Sir Andy Murray

Profile aktywnych graczy ATP Tour.
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Re: Andy Murray

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Andy Murray eyes Australian Open glory

WORLD No.4 Andy Murray has declared himself on track for Australian Open success after leading Great Britain into the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth.

Murray, who is yet to win a grand slam, was at his brutal best as he destroyed world No.35 Igor Andreev 6-1 6-0 in just 48 minutes on Friday.

The 22-year-old also played a starring role in Great Britain's 6-4 6-7 (6-8) 7-6 (10-6) mixed doubles victory, ensuring a 2-1 tie win over Russia and safe passage into the final against Spain.

Murray has spent less than three hours on court in his three singles wins in Perth and said he was feeling in top shape ahead of his quest for grand slam glory.

"If I can play like that then I can win Australia for sure," Murray said.

"But I need to make sure I do it in a couple of weeks and play like that from the start of the tournament until the end.

"I've always started the years pretty well. I've won Doha two years in a row so I always started playing pretty well going into Australia.

"In terms of the way I was striking the ball and moving and playing well up at the net and taking chances, that was probably the best I've played at the start of a year.

"Sometimes you play two, three matches like that a year and fortunately one of them was today but hopefully I've got a couple more in the Aussie Open."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/andy- ... 5817480108
Awatar użytkownika
Jacuszyn

Post autor: Jacuszyn »

Andy Murray benefits from Rafael Nadal's sad demise

Victory had a hollow feeling to it for Andy Murray as he moved through to the Australian Open semi-final. Nobody could deny the Scot outplayed Rafael Nadal for two sets and looked worthy of a place in the last four. However, the sight of the defending champion offering his surrender because of a painful right knee was the saddest sight of the tournament.

Nadal’s knee problems are of course not a secret. Tendinitis ruled him out of defending his Wimbledon title last summer and now it has also apparently played a part in the end of his reign as the master of Melbourne Park.

There were no signs of Nadal having physical problems for a couple of sets but he struggled to live with Murray who was playing in the positive, attacking mode that so many knowledgeable judges have been demanding for so long. But two games into the third set Nadal pulled up smartly after hitting a forehand and made straight for his courtside chair, ordering umpire Fergus Murphy to call for the physiotherapist.

Paul Ness was quickly at Nadal’s side and began massaging the Spaniard’s right knee that appeared to have been jarred. After a medical time out, he resumed but immediately lost his serve. Things looked bleak but there was still fight in the man from Majorca and he extended Murray to a break point.

Once again the challenge faltered, Murray held serve taking his ace count to 13 but at 3-0, instead of making for the sideline, Nadal approached the net and offered Murray both his apologies and congratulations.

“I have known Rafa since I was 13 or 14 years old,” said Murray, whose elimination of the champion will go down in the record books as 6-3, 7-6, 3-0 retired. “I have always looked up to him. He’s my favourite player and I am gutted for him.”

With former boxing world champion Ricky Hatton sitting amongst his entourage, Murray was always up for the fight. He always looked confident whereas Nadal seemed nervy from the outset and stunned the 15,000 crowd in only the second game with a bizarre call for Hawk-Eye to make judgment on a line call everyone else in Rod Laver Arena could see was a lost cause.

“I had to go for my shots and play some really big tennis,” said Murray, who is now on course for his second grand-slam final after going within one result of becoming the 2008 US Open champion. “I came through a few tough moments at the start of the match when I was possibly going for too much. But I picked the right tactics and played really well.”

It was Nadal who struck first, breaking Murray’s serve with a wide forehand but the fifth seed struck back immediately to level. A second service break was greeted with a Nadal-like "C’monawwwnn" and the momentum was in the Scot’s favour.

An 11-minute game brought the first set to a close with Murray, serve-and-volleying at chosen moments and usually keeping Nadal on the back foot, being forced to fend off three more break points but a service return flew long.

Australia Day celebrations meant a nine-minute hold-up to play as a crescendo of fireworks clattered and banged over Melbourne and it seemed Murray’s focus had been affected as Nadal broke serve straight after the resumption. Once again, Murray staged the perfect counter attack and when the second set went to a tie-break he was in command from the outset.

After going two sets down, Nadal was functioning on borrowed time but the end saddened everyone that witnessed the handshake. When his knees agonized him so much in the Rotterdam final 11 months ago, he managed to stay on court for the duration of the match without offering too much fight. But a look across to his coach Uncle Toni suggested this was much worse and so Murray was through to face his US Open assailant Marin Cilic in the semi-final.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 002967.ece
MTT:
Singles W(18): Kuala Lumpur 09, Memphis 10, Eastbourne 10, World Tour Finals 10, Cincinnati 12, Auckland 14, Sydney 16, Quito 17, Buenos Aires 17, Halle 17, Umag 17, Auckland 18, Eastbourne 19, Geneva 22, Auckland 23, Washington 23, Paris 23, Miami 24
Singles F(15): Metz 09, Basel 09, Johannesburg 10, Stuttgart 10, Toronto 10, Valencia 10, San Jose 11, Buenos Aires 16, Miami 17, Tokyo 17, IO Tokyo 20, Tokyo 23, Montpellier 24, Buenos Aires 24, Monte Carlo 24
Doubles W (5): Roland Garros 11, US Open 11, Monte Carlo 23, Toronto 23, World Tour Finals 23
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

28.01.2010 - Andy Murray w finale Australian Open. Szkot zagra w finale WS po raz drugi w karierze. Dzisiejszy sukces nad Marinem Ciliciem gwarantuje Maremu 3 miejsce w rankingu Entry. W niedziele zagra o 1 Szlema i pozycję wicelidera ATP Entry Ranking.

Obrazek
Murray Becomes First Briton In 33 Years To Reach Final; Beats Cilic In Four Sets

Andy Murray became the first British player to reach the Australian Open final since John Lloyd in 1977 and the first British man to reach at least two Grand Slam finals in 72 years, after defeating No. 14 seed Marin Cilic of Croatia 3-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 in the semi-finals on Thursday night.

The fifth-seeded Scot will attempt to become Britain’s first Australian Open champion since Fred Perry in 1934, against either top seed and three-time former titlist Roger Federer of Switzerland or tenth-seeded Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who play their semi-final on Friday night. Murray finished runner-up to Federer in the 2008 US Open final.

Cilic was understandably nervous at the start of his first Grand Slam semi-final, but dug himself out of trouble from 15/40 in the second game.

By the fifth game, Cilic had begun to manage his nerves and two forehand errors from Murray and a cross-court forehand winner gave the Croatian three break point opportunities. Serving at 0/40, Murray attacked the net and aggressive serving helped him win five points in a row. Three game points went begging before Murray hit his first ace on Cilic’s fourth break point of the match. However, a wild forehand on the fifth point proved costly.

Murray dictated play on the Cilic serve in the sixth game, but squandered a break point at 30/40 and two opportunities on two advantage points. Cilic was fortunate to save the third point, when a forehand hit the net cord and dropped into the court stone dead — giving Murray no chance to scramble it up.

Cilic kept the break of serve to 5-3, when three unforced errors by Murray — two backhands and one forehand volley into the net — gifted the 6’6” Croatian three set point opportunities. At 0/40, Murray was powerless in returning a deep crosscourt forehand and Cilic raced to his chair with the first set, having hit 12 winners, after 51 minutes of aggressive play.

Cilic kept Murray on the run all the time at the start of the second set, hitting a better length of ball into court, but a moment of brilliance sparked the fifth seed from Dunblane into life.

In the fifth game, Murray created one break point opportunity at 30/40. Finding himself at the net, Murray appeared to be stranded when a short volley landed mid-court. Cilic decided to lob Murray, but the Scot chased it down; spun around and struck a forehand winner down the line for a 3-2 lead.

Spectators in Rod Laver Arena rose to their feet, Murray punched the air in celebration and after the change of ends he returned to the court a different player. Finding extra power on his serve, Murray started to rush Cilic into errors and was able to hold his own from the baseline.

At 2-4, Cilic served at 30/40 but responded to the danger with a forehand crosscourt winner on approach to the net. Murray had three further opportunities for the game, but Cilic hit unreturned serves — twice down the middle and once out wide — before clinching the game.

Murray highlighted his variety of shots when serving for the match at 5-4. A drop shot winner at the net at 30-0, in particular, was warmly applauded by 15,000 spectators as it brought him three set point opportunities. Murray won the 48-minute second set and at one set apiece both players had hit 25 winners overall, but Cilic had committed 26 unforced errors to Murray’s 17.

Controlling play from the baseline in the third set, Murray converted the first of two break point opportunities at 15/40 in the third game, with a deep return to Cilic’s feet. But a loss of concentration in the next game, gave Cilic hope. Cilic struck a forehand crosscourt winner on his third break point opportunity, when Murray was approaching the net, for 2-2.

In the seventh game, Cilic hit two forehands mid-court and paid the price as Murray put away successive winners for two break point opportunities. At 15/40, Cilic was forced to scramble to return a Murray forehand service return. Recovering his position in the centre of the court, Cilic opted to hit a backhand drop shot that hit the top of the net and bounced back onto his side.

Murray confirmed the service break — dropping one point — for a 5-3 lead. On the Cilic serve, Murray worked his way to the net for volleys winners on successive points to create two set point opportunities at 15/40. Clever service placement handed Cilic two easy volleys and eventually a service hold, leaving Murray to close out the 45-minute third set.

Having looked secure on serve early in the fourth set, Cilic began to tire. With 18-and-a-half hours of play in his legs, from five previous matches, the Croatian gifted Murray the third game with a double fault having led 40/15. Murray’s fitness and athleticism, fuelled by three weeks of training in Miami, Florida, in December, was evident in the next game, when he covered half the court to flick a backhand winner down the line past Cilic in a love service hold for 3-1.

In the fifth game, a deep forehand return from Murray at 30/30 saw Cilic rush a forehand response. It gave Murray a break point opportunity, which was quickly converted much to the delight of his coach Miles Maclagan, mother Judy and the Scot’s team in the players’ box.

Shortly after three hours of play, Murray served his way into a second Grand Slam championship final.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Cilic.aspx
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Andy Murray confident of making history in Melbourne

Andy Murray reached his second grand-slam final after recovering superbly from a set down against Marin Cilic to win in four sets.

It all sounds so simple. Andy Murray is one match away from lifting the cloak of despair that has covered the British men’s game for 74 years when he plays in the final of the Australian Open on Sunday morning.

Tomorrow, Murray will discover whether Roger Federer, the greatest player of them all, or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, of France, is to stand in his way. The 22-year-old reached his second grand-slam tournament final this morning, defeating Marin Cilic, of Croatia, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 at the Rod Laver Arena.

His first final, at Flushing Meadows in September 2008, ended in the rush of a straight-sets defeat by Federer. But that is the man he wants to play and, remarkably, since the 2005 French Open, the last three players to win their first grand-slam final, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro, all beat the Swiss en route to their momentous breakthrough.

Federer made 17 grand-slam appearances before he won his first title at Wimbledon in 2003. This is Murray’s 17th grand-slam event. The British No 1, who had not been beyond the fourth round here before, said: “It would be the best way ever, if you win against him, if you beat Federer in a grand-slam final it has to be an unbelievable achievement. I would love to win against him but he’s probably going to be the tougher opponent. I’m just focusing on trying to win and I can start working on the tactics tomorrow once I know who I play.

“I haven’t seen that much of Federer here but I did see some snatches of him against [Lleyton] Hewitt and he played great. It seems that he struggled a bit yesterday [against Nikolay Davydenko when Federer was a set and a break of serve down] but he came through and that’s the important thing. And he’s been winning reasonably comfortably.”

Murray confessed that nerves almost consumed him against Cilic in the semi-final, the Briton's longest and most troublesome match of the six he has played in the tournament. The memory of last year’s Wimbledon semi-final, when he was so close and yet was beaten by Andy Roddick, was in the back of his mind as well. “I had the chances to win that day,” he said. “But I don’t feel the expectation so much here.“

When the subject of Britain’s long wait for a grand-slam champion was raised by an Australian reporter, Murray said: “I don’t read the newspapers here, I haven’t been on TV that much so I can just kind of avoid it, I guess.

“I would love to do it. It’s not the only reason [breaking the 74-year duck]. I want to win for the people I work with, for my parents who did so much for me when I was growing up, then doing it for British tennis and British sport would be excellent as well. The pressure that I feel doesn’t come from the people around me. They are happy with anything I do. I want to win for them first of all.

“I would rather be in the position of having to wait for the final than what happened to me at the US Open in 2008 when I had to play on three consecutive days. In a slam, that hardly ever happens, so physically I’m going to be in good shape. This is the best I have played in a slam. I’m old enough and experienced enough to be able to deal with everything I need to.

“I love the atmosphere on the centre court here. When I played Nadal in 2006, it was the most amazing thing I had ever experienced. This is right up there as one of the best places in the world to play.”
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 006589.ece
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

31.01.2010 - Andy Murray finalistą Australian Open 2010. To już 2 porażka Szkota w finale turnieju WS, jednak Andy stara się myśleć pozytywnie. Jest przekonany, że wygra jeden z 4 największych na świecie turniejów, już wkrótce. ;)
Andy Murray insists: I will win grand-slam soon

Andy Murray looks dejected after his loss to Roger Federer

Andy Murray admitted that he was sorely outplayed by Roger Federer in the Australian Open final but insisted he would soon win a grand-slam title soon.

Just as the British No 1 did in his other appearance in a major championship final, at the US Open in 2008, Murray lost in straight sets after a superlative performance by the world No 1 at the Rod Laver Arena.

By attacking Murray from the start, Federer dominated the first two sets in Melbourne Park before sealing his 16th grand-slam title and fourth Australian Open crown with a 13-11 victory in a thrilling tie-break.

"I had great support back home and I am sorry I couldn't do it for you," a tearful Murray said. "I can cry like Roger, it's just a shame I can't play like him. He was a lot better than me."

Murray insisted expectations from fans that he might become the first British male to win a grand-slam event in 74 years did not weigh him down. "I didn't feel it on the court," he said. "You get a lot of good luck messages, everyone wishing you well from back home and that's nice. But once you get on the court, it's not what you're thinking about at all."

Murray, the fifth seed, became the first player to lose his first two grand-slam finals in straight sets since Cedric Pioline, runner-up to Pete Sampras in the 1993 US Open and at Wimbledon in 1997.

"Tonight's match was a lot closer than the one at Flushing Meadows," Murray said. "I had a chance at the beginning of the match and I had chances at the end of the match. It's just the second set that didn't go my way.

"Not that any of them went my way. But I'm getting closer. My results in the grand slams would show that. [I've] just got to keep working hard."

After starting impressively by breaking Federer's serve at the start of the first set, however, Murray did not produce his very best until the final set when he failed convert five set points.

"I worked really, really hard to try to do it and give myself the opportunity ... so far it's not been good enough," Murray said.

"I think I'm getting closer and I'm playing better. I'm not going to be too disappointed. I've got a pretty good life. I've got a long career ahead of me and I'm going to have more opportunities ... to win them."

Murray was playing in his 17th grand-slam event, the same number at which Federer broke through for his first title. The Swiss had some consolation for his opponent in his acceptance speech. "Andy, you played an incredible tournament," he said. "You are too good a player not to win a grand-slam, so don't worry about it."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 010156.ece
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Szymon Turek: Geniusz, który nigdy nie zostanie Numerem 1

Brytyjska piosenkarka Bonnie Tyler śpiewała przebój "I need a hero!". - Potrzebuję bohatera. Musi być silny, musi być szybki i musi być w ogniu walki. Wszystko się zgadza, Andy Murray spełnia wszystkie te cechy. Ale wciąż mu czegoś brakuje, by spełnić marzenia brytyjskich kibiców i zdobyć tenisową nieśmiertelność.
Zwolennicy teorii liczb i wszelkiej maści matematyczni zapaleńcy zacierali ręce. Andy Murray, 22 - latek ze Szkocji, wygra Australian Open, to pewne. Przecież to jego 17. turniej wielkoszlemowy w karierze, a dokładnie tylu nieudanych prób potrzebował finałowy rywal, Roger Federer, by wreszcie zdobyć swój pierwszy tytuł. Miał wtedy 22 lata...

Teoria ocierała się o zabobon, ale miała też inną skazę. Federer jest tylko jeden, wszyscy porównują go do najlepszych w swej dziedzinie w historii, niektórzy nawet do najlepszych w sporcie, a znajdą się i tacy, którzy uparcie twierdzą, że to kosmita, który z niezrozumiałych powodów znalazł się na naszej planecie.

Murrayowi nikt jednak nie odmawia talentu, a nawet geniuszu. Trzej wielcy tego sportu mówią jednym głosem: Szkot jest wielki, to talent czystej wody. John McEnroe przed turniejem typował go na zwycięzcę. Federer zaraz po finale chwalił jego poruszanie się po korcie, znakomite umiejętności taktyczne i przekonywał, że ma wszystko co potrzeba, by wygrywać najważniejsze mecze. Pete Sampras jako ostatnią przeszkodę do zdobycia najważniejszych trofeów wskazuje wiarę w siebie: - Jest bardzo bliski wygrania czegoś wielkiego i wygra to. Musi uwierzyć, że może wygrać. Jego gra upoważnia go do tego.

Z takimi referencjami Murray może śmiało patrzeć w przyszłość. - Może jeszcze kiedyś wygram turniej Wielkiego Szlema, a jeśli nie, to nic się nie stanie. W końcu są ważniejsze rzeczy w życiu od tenisa.- mówił po finale Szkot, chyba próbując nieco zrzucić ze swoich barków oczekiwania brytyjskich kibiców na triumf rodaka. Dzięki niemu cały świat na nowo odkrył Freda Perry'ego, mistrza z lat 30-tych, ostatniego Brytyjczyka wygrywającego turniej wielkoszlemowy (Nowy Jork 1936).

Kibice w Wielkiej Brytanii są tak spragnieni sukcesu po 74 latach posuchy, że swoje nadzieje pokładają w – cóż za paradoks!- Szkocie. Tym czupurnym młodzieniaszku, który w 2006 roku przed Wimbledonem mówił, że na zbliżających się mistrzostwach świata w piłce nożnej będzie kibicował wszystkim oprócz Anglii.

Tenis Murraya różni się od gry innych zawodników z czołówki. - Moja gra jest trochę bardziej skomplikowana niż tylko zwykłe przebijanie z linii końcowej. Próbuję zmieniać rotację piłki. Nie mam tyle sił ile inni zawodnicy, dlatego muszę trochę więcej pomyśleć, by zdobywać punkty. I to zabiera trochę czasu.

I rzeczywiście, porównując jego styl z rosyjską maszynką do przebijania piłek Nikałajem Dawidienko, czy z Rafaelem Nadalem, zapędzającym swych rywali w kozi róg za pomocą nieosiągalnych dla innych topspinowych uderzeń wysoko nad siatką i bezpiecznie w korcie, nie można mieć wątpliwości. Tenis proponowany przez Szkota jest miły dla oka oglądających jego wyczyny i jednocześnie okrutny dla przeciwników, którzy nigdy nie mogą mieć pewności co też tym razem strzeli do głowy młodzieńcowi.

A jednak będącemu w życiowej formie Murrayowi znowu czegoś zabrakło do wygrania. Szwajcarski maestro w finale Australian Open w brutalny sposób pokazał całemu światu czego. Odwagi ataku w najważniejszych momentach meczu, właśnie wtedy, gdy ważą się jego losy. Bardziej aktywnej gry, nie polegającej tylko na zawierzeniu w defensywne umiejętności, które może są i olbrzymie, ale przecież nie doprowadzą nigdy na sam szczyt tenisowej chwały.

Żeby być najlepszym na świecie trzeba samemu przejąć inicjatywę. Murray to geniusz taktyczny, co do tego nikt nie ma wątpliwości. Ale geniusz powinien polegać na tym, że wybiera się zawsze najlepsze rozwiązania. Czasami można odnieść wrażenie, że tenisista z Dunblane nie chce wygrać piłki, on chce doprowadzić do sytuacji dla siebie beznadziejnej i dopiero wtedy zdobyć punkt.

Mats Wilander nie ma wątpliwości. Z taką grą Szkot nigdy nie będzie numerem jeden. Może być w czołówce, tak jak teraz, ale jeśli chce być najlepszy na planecie, nie może grać tak pasywnie, musi w końcu zaryzykować.

Czy jednak Andy Murray będzie skłonny zmienić swój styl, tak jak przemienił się z wyglądającego jeszcze niedawno na chucherko w tenisowego atletę? On sam uknuł chyba misterny plan, równie zawiły jak jego akcje na korcie. - Myślę, że jestem bliski grania swojego najlepszego tenisa. Ale wciąż uważam, że to będzie za rok lub nawet trochę dłużej. Albo wie co robi i w końcu kupi upragniony bilet do tenisowego raju, albo pozostanie geniuszem. Ale geniuszem, który nigdy nie będzie najlepszy na świecie.
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ ... numerem-1/
Wąski

Post autor: Wąski »

Rozsądek ludzi doświadczonych

Andy Murray ćwiczył przed tym sezonem wyjątkowo mocno, zatrudnił do pomocy sztab ekspertów, zmienił kalendarz startów przed Australian Open, a w Melbourne dotarł do finału w wielkim stylu. Jednak w pojedynku z Rogerem Federerem niewiele to pomogło, bo Szwajcar kolejny raz pokazał, że jest geniuszem rakiety.

Podczas ceremonii nagradzania Andy z najwyższym trudem powstrzymywał łzy. Komentatorzy zaczęli szukać analogii do Rogera, rozpaczającego rok wcześniej w tym samym miejscu po porażce z Rafaelem Nadalem. Mało kto przypuszczał wtedy, że znany z determinacji i twardości 22-latek z Dublane przeżyje po tym niepowodzeniu największy kryzys w karierze. Dziś widać, że budowana z trudem tenisowa pozycja Szkota wali się niczym domek z kart. Sam zawodnik mówi, że utracił radość gry i nie radzi sobie na korcie z żadnym problemem.

Otoczenie tenisisty wpadło w panikę. Jak donoszą brytyjskie media, trwają dyskusje, czy nie zrezygnować z usług drugiego trenera, Hiszpana Aleksa Corretji, zostawiając na stanowisku samego Milesa Maclagana. Publicznie omawiany jest też problem przyjaciółki zawodnika, Kim Sears. Zerwanie najwyraźniej Andy’emu zaszkodziło, więc teraz proponuje się dyskretne wznowienie znajomości.

Murray właśnie po raz kolejny pogorszył swój ranking, spadając na miejsce nr 5. Turnieje na kortach ziemnych to nigdy nie był jego żywioł, więc za chwilę straty mogą być większe. Fani Brytyjczyka modlą się już o trawę i o to, żeby ich pupilowi do tego czasu załamanie przeszło.

Rozsądek widać natomiast u ludzi doświadczonych. Były mistrz Wimbledonu Australijczyk Pat Cash opowiada o swoich wpadkach i przypomina, że w tenisa bez przerwy nie da się dziś grać na pełnych obrotach. „Skoro teraz mu nie idzie, to znaczy, że forma przyjdzie potem. Może akurat na Wimbledon”. David Felgate, długoletni trener Tima Henmana, tłumaczy szok, jaki musiał przeżyć Andy przygotowany w Australii tak dobrze, że lepiej już się nie da, a potem odbijający się od Federera jak od ściany. „Tenis jest sportem kuriozalnym. Wymaga idealnego zbalansowania wszystkich elementów. Okażesz się gorszy od rywala o drobne 2 procent, a na korcie będzie to różnica makabryczna i przegrasz wysoko”.

Przypomniałem sobie tę wypowiedź po ostatniej piłce finału Monte Carlo 2010. Rafael Nadal swojemu rodakowi Fernando Verdasco pozwolił zdobyć w niedzielę ledwie jednego gema. Rok temu w Melbourne ci sami Hiszpanie walczyli 5 godzin i 10 minut, a w pięciu setach trzykrotnie grali tie-breaki. Faktycznie, dziwny ten tenis.
http://blog.rp.pl/stopa/2010/04/21/rozs ... adczonych/
Awatar użytkownika
Robertinho

Post autor: Robertinho »

No panic for Murray as Grand Slam title still just a dream

Andy Murray won't give up on his Grand Slam title dream despite his heartbreak loss in Melbourne to Roger Federer three months ago.

With his clay season looming as another potential write-off and as he heads into another try at the Madrid Masters with the French Open to follow, the Scot is trying to keep his focus on the present and not the high-intensity Wimbledon summer.

Murray starts in Madrid 1-2 on clay and 5-5 overall since the Australian final. But the world No. 4 is putting on a positive spin.

"I've always said I'll win one (Grand Slam), that's why I train hard and make sacrifices," he told British media after formally entering the Wimbledon warm-up event at Queen's club next month.

"It doesn't have to be this year, it doesn't have to be a rush and a panic. If you think you will never have another chance, that's not so beneficial to your mindset or how you play."

Murray said he won't be alarmed with any perceived lack of progress as he turns 23 on Saturday. "I'm trying to work as hard as I can and take my time. I don't want to be panicking. I'm 22 years old. Most of my friends haven't finished university yet so I've got a long road ahead of me and I have time on my side.
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 ... st_a_dream
Czołem Uśmiechniętej Polsce!
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Murray cierpi na uraz, którego nie może wyleczyć

Szkocki tenisista Andy Murray od lat jest uznawany za tego, który pogodzi Rafaela Nadala i Rogera Federera i sam będzie triumfował w wielkoszlemowych turniejach. Jednak od urodzenia ma poważne problemy z rzepką w prawym kolanie i nie zawsze jest w stanie dać z siebie 100 procent.

Czwarty tenisista w rankingu ATP od dziecka cierpi na rzadką przypadłość - rzepka w prawym kolanie jest rozszczepiona, co powoduje duży ból. Co więcej, Murray będzie musiał sobie z tym radzić nie tylko przez całą karierę, ale również po tym jak rzuci rakietę w kąt. Po pierwszym spotkaniu w Ronald Garros, w którym przeciwnikiem zawodnika z Wysp był Francuz Richard Gasquet, Murray spędził w szatni kilkadziesiąt minut przykładając lód do obolałej nogi.

- Moje kolano bardzo boli, ale muszę to znieść. Boli zawsze w zależności od danej pory roku i nic nie mogę z tym zrobić, gdyż jest to coś, z czym się urodziłem. Ten ból będzie mi towarzyszył przez całe życie - powiedział.

- To o wiele gorsze, niż mogłoby się wydawać. Kolano boli mnie praktycznie przez cały rok, na szczęście, wiem co mi dolega, dlatego łatwiej sobie z tym poradzić. To nie jest tak, że grając bardzo obciążam kolano. To bardziej przypomina zapalenie ścięgna - wyjaśnił Murray, który w drugiej rondzie Rolanda Garrosa zmierzy się z Argentyńczykiem Juanem Ignacio Chelą.

Jednak konfrontacja z Ricahardem Gasquetem kosztowała Szkota bardzo dużo sił. W tym pięciosetowym pojedynku Murray miał duże problemy z bekhendami rywala i po raz kolejny potwierdził, że na clayu ma kłopoty z pierwszym serwisem (skuteczność zaledwie 46 procent). - Chciałbym lepiej serwować, ale ważniejsza jest dla mnie poprawa odbioru - stwierdził.

Co sądzi na temat kolejnego przeciwnika? - Chela to bardzo dobry zawodnik, ale czuję się już dobrze i jestem pewny siebie przed tym spotkaniem - zakończył 23-letni tenisista, który dwukrotnie przegrywał w finałach wielkiego szlema z Rogerem Federerem.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/roland-ga ... tory.shtml
Art

Post autor: Art »

Wimbledon 2010: Andy Murray believes he can beat Rafael Nadal in semi-finals

Andy Murray has set his sights on upsetting world No 1 Rafael Nadal as he bids to reach his first Wimbledon final.

The fourth seed battled past big-hitting Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-7 (5/7) 7-6 (7/5) 6-2 6-2 in a tense encounter on Wimbledon's Centre Court to set up a blockbuster last-four clash with the 2008 champion on Friday.

Murray can certainly take confidence from his previous grand slam encounters with Rafael Nadal, having beaten the Spaniard on his way to his previous finals at the US and Australian Opens.

The 23 year-old said: "I know it's going to be an incredibly difficult match to win, but it's one I believe I can win if I play well.

"I saw a little bit of his match against Robin Haase and a little bit of his match against Petzschner. I saw a bit of that. He's playing great. He's in the semifinals of a grand slam and he beat Soderling today, who's, well, playing the best tennis of his career. You know, he's a great player, too. So he's obviously playing very well.

For most of the first two sets against Tsonga it looked like talk of a meeting with Nadal was extremely premature as Murray struggled to deal with the raw power of his opponent.

Tsonga fired winner after winner on his forehand and snuffed out any half chances with huge serving before edging a close first-set tie-break.

Murray broke early in the second set but could not hold onto his advantage and he looked to be in real trouble when Tsonga moved 5-4 ahead in the tie-break.

The 10th seed, though, lost both his service points and it was Murray who was able to serve out the set.

The third set turned on a lengthy third game, where Murray finally broke at the sixth time of asking. That seemed to put a dent in Tsonga's belief and from then on the winner was never in doubt.

The Scot, though, knew how close he had come against an opponent who beat him in the opening round of the Australian Open two years ago.

He said: "It was very difficult. Obviously the first couple of sets were very close. He was going for huge shots and not giving me a rhythm.

"It's very difficult to know exactly how to play when someone's just going for broke on everything. I just had to hang in and I managed to win that second-set tie-break. I felt a lot better after that.

"He can play incredible tennis. When he is playing like that he's so difficult to beat, one of the best players in the world. But you've got to try to stay tough. It's very difficult to play at that level and that sort of high-risk tennis for a whole match."

Arguably the most crucial point of the match came at 5-5 in the second tie-break, when Tsonga left a Murray return thinking it was going out, only for the ball to land on the line.

"I was obviously surprised that he left it, but I did really well to get a racquet on the serve," continued the Scot. "It happens. People make misjudgements sometimes. I managed to win the next point and change the match."

Tsonga was left to rue that decision but he did not have any complaints about the outcome of the match.

"This is tennis," Tsonga said. "Sometimes you let a ball go and you lose on this ball. I played a good match, but he was better than me today."

The 10th seed has again had his injury struggles this season and he looked rusty in his first few rounds having not played since retiring during the French Open with a hip problem.

But he felt he was back to his best during the first two sets today and leaves the All England Club contented having reached a first Wimbledon quarter-final.

He said: "I'm happy because today I found a level I haven't played for a long time at the beginning of the match. Maybe if I can play like this and I'm more consistent, I will do some good things."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis ... inals.html
Awatar użytkownika
Jacuszyn

Post autor: Jacuszyn »

Wimbledon 2010: Andy Murray holds hands up and admits Rafael Nadal was too good

Obrazek

A frustrated Andy Murray conceded he had lost to the better player following his straight sets defeat to Rafael Nadal in his second successive Wimbledon semi-final.

Murray had no complaints about the result and did not feel he let himself down with his own performance.

"I'm disappointed," he said. "I'm annoyed I lost this match. I wanted to reach my first final here.

"I had chances in all the sets. I haven't seen the stats but there were maybe five or six points in the match. He just played better than me.

"You're not going to be able to play every shot on your own terms against one of the best players in the world. I was dictating and it was tough, I didn't feel like I wasn't in a rhythm. I won a lot of points on my serve.

"I didn't lose my serve again until late in the match so obviously I was doing something right."

Nadal entered the match 7-3 up in clashes between the pair, though Murray had won their previous two Grand Slam encounters, including this year's Australian Open semi-final.

And despite the presence of David Beckham in the crowd, Murray could not make it a hat-trick of Slam victories against the Spaniard.

"The one thing I didn't do particularly well is return well," Murray added. "His serve is harder to return than a lot of people think.

"He does everything really well. There are certain shots you need to play to both sides to not let him get into a rhythm. I got myself in good positions but I just couldn't take them.

"He played great, he's playing very well, and obviously has got a lot of confidence now."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis ... -good.html
MTT:
Singles W(18): Kuala Lumpur 09, Memphis 10, Eastbourne 10, World Tour Finals 10, Cincinnati 12, Auckland 14, Sydney 16, Quito 17, Buenos Aires 17, Halle 17, Umag 17, Auckland 18, Eastbourne 19, Geneva 22, Auckland 23, Washington 23, Paris 23, Miami 24
Singles F(15): Metz 09, Basel 09, Johannesburg 10, Stuttgart 10, Toronto 10, Valencia 10, San Jose 11, Buenos Aires 16, Miami 17, Tokyo 17, IO Tokyo 20, Tokyo 23, Montpellier 24, Buenos Aires 24, Monte Carlo 24
Doubles W (5): Roland Garros 11, US Open 11, Monte Carlo 23, Toronto 23, World Tour Finals 23
Awatar użytkownika
Robertinho

Mary wylał jednego ze swoich dziesięciu trenerów.
Murray sacks coach Maclagan

British number one Andy Murray has sacked his coach Miles Maclagan a little more than a month before the final grand slam event of the year.

According to Murray's management team, the Scot made the decision "following a review of his coaching needs" and he was now focused on the US hardcourt season.

"I've had a great relationship with Miles over the past two-and-a-half years and I want to thank him for his positive contribution to my career," said world number four Murray.

"We have had a lot of success and fun working together."

Murray, 23, is competing in this week's LA Open at the LA Tennis Center where he is the top seed.

Maclagan added: "It's been a privilege to work with Andy as his coach and I'm happy to have played my part in his career.

"Andy is a great player and I know he will continue to have the success his talent and hard work deserves."

Murray, who had previously been coached by Briton Mark Petchey and American Brad Gilbert, has yet to win a grand slam title despite several close calls in recent years.

In the 2008 US Open final he was taken apart by Roger Federer and he fell to the Swiss maestro again in this year's Australian Open title match.

Earlier this month, Murray was beaten 6-4 7-6 6-4 by Spanish world number one Rafael Nadal in the last four at Wimbledon.

The Scot has not played a match since losing that match in south-west London.

Former clay-court specialist Alex Corretja remains part of his backroom team.

Eurosport / Reuters
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/28072010/58/ ... lagan.html
Joao

US Open: Czterdzieści tysięcy zamiast miliona dla Murraya

Murray, który wygrał tegoroczne US Open Series, za trzecią rundę w Nowym Jorku odbierze czek na dodatkowe 40 tysięcy dolarów. Jeśli turniej by wygrał - byłby to okrągły milion. Na powiększenie gaży za US Open ma jeszcze szansę Roger Federer - pół miliona za wygraną i Mardy Fish - ćwierć miliona za ewentualne zwycięstwo.
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ ... a-murraya/
US Open, komentarze: Zmęczony Murray szuka trenera

Cierpiałem fizycznie - powiedział Andy Murray po odpadnięciu z US Open. Brytyjska nadzieja na tytuł w Wielkim Szlemie nie zamierza na gwałt szukać trenera, bez którego pozostaje de facto po rozstaniu się z Milesem Maclaganem.
Porażka Murraya ze Stanislasem Wawrinką to sensancja na koniec pierwszego tygodnia międzynarodowych mistrzostw Stanów Zjednoczonych. - Nie zagrałem gorzej niż w II rundzie, ale Wawrinka jest znacznie lepszym zawodnikiem niż Brown - przyznał Murray. - Był po prostu lepszy ode mnie. Nie wykorzystałem szans w pierwszym i drugim secie - tłumaczył. Wawrinka o kolejnym rywalu, Samie Querreyu: - Jesteśmy na podobnym poziomie.

Od trzeciego seta Szkot miał problemy z kondycją, co zdziwiło wielu, łącznie z nim samym. - Nie czułem się tak od paru lat, ale kiedyś w końcu może zdarzyć się każdemu. Życie - przyznał. - Nie byłem przecież w strasznej dyspozycji. Jeśli McEnroe mówi, że walczyłem sam ze sobą, to ma trochę racji. Były wielkie mecze, których nie powinienem był wygrać i takie jak dziś, gdy powinienem.

Przed Murrayem w wyścigu po tytuł w Nowym Jorku miał być tylko Roger Federer. - Jest tylu dobrych zawodników w Szlemie. Trzeba pokonać ich wszystkich, nie tylko Rogera i Rafę. Andy mógł być optymistą po serii turniejów na amerykańskich kortach twardych: - Grałem tam znakomity tenis i mogę być z tego zadowolony. Ale nie z tego, co pokazałem teraz. Grałem znakomicie w Australii, potem gorzej aż do Roland Garros, bardzo dobrze w Wimbledonie i także w Ameryce Północnej.

Na trzeci wielkoszlemowy finał poczeka co najmniej do Melbourne. - Nie wiem, czy wygram turniej Wielkiego Szlema. Wiem, że w tym celu dam z siebie stop procent - zapowiedział. Teraz chce odpocząć, a potem zająć się rozwiązaniem sprawy nowego trenera: - W tej kwestii trzeba cierpliwości. Nie mogę panikować, bo przegrałem w III rundzie US Open. Nie będę zatrudniał coacha na szybko, żeby natychmiast coś w swojej grze poprawić. To, czego teraz potrzebuję to przerwa.
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ ... a-trenera/
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Gilbert dokłada swoje, jeżeli chodzi o presję, jaka ciąży na Szkocie. Sam Andy powoli zdaje się tracić wiarę w sukces w Wielkim Szlemie.

Andy Murray: Nie jestem pewny, czy kiedykolwiek uda mi się wygrać turniej wielkoszlemowy.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tenn ... 72208.html
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Joao

Murray urządza casting. Spore wymagania

Andy Murray zaczyna się rozglądać za nowym trenerem. Od czerwca prowadzi go Alex Corretja, ale to tylko tymczasowe rozwiązanie. W nowy sezon najlepszy brytyjski tenisista wejdzie już z nowym szkoleniowcem.

23-letni Murray w czerwcu zwolnił swojego długoletniego trenera Milesa Maclagana. Żeby nie zostać na lodzie, nawiązał luźną współpracę w niepełnym wymiarze godzin z byłym hiszpańskim zawodowcem Aleksem Corretją, w 1999 roku drugą rakietą na świecie. Corretja będzie doglądał Murraya do końca roku.

Takie rozwiązanie odpowiada Szkotowi, który w trakcie pełnego sezonu nie ma głowy do poszukiwania nowego trenera. Zapewnia jednak, że po ostatnim turnieju w tym roku wreszcie znajdzie sobie trenera. Będzie jednak srogim recenzentem na castingu.

- Chcę mieć pewność, że wybrałem odpowiedniego trenera. Nie chcę nikogo brać na siłę, żeby się nie okazało za trzy czy cztery miesiące, że popełniłem błąd - tłumaczy swoją opieszałość Andy Murray.

- Do końca sezonu będę trenował z Aleksem. Nowego trenera wybiorę przed nowym rokiem, może jeszcze w grudniu, kiedy będę miał czas, żeby sprawdzić kilku trenerów - dodaje szkocki tenisista, który w poniedziałek rozpoczyna duży turniej w Pekinie.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/atp-pekin ... tory.shtml
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Magical Murray downs Federer

Obrazek

Andy Murray rediscovered his best form to overcome former world number one Roger Federer 6-3 6-2 in the final of the Shanghai Masters.

Federer was broken in the opening game of the match from leading 40-15 and the match went downhill from that point onwards for the Swiss player.

Murray managed to torment Federer with his movement, shot selection and his unique ability to retrieve the ball from seemingly impossible situations.

It was the type of convincing performance that suggests better times ahead in his quest for that elusive first Grand Slam title.

"I played some of my best tennis," said Murray. "You always have to do that to beat Roger, which I did. I managed to do that most of the week."

The Scot's court coverage was outstanding throughout the final, but so was his resolve as he faced six break points and saved them all with some fine second serves.

Murray won 56% of his points on second serve. Set against Federer's 24%, it was a key reason behind Murray's win. Put simply, he played the big points better, a point picked up on by Federer afterwards.

"Andy had an outstanding tournament," said the always magnanimous Federer. "I thought Andy played great today. He didn't give me many chances."

Federer is set to move up to second in the world after his run to the final, but he was second best to Murray on this occasion.

It comes only a couple of months after he succumbed to Murray in the final of the Toronto Masters.

Neither man had dropped a set in reaching the final. Murray had overcome Yan Bai, Jeremy Chardy, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Juan Monaco, while Federer had dismissed John isner, Andreas Seppi, Robin Soderling and Novak Djokovic.

Murray looked a different beast from the erratic figure who complained about injury and seemed to suffer an outbreak of childish petulance in slumping to defeat to the powerful Stanislas Wawrinka in the third round of the US Open last month.

Murray was totally focused on the job in hand in the final. He established a 5-3 lead in the opening set and broke Federer for a second time to claim it by producing a tremendous passing shot on the run.

Federer had two break points in the opening game of the second set, but Murray did not allow Federer the chance to break him, which summed up the theme of the match.

With Federer being blighted by inconsistency on his groundstrokes, particularly a wildly fluctuating forehand, Murray broke to lead 3-1 and tied it up with his second break of the second set to wrap it up 6-2 as Federer could only bundle a volley into the net.

Murray now holds an 8-5 lead over the Swiss player in their career meetings, but Federer remains 3-2 ahead of Murray in their final duels, including wins over the Scotsman at the 2008 US Open and this year's Australian Open.

The one disappointing aspect of the final was a low attendance at such a match inside the gigantic stadium court in Shanghai.

It did not deter Murray, who made the occasion one to remember with the quality of his play.
Eurosport[/quote]
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17102010/ ... derer.html
Joao

Murray bez genu zwycięzcy?

Andy Murray w sierpniu w wielkim stylu wygrał turniej w Toronto pokonując po drodze Rafaela Nadala i Rogera Federera. Liczący na niego Brytyjczycy mieli nadzieję, że w końcu doczekają się wielkoszlemowego triumfu, tymczasem Andy z US Open odpadł w III rundzie. Dlaczego tak się dzieje, że fantastycznie grający w cyklu Masters 1000 Szkot w Wielkich Szlemach nigdy nie potrafi się wznieść na sam szczyt?Szkot w tym sezonie swoją kolekcję trofeów powiększył o te wywalczone w Toronto i Szanghaju. W sumie na swoim koncie ma 16 tytułów, z czego sześć zdobytych w cyklu Masters 1000. Urodzony z Dunblane tenisista ma dodatni bilans spotkań z Rogerem Federerem (8-6), ale przegrał ze Szwajcarem te najważniejsze mecze, w finale US Open 2008 i Australian Open 2010 nie wygrywając w nich seta.

Dwa wielkoszlemowe finały dla 23-letniego tenisisty to oczywiście spory sukces, ale jest w nim coś takiego co każe zaryzykować śmiałą tezę, że po wielkoszlemowy tytuł nigdy nie sięgnie. Murray to jeden z najlepszych specjalistów od gry z kontry w dzisiejszym tenisie. Sprytny, świetnie poukładany taktycznie, najwięcej kończących uderzeń notujący będąc w głębokiej defensywie, cierpliwie rozgrywający wymiany, wymuszający błędy. Jego tenis oparty jest na wybijaniu rywali z rytmu za pomocą technicznych zagrań. Jego mocną stroną jest też return. Świetnie czyta grę i dopasowuje swoją taktykę do ruchów rywala. Wszystko wygląda pięknie: inteligencja i spryt, świetny pierwszy serwis, do tego return, ale jest w jego grze jeden poważny mankament. Jest to tenis zbyt delikatny i defensywny, by mógł mu zapewnić zdobycie wielkoszlemowego tytułu.

I znów warto wrócić do turnieju w Toronto. Tam grał tenis odważny, maszerował ochoczo do siatki, skracał wymiany, czym zaskoczył wszystkich rywali, z Nadalem i Federerem na czele. Ale już na Flushing Meadows widzieliśmy tego samego Andy'ego: do bólu konsekwentnego, biernego, przyczajonego, czekającego na błędy rywali bądź też na okazję do skończenia dłuższej wymiany. Szkot chce być cwanym lisem, który przechytrzy wszystkich, ale w ostateczności zawsze okazuje się zbyt miękki i to on zostaje upolowany przez silniejszych od siebie rywali.

Dla jednego z największych taktyków we współczesnym tenisie paradoksalnie ta taktyka jest największym problemem. Czasem tak się zaplącze w tych swoich taktycznych zagrywkach, że sam wpada w zasadzkę, którą przygotował rywalowi. Ta delikatność, pieszczenie piłki jest skuteczne, ale do czasu. W Wielkich Szlemach Murrayowi brakuje ikry, lwiego pazura, przemienia się w przestraszonego kociaka nie potrafiącego dobijać rywali, choć nawet w cyklu Masters 1000 wydaje się, że jest już przygotowany do mocnego ataku. Negatywny wpływ ma też na niego mama. Ile to już mieliśmy przypadków rodziców wtrącających się w kariery swoich dzieci, gdy ich nadopiekuńczość doprowadzała do katastrofy.

Co powoduje, że Andy ciągle pozostaje bez wielkoszlemowego tytułu? Jest to efekt słabości fizycznej, nieumiejętność wytrzymania trudów dwutygodniowej rywalizacji? A może jest to słabość psychiczna, czyli nieumiejętność radzenia sobie z presją Brytyjczyków czekających na wielkoszlemowy tytuł od prehistorycznych czasów? A może Andy po prostu nie ma genu urodzonego zwycięzcy?

autor: Łukasz Iwanek
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ ... zwyciezcy/
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

2010 w liczbach
Ranking: 4
Turnieje: 2 (Toronto, Szanghaj)
Finały: 2 (Australian Open, LA)
Mecze: 46-18
Zarobki: $4,046,805
Art

Post autor: Art »

Top two look too hot for Murray

British tennis fans will be hoping that the Australian Open will finally see Andy Murray lift his first Grand Slam title, but the big problem he has is the same one he faced last year - he's up against the two greatest players of all time.
Nadal goes into the tournament at the same level he was at last year - if not higher - and Federer is certainly better than he was at this time last year; so it doesn't look good.

Last year Murray was clearly the best player apart from those two going into the tournament, but Djokovic has rediscovered his form too, which is bad news.

However, the Australian Open is as good a chance as Murray has amongst the Slams. The surface suits him and he works extraordinarily hard in the off-season which can also bear fruit.

Andy probably works harder than any other player on tour and he's in as good shape as he was last year.

He played phenomenal tennis last year and I was optimistic going into the final but Federer, just as he has done in finals in the past, raised his game against Andy.

It must be so frustrating for Andy and I know he was shattered by losing to Federer. It took him time to get over that, but by the end of the year he was back playing his best tennis again.

I feel he is going to be play really well in Melbourne, but the problem is Federer and Nadal are playing unbelievably well at the moment and until he is able to beat them both in a Grand Slam, I don't think he can win one.

I do think, even after what happened in Australia, that he believes he can beat Federer on almost any occasion - but I'm not sure he goes in believing he will beat Nadal. Has he still got that mindset when he takes on Federer? I hope he has.

However, I do still see Andy as the next best bet after Nadal and Federer.

I think we're roughly at the same stage we were last year - I'm no less hopeful, but it's a very tough call to say that he can win it.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/si ... icle/5432/
Awatar użytkownika
Robertinho

Po tej wypowiedzi Simona, szanse Rudego moim zdanie diametralnie wzrosły, bez "klątwy Reed'a" może wreszcie uda mu się wygrać upragnionego Szlema.
ODPOWIEDZ