David Goffin

Profile aktywnych graczy ATP Tour.
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Re: David Goffin

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Roland Garros 2012: 4 runda w debiucie w WS!

Obrazek

David Goffin przegrał mecz trzeciej rundy eliminacji do tegorocznego RG. Wystąpił jednak w imprezie głównej jako Lucky Loser, w miejsce jednego z graczy, którzy w ostatniej chwili odmówili startu we francuskiej stolicy. 21-letni Belg zagrał znakomicie i przegrał dopiero w 4 rundzie, po 4 -setowym meczu z Rogerem Federerem.

Goffin na Roland Garros 2012:
Q1 Gregoire Burquier (FRA) 6-2 6-2
Q2 Simone Vagnozzi (ITA) 6-1 6-4
Q3 [27] Joao Sousa (POR) 3-6 6-7(3)
-------------------------------------------------
R1 [23] Radek Stepanek (CZE) 6-2 4-6 2-6 6-4 6-2
R2 [WC] Arnaud Clement (FRA) 3-6 7-6(2) 0-6 6-2 6-1
R3 Łukasz Kubot (POL) 7-6(4) 7-5 6-1
R4 [3] Roger Federer (SUI) 7-5 5-7 2-6 4-6
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Barty
Administrator

Post autor: Barty »

Nawet NYTimes się pokusił o wpis. ;)
A Star, and Maybe a Future One

Obrazek
Christophe Karaba/European Pressphoto Agency
Roger Federer and David Goffin, 21, embraced after meeting in the Round of 16.

By GREG BISHOP

Obrazek
Regis Duvignau/Reuters
Roger Federer, right, leaves the court with
David Goffin after their Round of 16 match.

It did not seem fair, what happened on Court Suzanne Lenglen on Sunday afternoon, where Roger Federer advanced to his 32nd straight Grand Slam quarterfinal at the expense of an opponent who looked more like Harry Potter, or perhaps Federer’s own son.

It was fair, of course, and closer than expected, but that did not diminish the striking contrast, one man tall and tan, famous and regal, and the other, well, pretty much the opposite. David Goffin took the court with arms the size of toothpicks, clothes that looked purchased from a juniors section and a skinned right knee.

You half wanted to run on court and hand him a Smurfs bandage.

To be fair, Goffin is 21 years old and ranked 109th in the world. Yet despite his loss in the final round of qualifying, when he sneaked into the main draw here as the so-called Lucky Loser, he rattled off three wins and became the first such “loser” to make the Round of 16 at Roland Garros since 1978. That was 12 years before he was born.

His backstory, too, seemed perfect. Not only did Goffin consider Federer his idol, he had posters of Federer plastered on the walls of his bedroom in Belgium growing up. When Goffin spied Lord Federer last week in the locker room, he practically ran the other way.

That set the stage for Sunday, for the painfully thin, painfully shy Goffin to play against his idol, his tennis bag slung over his shoulders like an oversize knapsack.

But Goffin was not steamrolled. Quite the contrary. He even won a set during Federer’s 5-7, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4 victory. That said something about Goffin, who emerged from the spotlight not only unscathed but celebrated. Boris Becker posted on Twitter that tennis fans should remember the name Goffin, and if his frame did not inspire, his game sure did.

He provided the kind of story that makes sports worth watching in the first place. After one long rally, which Goffin won when he pushed a charging backhand volley up the line, the crowd exploded and Goffin held a finger aloft and bowed to great applause. Federer cracked a smile. Reporters in the press room cheered.

“I will never forget this moment,” Goffin said.

This match said something about Federer, too, but not so much as to incite panic, even if he sometimes seemed near a defeat of epic proportions. It said he is old enough (31 in August) to meet another player who once idolized him, who was 8 when Federer turned professional, who was born in 1990.

It also said that Federer, despite 48 wins in his previous 52 matches before this tournament, despite winning seven titles since last September, continued to look shaky here.

The question, since Federer lost in that instant-classic semifinal against Novak Djokovic at the United States Open last September, a defeat that hinged on an improbable return by Djokovic against match point, is whether Federer could still win a Grand Slam tournament. In the months since, he has proved he can win — and win often, more often than his rivals — elsewhere, and he remains too dangerous on grass, too dangerous in New York, to discount.

But his performance here, against an opponent who played better and older than he looked, did not inspire confidence, not the champion-of-a-major-tournament kind. Federer needed four sets to get past Adrian Ungur in the second round. He again required four sets to dispatch the journeyman Nicolas Mahut in the third.

Afterward, Federer spoke glowingly of Goffin, said he thought Goffin “played really well” and made a “great impression,” even if, “for his size, and, you know, he’s not the heaviest guy out there...”

Federer noted that this kind of run, by a 21-year-old deep into a Grand Slam tournament, happened so rarely anymore, like when Becker won Wimbledon in 1985 at age 17.

Federer is correct there. The Big Four — Federer, Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray — have so dominated men’s tennis that their late meetings in Grand Slam events seem all but assured at the outset. Those meetings have become the stuff of legend.

Fans have been spoiled by this era in men’s tennis, one Federer is still very much a part of. But he is the oldest of the four, the one closest to the end. Another child with a Federer poster on his wall is out there somewhere, and it is as fair now as it was 10 months ago to wonder how long Federer will play, how many major tournaments he will win. For all we know, he could triumph in this tournament, but in the first week, that seemed if not improbable, then unlikely.

When the match with Goffin finished, Federer met him at the net. Both smiled. Federer wrapped an arm around the young man’s back while television cameras captured Federer’s wife, Mirka, sighing in relief in the stands. “Good job, son” is what the embrace looked like. Then the two hugged. It was touching, the wise veteran and his biggest fan, a true tennis Kodak moment.

“Like men!” Federer made sure to add later of the hug.

Then they both headed for the locker room, the champion who struggled again and the opponent who looked young enough that it was natural to speculate if his mother’s minivan was parked outside. The crowd roared, and the champion waved as he exited.

In that moment, Federer looked like Federer again.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/sport ... ref=tennis
Tytuły (27):
2023: Wiedeń 2022: Miami, Astana, Bazylea, WTF Turyn 2021: Monte Carlo, Madryt, Winston-Salem 2019: Newport, US Open, 2018: Brisbane, Quito, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Roland Garros, 2017: Auckland, Waszyngton, Shenzen, 2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros, 2013: US Open, 2012: Nicea, 2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Finały (36):
2024: Brisbane, Cordoba, Estoril 2023: Auckland, Rotterdam, Dubaj, Barcelona 2022: Rotterdam, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Rzym, Newport, Hamburg, Gijon 2021: Monachium, Rzym, 2020: Rzym, Antwerpia, 2019: Rotterdam, Rzym, Roland Garros, 2018: Halle, 2017: Stuttgart, 2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea, 2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn, 2014: Doha, 2013: Cincinnati, 2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm, 2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 64 - :brawo:
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
Awatar użytkownika
Jacuszyn

Post autor: Jacuszyn »

Konferencja po zwycięstwie w II rundzie Wimbledonu:
David Goffin - second round

Thursday 28 June 2012

D. GOFFIN/J. Levine

4‑6, 6‑4, 6‑1, 6‑3

Q. Congratulations on your win today. How would you assess your Wimbledonso far?

DAVID GOFFIN: Yeah, it was a match not easy today. I didn't start very well. I was a little bit nervous because on the paper I was favorite, but it's never easy to manage a match like today.

Yeah, I'm feeling good. I'm really happy to turn this situation in my favor. Yeah, I'm really happy to win today.

Q. There has been a lot of talk about obviously your performance at Roland Garros against Roger Federer. Suddenly people are looking at you and suddenly you're a name. Does that change the way you think about things and approach matches?

DAVID GOFFIN: Yeah, maybe, but now Roland Garros it's behind me, and I just take the confidence fromParisto play here, and, yeah, I'm feeling good. Now maybe, yeah, I'm here with a lot of confidence and we will see the next round.

I continue in the tournament. I'm feeling good on grass now. I sayParisis behind me, and we will see.

Q. Is grass a surface that you have played on quite a lot as a youngster, or is it something that you're still learning?

DAVID GOFFIN: I didn't play a lot on grass. Just played a few matches in junior and quallies last year, but I'm feeling good on grass. My game, I can play aggressive. Yeah, I can play a good game. I can do a lot of good things on grass. We will see next round. Maybe I can do another good performance.

Q. Obviously the top 4 in men's tennis is cemented. Those guys are very established. Then there's obviously other players like Del Potro and Ferrer, but then people are looking at a new generation and your name has been tipped as one of the new generation, one of the new kids on the block. Do you see yourself in that role? Do you think you can actually go on? Where do you set your sights?

DAVID GOFFIN: This week I'm 66. With this result, I'm probably not far from the top 50. I'm working to be near the top, but I'm still working and I have a lot of ‑‑ I have something to work in my game, a lot of things to do to improve my game. I try to do my best to go on the top, but it's not an easy way.

But I'm with a lot of confidence, and we will see. Maybe we see at the end of the year which ranking I have.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int ... 01821.html
MTT:
Singles W(18): Kuala Lumpur 09, Memphis 10, Eastbourne 10, World Tour Finals 10, Cincinnati 12, Auckland 14, Sydney 16, Quito 17, Buenos Aires 17, Halle 17, Umag 17, Auckland 18, Eastbourne 19, Geneva 22, Auckland 23, Washington 23, Paris 23, Miami 24
Singles F(15): Metz 09, Basel 09, Johannesburg 10, Stuttgart 10, Toronto 10, Valencia 10, San Jose 11, Buenos Aires 16, Miami 17, Tokyo 17, IO Tokyo 20, Tokyo 23, Montpellier 24, Buenos Aires 24, Monte Carlo 24
Doubles W (5): Roland Garros 11, US Open 11, Monte Carlo 23, Toronto 23, World Tour Finals 23
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 59
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

David Goffin - player profile
Spoiler:
http://www.tennisalternative.com/david- ... n1412.html
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 58
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

David Goffin podpisał 4-letni kontrakt z Wilsonem. Belg będzie grał rakietą Blade98. Bardzo zaawansowane są też rozmowy z marką odzieżową, ale agent zawodnika zapewnia, że na pewni nie będzie to Nike.

Artykuł o Goffinie (po francusku):
http://www.dhnet.be/sports/tennis/artic ... -york.html
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Saboteur

Post autor: Saboteur »

Tym czym będzie grał, a co będzie promował, to może być różnica :)
Tytuły (4): 2023: Doha; 2017: Chennai, Queens Club; 2012: Memphis
Finały (6): 2017: Newport, Montreal; 2014: Abu Dhabi, Metz; 2013: Pekin, Atlanta

twitter.com/saboteur_cod
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

ON THE RISE: DAVID GOFFIN
DEUCE US Open 2012
by Matt Fitzgerald | 19.08.2012

Obrazek
Belgian David Goffin broke through with a run to the fourth round at Roland Garros.

What he lacks in size and power, 150-pound Belgian youngster David Goffin makes up for in shotmaking and tennis smarts. His dramatic Roland Garros run is unlikely to prove to be a one-off.

On a blustery Sunday afternoon at Roland Garros, two players at opposite ends of the tennis spectrum take to Court Suzanne Lenglen for a fourth-round match. At one end stands a 109th-ranked lucky loser, playing his first main draw at a Grand Slam event. Across the net is a 16-time major champion, revered by millions across the world and a fan favourite in Paris. It has the ring of a David vs. Goliath matchup. It is David Goffin vs. Roger Federer.

The intricacies of the head-to-head clash went beyond their tennis accomplishments. Federer was Goffin’s childhood idol, a man his entire family respected. They never missed an opportunity to watch the Swiss maestro on television together. And now one of their own was facing this icon, whose posters once decked out Goffin’s bedroom wall.

Reflecting on his mindset going into the match, Goffin tells DEUCE, "He was my idol but I was excited to go on the court and to do my best. I didn’t need to make a winner every point. I just wanted to do my job and not make a lot of mistakes. The match against him was just to see if I was far from him or if my level was close."
What Goffin lacks in natural power and size, he makes up for with his shot making

The opportunity to play Federer was a long-awaited one for Goffin, who first picked up a racquet at the age of five. As a child, Goffin and his older brother Simon played in their backyard on a tennis court constructed with chalk and a rope net. Simon was Pete Sampras and David was Andre Agassi, so naturally, their matches went down to the wire long after the sun had set.

Their father Michel would repeatedly come outside and say, "Guys it’s dark outside. It’s time to take a shower and go to bed." Pseudo Agassi and Sampras, desperate to determine who would win the battle on their homemade court, would respond, "But Dad its 5-5 in the fourth and we can't stop like that!"

Goffin remembers, "When I was young, I loved playing tennis. After school, I just wanted to be on the court to play, play and play again. My father was a tennis coach, so that’s why I started. My brother was playing well and went to the Belgian Tennis Federation (Association Francophone de Tennis) when he was young. I followed him there when I was eight or nine. I’m still there at the moment."
Obrazek For three years, Goffin practised three times a week with his father and former WTA player Michele Gurdal, an Australian Open quarter-finalist. At the age of eight, Goffin was recruited by the AFT and Michel felt the organisation would be best suited to cultivate his son’s game.

"I found that the AFT could be the right partner for the development of David in the long-term and so far the AFT is doing a good job," believes Michel. "So from that age until today David is trained by the coaches there. Reginald Willems, his current coach, is doing a tremendous job. We are counting on him to bring David's game to the next level."

Standing at 5’ 11’’ and weighing 150 pounds, the blond-haired, blue-eyed Belgian does not embody the contemporary tennis frame. But what Goffin lacks in natural power and size, he makes up for with his shot making, owning an Agassi-esque ability to take the ball early, moving his larger opponents around the court and coming to net at the right time to close out points.

"We’ve been practising together for a long time. He came to the Federation with me so I’ve known him for more than 10 years," says Steve Darcis. "He was young and already a great player. And now he’s even better.

"He needs to improve the serve. Physically he’s already strong and is very fast. Mentally he is tough, so I think he can be one of the best players in Belgium that we’ve ever had. He just needs a little time."
They never missed an opportunity to watch the Swiss maestro on television together

Goffin agrees with Darcis. "I have a good return and move well. I think those are the best parts of my game. I have to improve my serve, because in modern tennis, it’s a big weapon to have. I have to continue to be aggressive."

The decision by Michel to send Goffin to the AFT has paid off. He peaked at No. 10 in the ITF Junior rankings in July 2008 and has improved his year-end South African Airways ATP Ranking each season the past four years. Thus far in 2012, Goffin has risen to the occasion, reaching his first ATP World Tour quarter-final in Chennai and winning his main draw debut at an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Miami.

"This year, I have seen him develop as a tennis player by being able to produce the same game level during practice and during big matches in big tournaments against top players," says Michel. "His better comprehension of the game at this level and his ability to negotiate big points at the right moments has made him more competitive in 2012."
Obrazek Michel’s assessment became apparent at Roland Garros. Goffin breezed through the first two qualifying rounds before falling to Joao Souza at the final hurdle. But the 21 year old gained entry as a lucky loser and made the most of his second chance. He won back-to-back five setters against experienced veterans Radek Stepanek and Arnaud Clement, farewelling the popular Frenchman in his final Roland Garros appearance. He followed with an all-round performance to beat Lukasz Kubot in straight sets before falling to Federer in the round of 16.

"I played two good matches in qualifying. And then in the third round, I was a little nervous, knowing I could be in my first Grand Slam main draw. I didn’t play a good match," acknowledges Goffin.

"With a little bit of luck, I got in for the first time. I was relieved and played so good. I went into a fifth set for the first time against Stepanek. I continued to play my best tennis until I played Roger. The first two sets against him were an amazing level for me, but he was really focused and calm and he won in four."

Goffin earned the seal of approval from Federer, who said following his 5-7, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4 victory, "I thought he played really well. Great impression. He took the ball early every time. [If you] don't hit a very good shot, he can take advantage of that.
Court Suzanne Lenglen is a far cry from a homemade chalk court in Liege

"I guess for his size - and he’s not the heaviest guy out there - it's natural he's [going to] be a good mover, and his strengths lie sort of in the baseline game. He's got great potential in terms of his touch and the way he reads the game… He impressed me and I enjoyed the match."

Adds Michel, "I think that David has always admired Roger for his game but also for his personality: nice guy, humble, with self-control, ambition, respect and a nice sense of humour... a role model for David. We received the confirmation of this after his match against David in Paris."

Court Suzanne Lenglen is a far cry from a homemade chalk court in Liege. From looking at Federer on his wall each night to being praised by his idol for his performance, Goffin is proof that dreams can become reality.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- ... offin.aspx
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 56

Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 55

Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 48

Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Goffy w Top-50!

Obrazek

Belg wygrał wczoraj silnie obsadzony turniej challengerowy w Orleanie, co umożliwiło mu taki skok w rankingu. Był to drugi tytuł Davida na zapleczu ATP - wcześniej triumfował także we Francji - w kwietniu w Le Gosier.
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Post autor: Sempere »

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 45
"Kto jest dobry? Kto zły? Nie ma ludzi dobrych i złych, są tylko złe albo dobre uczynki. I ludzie, którzy miotają się między nimi." Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

David Goffin: The Biofile
by Scoop Malinowski

Obrazek
David Goffin has moved up more than
100 rankings spots in 2012.

Belgian David Goffin has enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2012, highlighted by a fourth round run as a lucky loser at Roland Garros. The 21 year old, who currently stands at a career-high No. 45 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, talks with Scoop Malinowski for this Biofile...

First Tennis Memory: "I was six years old when I played my first tournament and I was so excited to play my first official tournament in Belgium. I did not do so good but it was my first official tournament. I didn't have a ranking when I was six. But I loved that day, I played a lot of tournaments after."

Tennis Inspirations: "My father (Michael) was a professor. I got in tennis because of him. And my brother (Simon) was also playing good. And I was watching a lot of Pete Sampras when I was young. That's why I began to play tennis."

Last Book Read: "I don't read a lot, it was probably a book from school but I don't remember the name."

Current Car: "Alfa Romeo MiTo (gray)."

First Famous Tennis Player You Met Or Encountered: "I think it was in Paris, Bercy Masters. I was there to watch Christophe Rochus. I think he was playing Karol Kucera in qualies. I think it was the first match that I saw."

Greatest Sports Moment: "French Open, of course, against Federer. It was the fourth round. On the big court. It was great. (Did Federer say anything to you after?) Yes, there was a little speech on the court and it was very friendly. It was a great match and I had a hug with him. It was great."

Most Painful Moment: "Just had an injury in my abs for four or five months. It was not easy. I was doing bad. It was a painful moment. After Australian Open last year."

Favorite Tournament: "Wimbledon."

Closest Tennis Friends: "Steve Darcis and Oli Rochus, all the Belgian guys."

Funniest Player Encountered: "Tursunov. I've played against him in Malaysia. And he wanted to play...there was a video game, like football games, FIFA. And he wanted to always play that FIFA, directly after the match. 'Come on, I want to play, I want to play [smiles].'"

Strangest Match: "Not a weird match...at the end last year I was playing six matches and I won five times 7-6 in the third. I don't know why but every time I was in the third set it was 7-6 and I won five in a row, 7-6 in the third."

Favorite Sport Outside Tennis: "Golf."

Three Athletes You Like To Watch & Follow: "Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods and maybe Usain Bolt. In tennis, Federer and Oli Rochus. He (Rochus) has a lot of talent, beautiful game, beautiful backhand. It's nice to see a lot of rallies and slice. Good player to watch. And he's a fighter also."

Nickname: "Goff."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Vanilla and chocolate."

Best You Ever Felt On Court: "In Futures, when I was so excited to go on the Tour. I was playing Futures $10,000, it was my first match or second match against a seeded player ranked around 500 and I won 2 and 2. But my opponent was so big and he served like John Isner and I was returning all the balls and he didn't know what happened. It was exciting."

People Qualities Most Admired: "To respect. And generosity."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... offin.aspx

David nie przepada za czytaniem książek, już jest u mnie skreślony. :P
"Kto jest dobry? Kto zły? Nie ma ludzi dobrych i złych, są tylko złe albo dobre uczynki. I ludzie, którzy miotają się między nimi." Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 29
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

2012 w liczbach

Ranking: 47
Bilans meczów: 17-14 (54,8 %)
Łączna liczba spotkań: 31
Tytuły: 0
Finały: 0
Zarobki: $367,523
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Goffin On His Game Styl

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcjCHn_k ... XA&index=5[/youtube]
Awatar użytkownika
Sempere

Auckland 2013 Thursday Golf Feature Rochus Goffin

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Medi ... offin.aspx
ODPOWIEDZ