mtenis.com.pl

mtenis.com.pl

Forum tenisowe ATP
Dzisiaj jest 20 lis 2017, 23:46

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 140 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Mardy Fish
PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:22 
Awatar użytkownika

Obrazek Mardy Fish

Obrazek

Cytuj:
Mardy Fish (ur. 9 grudnia 1981 w Edinie) – amerykański tenisista, zwycięzca turniejów ATP Tour w grze pojedynczej i podwójnej. W sumie wygrał 13 zawodów cyklu ATP Tour, 5 w singlu oraz 8 w deblu. Srebrny medalista Igrzysk w Atenach w grze pojedynczej.

Państwo: USA
Miejsce urodzenia: Edina, Minnesota, USA
Miejsce zamieszkania: Tampa, Florida, USA
Wzrost: 188 cm
Masa ciała: 82 kg
Gra praworęczna, oburęczny bh
Status profesjonalny od 2000r.
Trener: David Nainkin

Oficjalna strona: http://www.mardytennis.com

Tytuł: Re: Mardy Fish
PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:34 
Awatar użytkownika

Tytuły Mardy'ego Fisha

#1) Sztokholm, 2003

R1 Paul Bacanello 6-4 7-6(4)
R2 Julien Benneteau 6-4 6-4
QF Mario Ancic 6-4 6-7(7) 7-6(4)
SF Thomas Enqvist 6-4 7-5
W Robin Soderling 7-5 3-6 7-6(4)

Obrazek

--------------------------------------------------

#2) Houston, 2006

R1 Juan Monaco 6-2 1-6 7-6(5)
R2 Rainer Schuettler W/O
QF Vincent Spadea 4-6 7-6(1) 6-2
SF Tommy Haas 4-1 ret.
W Jurgen Melzer 3-6 6-4 6-3

Obrazek

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:44 
Awatar użytkownika

#3) Delray Beach, 2009

R1 Frank Dancevic 7-5 6-3
R2 Vincent Spadea 6-4 6-1
QF Florent Serra 7-6(2) 7-6(4)
SF Jeremy Chardy 6-4 6-1
W Evgeny Korolev 7-5 6-3

Obrazek

---------------------------------------------------

#4) Newport, 2010

R1 Michael Russell 6-1 6-2
R2 Somdev Devvarman 6-2 6-0
QF Frank Dancevic 6-7(6) 6-4 6-4
SF Richard Bloomfield 7-6(5) 6-4
W Olivier Rochus 5-7 6-3 6-4

Obrazek

#5) Atlanta, 2010

R1 James Ward 6-1 6-2
R2 Robby Ginepri 6-1 7-5
QF Taylor Dent 6-3 6-0
SF Andy Roddick 7-6(5) 6-4
W John Isner 4-6 6-4 7-6(4)

Obrazek

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:50 
Awatar użytkownika

Osiągnięcia na dzień dzisiejszy:

Tytuły singlowe (6)
2011 (1) Atlanta
2010 (2) Newport, Atlanta
2009 (1) Delray Beach
2006 (1) Houston
2003 (1) Stockholm

Finały singlowe (14)
2011 (1) Masters1000 Montreal, Los Angeles
2010 (1) Masters1000 Cincinnati, London / Queen's Club
2009 (1) San Jose
2008 (2) New Haven, ATP Masters Series Indian Wells
2007 (1) New Haven
2005 (1) New Haven
2004 (3) Athens Olympics, Halle, San Jose
2003 (3) ATP Masters Series Cincinnati, Nottingham, Delray Beach

Tytuły deblowe (8)
2010 (2) Waszyngton (w/Knowles), San Jose (w/Querrey)
2009 (2) ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells (w/Roddick), Memphis (w/Knowles)
2008 (1) Newport (w/Isner)
2004 (2) Houston (w/Blake), San Jose (w/Blake)
2002 (1) Houston (w/Roddick)

Finały w deblu (2)
2011 (1) ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rzym (w/Roddick)
2006 (1) Memphis (w/Blake)

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:51 

Cytuj:
Fish catches Atlanta title in oppressive heat

Mardy Fish won his second straight title by outlasting fellow American John Isner in brutal heat, 4-6 6-4 7-6 (7-4) in the ATP Atlanta Championships.

The 49th-ranked Fish followed up title success at his prior event, the grass tournament this month at Newport the week after Wimbledon.

The match win was the ninth in a row for the inspired American, who came through in just under three hours in blistering 37 Celsius degree conditions.

"It feels great. This is what I've been putting in the work for. I feel as good as I've ever felt in my career,'' said Fish, winner of his last 10 matches and a winner of two tournametns in a year for the first time in his career.

"Playing in the heat, you have to convince yourself you feel better than the other guy, even if you're feling it. I struggled at the end of the match. I wasn't used to the weather as I had played at night.

"I felt great until about five-all in the third set, but I didn't want to leave anything out there. I was maybe a little lucky to pull through. It was a extremely physical match with all of the heat. He's no fun to play. He gives a lot of people trouble.

"My confidence is really high right now.''

Second seed Isner, winner of the longest match ever played in the sport when he won in the first round at Wimbledon, may still not have totally overcome the mental physical drain from that 11-hour contest a month ago.

Isner remains on one title this season, obtained at the start of the season in Auckland.

"Conditions were brutal again,'' said Isner. "The first hour was the hottest. It took a lot out of both of us. I've never played in conditions this hot and humid.

"We were both just scrapping it out. This is the third final this year that I could have won. It's disappointing - four finals this year and I've lost my last three.

"I know that sooner or later it will happen - I'll make sure of that. It stinks to lose this tournament.''

The second seed was unable to put the match away after winning the first set with the break of serve which counted at the end after missing on his first five.

But Fish, playing in the faster daytime conditions which speed up the court and ball, managed to find his rhythm in the second as the heat began to war down big man Isner.

Floridian Fish profitted as Isner struck a double-fault to set up a set point, which Fish grabbed to square the sets at one each.

The sixth seed went up a 3-1 break in the third set only to lose it a game later. As the last set wound into a tiebreaker Fish's form again began to lift.

The winner over top seed Andy Roddick in the semi-finals earned a 4-1 margin, held off Isner and earned three match points as Isner hit a tired return long.

Fish advanced to victory on his second chance on a concluding unforced error from his weary opponent.

Fish lost around 15 kilograms last autumn as he recovered from knee surgery and the results has been a vast improvement in his game and fitness.

He now stands 16-2 on the ATP since the start of June after earning a finals spot on grass at Queen's club but losing to American Sam Querrey.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni ... 5897088883

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:51 

Cytuj:
A Leaner Fish Hungers for Open Success

MASON, Ohio – The burger joint taunted Mardy Fish.

“I stare out the window from my hotel at a place called ‘Five Guys,’ Fish said the other day. “That’s incredible food.”

A year ago, Fish might have succumbed to the temptation. But this is a different man – in both mind and bulk. And now, shed of 30 pounds from the weight he has carried most of his career, he might finally be considered a viable contender at the United States Open.

Fish, 28, has long been a solid player on the men’s tennis tour – good enough to make the main draws, rarely able to make much of a racket at major tournaments. But knee surgery and a dedication to a better diet a year ago have changed Fish, ranked 36th and now in possible position to secure one of the Open’s 32 seeds.

His 170-pound frame has a spryness that has added an intriguing dimension of quickness to his all-around game. It has helped him become one of the best players of the summer, winner of two tournaments (Newport and Atlanta) and 15 out of 16 matches.

On Friday, in the heat of the day at the Cincinnati event, Fish beat fourth-ranked Andy Murray for the third time this year in a sweaty, tight match, 6-7(7), 6-1, 7-6(5). It was the third top-10 player Fish has beaten in the past month, and lifted him to Saturday’s semifinals, where Fish awaited either Novak Djokovic or Andy Roddick.

Murray won last week in Toronto, and played a daily succession of daytime matches here. Between points against Fish, he often looked more anguished than usual, bending over to catch his breath or wincing as he limped around the court. He often dropped his racket and put his hands on his knees. After losing the second-to-last point, he fired a ball out of the stadium and received a warning from the chair umpire.

Fish, the crowd favorite, displayed no such drama.

“I don’t get tired as much with 30 less pounds than I did before, so I’m able to do a lot more. I’m able to train harder and train longer, you know — train for more hours, even days before matches, weeks before tournaments, things like that. So as far as affecting my mobility, it’s been everything. I mean, it’s night and day. I feel extremely good on the court, on and off the court. I feel like a completely different player.”

It allows him to be even quicker at the net, a large part of Fish’s arsenal, and he is now better built to chase balls along the baseline. The lost weight has not cost him much strength; he still wields a healthy 130-m.p.h. first serve.

In winning at Atlanta, Fish beat Andy Roddick and John Isner, two higher-profile and higher-ranked Americans. In the second round at Cincinnati, he beat No. 8 Fernando Verdasco with the help of 18 aces.

Change came a year ago, when Fish missed the United States Open because of knee surgery. He said it was the lowest point of his career. Sensing his tennis mortality, he was determined to make a late-career push with a newer, slimmer self.

He last played the Open in 2008, reaching the quarterfinals, where he lost to Nadal, after not getting beyond the second round in eight previous appearances.

A similar run looks increasingly plausible. Fish, by shedding weight, has shown that less can be more.

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... ref=tennis

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:52 

Znakomity turniej Mardy'ego i świetna gra w finale. Miło patrzy się na tak agresywny i pełen polotu tenis, zwłaszcza uwagę zwraca ogromny luz, wręcz nonszalancja, z jaka Amerykanin uderza piłkę. W dobie tłuczenia na spiętych pośladach, miło jest widzeń kogoś z naturalnym talentem do gry. Oby taka forma towarzyszyła mu w kolejnych występach.

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:53 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Szkoda Fisha. 3 finał Mastersa i 3 przegrany w bardzo dramatycznych okolicznościach, po wyrównanej 3-setówce.

2003 Cincinnati: 1-2 do Roddicka (Mardy miał 2 MP, oba Roddick obronił asami)
2008 Indian Wells: 1-2 do Djokovicia
2010 Cincinnati: 1-2 do Federera

Do tego przegrany w 5 setach finał IO w Atenach. GDYBY udało się wygrać połowę z tych spotkań to dorobek Ryby byłby naprawdę niczego sobie.

Oby Amerykanin utrzymał taką formę do końca sezonu.

--------------
http://blog.gvtnews.com/2010/08/22/mard ... px?ref=rss

Cytuj:
American Mardy Fish has withdrawn from Pilot Pen Tennis due to fatigue.

Fish wycofał się z NH, jedyna słuszna decyzja.

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (18)
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:53 

Cytuj:
US Open. Mardy Fish wśród faworytów. Wszystko dzięki... diecie

Mardy Fish od lat należy do czołówki amerykańskich tenisistów, ale w wieku 28 lat osiągnął życiową formę. W lipcu wygrał dwa turnieje pod rząd, a w Cincinnati, będącym próbą generalną przed US Open przegrał dopiero w finale po zaciętej walce z Rogerem Federerem. W ostatnim tegorocznym turnieju wielkoszlemowym należy do głównych faworytów. A wszystko dzięki radykalnej diecie.

Najwyższe miejsce w karierze w rankingu ATP, siedemnaste, Mardy Fish osiągnął w marcu 2004 roku jako 23-latek. Od tej pory (z kilkoma przerwami spowodowanymi przez kontuzje) utrzymuje się w pierwszej setce na świecie, ale już od dawna Amerykanie nie wiązali z nim nadziei na kontynuacje wielkich sukcesów Andre Agassiego i Pete'a Samprasa. Fish pozostawał w cieniu Andy'ego Roddicka i Jamesa Blake'a a ostatnio także Johna Isnera i Sama Querrey'a. Wszystko zmieniło jesienią zeszłego roku.

Koniec z pizzą i cheeseburgerami

Mardy Fish doszedł do wniosku, że ból lewego kolana który dokuczał mu od paru miesięcy jest spowodowany nadwagą i postanowił zupełnie odmienić swój tryb życia. Według słów zawodnika decyzję o przejściu na dietę podjął dokładnie w dniu operacji kolana, czyli 28 września 2009 roku. Kto wie, czy data ta nie zapisze się tym samym w historii amerykańskiego tenisa.

- Mógłbym zawsze jeść cokolwiek bym chciał, i może co gorsze, kiedykolwiek bym chciał. Cheeseburgery i pizzę. Rzeczy których profesjonalny sportowiec nie powinien jeść. Miałem po prostu złe nawyki żywieniowe i nie wiedziałem, co jest dobre a co nie. Myślę, że byłem świadomy tego co jadłem, ale przekonywałem się, że wszystko jest ok. - zwierzał się Fish.

Tenisista zrezygnował z wszelkich fast-foodów i przestał jeść po 18.30. Wystarczyło. W styczniu, po czterech miesiącach od ostatniego oficjalnego spotkania, Fish wrócił na korty odmieniony. Na Australian Open przyjechał chudszy o dziewięć kilogramów. Do lipca stracił kolejne 4,5 kilo. - Nawet nie myślałem, ze mam do zrzucenia 30 funtów - przyznał Amerykanin. - Czuję się świetnie, jak zupełnie inny zawodnik - dodał. Mierzący 188 centymetrów zawodnik w ciągu dziewięciu miesięcy zbił wagę z 90 do około 76,5 kilograma. - Patrzę na swoje zdjęcia z kortu i porównuję z nowymi. "Nie mówcie mi, że tak wyglądałem!" - żartuje Fish.

Życiowe sukcesy

Zmiana przełożyła się na wyniki. Już na początku sezonu Fish doszedł do półfinałów w Sydney i Derlay Beach, ale naprawdę wystrzelił w lipcu, kiedy triumfował w dwóch turniejach pod rząd: w prestiżowej imprezie na trawiastych kortach w Newport a następnie w Atlancie, gdzie w drodze po tytuł pokonał najmocniejszych obecnie rodaków Andy'ego Roddicka i Johna Isnera. - To szczyt mojej kariery. Nigdy nie wygrałem dwóch turniejów w ciągu roku, a teraz wygrałem dwa turnieje pod rząd. Nigdy nie miałem serii dziesięciu wygranych meczów - emocjonował się Fish po turnieju w Atlancie.

Fish wśród faworytów US Open

Na tym jednak nie poprzestał. Na turnieju Masters w Cincinnati, będącym próbą generalną przed rozpoczynającym się w poniedziałek US Open Fish doszedł do finału, gdzie po emocjonującym meczu przegrał 7:6 (7-5), 6:7 (1-7), 4:6 z Rogerem Federerem. Po drodze pokonał Fernando Verdasco, Andy'ego Murray'a i Andy'ego Roddicka. Nie umknęło to uwadze ekspertów. W nadchodzącym US Open bukmacherzy wyżej niż Fisha oceniają szansę jedynie Federera, Murray'a i Rafaela Nadala, mimo że Amerykanin jest obecnie na 21. miejscu na świecie a rozstawiony jest z numerem 19. - Z pewnością gram najlepszy tenis w życiu - komentuje Fish, który wkrótce obchodzić będzie 29 urodziny, a więc osiągnie wiek w którym wielu graczy przymierza się do przejścia na emeryturę.

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,101357,8300 ... ki___.html

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:54 
Awatar użytkownika

15.11.2010r.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0g2o95w0wI7YT/232x263.jpg?center=0.5,0

Mardy Fish dosyć niespodziewanie awansował w dniu dzisiejszym na najlepszą pozycję rankingową w karierze. Amerykanin jest obecnie na 16 miejscu.

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:54 
Awatar użytkownika

2010 w liczbach

Cytuj:
Ranking: 16
Tytuły: 2 (Newport, Atlanta)
Finały: 2 (Queens, Cincinnati)
Bilans gier:40-14
Zarobki: $933,878

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:55 

Cytuj:
Fish Earns SF Berth, Top Dog Status

Obrazek

Mardy Fish produced another quality performance at the Sony Ericsson Open, defeating No. 6 seed David Ferrer 7-5, 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Miami.

The conditions were tough for both players, but Fish handled the circumstances better, continuing to pressure his opponent when the Spaniard became frustrated. "You know you're not going to play well going out there… the ball is not exactly where you want it to be with the wind like that,” said Fish.

“I know that in the back of my mind… [I did not play] nearly as well as I played yesterday, because the ball is not going to be in the position I want it to be in, the wind might take the ball longer or shorter than yesterday, and you're not going to be as dialed in. I knew that. I tried to use it to my advantage.”

Fish, the lone American left in either singles draw, kept alive the possibility of a player from the United States winning the men's event for a second consecutive season. Andy Roddick took home the trophy in 2010 but was bounced in the second round last week. With the win, Fish will become the highest-ranked American for the first time on Monday, overtaking Roddick.

Tennis analyst and Fish’s former Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe is thrilled about the landmark Fish will acquire next week.

“It’s a testament to Mardy’s commitment in the last couple years to become the best player he can be, so I couldn’t be happier for him and prouder of what he’s done. I think it is a milestone,” McEnroe told http://www.sonyericssonopen.com after the match concluded.

“I know Mardy’s big goal is to get to the Top 10 and he’s very close to doing that now, so I think it sets him up (hopefully knock on wood), he can stay healthy the rest of the year and has a great shot to finish in Top 10 and even higher.”

Fish evened his record against Ferrer to three wins and three losses, and is seeded to meet Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals. The World No. 2 tonight plays Kevin Anderson, the South African who shocked the Serb in their only meeting, in Miami three years ago, when Djokovic was defending champion.

Djokovic and the No. 14-seeded Fish have met five times, and the 2007 Miami champion is yet to lose to the Floridian. Their most notable match came at the final of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event at Indian Wells in 2008, when Djokovic edged Fish in a close three-set match. The Serbian is riding a 23-match winning streak dating back to last December’s Davis Cup Final and Fish isn’t taken aback by Djokovic’s results.

“It's really not that surprising when you watch him play that he hasn't lost yet, because he's playing so well,” commented Fish about Djokovic’s undefeated record this season.
“He's not going to win every single match this year. Whether it be this week or in July, he's not going to win every one. It's just not possible. So hopefully it can be me.”

Though Djokovic will be the heavy favorite against Fish should he get past Anderson, McEnroe isn’t ready to write off Fish’s chances. “Mardy’s got to serve well like he did today against Ferrer. He’s got to be aggressive when he can, but also has to be consistent, so it’s a fine line,” said McEnroe.

“Djokovic has been unbelievable this year… but Mardy is playing with a lot of confidence and he’s had three great wins in a row here, so he should be primed.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... tatus.aspx

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:56 
Awatar użytkownika

18.04.2011 - Mardy Fish w Top-10!

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 10

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:57 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Mardy został 4 najstarszym tenisistą, jeżeli chodzi o wiek, w którym po raz pierwszy wtargnął do Top-10. W momencie awansu do grona 10 najlepszych graczy świata Fish miał 29 lat, 4 miesiące i 9 dni.

Cytuj:
Statystyka:

1. Tony Roche (AUS) - 30 (2 mos., 9 days) - No. 9 - July 26, 1975
2. Jurgen Melzer (AUT) - 29 (8 mos., 9 days) - No. 10 - Jan. 31, 2011
3. Alex Metreveli (RUS) - 29 (7 mos., 1 day) - No. 9 - June 3, 1974
4. Mardy Fish (USA) - 29 (4 mos., 9 days) - No. 10 - Apr. 18, 2011
5. Radek Stepanek (CZE) - 27 (7 mos., 13 days) - No. 8 - July 10, 2006
6. Jiri Novak (CZE) - 27 (6 mos., 22 days) - No. 9 - Oct. 14, 2002
7. Jan Kodes (CZE) - 27 (6 mos., 12 days) - No. 5 - Sept. 13, 1973
8. Guillermo Canas (ARG) - 27 (5 mos., 14 days) - No. 10 - May 9, 2005
9. Tom Gorman (USA) - 27 (4 mos., 12 days) - No. 10 - May 1, 1974
10.Bill Scanlon (USA) - 27 (1 mo., 27 days) - No. 9 - Jan. 9, 1984

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (18)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:57 
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 8

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 20:58 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Wimbledon 2011 - 3 wielkoszlemowy ćwierćfinał Fisha!

Obrazek

Amerykański tenisista po raz pierwszy zagrał w 1/4 Wimbledonu 4-setowym boju przegrał z Rafaelem Nadalem. Wcześniej Mardy Fish 2 razy zagrał w najlepszej '8' turnieju WS: AO 2007 i US Open 2008.

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (18)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 20 lip 2011, 16:22 
Awatar użytkownika

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek

hahaha :D hahaha

PostZamieszczono: 25 lip 2011, 21:32 
Awatar użytkownika

#6) Atlanta 2011

Obrazek

R32 BYE
R16 Nicolas Mahut (FRA) 6-3 6-3
Q Somdev Devvarman (IND) 6-4, 6-3
S Ryan Harrison (USA) 6-2, 6-4
W John Isner (USA) 3-6, 7-6(6), 6-2

Warto podkreślić, że Mardy wybronił 2 mp! ;)

PostZamieszczono: 27 lip 2011, 16:40 

Cytuj:
Mardy Fish gets comfortable with rank

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Mardy Fish has been the top-ranked American tennis player for almost three months now and he's getting more comfortable in that role. In a sense, though, he feels more like the caretaker to the throne than its occupant.

"Andy (Roddick) in my opinion is always going to be top dog of our generation," said Fish, who is No. 9 in the ATP World Tour rankings and the top seed in this week's Farmers Classic at the Los Angeles Tennis Center-UCLA.

"It's hard to think that just because of four or five or six months that I'm ahead of him (in the rankings) you can say that over a 10-year period I've had a better career. That's not accurate. He's gone through a lot more stress as far as (being asked) why American tennis isn't better. He's had the brunt of the questions for the most part so I'm happy to maybe take a little bit on my shoulders," he said.

Fish, who won his sixth career title at Atlanta on Sunday, did interviews and signed autographs while the first round of the tournament concluded Tuesday. He'll play his first match here on Thursday, against Gilles Muller of Luxembourg, who beat reigning NCAA singles champion Steve Johnson of USC 2-6, 6-3, 6-4.

James Blake, a tournament finalist in 2007, beat Michael Berrer of Germany 6-2, 6-3 Tuesday night and will face No. 2 seed Juan Martin del Potro on Wednesday night.

UCLA's Daniel Kosakowski, the No. 1 player for the Bruins as a freshman, advanced to the second round by beating fellow qualifier Tim Smyczek 2-6, 6-1, 6-3, and then turned professional. Ernests Gulbis of Latvia upset No. 5 seed Xavier Malisse of Belgium 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (5); Ryan Harrison of the U.S. overcame Richard Bernakis of Lithuania 6-7 (4), 7-5, 6-3; Igor Kunitsyn of Russia ousted Fernando Gonzalez of Chile 6-4, 6-3; Alex Bogomolov Jr. of the U.S. topped Greg Jones of Australia 4-6, 6-1, 6-1; and Alejandro Falla of Colombia beat Laurynas Gregelis of Lithuania 6-2, 6-4.

In the final match of the night, Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria beat two-time tourney champion Tommy Haas of Germany, 6-3, 6-2.

Fish, who revived his career by focusing on diet and fitness after a severe knee injury in the fall of 2009, is eligible to be called a late bloomer, and that has given the 29-year-old the perspective necessary to wear the mantle of No. 1, too.

"Something like playing Davis Cup, being on the team with him (Roddick) and playing the No. 1 spot, I've never done that before, so that's different," Fish said. "All these experiences are different for me. Being the No. 1 seed at a few events this summer. I've never done that before. These are all new experiences for me. I'm lucky to be old enough to sort of step back and realize where I am (in my career) and where I am in the rankings and a little more mature where I can understand what I'm doing."

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/68 ... d-american

PostZamieszczono: 01 sie 2011, 15:39 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Przegrany finał w Los Angeles.

Mardy Fish zagrał w LA w swoim 19 finale ATP Tour. Niestety, mecz nie zakończył się po myśli 29-letniego Amerykanina, który walczył o swój 7 tytuł w karierze. Zamiast tego musi zadowolić się 13 porażką w tego typu meczu. Bilans Fisha w finałach ATP wynosi teraz 6-13.

Mardy Fish - finały singlowe (13)
2011 (1) Los Angeles
2010 (1) London / Queen's Club, Masters1000 Cincinnati
2009 (1) San Jose
2008 (2) New Haven, ATP Masters Series Indian Wells
2007 (1) New Haven
2005 (1) New Haven
2004 (3) Athens Olympics, Halle, San Jose
2003 (3) ATP Masters Series Cincinnati, Nottingham, Delray Beach

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (18)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 140 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.