mtenis.com.pl

mtenis.com.pl

Forum tenisowe ATP
Dzisiaj jest 22 lut 2018, 3:34

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 132 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Sam Querrey
PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:24 
Awatar użytkownika

Obrazek Sam Querrey

Obrazek

Cytuj:
Sam Austin Querrey (ur. 7 października 1987 w San Francisco) – amerykański tenisista, zwycięzca US Open Series 2009, reprezentant w Pucharze Davisa.

Państwo: USA
Miejsce urodzenia: San Francisco, CA, USA
Miejsce zamieszkania: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Wzrost: 198 cm
Masa ciała: 91 kg
Gra praworęczna, oburęczny bh.
Status profesjonalny od 2006r.
Trener: David Nainkin

Oficjalna strona: http://www.SamQuerrey.com

Roland Garros & US Open doubles champion, Olympic silver & bronze medalist, World Team Cup & Davis Cup winner.

Tytuł: Re: Sam Querrey
PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:28 
Awatar użytkownika

Tytuły Sama Querreya

#1) Las Vegas, 2008

R32 Sebastien Grosjean (FRA) 6-2, 4-6, 7-6(8)
R16 Nicolas Kiefer (GER) 6-3, 6-1
Q Julien Benneteau (FRA) 7-5, 6-2
S Guillermo Canas (ARG) 7-5, 6-2
W Kevin Anderson (RSA) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4

Obrazek

-------------------------------------------------

#2) Los Angeles, 2009

R32 Denis Istomin (UZB) 6-2, 6-0
R16 Ryan Sweeting (USA) 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-3
Q Dudi Sela (ISR) 6-3, 7-5
S Tommy Haas (GER) 6-3, 7-5
W Carsten Ball (AUS) 6-4, 3-6, 6-1

Obrazek

-------------------------------------------------

#3) Memphis, 2010

R32 Raajev Ram (USA) 6-2 6-3
R16 Leonardo Mayer (ARG) 6-4 6-0
Q Andy Roddick (USA) 7-5 3-6 6-1
S Ernests Gulbis (LAT) 6-3 6-4
W John Isner (USA) 6-7 7-6 6-3

Obrazek

Roland Garros & US Open doubles champion, Olympic silver & bronze medalist, World Team Cup & Davis Cup winner.

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:32 
Awatar użytkownika

#4) Belgrad, 2010

R32 bye
R16 Evgeny Korolev (KAZ) 6-3 6-4
Q Igor Andreev (RUS) 6-3 2-6 6-4
S Filip Krajinović (SRB) 6-1 6-2
W John Isner (USA) 3-6 7-6 6-4

Obrazek

----------------------------------------------

#5) Queen's Club, 2010

R64 bye
R32 Robby Ginepri (USA) 7-6 6-2
R16 Marcel Granollers (ESP) 6-3 7-6
QF Xavier Malisse (BEL) 6-3 7-5
SF Rainer Schuettler (GER) 6-7 7-5 6-3
W Mardy Fish (USA) 7-6 7-5

Obrazek

----------------------------------------------

#6) Los Angeles, 2010

R32 bye
R16 Kevin Anderson 7-6 4-6 6-0
Q Rainer Schuettler 6-2 3-6 7-6
S Janko Tipsarevic 6-7 7-6 6-4
W Andy Murray 5-7 7-6 6-3

Obrazek

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:33 

Cytuj:
Querrey Signs With K-Swiss

Sam Querrey will start the new year clad in new clothes.

Querrey is changing his stripes. The 24th-ranked Querrey has signed an apparel and shoe
endorsement deal with K-Swiss, according to a published report in the SportsBusiness Journal written by Daniel Kaplan.

The second-highest ranked American man behind sixth-ranked Andy Roddick, Querrey has endorsed adidas for the past three years. His contract with adidas expires at the end of this year, so Querrey will make his debut as a K-Swiss player in January during the Australian season.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed though SportsBusiness Journal reports the pact is worth seven figures. Querrey joins fellow American Mardy Fish and Wimbledon semifinalist Tommy Haas as K-Swiss endorsers.

Regarded as the potential successor to Andy Roddick as a future top American man, Querrey posted some of his best results during the North American summer season. Following his five-set loss to Marin Cilic at Wimbledon, Querrey advanced to three consecutive finals — Newport, Indianapolis and Los Angeles — beating Carsten Ball to claim the L.A. title and falling to Fernando Verdasco in the New Haven final prior to the US Open.

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstor ... id=6642300

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:37 

Cytuj:
Back from accident, Querrey returns to practice

OS ANGELES (AP)—American Sam Querrey is back practicing for his return to the ATP Tour after he cut two muscles in his right forearm when he sat on a glass table that broke in Thailand.

The world’s 25th-ranked player said on Tuesday he narrowly avoided damaging the nerve in his serving arm that would have ended his tennis career.

Querrey hurt himself on Sept. 28 after practicing at the Thailand Open. He sat on a couch before going to take a shower. Afterward, he didn’t want to sit back in the same sweaty spot on the couch to put on his socks and shoes.

So he fatefully plopped down on the glass table, and it shattered.

“I fell through it,” he recalled. “When I got up, there was a piece of glass in my arm. Blood was gushing out. I ran down to the trainer. The doctor came and we got the ambulance and went to the hospital.”

Querrey whipped out his cell phone to display a photo of the open wound before it was closed up with 25 stitches during an hourlong surgery in a Bangkok hospital. He cut 30 percent of two different muscles in his arm.

The evidence is a thin, red 3-inch (7 1/2 -centimeter) scar on the inside of his arm.

“I was actually more nervous when I got home and I finally took the splint off after two weeks,” he said. “If my wrist moved in the slightest way, it would send shooting pain down my arm. I didn’t know if I was going to get better.”

During his recovery to strengthen the muscles in his wrist and recover his range of motion, Querrey was forced to do everything with his left hand, including brushing his teeth.

He says his arm feels good, although his serve isn’t quite where it was before the accident.

“My shoulder, it takes a while to warm it up and get that motion going,” he said. “Other than that I feel no difference in any part of my game.”

The accident cut short his career-best season, forcing him to miss five tournaments. The 22-year-old Californian reached five ATP Tour finals this year, putting him in the elite company of No. 1 Roger Federer, No. 2 Rafael Nadal, No. 3 Novak Djokovic and No. 4 Andy Murray as players who made at least that many finals.

Querrey won one of those finals, at Los Angeles, and he rose to a career-high 22nd in the rankings. He finished the year with a 41-23 win-loss mark.

No. 6 Andy Roddick is the highest-ranked American on the men’s tour. After him and Querrey, only No. 44 James Blake is ranked among the top 50.

Querrey heard from Roddick and Blake after the accident, but he was most excited about an e-mail from Federer wishing him well.

“That was the greatest,” he said, smiling. “I was so happy. It made my day. It was almost worth it.”

http://www.tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=192256

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:37 
Awatar użytkownika

Sezon 2009 w liczbach

Cytuj:
Ranking: 25
Tytuły: 1 (Los Angeles)
Finały: 4 (Auckland, Newport, Indianapolis, New Haven)
Bilans spotkań: 41-23
Zarobki: $689,662

AO - 1 Runda
RG - 1 Runda
WM - 3 Runda
US - 3 Runda

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:39 

Cytuj:
Querrey ratuje Las Vegas

Władze Las Vegas, w obliczu 47-milionowego deficytu w kasie komunalnej, wszędzie szukają oszczędności. Znalazły je także w Darling Tennis Center, gdzie w latach 2006-08 rozgrywany był turniej ATP. Chciały zamknąć należące do miasta korty, ale z pomocą przyszedł Sam Querrey. Amerykański tenisista oraz jego krewni wzięli na siebie koszty utrzymania obiektu (ok. miliona dolarów rocznie) oraz zapewnili, że zrobią wszystko, aby kompleks sam na siebie zarobił.
Querrey wygrał do tej pory sześć turniejów ATP. Pierwszy – dwa lata temu – właśnie w Las Vegas.

http://www.tenisklub.pl/?req=news&newsI ... 44887eff01

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:39 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

2010 w liczbach

Cytuj:
Ranking: 18
Turnieje: 4 (Memphis, Belgrad, Queens, LA)
Finały: 1 (Houston)
Mecze: 39-24
Zarobki: $1,252,096

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj
2012 (1) Toronto M1000
2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose
2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam
2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne
2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (18)
2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000
2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur
2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:40 

Cytuj:
Szlachetny gest Querreya w stylu Tłoczyńskiego i Piątka

Przyznać rację rywalowi po krzywdzącej dla tamtego decyzji sędziowskiej - rzecz w zawodowym sporcie wyjątkowa. Sam Querrey oddał punkt Ryanowi Sweetingowi, któremu przy meczbolu zasygnalizowano z opóźnieniem muśnięcie piłki o taśmę.W meczu II rundy turnieju ATP World Tour w Delray Beach Sweeting, wielka nadzieja amerykańskiego tenisa, serwował przy 7:6, 5:4. Querrey nie sięgnął podania przy meczbolu, a młodzian ciesząc się z wygranej pobiegł do siatki. Okazało się jednak, że sędzia Magdi Somat zamiast "gem, sem, mecz" wypowiedział formułkę "let, first serve".

Punktu panowie jednak nie powtarzali, bowiem Sweetinga w jego pretensji do arbitra poparł Querrey, który po spotkaniu tłumaczył się ze swojej decyzji: - Słyszałem let, ale to był piękny serwis. Wcześniej to ja byłem trzy razy faworyzowany, więc dobrze się stało. Ryan to mój przyjaciel. Przyjaciel zapowiedział zaproszenie na obiad: - To minimum! - przyznał Sweeting, który w ćwierćfinale spotka się w piątek z Kei Nishikorim.

Tak oto widzimy, że w tenisie, sporcie dla dam i dżentelmenów (przed I wojną światową zabronione były dropszoty, nie mówiąc o innych zagraniach ofensywnych), sporcie królewskim (Jadwiga Jędrzejowska występowała w mikście z władcą Szwecji Gustawem V, popularnym Mister G), ostały się przejawy szlachetnej postawy zawodników, ratujących sytuację po błędach sędziowskich.

W historii polskiego tenisa jako dżentelmeni zapisali się przede wszystkim Józef Piątek i Ignacy Tłoczyński. Ten pierwszy wsławił się epizodem w meczu przeciw Węgrowi Jancsó podczas międzynarodowych mistrzostw Rumunii w 1955 roku, kiedy po wygraniu dwóch setów i prowadzeniu w trzecim sędzia pomylił się na niekorzyść serwującego rywala, który znalazł się w sytuacji 15-40. Piątek w relacji trenera Zbigniewa Bełdowskiego oddał wtedy Jancsó dwie kolejne piłki, po czym otrzymał owację od wzruszonej publiczności.

autor: Krzysztof Straszak

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ ... -i-piatka/

PostZamieszczono: 18 lip 2011, 22:41 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Querrey ruled out of Wimbledon

Obrazek
American Sam Querrey has withdrawn from Wimbledon with an arm injury.

The big-serving Californian complained of arm pain at Queen's Club last week where he was surprisingly beaten by British wildcard James Ward. Querrey, ranked 40 in the world, won the Queen's tournament last year and went on to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon where he lost to Britain's Andy Murray.

The American number three's place in the draw will go to a lucky loser from the qualifying tournament.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/15062011/58/ ... ledon.html

PostZamieszczono: 30 lip 2011, 14:56 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Querrey przechodzi rehabilitację niedomagającego łokcia. Niedługo ma zamiar wrócić na korty. Jego wpis na Facebooku:

Cytuj:
I've been working closely with my doctors and physio. Doing a lot of rehab and working out. Excited to be back on the courts soon! Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it.

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (18)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 25 sie 2011, 12:34 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Querrey another US Open absentee

Californian Sam Querrey's recovery from elbow surgery will stretch a few weeks longer than hoped, with the American now due to miss the US Open.

Querrey underwent June surgery after his injury at Queen's club, keeping him out of Wimbledon.

The No. 79 said he does not feel ready to play, especially in a best-of-five Grand Slam format. "The arm gets fatigued after about an hour of playing. I don't have the strength to be able to play a three-out-of-five set match at a high level yet."

"I didn't want to go there and think maybe I can play or maybe I can't. I am still young. I don't want to risk it. I think an extra three or four weeks would be beneficial for me."

Querrey has stalled at the fourth round for his best Open showing. achieved in 2008 and last year.

It's not the first time the big man has been hurt. In September, 2009, he seriously cut his arm as he sat on a glass coffee table in the Bangkok player lounge, shattering the surface and requiring surgery to repair a massive wound which could have ended his career.

Querrey now starts lower-level Challenger play next month and hopes to return to the ATP in Europe. "The short-term goal is to finish in the top 100 to make sure I am into the Australian Open."

www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110825/Que ... _absentee/

PostZamieszczono: 23 wrz 2011, 21:38 

Cytuj:
Sam Querrey ready for big-man tennis

Obrazek

Two years ago in Bangkok, Sam Querrey fell through a glass table following practice. The table shattered and the glass penetrated his right arm. He was lucky his career didn't come to an end.

Call it a freak injury.

You can add freak illness to the list.

Gearing up two weeks ago for his comeback from arthroscopic right elbow surgery, Querrey suddenly began experiencing pain at his belly button. It was the last thing he needed for a guy on his way outside the top 100 following a three-month layoff.

"It was kind of hurting one day, and then it started to get kind of inflamed and red," Querrey recalled in a phone interview. "It hurt to the point where I couldn't sleep, and it hurt to walk."

A worried Querrey went to see a doctor and was told he'd suffered an umbilical cord infection. Minor surgery ensued. Another setback, although Querrey was relieved because he thought it might have been an umbilical hernia, which could have sidelined him for another month.

"It was kind of a strange thing," Querrey said. "Fortunately right after the surgery it didn't hurt and I was able to play tennis. I kind of started two days later."

And that's where the road to recovery begins:

Still recouping from that medical procedure and not going all out on his big first serve, the 23-year-old nonetheless couldn't wait any longer. He made his return at a Challenger event in Tulsa last week, the first time in four years he dropped down to the lower level.

"I didn't feel 100 percent going in, but I really wanted to play a tournament," he said.

The result -- reaching the semis and losing to Michael McClune -- wasn't overly important. Rather, Querrey was just hoping the elbow would hold up.

And it did.

Playing eight matches -- four in singles and four in doubles, where he reached the final -- there was no discomfort. Querrey's elbow was operated on the week before Wimbledon; he injured it hitting a serve as he warmed up for a third-round match at Queen's Club in early June.

"Playing a Challenger, I felt pressure, but coming out of it I took it as a positive that my elbow didn't hurt," Querrey added. "It gave me confidence for the rest of the year knowing that I can make it through a tournament without my elbow hurting. But it definitely took a match or two to swing as hard as I can. The doctor can say, 'Hey, it's 100 percent,' but it's a different feeling going out and doing it for yourself."

Querrey knows there's much more to do.

He improved nine spots in the rankings this week, but that only boosted his position to No. 116, way down on the depth chart of American players -- at No. 10 to be precise. Twelve months ago, the California native stood at 21st in the world rankings after an uplifting U.S. Open, fractionally behind Mardy Fish and not far adrift of Andy Roddick.

Indeed, Querrey likely had his best season in 2010, even if he failed to eclipse the third round at any Masters event. Backed by his serve and potent forehand, he won four titles, Queen's included, and advanced to the fourth round in back-to-back Grand Slams, at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

The momentum didn't carry over. Prior to the elbow operation, Querrey compiled a less-than-mediocre 10-14 record in 2011. He was upset in the first round of the Australian Open and eliminated in the second at Roland Garros.

All this while a batch of his fellow Americans have excelled. John Isner, Querrey's pal and intermittent doubles partner, broke through at the U.S. Open, landing in a maiden Grand Slam quarterfinal; Donald Young broke new ground by getting to the fourth round in New York; Alex Bogomolov Jr. found himself in the third round there; and Roddick, surprising a few, surfaced in the quarters at the U.S. Open.

Patrick McEnroe, Querrey's former Davis Cup captain and the USTA's general manager of player development, suggested the break would benefit Querrey in the long run.

"He was getting a bit stale, and his appreciation for what he has and what it takes is deeper now," McEnroe wrote in an email.

Querrey -- who memorably admitted during last year's clay-court season that his motivation waned -- agreed with that sentiment.

"Now I'm hungrier than ever," he said. "When you don't play a tournament or practice for a while, it lets you know how much you miss the sport, how much you love it."

He'll see his fair share of action to cap 2011, signing up for five tournaments in six weeks. Querrey begins with a pair of Challenger events in California in early October, Sacramento and Tiburon before heading off to Europe and Vienna, Valencia and Paris.

Going forward, McEnroe is urging Querrey to play "big-man tennis." That entails, said McEnroe, being more aggressive on his second serve and in returning second serves, and looking to dominate with the forehand.

"Hopefully I can make a little bit of a run here but then really refocus and restart and next year put together another good year like 2010 -- or hopefully better than that," Querrey said

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/70 ... man-tennis

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10

PostZamieszczono: 26 wrz 2011, 20:47 

Cytuj:
Querrey recovering from his latest medical hard luck story

Obrazek

Accident-prone American Sam Querrey is recovering from yet another mishap with hopes of returning to the ATP sometime in the autumn.

The clumsy Californian, who crashed a glass table in Bangkok two years ago by sitting on it and seriously cutting his arm, was recovering nicely from his June elbow surgery this year. But just as he was to return to tennis, he was struck with an infection of his (former) umbilical cord.

The problem has now been dealt with through more surgery and Querrey is keen to finally step back into the game. The former world No. 17 will have a lot of ground to make up once he returns, with his ranking plummeting to 117th.

His immediate goal is to improve enough for a direct entry into January's Australian Open. "It was kind of hurting one day, and then it started to get kind of inflamed and red," Querrey said of his latest medical mis-adventure. "It hurt to the point where I couldn't sleep, and it hurt to walk. It was kind of a strange thing. Fortunately right after the surgery it didn't hurt and I was able to play tennis."

Querrey has begun a slow return to tennis, reaching the semifinals of a recent Challenger, his first competition since Queen's Club in June prior to Wimbledon.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 ... luck_story

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10

PostZamieszczono: 20 lis 2011, 18:38 

PostZamieszczono: 08 gru 2011, 18:01 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
2011 w liczbach

Ranking: 93
Bilans gier: 12-15
Tytuły: 0
Finały: 0
Zarobki: $484,266

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (18)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 15 kwie 2012, 12:08 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Blake/Querrey Triumph In Houston

James Blake and Sam Querrey captured their first team title on Saturday, edging Treat Conrad Huey and Dominic Inglot 7-6(14), 6-4 in the final of the US Men’s Clay Court Championship in Houston.

After narrowly taking the first set tie-break, Blake and Querrey converted the only break of the second set to claim victory in one hour and 43 minutes.

“The week was great, as I haven't been in the winners' circle in a while,” said Blake. “It's a great feeling to get back in it with a good friend like Sam. I hope it's a stepping stone. I remember when I won my first doubles title, it was a precursor to my first singles title the next weekend. I think it shows I'm starting to play well and getting confidence. I'll take it anywhere I can get it.”

Entering the event, Blake and Querrey were winless in their four previous matches together. Blake celebrated his second triumph at the ATP World Tour 250 event, having previously lifted the title in 2004 with Mardy Fish. Querrey went a step further on his runner-up finish last year with John Isner.
“It's always fun to play with a buddy like James," Querrey said. “We hadn’t won a match before, but once we got one win, we got four. We had a lot of close matches. Hopefully we can play again and win another title.”

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... urday.aspx

2016: Queen's Club, Atlanta
2014: Pekin
2013: Montpellier, Atlanta
2012: Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea

Finały (15):
2017: Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon
2016: Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch
2013: Barcelona, Madryt, Paryż - Bercy
2012: Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea
2011: Los Angeles

Gra podwójna:

Tytuły (4): Wimbledon’13, Australian Open’15, Roland Garros’15, Us Open'17
Finały (2): Us Open’15, Wimbledon’16

PostZamieszczono: 23 kwie 2012, 21:13 
Administrator
Awatar użytkownika

Bardzo dobry czas przeżywa Sam. Tydzień temu wygrał turniej deblowy w Houston (w parze z Jamesem Blakiem), a wczoraj został najlepszym tenisistą challengera w Sarasocie. Był to 4 tytuł Querreya na zapleczu ATP na 6 rozegranych finałów.

2015 (1) Rotterdam
2012 (1) Toronto M1000

MTT - finały (18)
2015 (1) Halle
2014 (1) Tokio
2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia
2008 (1) WTF

PostZamieszczono: 01 maja 2012, 11:17 
Awatar użytkownika

Cytuj:
Querrey Joins Newport Field

Obrazek

Sam Querrey, a six-time champion on the ATP World Tour, is the most recent player to commit to the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, which will be held July 9 - 15, 2012 on the historic grass courts of the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I.

as high as world No. 17, has been steadily making a comeback this season after taking much of last year off due to injuries. Last week, he won the title at the Sarasota Open, and subsequently jumped 18 spots to No. 80 in the South African Airways ATP World Tour rankings.

This will be Querrey's fourth appearance in Newport, where he was a finalist in 2009. Querrey joins a growing field of popular American players returning to Newport this summer, including No. 1 American and defending champion John Isner and 11-time Grand Slam champions and world No. 1 doubles team, Bob and Mike Bryan.

"It's great to see Sam getting his game back, and we look forward to welcoming him back to Newport," said Tournament Director Mark L. Stenning. "He's a nice addition to a very strong field for the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships this summer. The combination of Sam, John Isner, and the Bryans, along with Lleyton Hewitt and Milos Raonic will certainly deliver an exciting week of pro tennis for fans in Newport."

The Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships is the only ATP World Tour event in New England, and the only event in the nation played on grass courts. Tickets for the tournament are on sale now on tennisfame.com or by calling 866-914-FAME (3263).

Querrey is a six-time champion on the ATP World Tour and also has four doubles titles to his name, including the 2012 US Men's Clay Court Championship, which he won at Houston, with James Blake, earlier this month. In 2010, Querrey won four titles on three different surfaces en route to his first Top 20 finish. The following season, 2011, was cut short for Querrey when he underwent elbow surgery in mid-June. He returned to play some Challenger events in the fall, and still closed out the season in the Top 100 for the fifth consecutive year.

Returning to a more frequent schedule this season, Querrey has compiled a 6-8 record in singles and an 11-4 record in doubles. He is currently ranked world No. 24 in doubles, and in addition to the Houston win, he was a finalist at Indian Wells and a semifinalist at Memphis, both times paired with current No. 1 American John Isner.

Źródło: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis ... Field.aspx

2016: Queen's Club, Atlanta
2014: Pekin
2013: Montpellier, Atlanta
2012: Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea

Finały (15):
2017: Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon
2016: Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch
2013: Barcelona, Madryt, Paryż - Bercy
2012: Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea
2011: Los Angeles

Gra podwójna:

Tytuły (4): Wimbledon’13, Australian Open’15, Roland Garros’15, Us Open'17
Finały (2): Us Open’15, Wimbledon’16

PostZamieszczono: 05 lip 2012, 11:33 
Awatar użytkownika

Konferencja po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie Wimbledonu.

Spoiler:

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int ... 19701.html

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 132 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz.