mtenis.com.pl

mtenis.com.pl

Forum tenisowe ATP
Dzisiaj jest 25 lis 2017, 3:05

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 64 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3, 4  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
PostZamieszczono: 24 paź 2012, 13:35 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
VALENCIA OPEN 2012
Ferrero Reflects On Emotional Exit In Valencia

Obrazek
Juan Carlos Ferrero called time on his 14-year career on Tuesday.

Juan Carlos Ferrero reflected on a "very emotional week" following his first-round loss to close friend and countryman Nicolas Almagro on Tuesday at the Valencia Open 500. Defeat marked the end of the 32 year old’s 14-year career on the ATP World Tour. Ferrero cried as he received a standing ovation on court at the Agora Building.

"This is a very special week, a very emotional week," said Ferrero. "Today on court it was very emotional, but it’s been very emotional since the tournament started.

"There were two sides of the coin to playing against Nico," continued the Villena native, who had trained hard in the lead up to Valencia and was hoping to win one or two matches before bowing out.

"When I first saw the draw, I was really not happy because he was one of the few players I didn’t want to play. We’re best friends, we practise together, and Nico is also trying to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. I was really not happy, but then, the nice side of it is that I played my last match against a very important person for me, a great friend."

View Ferrero Retirement Tribute

He may be hanging up his racquet, but Ferrero still intends to stay involved in the tennis world. As well as running his academy, the Juan Carlos Ferrero – Equelite in Villena, the Spaniard revealed he may take up a coaching role with Almagro next season.

"There’s a good chance that I will be travelling with Nico to a few tournaments next year, maybe as a coach. It was nice to play my last match against him," said Ferrero, who was joined in his press conference by Almagro.

"I’ve always been a very competitive person and a winner, and I felt like I didn’t have it within me anymore," explained the 2003 Roland Garros champion, who reached No. 1 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings in September 2003. "It takes a lot to keep up with what the level is. I could probably still be around for some time, but because I’ve always been a perfectionist, I want to stop now."

Ferrero is set to compete in the doubles with David Ferrer on Wednesday afternoon. The pair faces Carlos Berlocq and Alexandr Dolgopolov. Later in the day, there will be an official send-off for Ferrero, featuring the likes of Rafael Nadal, Alex Corretja, Carlos Moya, Albert Costa and golfer Sergio Garcia.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... s-Out.aspx

http://film.org.pl/author/przemek-brudzynski/

PostZamieszczono: 24 paź 2012, 14:38 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Wypowiedzi zawodników i zawodniczek.

Cytuj:
Juan Carlos Ferrero
"I’ve always been a very competitive person and a winner, and I felt like I didn’t have it within me anymore. It takes a lot to keep up with what the level is. I could probably still be around for some time, but because I’ve always been a perfectionist, I want to stop now."

Cytuj:
David Ferrer
"Juan Carlos has been a very important player for Spanish tennis. He was World No. 1, he was the one who won the third point when Spain first won the Davis Cup and opened the way for many more players to follow and more Davis Cup victories of our country. He was and is my best friend on the tour. He's a person that is very close to me and a friend of many friends of mine. He’s a very humble and noble person."

Cytuj:
Maria Sharapova after her French Open win
“I remember that two years ago, Juan Carlos told me that he thought that with a few little adjustments in my game, I could win Roland Garros. I don’t think many more people thought that. [...] I wanted to come to the Juan Carlos Ferrero – Equelite Academy to rest and share this triumph with them, as they have always treated me fantastically and believed in me, as well as because of my friendship with Juan Carlos. On top of my family and my coach [Thomas Hogstedt], I would also like to thank my physio, Juan Reque, and the doctor Nacho Muñoz for the last few years, in which they have helped me overcome physical issues that threatened my tennis career.”

Cytuj:
Andy Roddick
"I have a huge amount of respect for him and enjoyed being on the tour with him for so long. He always acted with great professionalism and earned the respect of his peers throughout his distinguished career"

Cytuj:
Nicolas Almagro
"Maybe it was the most bitter win of my career as a great tennis player is leaving us, I hope he'll be with me for a few weeks next year and I think we'll have some fun. I still have a lot to learn from him."

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (18)
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 24 paź 2012, 15:47 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Juan Carlos Ferrero: Inspiring A Nation

Obrazek
Juan Carlos Ferrero has retired at his hometown event, the Valencia Open 500.

Juan Carlos Ferrero always appeared to be a sportsman fashioned in a bygone era. By nature of his personality, he let his tennis do the talking, remaining intensely private and loyal to those he trusted.

Determined to become a champion, working diligently to fine-tune his natural abilities – particularly on clay courts – in a disciplined yet understated manner, Ferrero never boasted about his greatness. Always charming, humble and stylish throughout his career, it wasn't in his nature to be a crowd-pleaser. His mother, Rosario, never approved of tennis players who were too exuberant. When she died in 1998, two years after Ferrero had left Onteniente to join Antonio Martinez at the Villena Tennis Academy, the 17 year old became withdrawn and resolved to dedicate wholeheartedly to professional tennis in her honour.

Having finished runner-up to Fernando Gonzalez at the 1998 Roland Garros juniors, it was clear he was going to be something very special, when, in the following year, Ferrero was named ATP Newcomer of the Year after rocketing up a colossal 302 places in the South African Airways ATP Rankings to World No. 43. Twelve months later, he helped Spain capture its first Davis Cup title and for four seasons he was the man to beat on clay. Between 2000 and 2003, he compiled a 111-25 match record on red dirt – winning three of his four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies – and went 23-2 at Roland Garros, where he finished runner-up in 2002 and captured the 2003 crown.

Seemingly, each year, he upgraded all aspects of his game – especially his serve and forehand. Without losing his agility, he played with great subtlety and deceptive power in order to consistently outclass Gustavo Kuerten and countrymen Alex Corretja, Albert Costa and Carlos Moya on clay courts. With men's professional tennis evolving at the start of the 21st century, El Mosquito's slight stature, speed, finesse and ability to conjure winning strokes from nothing delighted the purists and his willingness to improve on other surfaces was rewarded by a rise to the pinnacle of the sport.

Obrazek

Just three months after expectation became reality, when Ferrero beat Dutchman Martin Verkerk 6-1, 6-3, 6-2 for his lone Grand Slam championship title in Paris, the 23-year-old became World No. 1 on 8 September 2003, replacing Andre Agassi. Ferrero reigned for eight weeks until Andy Roddick, his conqueror, 6-3, 7-6(2), 6-3, in the US Open final, unseated him.

By example, he inspired a future generation of Spanish talent, including David Ferrer and Rafael Nadal. Ferrer exclusively told ATPWorldTour.com, "Juan Carlos has been a very important player for Spanish tennis. He was World No. 1, he was the one who won the third point when Spain first won the Davis Cup and opened the way for many more players to follow and more Davis Cup victories of our country. He was and is my best friend on the tour. He's a person that is very close to me and a friend of many friends of mine. He’s a very humble and noble person."

In total, he spent 176 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings until 13 September 2004 when injuries and loss of form took their toll. Headstrong, possessing an iron will, his love for the sport never faltered as he worked hard to return to the highest level. In 2009, he broke a 110-tournament title drought by clinching his 16th tour-level trophy at Casablanca and the following year, during the golden swing of Latin American tournaments, Ferrero produced a series of vintage performances in compiling a 14-1 record to return to the Top 20. Overall, he was 16-18 in finals.

Away from the spotlight, Ferrero eschewed a millionaire's lifestyle of a mansion on the Mediterranean coast and still resides at the academy, which harnessed his dreams as a teenager, playing golf and pursuing his passion for cars and bikes. With Martinez, his coach since 1989, he wisely looked to life outside of professional tennis while at the peak of his career by investing in a number of projects.

At 32, Ferrero is calling time on his career, highly motivated to succeed in sporting retirement with the La Fundación de la Comunidad Valenciana Juan Carlos Ferrero, which promotes sports for youth in and around Valencia, and the 12-suite Hotel Ferrero in Bocairente that he developed in July 2007, plus as joint-owner of the Valencia Open 500, an ATP World Tour 500 tournament each October.

Roddick, who retired at the US Open in September, paid tribute to Ferrero by admitting to ATPWorldTour.com, "I have a huge amount of respect for him and enjoyed being on the tour with him for so long. He always acted with great professionalism and earned the respect of his peers throughout his distinguished career."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- ... ibute.aspx

PostZamieszczono: 24 paź 2012, 20:21 
Awatar użytkownika

ATP Uncovered Pays Tribute To Juan Carlos Ferrero

PostZamieszczono: 24 paź 2012, 20:42 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Jak pewnie wszyscy wiedzą - w wieku 17 lat Juan Carlos stracił matkę, Rosario. Często później wspominał, że jej osoba była inspiracją dla jak najlepszej gry w tenisa.

Newcomer of the Year 1999
8.9.2003 - osiągnął pozycję numer 1 rankingu ATP
Otworzył Akademią tenisową 'Juan Carlos Ferrero – Equelite Academy'
Otworzył Hotel Ferrero
Jest współwłaścicielem Valencia Open. :o

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (18)
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 27 paź 2012, 19:12 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
CHARITY
Juan Carlos Ferrero Foundation Accepts ATP ACES For Charity Grant
Valencia, Spain

Obrazek

Juan Carlos Ferrero accepts a €10,000 grant for his foundation from ATP ACES for Charity.

Juan Carlos Ferrero received a €10,000 ATP ACES For Charity grant for the Juan Carlos Ferrero Foundation from ATP Executive Chairman and President Brad Drewett and ATP CEO Europe Laurent Delanney in the final tournament of his career at the Valencia Open 500.

“I want to thank the ATP for choosing to support my foundation through the ATP Aces for Charity grant programme,” said Ferrero. “This donation is very much appreciated and will help children in need get closer to tennis.”

Ferrero played his last singles match against countryman Nicolas Almagro and is competing in the doubles event with David Ferrer. The 32-year-old Villena resident has managed a number of off-court activities during his time on the ATP World Tour, including his foundation, a tennis academy and Hotel Ferrero.

“Tennis has given me a lot throughout the years and it is very important for me to be able to give something back,” Ferrero said. “Now that I am retiring from professional tennis I am looking forward to spending more time on my projects such as the Fundacion Juan Carlos Ferrero.”

Ferrero is among 14 recipients of the 2012 ATP ACES For Charity grants, supporting a range of causes worldwide, from children’s social services and youth enrichment programmes to healthcare, HIV/AIDS education and earthquake relief.

The ATP ACES For Charity programme, launched in 2011, is a global initiative aimed at giving back to communities where ATP World Tour events are played, as well as recognising and supporting tournament and player charitable initiatives.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... ation.aspx

PostZamieszczono: 09 lis 2012, 22:21 
Awatar użytkownika

London Finale 2012 Friday Feature Ferrero

PostZamieszczono: 10 lis 2012, 13:02 

PostZamieszczono: 10 lis 2012, 13:04 

PostZamieszczono: 10 lis 2012, 13:05 

PostZamieszczono: 18 gru 2012, 16:52 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
2012 w liczbach

Ranking: 213
Bilans meczów: 5-12 (29,4 %)
Łączna liczba spotkań: 17
Tytuły: -
Finały: -
Zarobki: $193,976

PostZamieszczono: 26 gru 2012, 14:04 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
BEST OF 2012
Player Farewells In 2012 - Part Two
Retirements

Obrazek

No. 1 – Juan Carlos Ferrero (Retired: 15 October)
Juan Carlos Ferrero always let his tennis do the talking, remaining intensely private and loyal to those he trusted throughout his career. When his mother, Rosario, died in 1998, he started his journey to become a champion, working diligently to fine-tune his natural abilities – particularly on clay courts. Between 2000 and 2003, he compiled a 111-25 match record on clay courts – winning three of his four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies – and went 23-2 at Roland Garros, where he finished runner-up in 2002 and captured the 2003 crown. El Mosquito was slight of stature, but his speed, finesse and ability to conjure winning strokes from nothing delighted the purists. Aged 23, he became World No. 1 on 8 September 2003, replacing Andre Agassi. Ferrero reigned for eight weeks until Roddick, his conqueror in the US Open final, unseated him. In total, he spent 176 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings until 13 September 2004. He also won two Davis Cup titles with Spain. Away from the spotlight, Ferrero eschewed a millionaire's lifestyle and still resides at the academy, which harnessed his dreams as a teenager. At 32, Ferrero is involved in La Fundación de la Comunidad Valenciana Juan Carlos Ferrero, which promotes sports for youth in and around Valencia, owns a 12-suite hotel and is joint-owner of the Valencia Open 500, an ATP World Tour 500 tournament each October. He will work as Nicolas Almagro's part-time coach in 2013.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... rt-II.aspx

PostZamieszczono: 08 kwie 2013, 20:58 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Juan Carlos Ferrero – Hiszpan naznaczony kontuzjami

Obrazek

Juan Carlos Ferrero to kolejny, po Amerykaninie Andym Roddicku, były lider światowego rankingu, który żegna się z tenisowym tourem. 32-letni Hiszpan udział w zawodowych imprezach zakończył we wtorek, odpadając w pierwszej rundzie turnieju w Walencji. Mimo że jego zakończenie kariery nie odbiło się tak szerokim echem w mediach, jak chociażby rozbrat z tenisem Roddicka, to jednak wypada napisać kilka słów o wojowniku z Villeny. Tym bardziej, że jego młodzieńcze lata i kariera, nie były usłane różami. Wcześnie musiał pogodzić się ze śmiercią matki, a później radzić sobie z kontuzjami, które go nie oszczędzały.

W gąszczu meczowych relacji, wywiadów dotyczących stricte spraw sportowych, artykułów i analiz postaw zawodników na korcie, często zapomina się o tym, że tenisiści to też ludzie. Tak samo jak wszyscy, mają swoje rodziny, własne problemy czy uczucia. Dlatego też, kiedy na światło dzienne wychodzą informacje z prywatnego życia sportowców, często jesteśmy zaskoczeni, tym co przeżyli. Dla niektórych historia Juana Carlosa Ferrero również może stać się powodem do refleksji. Dlaczego? Ponieważ pokazuje, jak ważną cechą w życiu jest silna psychika.

Cały czas pod górę

Strata matki to z pewnością cios, po którym trudno się otrząsnąć. Juan Carlos musiał to zrobić już w wieku 16 lat, bo właśnie wtedy jego matka, Rosario, zmarła na raka. Popularny „Mosqutio” postawił przed sobą cel wejścia na tenisowy piedestał, a inspiracją miała być i zresztą była dla niego jego matka.

Hiszpan systematycznie pokonywał kolejne szczeble w karierze, by w wieku 19 lat spełnić jedno ze swoich marzeń – wygrać turniej rangi ATP. Miało to miejsce w Walencji, gdzie po trzysetowym boju pokonał rodaka – Alex Corretja. Oczywiście na korcie typu clay, ponieważ właśnie na pomarańczowej mączce czuł się najlepiej. Hiszpan wygrał aż 13 turniejów na tej nawierzchni, a dla porównania, na kortach twardych triumfował tylko trzy razy. Co więcej, ani razu nie cieszył się z triumfu na korcie trawiastym.

Życiowy sukces osiągnął w Paryżu, na kortach Rolanda Garrosa w 2003 roku. Właśnie wtedy sięgnął po pierwszy – i jak się później okazało – ostatni tytuł wielkoszlemowy. Kilka miesięcy później rozegrał rewelacyjny turniej na US Open, gdzie w finale uległ reprezentantowi gospodarzy – Andy’emu Roddickowi. Dzięki temu dokładnie 8 września został liderem światowego rankingu, choć długo miejsca na tronie nie zagrzał i najlepszy w karierze sezon zakończył na trzeciej pozycji.

Wydawało się, że dla 23-letniego tenisisty to dopiero początek drogi, a kolejne tytuły są tylko kwestią czasu. Życie wszystko jednak zweryfikowało. Po pięknym sezonie 2003 Hiszpana zaczął prześladować pech. Bo jak inaczej nazwać to, że podczas jednego z turniejów połamał żebra i doznał groźnego urazu ręki, które wyeliminowały go z gry na długi czas. Znamienne jest jednak to, że od 1999 roku, przez trzynaście lat Ferrero nie wypadł poza pierwszą setkę w rankingu ATP. Ostatni tytuł zdobył przed rokiem w Stuttgarcie (ATP World Tour 250).

Nowe życie

Od kilku miesięcy spekulowano, że obecny sezon będzie dla „Mosquito” ostatnim w karierze. Plotki potwierdziły się we wrześniu, kiedy sam zawodnik ogłosił, że po październikowym turnieju w Walencji rozstaje się z tourem. Mimo że nie zobaczymy już błyskotliwego Hiszpana walczącego o rankingowe punkty, to jednak cały czas będzie on związany z tenisem.

– Mam w planach kilka projektów, cały czas będę zaangażowany w sport. Na pewno poświęcę się akademii tenisowej i fundacji, które firmuje swoim nazwiskiem – przyznał Ferrero. Akademia „JC Ferrero Equelite” została założona w hiszpańskiej Villonie w 1995 roku i jest uważana za jeden z najlepszych ośrodków tenisowych na świecie. Z racji tego, że akademia posiada swoich przedstawicieli w Polsce, nasi zawodnicy mają ułatwiony dostęp do rozpoczęcia treningów w rejonie hiszpańskiej Wspólnoty Walenckiej.

http://www.tenisowyportal.com/z-forehan ... zjami.html

PostZamieszczono: 29 kwie 2014, 21:23 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
FERRERO TO OPEN ACADEMY IN SHENZHEN

Obrazek
Juan Carlos Ferrero announces his plans to open a new academy in Shenzhen, China.

Juan Carlos Ferrero is bringing his tennis team to China by opening a new academy, the Grand Gemdale-Ferrero International Tennis Academy in Shenzhen.

The former World No. 1 and 2003 Roland Garros champion is partnering with his longtime coach Antonio Martinez Cascales to bring their methodology and experience to Asia.

“I am very excited to be a part of the Gemdale-Ferrero Academy concept,” Ferrero said during a launch ceremony. “I feel that Shenzhen is becoming a very important city in China for tennis, and together with the work ethic they have plus our training philosophy, I am confident that we can improve players and develop future champions.”

“The qualities that Juan Carlos demonstrated throughout his entire career were humility and hard work,” commented Martinez Cascales. “That has been our motto at the Juan Carlos Academy in Spain, and now we believe that China is ready for an tennis academy of the highest standards.”

Shenzhen is currently a hotbed of tennis activity with an ATP World Tour 250 event, the Shenzhen Open, making its debut this September and an ATP Challenger Tour event this week.

Ferrero’s new academy has a stadium court capacity for 5,000 seats, 20 hard courts, four indoor hard and four indoor clay courts. In addition, there is a four-star hotel for all academy residents.

The Grand Gemdale-Ferrero International Tennis Academy will officially open its doors in September.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... ademy.aspx

2013: US Open
2012: Nicea
2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn
Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.

Finały (15):
2017: Stuttgart
2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea
2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn
2014: Doha
2013: Cincinnati
2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm
2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open
Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.

PostZamieszczono: 08 gru 2014, 13:26 

Juan Carlos Ferrero otworzył akademię tenisową w Warszawie

Spoiler:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/48597 ... -warszawie

Finały: US OPEN 2013, Monte Carlo 2014, Rotterdam 2015

Półfinały: Winston-Salem 2012, Roland Garros 2013, Queens 2013, Wimbledon 13-debel, US OPEN 13-debel, Kuala Lumpur 2013

PostZamieszczono: 13 gru 2014, 23:58 
Awatar użytkownika

Oko w Oko z Juanem Carlosem Ferrero.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/48796 ... em-ferrero

"When these kind of matches happen you suffer, but I really enjoy these moments. I really enjoy suffering, because what's harder is when I am in Mallorca last year and I had to watch these kind of matches on the TV."

PostZamieszczono: 14 gru 2014, 18:24 

PostZamieszczono: 10 lut 2015, 11:54 
Awatar użytkownika

"When these kind of matches happen you suffer, but I really enjoy these moments. I really enjoy suffering, because what's harder is when I am in Mallorca last year and I had to watch these kind of matches on the TV."

PostZamieszczono: 31 maja 2015, 15:28 

PostZamieszczono: 11 maja 2016, 22:22 
Awatar użytkownika

2017: Doha, Sydney, Dubaj, Miami, Marrakesz, Estoril, s-Hertogenbosch

MTT - Finały (7)
2015: Kuala Lumpur
2016: Queens, Sankt Petersburg
2017: Waszyngton, Winston-Salem, US Open, Sankt Petersburg

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 64 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3, 4  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.