mtenis.com.pl

mtenis.com.pl

Forum tenisowe ATP
Dzisiaj jest 20 cze 2018, 17:22

Strefa czasowa UTC+2godz.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 50 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Pablo Andujar
PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 17:43 
Awatar użytkownika

Obrazek PABLO ANDUJAR

Obrazek

Data urodzenia: 23 stycznia 1986
Miejsce urodzenia: Cuenca, Hiszpania
Narodowość: Hiszpania
Miejsce zamieszkania:
Wzrost: 180 cm
Masa ciała: 76 kg
Gra: praworęczna, oburęczny backhand
Status profesjonalny: od 2004
Trener: Jose Luis Aparisi

Oficjalna strona: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Play ... dujar.aspx

2016: Queen's Club, Atlanta
2014: Pekin
2013: Montpellier, Atlanta
2012: Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea

Finały (16):
2018: Dubaj,
2017: Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon
2016: Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch
2013: Barcelona, Madryt, Paryż - Bercy
2012: Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea
2011: Los Angeles

Gra podwójna:

Tytuły (4): Wimbledon’13, Australian Open’15, Roland Garros’15, Us Open'17
Finały (2): Us Open’15, Wimbledon’16

PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 17:48 
Awatar użytkownika

Osiągnięcia:

Tytuły w singlu: 2
2012 (1) Casablanca
2011 (1) Casablanca

Finały w singlu : 3
2011 (2) Stuttgart, Bukareszt
2010 (1) Bukareszt

Finały w deblu: 1
2011 (1) Costa do Sauipe (w/Daniel Gimeno-Traver)

Najlepsze występy w Wielkim Szlemie:
Australia Open: 1R (2009, 2011)
Roland Garros: 2R (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Wimbledon: 1R (2009, 2011)
Us Open: 1R (2008)

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

Ostatnio zmieniony 25 wrz 2011, 15:32 przez Ranger, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz

PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 17:51 
Awatar użytkownika

Album Pucharów:

#1): Casablanca 2011:

R32 Florent Serra (FRA) 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
R16 Jeremy Chardy (FRA) 7-6(6), 6-1
Q Pere Riba (ESP) 6-2, 6-2
S Albert Montanes (ESP) 6-4, 6-4
F Potito Starace (ITA) 6-1, 6-2

Obrazek

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 17:52 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Andujar Claims First ATP World Tour Title In Casablanca

Obrazek

Spain’s Pablo Andujar captured his first ATP World Tour title on Sunday at the Grand Prix Hassan II with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over fifth-seeded Italian Potito Starace.

One day after knocking out top seed Albert Montanes, the 69th-ranked Andujar capitalised on four of eight break points and saved the two faced on serve to defeat Starace for the first time in three tour-level meetings.

“I was very confident before the match,” said Andujar. “I thought about winning and yesterday’s win gave me a lot of confidence. I played in a way that made him tired, being very aggressive and making him run a lot.”

Starace, who was relegated runner-up status for the fourth time in four ATP World Tour finals, said: “He played a great match. He was too aggressive and didn’t give me one chance, so congratulations to him. He was playing a very high level.”

Andujar was contesting his second ATP World Tour final, last year reaching this stage at the clay court tournament in Bucharest (l. to Chela), and takes home € 72,600 and 250 South African Airways 2011 ATP Ranking points with his victory. “It wasn’t easy. I didn’t expect this title and it comes as a surprise for me,” he admitted.

The 25 year old has now won seven of his past eight matches to improve his season record to 10-7. Andujar recently posted his first Top 10 victory, defeating World No. 9 Fernando Verdasco in the second round of the Sony Ericson Open in Miami.

“Casablanca was a great preparation for me,” said Andujar. “The conditions are close to the ones in Europe and it’s only a two-hour flight from Valencia. This is a very good tournament to start the clay season.”

The 29-year-old Starace, who dropped to an 11-9 season record, also looked ahead to European spring season. “It was the first tournament on clay, and now I have four or five tournaments before Paris,” he said. “I hope I can make some good results because it’s very important for the confidence.”

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Title.aspx

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 17:54 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
First-Time Winner Spotlight Pablo Andujar

Obrazek

Spaniard Pablo Andujar won his first ATP World Tour title at the Grand Prix Hassan II in Casablanca after posting a decisive 6-1, 6-2 win over Italian Potito Starace in the final. ATPWorldTour.com caught up with the newly crowned champion after the trophy presentation.

Final Report

How does it feel to be holding your first ATP World Tour trophy? As a young player growing up, did you dream of a moment like this?
Of course I dreamt it. It was an amazing feeling in the court when I make the last point, the last of this match. Of course I dreamt it, but I felt it could be possible after my first defeat in [the] Bucharest [final] last year. But when I came here, I didn’t think I could win the tournament. I was feeling an unbelievable sensation like I cannot describe.

Did you think you would have won your first ATP title a bit earlier in your career?
No. It was a big experience for me to play [Juan Ignacio] Chela last year in the final. That made me mature a little bit. Today, in the final, I felt I could win and I had plenty of confidence in me and that made the difference. I think every player matures at a different age, so this was my age.

Did you feel different this time than you felt in Bucharest? Did you learn something from that experience?
Of course. I tried to be more calm every point. I took the match as a normal match, as a first round match, and that made me feel better. Although I had those normal nerves before the match and also during the match, I tried after my experience in Bucharest to manage better my feelings.

There have been so many great Spanish winners over the years on the ATP World Tour. How do you feel now that you are part of that group?
It’s really unbelievable for me. It’s very, very important for me to be one of those big Spanish players. I really don’t have words to describe what I feel right now to be one of those, and it’s unbelievable. For me, I didn’t think I could. Of course before here I felt I could win, but now that I’ve finished the match and I won the tournament, it’s really amazing for me.

You only lost one set on the way to the final. You defeated top-seeded Albert Montanes in the semi-finals. Did that give you extra confidence for today?
Of course. Montanes is a player I have a lot of respect for, because he’s 22 or 24 in the world. He’s a very good tennis player on clay courts, but I felt like I could beat him although he beat me twice or three times before this tournament. It was a very difficult match for me because I didn’t beat him before. It changed a little bit my mind to make the final.

What were you happy most with your game this week?
I think I was aggressive. I took the responsibility on the important points and I think that made me grow a little bit as a tennis player.

So far you made your best results on clay. What do you have to do to show better results on other surfaces?
It was a big surprise for me beating [Fernando] Verdasco, winning as well [against Bernard] Tomic was a big [win] on hard court. After playing there in Miami made me think to have a little bit more confidence in myself on hard court. Everybody told me I could play good, I could play great tennis on hard court, but I didn’t have the confidence in myself to make it happen. And I think after Miami, I hope I will improve my game and I will beat players on hard court.

Did that make a difference for you, getting on clay? You were really aggressive, coming to the net, attacking.
I think improving the game on hard court makes you improve the game as well on clay court. It gives you lots of things that maybe can make the difference in the match against such a solid player as Starace or Montanes.

What do you consider the best part of your game?
I think I’m solid. I have a solid game. I can come to the net. I try to be physically and mentally very, very focused and very good at it and try to imitate a little bit David Ferrer.

Last year you finished in the Top 100 for the first time at No. 71 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings. Now with your first title what are some of the goals you set yourself?
Well, I don’t fix goal. I always try to make my game improve every practice and every match. I cannot fix a goal. I try to improve my game and listen to better players. We will see the finish at the end of this year, and then we will try to fix a goal.

Who influenced you to help you get where you are now?
For me it was a whole thing. It was a mix. My parents, my coaches, my situation and my [mentality]. I think I try to make the big step to be a better player with my new coach Jose Luis Aparisi, who’s got a lot of experience and I really have faith in what he says. He is a very important person for me.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... dujar.aspx

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 17:56 
Awatar użytkownika

Skrót z finałowego występu Andujara w Casablance:

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 13 wrz 2011, 18:21 
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 43

MTT career highlights (14-8):

2018: Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)

PostZamieszczono: 25 wrz 2011, 15:34 
Awatar użytkownika

Kolejny finał w Bukareszcie.

Pablo Andujar powtórzył swój ubiegłoroczny sukces z Bukaresztu, lecz nie poprawił go. Tym razem w finale zbyt trudnym przeciwnikiem okazał się Florian Mayer - trzeci przegrany finał Hiszpana na szczeblu ATP stał się faktem. Jak mówi przysłowie do trzech razy sztuka Pablo, może za rok podbijesz stolicę Rumunii ;) .

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 25 wrz 2011, 16:41 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Bardzo dobry sezon Hiszpana, na pewno przełomowy i być może najlepszy w całej karierze.

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (20)
2018 (2) Stuttgart, Marsylia
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 06 gru 2011, 18:36 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
2011 w liczbach

Ranking: 46
Tytuł: 1 (Casablanka)
Finały: 2 (Stuttgart, Bukareszt)
Bilans gier: 25-28
Zarobki: $614,566

2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros
2013: US Open
2012: Nicea
2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn
Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.

Finały (15):
2017: Stuttgart
2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea
2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn
2014: Doha
2013: Cincinnati
2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm
2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open

PostZamieszczono: 14 mar 2012, 6:11 

Cytuj:
ANDUJAR EMBRACES DJOKOVIC MATCH-UP

Obrazek
Pablo Andujar will play Novak Djokovic in the fourth round.

Pablo Andujar is relishing the opportunity to play defending champion Novak Djokovic for a place in the BNP Paribas Open quarter-finals. The 26-year-old Spaniard, who is poised to reach a career-high ranking with his performance in the desert, is enjoying his best ATP World Tour Masters 1000 result to date.

ATPWorldTour.com caught up with Andujar ahead of his match with the World No. 1.

You made your ATP World Tour Masters 1000 debut at the BNP Paribas Open last year, and now you’ve achieved your best Masters 1000 showing here by reaching the fourth round. Is this becoming a special place for you?
I’m surprised because it’s not normal for me to beat three big players and I’m very, very happy and I’m trying to enjoy every match. I’ve always loved the places where you’re calm, and this is a place where you’re really calm. There’s no rush, no big buildings. You’re just focusing in the matches, the place, then go to the hotel. That’s the most important, maybe it’s making me play as good as I’m playing.

Has dining at Mamma Gina’s been a factor to your success this week?
I know this restaurant, it’s three days already I’ve been going every night, so I’ll try to continue to keep it like that. (laughs)

Prior to this week, you had seven wins on hard courts and now you’ve added three more. What do you think has made the difference?
I think every year I’m improving in hard courts, even if I almost try to play all the matches on clay court. You know when the years are passing, I think I’m playing better in hard court and improving some things like the serve and some steps that are different than on clay. I think the years and probably the mentality have changed.

You’ve got Novak Djokovic up next. The last you met was in 2007 at Umag, when you were ranked No. 182 in the world. Do you take more confidence into this match, now that you’re ranked No. 45 and have an ATP World Tour title under your belt?
I’m a better player right now, but he is also a better player than he was when I played him, so I’ll try to enjoy it. Novak, I’ve known him since we were young, he’s one younger than me. I’ve known him since we were 15 years old. I’ll try to enjoy it. He’s World No. 1, so nothing to lose and I’ll try to play as best as I can, enjoy the atmosphere and the moment to play in the last 16 round against such a good player as Novak.

You should reach a career-high ranking with your result here this week. How do you feel about that and what other goals do you have?
I’m really excited about that. I’m not focusing on my ranking and the points because you can win, but then afterward you have to defend so it’s a little bit of pressure you’re putting on yourself. I try not to think about that, just play every point, play every match and give everything every match and try to fight as much as possible. That’s the way I think and I try to play.

Of course I have set goals, but it has been the first year I finished in the Top 50. To maintain that is not easy. I think if I try to keep that level, probably my ranking will improve, but I don’t want to fix a number.

You speak four languages. If you could pick up a fifth language, what would it be and why?
Well, I can say I speak five because Valenciano, it’s like Catalan, the language we have in the region I live. But I would love to speak German, but it’s too difficult for me. I’ve always said I’d like to go to classes, but I have no time and right now I’m okay with this four or five languages.

Favourites...

Tournament: Barcelona. The atmosphere in Barcelona and being in Spain, you feel like it’s a real clay tournament, it’s a great club, you’re at home. My girlfriend is from Barcelona.

Place To Visit: Paris. I love the city. I love walking around Paris, all the places there are. I think it’s a great city to visit. I have a cousin that lives there so I really love it.

Food: Tapas. Being Spanish, I think tapas are the best food ever.

Music: Spanish music, like Amaral. And also, I like Maroon 5 type of groups, The Coors. I listen to very different kinds of music. I listen to flamenco sometimes, so it depends on my mood.

Movie: The most recent one is The Fighter, with the two brothers. It’s something new. If I have to think, there are a lot of movies that I like.

Book: La Sombra del Viento (The Shadow of the Wind) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. It’s a very, very good book. I also like historic ones - new history, but not long, like 100 years ago, 80 years ago. He’s talking about Barcelona, about the place.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... ch-Up.aspx

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10

PostZamieszczono: 19 mar 2012, 10:14 
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 38

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 14 kwie 2012, 9:34 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Pablo Andujar Q&A: A Future R&B Artist?

Obrazek

Pablo Andujar was one of 10 first-time winners on the ATP World Tour in 2011, capturing the trophy at the Grand Prix Hassan II in Casablanca.

This week, Andujar is back in Morocco, and is two matches away from retaining his title at the ATP World Tour 250 event, reaching the semi-finals on Friday.

As part of ATPWorldTour.com’s new Q&A series, Andujar discusses the attraction of playing in Casablanca, his drawbacks with social media and his fondness of singing... in the shower.

How does it feel to be back at the tournament where you won your first ATP World Tour title? Do you feel any extra pressure this week being the defending champion?

Of course. When you play the tournament where you won last year, you think about the points you have to defend. I try to avoid thinking about that as much as I can. I am happy to come back here because I feel very comfortable at this tournament. I have some friends here so I feel at home. That gives me security.

For those who haven’t been to Morocco, why are you intrigued to play the tournament in Casablanca? What distinguishes it from other stops on the ATP World Tour?
To play the only ATP tournament in Africa is exciting. And the courts they have here are similar to the courts in Spain. We have things that Morocco gave us and they have things we’ve shared with them. It’s a comfortable environment here.

Thus far in your career, clay has been your most successful surface. What do you enjoy most about playing on the red dirt?
I think it’s a matter of education. Being Spanish, we’ve always played on clay courts. We feel more comfortable on it because it’s the way we started. We apply our games on the court, which makes us better on clay than on hard courts. I played futures and challengers on mostly clay, but now I try and mix it up more. I’ve tried to progress more on hard courts.

You’re quite the linguist. Have you picked up any Arabic phrases during your time in Casablanca?
Not yet! I will try and come to Casablanca as much as I can to improve my Arabic.

If you could have the same level of talent as you do in tennis with the skill of your choice, what would you pick and why?
I would probably be a football player. A lot of tennis players have also played this when they were young. In my case, I played until I was 13 or 14 years old. I always try to watch the matches when I am home. The way the players move so many people just by scoring a goal is something that is so impressive. I would love to have that feeling.

Being a big Valencia CF fan, what do you think the club needs to do to get back to the top of La Liga and be a major threat in the other competitions like the Champions League?
I have to say I’m not only a Valencia fan, but also Levante. They are a smaller club in Valencia, but they are doing great. They are fifth. It’s very difficult. When they have to play Madrid and Barcelona, it’s almost impossible. Valencia tries to be third, which is still very good.

The bad thing is we didn’t go far in the Champions League. That’s very important to us as it gives money and honour. In the situation now, they are struggling with money and it’s difficult to go far with so many tough teams in the Champions League. I support them as much as I can and I hope they keep doing well.

Do you have any social media accounts? If not, do you have any future plans to join Facebook and/or Twitter?
I don’t have any right now because I don’t like them. I think sometimes, you give too much information and you can say things that can be misunderstood.

But I might start, because it’s important for the fans and to be in touch with other people. I’m planning to have a Twitter account.

What is something about yourself that tennis fans would be surprised to find out?
I have no idea how to cook. And I like to sing in the shower.

Did you sing after your matches today?

Not today. I usually do it when I am really happy. They are mostly Spanish songs, but I’m starting to sing R&B.

I also always carry a book when I am at a tournament.

What are you reading right now?
It’s a book by a French author my girlfriend gave me. I don’t remember the name but it’s in Spanish.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... dujar.aspx

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 16 kwie 2012, 1:00 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

#2) Casablanca 2012

Obrazek

R32 bye
R16 Potito Starace (ITA) 6-3 6-0
QF [Q] Sergio Gutierrez-Ferrol (ESP) 6-4 1-6 6-3
SF Flavio Cipolla (ITA) 6-3 7-5
F [7] Albert Ramos (ESP) 6-1 7-6(5)

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (20)
2018 (2) Stuttgart, Marsylia
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 16 kwie 2012, 1:06 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Andujar Repeats As Casablanca Champion

Obrazek

Third seed Pablo Andujar defeated seventh-seeded countryman Albert Ramos 6-1, 7-6(5) in a rain-delayed final to successfully defend his Casablanca title at the Grand Prix Hassan II on Sunday.

"I'm very happy, as this is very special to me. I didn't think that I could win here twice in a row,” said Andujar. “It was difficult with the three rain delays.”

Andujar capitalised on all four of his break opportunities, winning 47 per cent of his return points to triumph in one hour and 46 minutes. He is yet to drop a set in his three tour-level meetings with Ramos.

“Albert was a bit nervous at the beginning and I played very well during the first set,” Andujar assessed. “The second set could have gone in both directions. It wasn't easy to remain calm in the end.”

The 26-year-old Andujar improved to a 2-3 final record, with all of his title match appearances coming on clay. He is 9-0 in Casablanca, taking 18 of the 20 sets he’s played at the ATP World Tour 250 event.

Ramos was contesting his first ATP World Tour final and dropped to a 14-10 season record.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Title.aspx

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 07 maja 2012, 0:01 
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 37

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 13 maja 2012, 23:40 
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 36

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 10 lip 2012, 10:33 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 35

2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros
2013: US Open
2012: Nicea
2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn

Finały (15):
2017: Stuttgart
2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea
2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn
2014: Doha
2013: Cincinnati
2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm
2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open

PostZamieszczono: 11 wrz 2012, 15:01 
Awatar użytkownika

Najwyższy ranking w karierze: 33

Finały (16):

Gra podwójna:

PostZamieszczono: 27 wrz 2012, 6:36 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Pablo Andujar: Core Is Key
by Matt Fitzgerald

Obrazek
Pablo Andujar says a strong core helps with power on the serve and groundstrokes.

Every season, the ATP offers players the opportunity to go through a testing program which identifies weaknesses and in turn, helps prevent injuries. Whether it’s the shoulder, core, hip or another overused area of the body, an imbalance can be detected and addressed with a specific exercise.

Spain’s Pablo Andujar was one of the players who took part earlier this year, focusing on his core stability. He discusses his testing experience and what he learned from it as part of Compeed’s Form & Fitness series.

How have you looked to keep building your core strength since testing with the ATP’s physiotherapists?
The exercises the ATP gave me, I’ve continued with them to get stabilisation with my core. That’s what one part of core strength is about. It is an important part in playing tennis.

What did you take away by participating in the testing?
It helped me improve the consistency in the exercises they gave me. Everyday I’ve tried to work on them. It’s also helped me to prevent injuries.

Which shot in tennis benefits the most in having a strong core?
It would probably be the serve. But it might have more benefits on the groundstrokes because the core helps generate more power.

Do you believe the development of your core has contributed to you maintaining your status as a Top 50 player?
It has helped, but there are of course a lot of things I still have to work on and improve.

One of your other assets is your level of stamina. What impact do you believe this has in playing consistent tennis?
I would say it’s a small part. What probably makes the difference in tennis is to do a variety of exercises and be constant with them.

What is an exercise or stretch you’d recommend a recreational player add into their training program?
I would suggest working with the bands. I think they are very important. They help prevent injury, improve stabilisation and power, and can be used for a warm-up. They have lots of different jobs.

Which player on tour do you think…
Has the best footwork? Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer
Has the greatest muscular endurance? Rafael Nadal
Is the quickest? David Ferrer
Is the most flexible? Novak Djokovic
Has the strongest core? It’s too tough to say
Has the best balance? Novak Djokovic

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Form-A ... s-Key.aspx

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 50 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+2godz.