dignity since arriving in Monaco as the protégée of the man who guided his entire career, Ricardo Piatti.

"I feel a responsibility to the game"

“I have to decide whether I am going to run for the ATP Board again,” he said as we sat down for a talk in the subterranean players’ lounge. At the moment I am intending just to relax at my home here in Monaco with my wife and two children. I know I will need to do something because I am not the sort of person who can watch TV all day. And I do feel a responsibility to the game.”

Throughout his career, Ljubicic has demonstrated that responsibility to the game. Back in 2006 he was already President of the Players’ Council and, when a position fell vacant in 2008, Ljubicic became one of the few active players ever to serve on the seven-man Board of Directors.

Obrazek

“It was a very different experience from being on the Council,” he explained. “The Council sticks to rules and player issues. But on the Board you are exposed to the whole business of professional sport and find yourself talking about TV rights, sponsorships and calendars. It was fascinating and a huge responsibility and I learned a lot.”

There are those in the game who feel that this involvement with the sports politics hurt his career as it was around this time that his South African Airways ATP Ranking fell from a one time high of No. 3 into the 40s. But, interestingly, Ljubicic refutes this. “Actually the only time I felt my career suffered from involvement with politics came when I was on the Council, not the Board,” he said. “It was at the US Open in 2006 and we had a long meeting the night before I played Feliciano Lopez. There were a couple of big issues that didn’t go the way I wanted because there are 10 guys voting and you never know how things are going to turn out. I got very frustrated and continued talking about it over dinner with my good friend Thomas Johansson. It was on my mind all night and the next day I was completely flat and lost to Lopez 4, 4 and 4. As a result of that I got people to agree to have meetings on Fridays before a tournament rather than Sundays.”

The decision to quit for good was virtually made for him. “I had problems with my ankle, knees, back and was spending 80% of my time dealing with pain. It was not going to get better,” he said before reflecting on the journey that had taken him from his home town of Banja Luka in Boznia Herzogovina, fleeing as a refugee, to luxury retirement in Monaco.

I remember him telling me some time ago about how he and his father were unable to reach their local tennis club one morning because of armed militia barring the way. “That’s right,” he said. “It was the beginning of the war and, after that incident, my father decided it was time to get out. So my mother and my brother and I got the last cargo plan out to Belgrade and then took a very long bus journey through Hungary to get to a refugee camp in Opatija in Croatia. After four months we were ejected because there was only room for native Croatians.”

"We need to be thinking about the future now"

After Mr Ljubicic joined them, they managed to swop their large home in Banja Luka for a small apartment. “Not a fair swap but we had no option,” Ivan recalls sadly.

Then his luck began to change. In 1992, when he was 13, Ivan was chosen as one of a dozen young players invited to go to a big club outside Turin in Italy. “They were fantastic to us – paid for everything,” he says. “It was there I met Ricardo and he asked me to join his team, which included Renzo Furlan and Cristiano Caratti. It meant moving to Monte Carlo and I didn’t hesitate!”

It took him a while to get his foot on the ATP ladder because Piatti’s method of coaching does not cut corners. “You do not get immediate results with Ricardo,” Lubjicic explained. “More than backhands or forehands, he tries to make you an independent person and teaches you to understand yourself. He became a father figure to me.”

Obrazek

Once he had discovered what it took to translate his natural abilities into results, Ljubicic quickly made his presence felt on the tour. Looking back, he picks out the Olympic bronze medal he won with Mario Ancic in the doubles in 2004; the Davis Cup triumph, beating Slovakia in the final in 2005; rising to World No. 3 and then winning his first ATP Masters 1000 title at Indian Wells in 2010 as the four highlights of a fine career.

Personally, I never saw him play better than he did in the year Croatia won the Davis Cup at Carson in California when, against all odds, he took on the full might of the US team and beat them almost off his own bat. After disposing of a shocked Andre Agassi 6-3, 7-6, 6-3, Ljubicic, partnered by Ancic again, then inflicted a first Davis Cup defeat on Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan before clinching the first-round tie with a four-set win over Andy Roddick. It was a virtually flawless performance.

“Actually, I was very confident going into that tie,” he said. “I had just been in three ATP finals in Doha, Rotterdam and Dubai and had lost to Roger Federer in all three. And then the Americans put us on a slow hard court with fast ball – great for me. My kick serve bounced too high for Agassi and he struggled to get it back above his shoulder. Everything worked out perfectly for us.”

"He’s a bright guy, with so much to offer"

Now, as an elder statesman, Ljubicic can take a step back and view the sport as a whole. “As long as the top four guys are out there, obviously the game is in great shape,” he says. “But the ATP must be preparing for the day w

hen world super stars like Roger and Rafa are no longer around. Hopefully Novak and Andy Murray will continue for a long time yet but we need to be thinking about the future now.”

He is talking of innovation; of getting the balance right between court, ball and strings and more. As friend and former player Thomas Johansson says, “He’s such a bright guy, with so much to offer. The game really needs people like Ivan.”

Something tells me Ivan Ljubicic is on the brink of starting a new career.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- ... bicic.aspx

Finały (15):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 26 wrz 2012, 18:04 
Awatar użytkownika

Ivan LJUBICIC: the Davis Cup, my greatest pride (2009) - Road to Roland-Garros

PostZamieszczono: 02 paź 2012, 17:05 
Awatar użytkownika

HEAD Tour TV: Ivan Ljubicic

PostZamieszczono: 03 paź 2012, 19:13 
Awatar użytkownika

HEAD YouTek TV Facebook Tour Interview featuring Ivan Ljubicic

PostZamieszczono: 03 paź 2012, 19:16 
Awatar użytkownika

HEAD YouTek Tour TV - Ivan Ljubicic

PostZamieszczono: 26 gru 2012, 14:22 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
BEST OF 2012
Player Farewells In 2012 - Part Two
Retirements

Obrazek

No. 3 – Ivan Ljubicic (Retired: 15 April)
Through sheer dedication, Ivan Ljubicic battled hardship to become a professional player. As a great server, he was a dangerous opponent for anyone. He reached a career-high No. 3 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings and won 10 ATP World Tour titles, including an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown at the 2010 BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells (d. Roddick). His best major result was a semi-final exit at 2006 Roland Garros (l. to Nadal), but perhaps he will be best remembered for how he went 11-1 in 2005 Davis Cup play to help Croatia to the title. Ljubicic served on the ATP Player Council and was the European player representative on the ATP Board of Directors from August 2008 until January 2009. He was the first active player to serve on Board since Paul Annacone in 1993. ATP Executive Chairman & President Brad Drewett said, “As impressive as his achievements were on the court, Ivan will also be remembered for the way he carried himself away from the court. A true gentleman and ever popular amongst his peers, we thank Ivan for his first-rate contributions to the sport throughout his career, and wish him the very best for the future.” His long-time support of the Special Olympics was recognised when he was named 2007 ATP Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of Year.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... rt-II.aspx

http://film.org.pl/author/przemek-brudzynski/

PostZamieszczono: 13 lut 2013, 22:26 
Awatar użytkownika

Wywiad przed tegorocznym turniejem w Zagrzebiu

PostZamieszczono: 27 mar 2013, 14:56 
Awatar użytkownika

Spoiler:

;)

http://film.org.pl/author/przemek-brudzynski/

PostZamieszczono: 24 lip 2013, 19:49 
Awatar użytkownika

PostZamieszczono: 08 cze 2014, 13:35 
Awatar użytkownika

SF: Bazylea '15 , Doha '15 , Sydney '14 , Paryż '13 , Australian Open '10 , Wimbledon '09 , Belgrad '09 , s'Hertogenbosch '09

PostZamieszczono: 14 gru 2014, 18:21 

PostZamieszczono: 05 sty 2016, 11:01 
Awatar użytkownika

Roger Federer-Edberg split: New coach Ljubicic has remarkable tale to tell

Spoiler:

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/14 ... -tale-tell

PostZamieszczono: 19 mar 2017, 9:43 
Awatar użytkownika

My Masters 1000: Ivan Ljubicic

Spoiler:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/lju ... wells-2017

2017: Doha, Sydney, Dubaj, Miami, Marrakesz, Estoril, s-Hertogenbosch

MTT - Finały (7)
2015: Kuala Lumpur
2016: Queens, Sankt Petersburg
2017: Waszyngton, Winston-Salem, US Open, Sankt Petersburg

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 58 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.