Novak Djoković

Profile aktywnych graczy ATP Tour.
Awatar użytkownika
Alan

Re: Novak Djoković

Post autor: Alan »

Novak Djokovic keeping an eye on history

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic of Serbia returns a shot against Conor Niland of Ireland.

NOVAK Djokovic will ignore talk of super diets and even a bizarre flirtation with a hyperbaric chamber, convinced that he can match John McEnroe's 1984 record of 82 wins against just three defeats.

The world No.1 took his season tally to 58 wins against just two losses when Irish qualifier Conor Niland's thankless task was rendered mission impossible by food poisoning in the US Open first round on Tuesday.

Djokovic, whose only losses in 2011 came against Roger Federer in the French Open semi-finals and in the Cincinnati Masters final when a right shoulder injury handed Andy Murray victory, knows that history is within his grasp.

"Sounds big," said the 24-year-old. "This year has been tremendous and there has been a lot of talk about history making and this incredible run."

Djokovic has won nine titles this year including the Australian Open and Wimbledon crowns, taking Rafael Nadal's top ranking in the process.

Twice a runner-up at the US Open, including last year to Nadal, the Serb is looking to become just the sixth man to win three grand slam titles in the same year in the Open era.

He is already the first man to win five Masters events in the same year after defeating Mardy Fish in the final at Montreal.

His other Masters titles came at Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, defeating Nadal on all four occasions.

Furthermore, his 43-match winning streak, which stretched from Serbia's Davis Cup triumph in December to his loss to Federer in Paris in June, was the third longest in history, just three behind Guillermo Vilas's all-time mark.

"After I won Wimbledon I took some time off and I got to think about everything that I've been through," said Djokovic.

"And to be honest with you, I even have more motivation to play and to win more grand slams, now more than ever that I know that I can actually perform equally well on any surface."

Much has been made of Djokovic's surge to the top of the world since giving up bread and pasta after developing an allergy to gluten.

But he refuses to reveal what he eats instead and has shown a similar reluctance to expand upon his use of a hyperbaric chamber.

"I have used it a couple of times just to test it and see how it is, and since then I haven't used it at all this year. It doesn't have any influence on my success that I had in last 10 months," said the Serb.

"There is nothing controversial. As I was aware, many successful athletes have been using that in the past."

Djokovic needed just 44 minutes to claim a 6-0 5-1 victory over Niland on Tuesday.
Niland, the world 197 and making his Flushing Meadows debut, had suffered food poisoning since Monday.

He would have felt even worse when he was broken three times in the opening set which lasted just 21 minutes and where he won only eight points.

The 29-year-old Irishman received medical attention at the changeover but he was quickly a game down in the second set.
He then won applause from a sympathetic crowd when he finally opened his account for 1-1.

But Djokovic restored the balance of power by racing to a 4-1 lead.

One game later, Djokovic was able to celebrate victory when the stricken Niland, having won just 14 points in the tie, called it quits.
Niland said he had felt unwell since Monday morning.

"We're saying maybe a salad or a pork dish, but we're not naming the restaurant," he said.

"I haven't been able to keep anything down. That's why there was no strength in my legs. Believe me, it has been a tough couple of days."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni ... 6126207898
Awatar użytkownika
Samurray

Post autor: Samurray »

Djokovic routs Berlocq at US Open

Obrazek

Instead of a third bagel, Novak Djokovic opted for dessert.

The top seed at the U.S. Open punctuated his 6-0, 6-0, 6-2 victory over Argentina's Carlos Berlocq on Thursday with his sweetest shot of the night - a backward, between-the-legs trick shot that veered low and perfect over the net. Berlocq couldn't handle it and Djokovic, always the entertainer, cupped his hand to his ear to bask in the applause.

"I played good tennis, tried to win,'' Djokovic said. "On the other hand, we tried to engage the crowd. It was nice. A lot of entertainment. Long, attractive points, the through-the-leg shot and things like that. It was a really, really good third set.''

Entertaining, indeed, though there really was only one dramatic story line on this night: Whether Berlocq, ranked 74th, would get a game. Djokovic won the first 14 and appeared on track to become the first man to win a U.S. Open match at love, love and love since Ivan Lendl in 1987.

But trailing 2-0 in the third, Berlocq caught a net cord to get a pair of break points against Djokovic. After Djokovic saved the first, Berlocq hit a running backhand winner to get on the board - and get a standing ovation from the fans at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

They saw very little competitive tennis on this day. Five matches on the U.S. Open show court were won by a combined score of 72 games to 14.

"One of the guys, on the way out, said, `Listen, I paid 100 bucks and you're only staying for an hour and a half on the court. Give me something else. Give me a racket or something,''' Djokovic said.

But nobody can say these two didn't put on a show. Leading 1-0 in the third set, Djokovic and Berlocq exchanged six straight volleys; Djokovic won the exchange to close out the game, then celebrated by high-fiving a fan.

Earlier, trailing 5-0 in the second and with no real answers for his opponent, Berlocq tried his own `tweener,' but his between-the-legs shot hit the bottom of the net. The crowd cheered wildly anyway.

"All I can do is give my best,'' Berlocq said. "This guy is a player from another planet. So all I can do is try my hardest.''

Indeed, Djokovic is having an unheard-of season and so far, he's been piling on at Flushing Meadows. He has lost a total of three games over his first two matches at the year's final Grand Slam. His first opponent retired while trailing 6-0, 5-1.

Djokovic improved to 59-2 on the season and moved a win closer to his third major title of the year - a title that would cement this as one of the best seasons in tennis history.

Next up for Djokovic - a third-round match against Russia's Nikolay Davydenko, a four-time Grand Slam semifinalist, including twice at the U.S. Open.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/t ... index.html
I can cry like Roger, just a shame I can't play like him. AM
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Konferencja po zwycięstwie w drugiej rundzie
Spoiler:
Źródło: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv ... 56225.html
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Djokovic Beats Davydenko For 60th Win

Obrazek

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic claimed his 60th match win of the season on Saturday night as he dismissed Nikolay Davydenko 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 to reach the US Open fourth round in New York.

Djokovic has left the rest of the tour trailing in his wake in 2011, taking just nine months to compile a 60-2 match record, including nine tour-level titles. His only two defeats this season came to Roger Federer in the Roland Garros semi-finals and to Andy Murray in the Cincinnati final. Rafael Nadal has been the Serb’s closest contender, currently commanding a 55-10 mark.

The 24-year-old Djokovic is bidding to win the US Open title for the first time and, in doing so, become the sixth man in the Open Era to win three major titles in the same season, having been victorious at the Australian Open (d. Murray) and Wimbledon (d. Nadal). He is a two-time runner-up in New York, losing out to Federer in 2007 and to Na
dal last year.

Over the past three years, Djokovic and Davydenko have contested some memorable matches, none more so that in the 2009 Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai semi-finals, when Davydenko prevailed in a third-set tie-break. Times have changed, though. While Djokovic has catapulted to the top of the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings, former World No. 3 Davydenko has plummeted to No. 39, suffering a loss of form after a wrist injury hindered him last season.

Davydenko showed glimpses of the form that once took him to US Open semi-finals in 2006 and 2007, but could not consistently match Djokovic from the baseline. Djokovic squandered an early break advantage in the first set, but won the final two games from 4-3 to take the opener.

It took the Serbian eight break points before he finally broke down Davydenko’s defences in the second set, assuming a 4-3 lead as the Russian hooked a forehand wide. Having been hampered by a first-serve percentage of 41 per cent throughout the second set, Djokovic found four telling first serves when he needed them to close out the two-set lead.

There was less resistance from the 30-year-old Davydenko in the third set and Djokovic romped towards the finish line with two breaks of serve. He improved to a 5-2 lead in their FedEx ATP Head2Head.

"I had some ups and downs in my match today," admitted Djokovic. "But it's the first test I've had this tournament and it was expected. I was aware of his quality. Davydenko is a great player; he knows how to play majors. He went out there and played his game, very aggressive. I think I was a little bit too defensive at the start and that's why I was missing a lot of balls from the forehand side. But when I needed to adjust I did and I got crucial breaks each set. The third set was better."

Next up for Djokovic is a first-time meeting with Ukrainian No. 22 seed Alexandr Dolgopolov, who beat Croatian Ivo Karlovic 6-7(4), 6-2, 6-4, 6-4. Both players struck 22 aces each, but Dolgopolov hit 59 winners to Karlovic's 45 and converted four more break point opportunities.

"He's had the best year and a half of his career," said Djokovic of breakthrough Australian Open quarter-finalist Dolgopolov. "I think hard court is his preferred surface. He plays aggressively and has a pretty big serve. He's a tough player, but we are in the second week and we are expecting tough matches."
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Wins.aspx
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Konferencja prasowa po zwycięstwie w trzeciej rundzie Us Open:
Spoiler:
Źródło: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv ... 00394.html

Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Czy mógłby ktoś potwierdzić (bądź zaprzeczyć), że Novak planuje we wrześniu ślub z Jeleną?
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

DUN I LOVE pisze:Czy mógłby ktoś potwierdzić (bądź zaprzeczyć), że Novak planuje we wrześniu ślub z Jeleną?
Podpuszczasz? :mrgreen:
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

W temacie Novaka na RF Forum ktoś podał taką informację.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
ginny

Post autor: ginny »

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/us-open-5 ... tory.shtml

Z tego newsa wynika, że bierze ślub :)
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Tak, a jego świadkiem ma być Andy Murray :) .

Konferencja prasowa po awansie do ćwierćfinału Us Open 2011:
Spoiler:
Źródło: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv ... 39790.html

Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Djokovic Saves 2 MPs In Epic Comeback

Obrazek

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic extended his remarkable season by coming back from a 0-2 sets deficit for the second time in his career, saving two match points at 3-5 in the fifth set, to defeat Switzerland's Roger Federer, the 2004-08 champion, 6-7(7), 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5 in three hours and 51 minutes on Saturday afternoon.

Djokovic will now attempt to become the sixth man in the Open Era to lift three Grand Slam championship trophies in the same year on Monday at the US Open, where he is bidding to lift his fourth major crown overall.

He will contest his sixth Grand Slam championship final against either World No. 2 and defending champion Rafael Nadal, of Spain, or fourth-seeded Scot and 2008 runner-up Andy Murray.

Djokovic, who became World No. 1 in July, will look to join Rod Laver (1969), Jimmy Connors (1974), Mats Wilander (1988), Federer (2004, 2006-07) and Nadal (2010) as a three-time major titlist in the same season. He won his second Australian Open title over Murray in January and beat Nadal in the Wimbledon final two months ago.

"It was a very similar situation to last year," acknowledged Djokovic. "I had to take my chances. I was very close to being on my way back home. He was serving. He was 40/15 up. I managed to hit that amazing forehand return which got me back. I got a little bit of energy from the crowd, and I fought back. I needed to stay positive, and I definitely didn't want the French Open to happen again. It was an incredible last two games.

"The confidence level is very high at this moment for me and it helps me to get into these big matches and go for the shots that I maybe I wasn't going for in the past couple of years. But it's all I think a process of learning and getting experience and maturing as a player, as a person. For these matches you're working hard and you want to be there. You want to be there and you want to win against guys like Federer."

Obrazek

In a good quality first set, which lasted 55 minutes, Djokovic dropped five points on serve en route to the tie-break. Federer, however, managed to open up a 5-2 lead in a dramatic tie-break and held three set point opportunities at 6-3. Djokovic saved all three with groundstroke winners, yet on Federer's fifth chance the Swiss hit a forehand down the line that the top seed tamely netted. Federer improved to 16-8 in tie-breaks this year.

Momentum swung back and forth in the second set. Federer broke serve first in the third game, converting his second opportunity with a forehand winner that landed behind a scrambling Djokovic. At 1-3, Djokovic responded by winning the next two games, sealing his first break point chance when Federer hit a forehand long. Federer bounced back, breaking Djokovic to love and holding for 5-3. Minutes later, Federer took a commanding lead after one hour and 51 minutes of play. Djokovic, in his fifth straight US Open semi-final, would now need to recover from a 0-2 sets deficit for the second time in his career (2005 Wimbledon - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez).

The third set started well for Djokovic. Cheered on by P-Diddy in the Serbian's box and a number of Hollywood actors dotted around the Arthur Ashe Stadium, Djokovic converted his third break point opportunity, in an eight-minute service game, when Federer hit a backhand into the net. Djokovic grew in stature, maintaining the three-game cushion to clinch the set after 42 minutes, with a service hold to 30 when Federer mis-hit a backhand long.

Obrazek

Djokovic showcased tremendous athleticism at the start of the fourth set, lunging for deep Federer groundstrokes to break the Swiss to 15 in the first game. With Federer barely winning a point in Djokovic's service games, the 24-year-old Serbian's comeback gained pace when he took a 4-1 lead as unforced errors by Federer continued to mount. At 1-5, Federer fought back from 15/40, but Djokovic was not to be denied as minutes later he sent the match to a deciding set.

In a tense decider, Federer broke Djokovic's serve in the eighth game. He went on to set up two match points at 40/15, but was unable to convert either of them. Djokovic broke back, when Federer double-faulted on the Serb's second break point opportunity. Would history repeat itself? In 2010, Federer squandered two match points on Djokovic's serve to lose the US Open semi-final.

Djokovic regained his composure to level at 5-5. In the next game, Djokovic's greater groundstroke power reaped dividends when he broke Federer's serve to 15 with a forehand winner. Djokovic coolly sealed his 63rd win in 65 matches this year to leave Federer shell-shocked again.
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... derer.aspx

Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Novak w 6 wielkoszlemowym finale!

Obrazek

Novak Djoković zagra po raz 3 w karierze w finale US Open. Serbski tenisista nie wygrał jeszcze nowojorskiej imprezy. Jutrzejszy mecz będzie 6 wielkoszlemowym finałem w karierze lidera rankingu.

Finały wielkoszlemowe Djokovicia:
Australian Open 2
Wimbledon 1
US Open 3
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Djokovic One Step Closer To Ending Nadal's Year-End No. 1 Hopes

Obrazek

Novak Djokovic could deliver the killer blow in the battle for the year-end No. 1 South African Airway ATP Ranking should he defeat defending champion Rafael Nadal in the US Open final Monday.

Nadal had clinched the year-end No. 1 ranking for the second time in three years after defeating the Serbian in the 2010 US Open final, but relinquished his spot in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings to Djokovic following Wimbledon this past July. He has since seen the Serbian extend his lead at the top.

A victory Monday would give Djokovic his third Grand Slam crown of 2011 to Nadal’s one, and would increase his advantage over his rival in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Year-To-Date Rankings to 4,310 points. To put it in context, an undefeated champion at the biggest three events over the final stretch of the season - the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Shanghai and Paris and the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - would net a total of 3,500 points.

Djokovic is coming off what he’s called “the greatest victory I had in 2011”, rallying from an 0-2 sets deficit and saving two match points for a second straight year to defeat five-time champion Roger Federer in Saturday’s semi-final, and will take added confidence from his superb season into a US Open rematch with Nadal.

“It's obvious that this is the best year of my career, by far,” said the World No. 1. “The confidence level that is very high at this moment for me helps me to get into this big matches and go for the shots that I maybe in some situations wouldn’t, that I wasn't going for those shots in the past couple years. But it's all I think a process of learning and getting experience and maturing as a player, as a person.

“It might have been the case that it helped me in this match [against Federer], knowing that I have such a great season and knowing that I have such great confidence. I really have nothing to lose, even though it's the semi-finals of a Grand Slam and playing somebody that is a great rival of mine. But for these matches you're working hard and you want to be there. You want to be there and you want to win against guys like Federer.”

Djokovic, who opened the year with the Australian Open title, is attempting to become the sixth man in the Open Era to win three Grand Slam titles in the same season, joining Rod Laver (1969), Jimmy Connors (1974), Mats Wilander (1988), Federer (2004, 2006-07) and Nadal (2010).

While Djokovic is chasing his 10th title of an incredible season, including a historic haul of five ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies, Nadal has won three titles - at Roland Garros, Monte-Carlo and Barcelona - and been relegated to runner-up status five times by Djokovic going into the US Open final.

“For moments I didn’t believe really 100 per cent with the victory,” admitted Nadal. “That’s the big problem because when that’s happening, you have less chances, much less than if you believe. If you believe, you are running more, you are putting one more ball inside. So that’s the problem, and that's what I’m gonna try to change for Monday.

“If I’m not ready to change for Monday, I have a goal to do it for next year, so I am ready to work hard. I am ready to work my tennis, to work my mental part, and hopefully I will ready for Monday. That’s what I would like. But if not, I really believe that I can come back next year and do it better.”

The last player to hold down the year-end No. 1 South African Airway ATP Ranking other than Nadal or Federer was Andy Roddick, following his 2003 US Open triumph.
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... D-No1.aspx

Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Novak tańczy z szalonym fanem :D

Awatar użytkownika
Kubecki

Post autor: Kubecki »

#28) US Open 2011

Obrazek

R128 Conor Niland (IRL) 6-0 5-1 ret.
R64 Carlos Berlocq (ARG) 6-0 6-0 6-2
R32 Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) 6-3 6-4 6-2
R16 Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) 7-6 6-4 6-2
QF Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) 7-6 6-7 6-0 3-0 ret.
SF Roger Federer (SUI) 6-7 4-6 6-3 6-2 7-5
W Rafael Nadal (ESP) 6-2 6-4 6-7 6-1
MTT - tytuły (10)
2018 (1): Montpellier
2011 (1): US Open
2010 (2): Houston, Metz
2009 (3): Belgrad, Madryt, Stuttgart
2008 (3): Hamburg, Bangkok, Tokio
Administrator

To 4 wielkoszlemowy tytuł serbskiego tenisisty, 3 w tym roku:

Australian Open 2008, 2011
Wimbledon 2011
US Open 2011

Djoković wyrównał osiągnięcia Jima Couriera i Guillermo Vilasa, którzy także 4 razy unosili ku górze wielkoszlemowy puchar.
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Konferencja prasowa po zwycięstwie w Us Open 2011:
Spoiler:
Źródło: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv ... 55075.html

Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Djokovic Dethrones Nadal, Captures Fourth Major Title

Obrazek

ATP World Tour No. 1 Novak Djokovic captured his 10th piece of silverware in what has been a remarkable season as he beat defending champion Rafael Nadal 6-2, 6-4, 6-7(3), 6-1 in the US Open final on Monday in New York.

It is the sixth time this season that Djokovic has beaten Nadal, with all of their contests coming in finals. He defeated Nadal in the finals of ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events in Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, before dethroning the Spaniard at Wimbledon. It was the first US Open final to feature the world’s Top 2 players since 1995.

Upon being announced as the 24th different US Open champion, Djokovic said, "It really sounds unreal; it's an incredible feeling. I had an amazing year and it keeps going. Every time I play Rafa it's a big challenge. I want to congratulate him on a great tournament again. I wish that we will have many more tough matches in the upcoming years. It's an absolute pleasure to be a part of the very few players that have won this trophy throughout history."

After victories at the Australian Open (d. Murray) and Wimbledon earlier in the year, Djokovic becomes the sixth man in the Open Era to win three Grand Slam championships in the same season. The 24-year-old Serbian captured his fourth major title overall, having also triumphed at the 2008 Australian Open (d. Tsonga).

It is the first time that Djokovic has laid his hands on the US Open trophy, having twice before finished runner-up. In his first major final in 2007, he lost out to Federer, and he was beaten in four sets by Nadal last year as the Spaniard completed the career Grand Slam.

As he did in 2010, Djokovic reached the final at Flushing Meadows after saving two match points to defeat Federer in a five-set epic in the semi-finals. The Belgrade native rallied from two sets down for the second time in his career, and saved two match points when Federer led 5-3, 40/15 in the fifth set.

He is the first man to go on to win a Grand Slam championship after saving match point since Marat Safin won the 2005 Australian Open (d. Hewitt) having saved match point against Federer in the semi-finals.

Djokovic has compiled a staggering 64-2 mark in 2011, including a perfect 41-0 start to the season which ended in defeat to Federer in the Roland Garros semi-finals. The Serb’s only other defeat this season came against Andy Murray in the Cincinnati final, where he retired with a shoulder injury.

Obrazek

The 25-year-old Nadal was bidding to win his 11th major title and second of the season after capturing a record-equalling sixth Roland Garros crown (d. Federer) in June. The left-hander has been left in the shadows by Djokovic this season, but has still compiled extremely strong results, recording a 59-11 win-loss mark and reaching nine tour-level finals (3-6 record).

"Obviously I'm disappointed," said Nadal. "This guy is doing unbelievable things, so I just want to congratulate Novak. What he did this year is probably impossible to repeat. I tried my best in every moment.

"These kind of matches are very difficult, they bring your body to the limit. I think I tried to play aggressive, but he always made a fantastic comeback. I'm happy about what I did. I ran to every ball. I fought until the last ball. This year I've lost a lot of finals against him. I have to accept I won a lot in the past and the only thing I can do is to try my best every day to keep improving."

It is only the fourth Grand Slam final Nadal has lost. His three previous runner-up finishes all came at Wimbledon, losing to Federer in the 2006-2007 finals before succumbing to Djokovic as defending champion this year.
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Title.aspx

Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Djokovic Sets Sights On Career Slam

Obrazek

After winning his fourth major title on Monday in New York, World No. 1 Novak Djokovic set his sights on completing the career Grand Slam. Only the Roland Garros crown eludes the Serb, who won the Australian Open in 2008 and 2011, and captured the Wimbledon crown 10 weeks ago. He has claimed three of the four slams this year, becoming only the sixth player in the Open Era to win three majors in a season.

“This is you can say my year, or the year where I performed my best tennis at major events,” said Djokovic. “It's something that makes me incredibly happy. It's definitely going to take a lot of effort to try to repeat even half of what I have done this year for next year. I guess it takes some time to realise the success that I had this year, especially now winning another major. I'm all over positive emotions. It's really hard to find the words that can describe the feeling that I had and that I have still.

“There are still a lot of things to prove to myself and to the tennis world,” continued the Serb, who was beaten in the semi-finals at Roland Garros this year by Roger Federer, just one of two losses he has suffered all season. “I still want to win many more major events. It's just that love for the sport that keeps me going. And winning on the court, that feeling, as long as it stays with me, I will keep fighting for more trophies. It would be unbelievable to be able to complete the Grand Slam, to win the French Open. It's something that is definitely an ambition, but it's going to take time.”

Buy Tickets To See Djokovic & Nadal At Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

2011 has without doubt been the year of Djokovic. The Belgrade native has shifted the order in world tennis, leapfrogging Nadal and Federer to sit atop the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings, a position he will in all likelihood hold at the end of the season, and battered Nadal into submission six times. Going into the 2010 US Open, Djokovic had not recorded a Top 10 win all season; this year he is 20-2 against the game’s elite. How does the Serb explain the turnaround?

“I have just a different approach to the semi-finals and finals of major events, especially when I'm playing two great champions, Rafa and Roger,” said Djokovic. “In the past couple of years that wasn't the case. I was always kind of trying to wait for their mistakes or being out there and playing my best tennis but not really having the positive attitude and kind of believing that I can win. So this has changed, I guess, and the US Open 2010 was one of the turning points in my career, definitely.”

The turning point Djokovic refers to came in last year’s semi-finals against Federer, when he saved two match points to win a five-set epic - a feat he repeated this past this weekend, only this time he also bested Nadal in the final.

“It is on one side an incredible feeling if you win against them; on the other side, it's very disappointing if you lose because they're your greatest rivals,” said Djokovic. “The way I look at it, it takes a lot of mental energy and physical energy to win against these guys, especially Rafa. He never gives up. You could see that today. Two sets and a break down and serving for the match and he's coming back. That's why he's a great champion. So when I lost this third set it wasn't fun, definitely. I knew that I am not physically there. I'm not as fit as I was in the start of the match, so I needed to do take chances, and I did. It was an incredible set for me.”
Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... -Slam.aspx

ODPOWIEDZ